Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Penal Code - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Penal Code (1019 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Penal Code by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
Which penal code, police act or legally passed bill both in the senate,house of reps,or any state assembly prohibiting driving a car with expired tyre or worn out one?
Because I want to co sue the federal government, Nigeria customs, and federal road safety agency for scamming Nigerians over this absurd.

1 Like

Re: Penal Code by chillex8(m): 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
Now this wat I call guts shocked
Re: Penal Code by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:31am On Jan 10, 2015
Add me up let's make it a class action suite grin

Meanwhile I think its for our own good, there were fewer accidents this year between 21st dec and 30th dec (250 deaths) as against 400+ last year expired tyres have the tendency of exploding.
Re: Penal Code by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 10, 2015
Nnna mehn na power tussle be this o! shocked
Re: Penal Code by nurey(m): 8:41am On Jan 10, 2015
Please my fellow Nigerian don't add to GEJ's sleepless night by suing him now, please wait till after the election, thank you and God bless you. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Penal Code by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:54am On Jan 10, 2015
indigene:
Which penal code, police act or legally passed bill both in the senate,house of reps,or any state assembly prohibiting driving a car with expired tyre or worn out one?
Because I want to co sue the federal government, Nigeria customs, and federal road safety agency for scamming Nigerians over this absurd.

i dont know anything about nigerian laws but everywhere in the world you get a ticket for worn out tyre as it is a danger to yourself and your passengers and other road user, worn out there is no grip and it might burst any moment

worn out tyres, broken headlights, non working indicator/blinker (nigerian trafficator) those are things police can stop you for and give you a fine

here in UK a worn out tyre gets you 3 points on your licence and fine (we use the point system when your points get to certain number 12 i think within 3 years you get banned from driving for a certain period of time )

https://www.gov.uk/driving-disqualifications

1 Like

Re: Penal Code by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

i dont know anything about nigerian laws but everywhere in the world you get a ticket for worn out tyre as it is a danger to yourself and your passengers and other road user, worn out there is no grip and it might burst any moment

worn out tyres, broken headlights, non working indicator/blinker (nigerian trafficator) those are things police can stop you for and give you a fine

here in UK a worn out tyre gets you 3 points on your licence and fine (we use the point system when your points get to certain number 12 i think within 3 years you get banned from driving for a certain period of time )

https://www.gov.uk/driving-disqualifications

There re tire manufacturing industries in UK? How many pothole are there in Cornwall industrial zone? How many potholes from Heathrow to Central London? How many insurance companies have failed woefully to pay or indemnify there clients who are car insurance holders?
I am talking about Nigeria, where even personal and official cars of FRSC and the police have worn out and expired tires.
If you are in UK, come home and roost for awhile

1 Like

Re: Penal Code by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:41am On Jan 17, 2015
indigene:

There re tire manufacturing industries in UK? How many pothole are there in Cornwall industrial zone? How many potholes from Heathrow to Central London? How many insurance companies have failed woefully to pay or indemnify there clients who are car insurance holders?
I am talking about Nigeria, where even personal and official cars of FRSC and the police have worn out and expired tires.

am sure that the law is there but not being implemented
Re: Penal Code by Absoj(m): 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
indigene:

On point. I've seen FRSC pick up truck without tail light(its completely broken).
Re: Penal Code by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
Absoj:

On point. I've seen FRSC pick up truck without tail light(its completely broken).

grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Car Reverse Parking Sensor Problem / Need A Corolla 2010 (nigerian Used) / Toyota Model Names And Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.