Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ (2693 Views)

Saudi Arabia To Execute 'Atheist' For Insulting Prophet Muhammad / Obayi Paul Martins Undergoes 3 Days Fasting, Allows Himself To Be Flogged (Pics) / Obinim Accused Of Sleeping With Pastor's Wife After He Flogged Teenagers For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by cozimo: 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
Saudi Arabia has lashed a liberal blogger 50 times in public, despite widespread international outrage and calls for clemency from human right groups.

Hillel Neuer, Executive Director of UN Watch, said on twitter that blogger and activist, Raif Badawi, was lashed outside a mosque in the Red Sea coastal city of Jeddah on Friday.

Badawi is due to undergo 50 lashes every week after Friday prayers, which will continue for 20 weeks until his punishment is complete.

Amnesty International says Badawi, who started the “Free Saudi Liberals” website, was sentenced to 10 years in prison and 1,000 lashes on charges related to accusations he insulted Islam on the online forum.

He was also ordered by Jeddah’s Criminal Court to pay a fine of $266,000.

“It is horrifying to think that such a vicious and cruel punishment should be imposed on someone who is guilty of nothing more than daring to create a public forum for discussion and peacefully exercising the right to freedom of expression,” Philip Luther, Amnesty’s Middle East and North Africa Director, said.

“Saudi Arabian authorities must immediately halt all plans to carry out this brutal sentence,” he said.

The United States had also appealed to Saudi Arabia to cancel the sentence.

State Department spokeswoman, Jen Psaki, said the US was “greatly concerned.” She called the 1,000 lashes an “inhumane” response to someone exercising his right to freedom of expression and religion.

“The United States government calls on Saudi authorities to cancel this brutal punishment and to review Badawi’s case and sentence,” Psaki said.

Around 14,000 people have signed an online petition calling on Saudi’s King Abdullah to pardon Badawi.

Rights groups and activists say his case is part of a wider clampdown on dissent throughout the kingdom.

BY ALJAZEERA
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by resty4(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
Islam the most barbaric, primitive and cultive religion.
saudi has no constitu tion but koran.
C what sharia does in 21st century. People r deny right of xprsion,women r forbidden frm drivg car,girls r married at age 13 all 'cos islam produce,promote and stand against anything progressive and civilizatn. CAN U JUST IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT ISLAM ? I C FREEDOM, LOVE,PEACE AND PROSPERITY

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
Lol. Obviously, he will have to blog while standing up now.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by adexsimply(m): 8:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
Abuamam:
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Rexyl(m): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
50 lashes for 20 weeks after Friday prayers! Is that to amaze god or goddess? So the Saudi government supports moral and mental slavery by denying fundamental human rights. In this century, such practice should have been outdated and rejected. That's how injustice that results in violent behaviors starts

1 Like

Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
Abuamam:
What is wrong with you??
So you support this??Because of a belief system,expression shouldn't exist?Is this how to advance Islam?I saw your post about the clerics apologizing for the Paris attacks.You know what you said.I thought you support what's right.Do u know this mans wife and kids have relocated to Canada?
Goddamn!!!
And before you start ranting,I was raised in a muslim home,both of my parents are Muslims.
So,oga,what is wrong with you?
Kai!!
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
datopdlink:

What is wrong with you??
So you support this??Because of a belief system,expression shouldn't exist?Is this how to advance Islam?I saw your post about the clerics apologizing for the Paris attacks.You know what you said.I thought you support what's right.Do u know this mans wife and kids have relocated to Canada?
Goddamn!!!
And before you start ranting,I was raised in a muslim home,both of my parents are Muslims.
So,oga,what is wrong with you?
Kai!!

Did I tell you I want to advance Islam? Why should I care where you spend your eternity? This judgement is an Islamic judgement and I accept the verdict, as just. I am not looking for your approval.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
Abuamam:

Did I tell you I want to advance Islam? Why should I care where you spend your eternity? This judgement is an Islamic judgement and I accept the verdict, as just. I am not looking for your approval.

Nigga there's nothing concerning "approval" here.My issue with you is your heartless and cold statement:
This ^^^ right here is despicable.Someone will be imprisoned for a decade,flogged 50 lashes for the next 20 weeks,just for blogging,for freedom of expression,and you type "Lol."
If you,as a muslim,have no problem with this,then you're part of the ideological problem were facing today.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by cozimo: 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
datopdlink:

Nigga there's nothing concerning "approval" here.My issue with you is your heartless and cold statement:
This ^^^ right here is despicable.Someone will be imprisoned for a decade,flogged 50 lashes for the next 20 weeks,just for blogging,for freedom of expression,and you type "Lol."
If you,as a muslim,have no problem with this,then you're part of the ideological problem were facing today.

An Igbo adage says when they are carrying another person's corpse it is like firewood.

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by JesusisLord85: 1:50am On Jan 10, 2015
cozimo:

Saudi Arabia has lashed a liberal blogger 50 times in public, despite widespread international outrage and calls for clemency from human right groups.

Hillel Neuer, Executive Director of UN Watch, said on twitter that blogger and activist, Raif Badawi, was lashed outside a mosque in the Red Sea coastal city of Jeddah on Friday.

Badawi is due to undergo 50 lashes every week after Friday prayers, which will continue for 20 weeks until his punishment is complete.

Amnesty International says Badawi, who started the “Free Saudi Liberals” website, was sentenced to 10 years in prison and 1,000 lashes on charges related to accusations he insulted Islam on the online forum.

He was also ordered by Jeddah’s Criminal Court to pay a fine of $266,000.

“It is horrifying to think that such a vicious and cruel punishment should be imposed on someone who is guilty of nothing more than daring to create a public forum for discussion and peacefully exercising the right to freedom of expression,” Philip Luther, Amnesty’s Middle East and North Africa Director, said.

“Saudi Arabian authorities must immediately halt all plans to carry out this brutal sentence,” he said.

The United States had also appealed to Saudi Arabia to cancel the sentence.

State Department spokeswoman, Jen Psaki, said the US was “greatly concerned.” She called the 1,000 lashes an “inhumane” response to someone exercising his right to freedom of expression and religion.

“The United States government calls on Saudi authorities to cancel this brutal punishment and to review Badawi’s case and sentence,” Psaki said.

Around 14,000 people have signed an online petition calling on Saudi’s King Abdullah to pardon Badawi.

Rights groups and activists say his case is part of a wider clampdown on dissent throughout the kingdom.

BY ALJAZEERA

And so what?

If an Israelite, or a stranger, had blasphemed the name of the Most High God, he would be put to death. In fact there is an example:

Leviticus 24:11-14
11 And the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the name of the Lord, and cursed. And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dansmiley
12 And they put him in ward, that the mind of the Lord might be shewed them.
13 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
14 Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him.

It is a good thing the Most High has hidden his true name from us. You people saying "oh my god", had you been able to insert the true name, you would have been 6ft under by now.

Shalom
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by lastmessenger: 7:52am On Jan 10, 2015
Abuamam:

This guy is really brainwashed. Check this out and see who your role model is.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 10, 2015
JesusisLord85:

And so what?

If an Israelite, or a stranger, had blasphemed the name of the Most High God, he would be put to death. In fact there is an example:

11 And the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the name of the Lord, and cursed. And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dansmiley
14 Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him.

It is a good thing the Most High has hidden his true name from us. You people saying "oh my god", had you been able to insert the true name, you would have been 6ft under by now.

Shalom

Oh,I see..
And in the 21st Century,in the age of unbelievable advances in Science and technology,where we're trying to increase the standard of living for every human,where every human should enjoy thier fundamental human rights....
You have no issue/problem with this?
Forget your religious affiliation,is this just to you?as a human being?
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Rexyl(m): 8:10am On Jan 10, 2015
JesusisLord85:

And so what?

Shalom

Christians are not living in the past. Their faith is anchored in Christ's saving grace, and they are people truly redeemed to God. Therefore all these you have stated are practiced by people who are not in Christ. All the treatment or judgment quoted is inhumane, don't you know that Christ has replaced it since... more than 2000 years back. That's reason you must come out of darkness into the light. Get yourself a copy of new testament, read and digest the gospel you will discover God's will to love, care for others and treat them as you want to be treated

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 10, 2015
@Lastmessenger I know you're angry...but please,don't attack his beliefs and what he respects.It'll just lead to bashing and end with no solution.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by lastmessenger: 8:31am On Jan 10, 2015
datopdlink:
@Lastmessenger I know you're angry...but please,don't attack his beliefs and what he respects.It'll just lead to bashing and end with no solution.
Sorry if you are offended. But that guy is always out to support evil. He should just stay in the muslim section and do whatever he feels like there and I won't care as i don't visit there.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 10, 2015
datopdlink:

Many are imprisoned for decades. Thousands are tortured and are being tortured daily, for the same 'freedom of expression' in christian countries. But because those imprisonments were not for abusers of Islam, and those that imprison them were not Muslim Saudis, you are ok with it.
Let me tell you. This western wannabe who learnt how to read and write with Saudi wealth is now trying to destroy the basis on which that which he enjoyed, is built. When we were kids, we watched our mouths or we were flogged. Nobody campaigned for freedom of expression to abuse our elders. There is nothing heartless and cold about my statement. You are concerned with the guilty man's backside. I am concerned with the suffering that will result in a society of anarchy where everyone abuses anyone and anything he likes.

lastmessenger:

Sorry if you are offended. But that guy is always out to support evil. He should just stay in the muslim section and do whatever he feels like there and I won't care as i don't visit there.

I will comment wherever my beliefs are mentioned. And YOU can post those cartoons as much as you like. Muslims are not offended when non-entities propagate foolishness. It is only to be expected.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 10, 2015
Abuamam:

Many are imprisoned for decades. Thousands are tortured and are being tortured daily, for the same 'freedom of expression' in christian countries. But because those imprisonments were not for abusers of Islam, and those that imprison them were not Muslim Saudis, you are ok with it.
Let me tell you. This western wannabe who learnt how to read and write with Saudi wealth is now trying to destroy the basis on which that which he enjoyed, is built. When we were kids, we watched our mouths or we were flogged. Nobody campaigned for freedom of expression to abuse our elders. There is nothing heartless and cold about my statement. You are concerned with the guilty man's backside. I am concerned with the suffering that will result in a society of anarchy where everyone abuses anyone and anything he likes.

I will comment wherever my beliefs are mentioned. And YOU can post those cartoons as much as you like. Muslims are not offended when non-entities propagate foolishness. It is only to be expected.

Pray,Are you a mind reader,sir? How do you know that I do not condemn injustice irrespective of who is imprisoned by who? Anyway,just to clarify,I am no muslim/Islam basher/hater. I describe myself as a born muslim having doubts,and examining this religion critically,as everything should.I don't care WHO commits injustice,or WHERE its committed.Injustice is injustice,period.I condemn ANY form of wrongdoing/evil,and yes,I support Islam and Muslims when its wronged. This,sir, Is unjust.No one,I repeat,no one,should be imprisoned for a decade and lashed 1000 times simply because he criticized a belief.EVERYTHING in existence can be criticized,and everyone has a right to do so.He didn't execute a coup,sir.He was blogging.This is a despicable affront on the inalienable right of freedom of speech.And that,no matter how you look at it,is unjust,period. Do you know that his wife's family tried to forcefully obtain a divorceMake his kids fatherless?Because this guy was bloggingHaba!!!! She's relocated to Canada with her kids now(This is exile).And you post: Lol. Tsk tsk tsk. You are simply supporting Fascism. Please think about this.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2015
lastmessenger:

I understand,please calm down...i know how you feel,believe me.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by JesusisLord85: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2015
datopdlink:

Oh,I see..
And in the 21st Century,in the age of unbelievable advances in Science and technology,where we're trying to increase the standard of living for every human,where every human should enjoy thier fundamental human rights....
You have no issue/problem with this?
Forget your religious affiliation,is this just to you?as a human being?

By the way, I did not say that is how we should take action today. The reason we need not take action is that Yahshua (Jesus) died for the sins of Israel, therefore we shall no more receive the curse of the law i.e. the punishment of sin, which is death.

But, your narrative of human rights and all that rubbish doesn't sit with me, I have the mind of my father.
Those he preach these 'sweet words' are undercover devils. We know things shall only deteriorate in these gentile times. Tell me, in the 'age' of human rights and betterment of life, which nation (race) of people rules this world? Which nation of people benefits from the poverty of other nations. Which nation of people sends organisations like the World Health Organisation and British Red Cross into poor countries to inflict viruses such as ebola and aids (oh, so you think ebola was just by chance, open your eyes).

The Most High has seen the sins of our enemies, and he shall punish them more severely than you read above. Get ready, the time is at hand.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 10, 2015
datopdlink:

Pray,Are you a mind reader,sir? How do you know that I do not condemn injustice irrespective of who is imprisoned by who? Anyway,just to clarify,I am no muslim/Islam basher/hater. I describe myself as a born muslim having doubts,and examining this religion critically,as everything should.I don't care WHO commits injustice,or WHERE its committed.Injustice is injustice,period.I condemn ANY form of wrongdoing/evil,and yes,I support Islam and Muslims when its wronged. This,sir, Is unjust.No one,I repeat,no one,should be imprisoned for a decade and lashed 1000 times simply because he criticized a belief.EVERYTHING in existence can be criticized,and everyone has a right to do so.He didn't execute a coup,sir.He was blogging.This is a despicable affront on the inalienable right of freedom of speech.And that,no matter how you look at it,is unjust,period. Do you know that his wife's family tried to forcefully obtain a divorceMake his kids fatherless?Because this guy was bloggingHaba!!!! She's relocated to Canada with her kids now(This is exile).And you post: Lol. Tsk tsk tsk. You are simply supporting Fascism. Please think about this.

That it is unjust is your opinion. My equally strong opinion is that it is just. Islam subordinates the wellbeing of an individual, especially one involved in a deliberate act of sedition, to the well being of society. His punishment has to do with prevention of recurrence by him and by others who may try to copy him, not for the purpose of causing pain. The man spread sedition publicly, period. He knew what he was getting into, when he resorted to blogging rather than confronting the relevant authority with his grievances. An example has to be made of him to prevent more treasonous behaviour. A legally established government has used its legal system to sentence him. If your issue is with flogging, then I would like to inform you that it is much preferable to being imprisoned in State facilities where you are sodomized by perverted cell mates, as obtains in bastions of "human rights" like the US.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by dalaman: 11:09am On Jan 10, 2015
Islam and fascism are the same thing.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by JesusisLord85: 11:15am On Jan 10, 2015
Rexyl:

Christians are not living in the past. Their faith is anchored in Christ's saving grace, and they are people truly redeemed to God.

Blah blah. Living in the past? Christ was the sacrificial lamb, to redeem Israel from their sins. THAT is why we need not stone blasphemers to death. However, it remains a sin, and the Most High shall punish those who are guilty, believe that brother. But you talking about modern living, woah unto you:

Jeremiah 18:15 Because my people hath forgotten me, they have burned incense to vanity, and they have caused them to stumble in their ways from the ancient paths, to walk in paths, in a way not cast up;

Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Therefore all these you have stated are practiced by people who are not in Christ. All the treatment or judgment quoted is inhumane, don't you know that Christ has replaced it since... more than 2000 years back.

Woah unto you. You have opened your mouth to say the statues of the Most High God, the God of thy fathers, thy ancestors, is "inhumane". It is simple, he that killeth with the sword, shall be killed by the sword. He that leads into captivity shall go into captivity. So get ready, the nations that mistreated and enslaved our people shall be held captive by us. Do you have the stomach, or are you a woman? Read Isaiah 45

That's reason you must come out of darkness into the light. Get yourself a copy of new testament, read and digest the gospel you will discover God's will to love, care for others and treat them as you want to be treated

Be quiet there. The Word that was from the beginning, the Word of God, is the instruction of God, which is the Torah of God. The Law. When Christ mentioned the scriptures, he could only have been talking about the law and the prophets. He is the Living Word.
You understand not the new testament books you carry. How can you, when you do not have the ancient scriptures. Carrying around letters of Paul and misinterpreting.

What is light, according to the bible? What is love according to the bible, how do we know whether we truly love the Most High God?
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by lastmessenger: 11:18am On Jan 10, 2015
Abuamam:

I can't leave my nine year old daughter near you because I know what you are capable of doing.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Rexyl(m): 11:27am On Jan 10, 2015
JesusisLord85:

Blah blah. Living in the past? Christ was the sacrificial lamb, to redeem Israel from their sins. THAT is why we need not stone blasphemers to death. However, it remains a sin, and the Most High shall punish those who are guilty, believe that brother. But you talking about modern living, woah unto you:

Jeremiah 18:15 Because my people hath forgotten me, they have burned incense to vanity, and they have caused them to stumble in their ways from the ancient paths, to walk in paths, in a way not cast up;

Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Woah unto you. You have opened your mouth to say the statues of the Most High God, the God of thy fathers, thy ancestors, is "inhumane". It is simple, he that killeth with the sword, shall be killed by the sword. He that leads into captivity shall go into captivity. So get ready, the nations that mistreated and enslaved our people shall be held captive by us. Do you have the stomach, or are you a woman? Read Isaiah 45

Be quiet there. The Word that was from the beginning, the Word of God, is the instruction of God, which is the Torah of God. The Law. When Christ mentioned the scriptures, he could only have been talking about the law and the prophets. He is the Living Word.
You understand not the new testament books you carry. How can you, when you do not have the ancient scriptures. Carrying around letters of Paul and misinterpreting.

What is light, according to the bible? What is love according to the bible, how do we know whether we truly love the Most High God?

We know you and your likes, you better change your username to what it should be. You can't mock God by sharing fake identity in his name.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 10, 2015
JesusisLord85:

By the way, I did not say that is how we should take action today. The reason we need not take action is that Yahshua (Jesus) died for the sins of Israel, therefore we shall no more receive the curse of the law i.e. the punishment of sin, which is death.

But, your narrative of human rights and all that rubbish doesn't sit with me, I have the mind of my father.
Those he preach these 'sweet words' are undercover devils. We know things shall only deteriorate in these gentile times. Tell me, in the 'age' of human rights and betterment of life, which nation (race) of people rules this world? Which nation of people benefits from the poverty of other nations. Which nation of people sends organisations like the World Health Organisation and British Red Cross into poor countries to inflict viruses such as ebola and aids (oh, so you think ebola was just by chance, open your eyes).

The Most High has seen the sins of our enemies, and he shall punish them more severely than you read above. Get ready, the time is at hand.

This is nothing more than Conservative Fascism......
Because some countries/governments exploit weaker entities,and you believe we are headed to some terrible age of moral decadence,shortly followed by an "apocalypse" doesn't mean we should reject human rights.Everyone has their dignity,and what's wrong will forever be wrong.
And if I may ask,are you a mind reader?How do you know if I believe Ebola was created(or not)?
Na wa o.
God is omnipotent and all powerful,right?He will punish sinners severely,right?Its ok...lets leave that to God and do what's right because its right.Humans have thier dignity,human rights are inalienable and fundamental.We must respect that.
Say No to Fascism.
#FreeRaifBadawi
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by JesusisLord85: 11:28am On Jan 10, 2015
Rexyl:

We know you and your likes, you better change your username to what it should be. You can't mock God by sharing fake identity in his name.

God's name is not Jesus. His name has been hidden from man. Good thing too. Had you known, this sinful generation would have blasphemed and been put to death
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by JesusisLord85: 11:34am On Jan 10, 2015
datopdlink:

This is nothing more than Conservative Fascism......
Because some countries/governments exploit weaker entities,and you believe we are headed to some terrible age of moral decadence,shortly followed by an "apocalypse" doesn't mean we should reject human rights.Everyone has their dignity,and what's wrong will forever be wrong.

What is wrong will always be wrong.
I like that. So it follows, what is wrong in the sight of God, will always be wrong in the sight of God. Correct? You know where I'm going with this..

If it is a statute in Saudi Arabia that a man who curses his fathers (because that is what he is doing, whether directly, or indirectly) should be flogged in public, what business is it of yours? Did they even kill him?

Your nation is a laughing stock, but you have time to point at laws which you disagree with in another man's compound. I agree with the Saudi's, should my son open his mouth to curse his fathers, he ought to be flogged so that he will never try it again.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 10, 2015
Abuamam:

That it is unjust is your opinion. My equally strong opinion is that it is just. Islam subordinates the wellbeing of an individual, especially one involved in a deliberate act of sedition, to the well being of society. His punishment has to do with prevention of recurrence by him and by others who may try to copy him, not for the purpose of causing pain. The man spread sedition publicly, period. He knew what he was getting into, when he resorted to blogging rather than confronting the relevant authority with his grievances. An example has to be made of him to prevent more treasonous behaviour. A legally established government has used its legal system to sentence him. If your issue is with flogging, then I would like to inform you that it is much preferable to being imprisoned in State facilities where you are sodomized by perverted cell mates, as obtains in bastions of "human rights" like the US.

Wow.so now,Justice is an opinion?
Incredible.Sir what is wrong,is wrong!!You take away the rights of an individual,for the rights of society?What society?Is the society exemplary? A society that treats raped females as adulterers,and stones them to death?A society that beheads people for a change in belief?That denies humans the right to think?Maybe you believe underage marriages and hunting "infidels" are right too.Afterall,as you say,that's an Islamic society.Maybe worldwide control bty a caliphate is "Just" too.Damn.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
JesusisLord85:

What is wrong will always be wrong.
I like that. So it follows, what is wrong in the sight of God, will always be wrong in the sight of God. Correct? You know where I'm going with this..

If it is a statute in Saudi Arabia that a man who curses his fathers (because that is what he is doing, whether directly, or indirectly) should be flogged in public, what business is it of yours? Did they even kill him?

Your nation is a laughing stock, but you have time to point at laws which you disagree with in another man's compound. I agree with the Saudi's, should my son open his mouth to curse his fathers, he ought to be flogged so that he will never try it again.

To begin:
My great nation,that I love and respect,is not and never will be a laughing stock.We are facing hard times,and we shall overcome.

"They didn't even kill him."
^^
This is appalling.I'm sure they're saints worthy of emulation for locking him up for a decade,and lashing him a thousand times.They didn't kill him na.

He didn't curse,he criticized.And from your support of these laws,that destroy free speech and expression,I can only say I pity your children.You could beat them till they fainted cos they disagreed with you.Smh. Anyway,I've said it before,Nigerians know nothing about parenting.
#Issokay

And "God" supports this?Are these Gods laws or man made laws?
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Rexyl(m): 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
JesusisLord85:

God's name is not Jesus. His name has been hidden from man. Good thing too. Had you known, this sinful generation would have blasphemed and been put to death

if you claim to be a Christian, you lie and try all your best to lead those who are not matured spiritually astray. This piece defines your roles in Christendom

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2 Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Re: Saudi Blogger Flogged For ‘insulting Islam’ by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
datopdlink:

Wow.so now,Justice is an opinion?
Incredible.Sir what is wrong,is wrong!!You take away the rights of an individual,for the rights of society?What society?Is the society exemplary? A society that treats raped females as adulterers,and stones them to death?A society that beheads people for a change in belief?That denies humans the right to think?Maybe you believe underage marriages and hunting "infidels" are right too.Afterall,as you say,that's an Islamic society.Maybe worldwide control bty a caliphate is "Just" too.Damn.

You do not know what you are saying. You are merely parroting what you read in the hate propaganda news. None of the points you raised above is tenable, but I have no intention to respond to your Gish Gallop techniques. Each specific case merits its own rulings. If you explain each of the cases which you refer to above in such haphazard manner, as it occurred with evidence, then I will be happy to provide you with the backing behind its sentence under Saudi law.

Society as I meant it, refers to the individuals living within a defined geographical location. All society structures must have a system of legislation that ensures the harmony of the whole. If one dissident decides to disturb that harmony, the society is obliged to ensure that harmony is restored, notwithstanding the degree of discomfort this will cause to the individual dissident. If every rebellious individual was allowed to corrupt the mind of the impressionable, anarchy would reign supreme and every person would follow his own rules.

Freedom of an individual should end when it infringes upon the right of another. Ask Libyans, Syrians and Iraqis what freedom has given them.

Incredibly, you state "what is wrong is wrong". That is total fallacy. What is wrong is what the governing members of society deem is wrong. Your belief that flogging is wrong arises from exposure to foreign influences and your background. It csnnot be proven to be inherently wrong. These ethical issues have centuries of deep philosophy behind them and are not dismissed with the kind of banal phrase that you used to drive home a personal opinion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"The Glory Of His Presence with Pastor Benny Hinn" In Abuja / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Suspends His Nephew For Endorsing Bola Tinubu / Muslim Girl Disrespects Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.