Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,063 members, 7,807,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US (32440 Views)

A South African Lady Condemns Attack On Nigerians, Calls Them Nice People / Edo Girl Hustling In Russia Warns Nigerians Back Home (Video) . / Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by walex57(m): 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
I have been on some social media forums where there are a lot of Nigerians and the moment you tell them you stay abroad especially in the US, they suddenly attack you and call you a liar. Some will even request your number so that they can confirm, some will blatantly curse you out. Also when you try to contact some old friends and keep in touch, they either say you are posing for them and if you don't keep in touch that much, they will say you have changed. Why are Nigerians that way?

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by tdayof(m): 10:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
#following
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by StealthyMe(m): 11:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
lol cheesy
Some of them see travelling abroad as the height of success undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by walex57(m): 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
StealthyMe:
lol cheesy
Some of them see travelling abroad as the height of success undecided
Yeah...it suddenly becomes a sin to leave Naija. If you were in a relationship before you left and for some reason it did not work out, you suddenly become the bad person because you traveled out and one "oyinbo" girl has stolen you away. I have seen Africans here who would have been better back in their home countries. I wonder when we will stop having that mentality.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by StealthyMe(m): 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
walex57:

Yeah...it suddenly becomes a sin to leave Naija. If you were in a relationship before you left and for some reason it did not work out, you suddenly become the bad person because you traveled out and one "oyinbo" girl has stolen you away. I have seen Africans here who would have been better back in their home countries. I wonder when we will stop having that mentality.

I don't think that mentality would change anytime soon undecided
Majority have this notion of the US or London being a sort of paradise embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by yuncka: 12:50am On Jan 10, 2015
Its all boils down to jealousy and envy. Most peeps dat do the hating game havnt even crossed the boundary between their village and another community. All thanks to telecommunication service providers for giving dem netwrk coupled wit a phone given to dem by an uncle.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
it boils down to the kind of people you have around you. . Maybe some ignorant people who see leaving Naija as the highest thing in Life... Otherwise, an enlightened person will know that leaving Naija doesn't mean more successful, longer life, etc...

So, I will say change the people you mingle with....

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by aariwa(m): 2:10am On Jan 11, 2015
That is for folks who have lost hope of ever succeeding in Nigeria.As for me i pray for my friends over there because i know that life can be tough there with the taxes,multiple jobs,lack of emotional support from relatives,poor weather e.c.t

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by zeezahbee(f): 3:16am On Jan 11, 2015
I have been experiencing it, some of my friends just stop chatting with me , some agreed giving me attitude but I got new friends I don't care grin

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 4:35am On Jan 11, 2015
Na u dey look their face,but people don't hate on me except one girl that stop talking to me cause i told her d truth
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 8:59am On Jan 11, 2015
aariwa:
That is for folks who have lost hope of ever succeeding in Nigeria.As for me i pray for my friends over there because i know that life can be tough there with the taxes,multiple jobs,lack of emotional support from relatives,poor weather e.c.t

You need to pray for Nigeria and Nigerians rather for somebody who is in a relatively better environment than you.

When has it become a wrong thing to pay tax, be able to get more than one job? How wonderful is life in tax-free Nigeria? Not being able to secure one job let a lone two is a good thing in Nigeria?

Not everybody depends on emotional support from relatives in Nigeria, many Nigerians abroad are married and emotionally supported.

26 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by aariwa(m): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
@justwise i am talking about myself and not you or Nigeria.I can only pray for my friends and relatives,if you like pray for nigeria thats your cup of tea.I stay @both Anambra and Akwa Ibom and both places are safe.Before my call to bar i had wanted to migrate to AMERICA thinking life was easier there but now i know better.Check my posts and you will find out that i am not only into litigation but property sales and management.Last week we sold a property @Akaa road Uyo for a client and the money i added to the purchase +my commission was close to 17M.What kind of legitimate business can pay you that kind of money in U.K or U.S cos i know that most of us there did not travel for tourism sake.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 2:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
aariwa:
@justwise i am talking about myself and not you or Nigeria.I can only pray for my friends and relatives,if you like pray for nigeria thats your cup of tea.I stay @both Anambra and Akwa Ibom and both places are safe.Before my call to bar i had wanted to migrate to AMERICA thinking life was easier there but now i know better.Check my posts and you will find out that i am not only into litigation but property sales and management. Last week we sold a property @Akaa road Uyo for a client and the money i added to the purchase +my commission was close to 17M.What kind of legitimate business can pay you that kind of money in U.K or U.S cos i know that most of us there did not travel for tourism sake.

Typical Nigerians, always quick to blow hot air.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Typical Nigerians, always quick to blow hot air.
grin grin grin
Hot air indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
aariwa:
@justwise i am talking about myself and not you or Nigeria.I can only pray for my friends and relatives,if you like pray for nigeria thats your cup of tea.I stay @both Anambra and Akwa Ibom and both places are safe.Before my call to bar i had wanted to migrate to AMERICA thinking life was easier there but now i know better.Check my posts and you will find out that i am not only into litigation but property sales and management.Last week we sold a property @Akaa road Uyo for a client and the money i added to the purchase +my commission was close to 17M.What kind of legitimate business can pay you that kind of money in U.K or U.S cos i know that most of us there did not travel for tourism sake.

Story, who ask u about your Cv undecided

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
saxywale:

grin grin grin
Hot air indeed.

If he made 17M as a middle man how much will the land owner make?

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Mudley313: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
I co-sign this thread

I once entered the traveling to Germany thread to ask a couple of questions I was curious about and once the hoard of desperate nigerian-based visa applicants learned I was based in the US they all banded together and went on an all-out vitriolic attack...smh

All na just unnecessary bad-belle

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
justwise:

He added extra on the buyer and he is a prayer warrior grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2015
Mudley313:
I co-sign this thread

I once entered the traveling to Germany thread to ask a couple of questions I was curious about and once the hoard of desperate nigerian-based visa applicants learned I was based in the US they all banded together and went on an all-out vitriolic attack...smh

All na just unnecessary bad-belle
That is not d truth...u swore on sb and was busy singing how u have a family in Germany and with no visa to Germany, u should have gone there to know more on ur admission. We knew u are broke hence going over to Germany for studies... so y calling folks suffer heads?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by bebe2(f): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
StealthyMe:

I don't think that mentality would change anytime soon undecided
Majority have this notion of the US or London being a sort of paradise embarassed

its a recent trend,

they want to put u down to make themselves feel better.

but offer them a route to dat country and they will jump at it cool

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by bebe2(f): 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
zeezahbee:
I have been experiencing it, some of my friends just stop chatting with me , some agreed giving me attitude but I got new friends I don't care grin

good girl, live ur life for u.

same almost happened to me, but they have all crawled back now except one.

i dont give a sh-it smiley

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by bebe2(f): 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
aariwa:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Mudley313: 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
ferdimako:

That is not d truth...u swore on sb and was busy singing how u have a family in Germany and with no visa to Germany, u should have gone there to know more on ur admission. We knew u are broke hence going over to Germany for studies... so y calling folks suffer heads?

smh...well, I'm currently in Germany now studying while most of the antagonists in that thread are still there searching for visa...most of the peeps in that thread, if not all, are not even personally financing their own studies/stay in Germany because they've never held a job a day in their life; they enter Germany and start looking for low end jobs that they won't be caught doing in Naija, making Germans look down on Africans, but I am the one that is broke? smh...I mentioned the personal reasons I chose to study in Germany not to brag but cos the people in that thread instead of answering my simple questions decided to abusively divert enquiry to why as someone from the US i was coming to disturb them in the German thread...I told them why and the abuse continued now you want to bring it into this thread ehn?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by SkinnyDude(m): 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
justwise:

170M, i guess.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by dustydee: 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2015
aariwa:

Congrats on your "success". However, please note that success means different things to different people. For some, it is being able to honestly earn a living in a safe environment, being able to call the police or an ambulance in the middle of the night

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
SkinnyDude:
170M, i guess.

Yes for gold or land located at Aso Rock.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by helpee(m): 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2015
@justwise, you provoked d guy to say what he said. I actually believe in such people. Look.....malaysian passport can take you to more than a hundred countries without visa. common Malaysia. You people are so happy that they give u visa. The travel section of nairaland is all about visa while other countries talk about where to go to for vacation since visa is not even a problem. I went on a tour of europe..14 countries in 3wks and I was d only one on schengen visa. Australians, malays, Canadians that we travelled together all travelled with only their passport. Yet my own visa and passport was the one most scrutinised at each entry. Until Nigerians start staying in Nigeria, making money in Nigeria legitimately and blowing it such that the oyinbos will know that we won't want to leave our country cos we make money in our country we will keep begging for visa so I salute the guy for making money in Nigeria and blowing it. It is not our govt that destroyed our passport it is our attitude....believing that a guy that makes 17million should pray to be like a driver in America just because u think America is a better environment. My dream is no longer visa for nigerians....i am dreaming of the day I will travel the world with my Nigerian passport without checking a thread on nairaland on how to get polish visa when the polish themselves are slaving away in uk

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Alubosa: 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Alubosa: 10:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
Jealousy, envy, inferiority complex.......name it. I hardly talk 'bout my travel experience these days in some places cuz some nigerians have this notion of being oppressed when u mention ur travel history.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 10:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
helpee:
@justwise, you provoked d guy to say what he said. I actually believe in such people. Look.....malaysian passport can take you to more than a hundred countries without visa. common Malaysia. You people are so happy that they give u visa. The travel section of nairaland is all about visa while other countries talk about where to go to for vacation since visa is not even a problem. I went on a tour of europe..14 countries in 3wks and I was d only one on schengen visa. Australians, malays, Canadians that we travelled together all travelled with only their passport. Yet my own visa and passport was the one most scrutinised at each entry. Until Nigerians start staying in Nigeria, making money in Nigeria legitimately and blowing it such that the oyinbos will know that we won't want to leave our country cos we make money in our country we will keep begging for visa so I salute the guy for making money in Nigeria and blowing it. It is not our govt that destroyed our passport it is our attitude....believing that a guy that makes 17million should pray to be like a driver in America just because u think America is a better environment. My dream is no longer visa for nigerians....i am dreaming of the day I will travel the world with my Nigerian passport without checking a thread on nairaland on how to get polish visa when the polish themselves are slaving away in uk

But what does staying at home have to do with not requiring visas? Are you saying that if Nigerians never traveled they would be allowed visa free travel to more countries??

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 11:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
helpee:

You are just rambling, jumping from one pointless point to another.....read the topic again and see if you have anything to contribute.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by aspirebig: 12:50am On Jan 12, 2015
I think it depends on the individual.
Not a general thing,some people here in Nigeria are doing better than those abroad and vice versa, so why the envy.

Some are mere childish behaviour. Success is very relative.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Taofeek Oyerinde Fele Is Dead! Oyo NURTW Chairman Dies / NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! / 4 Staff Of Akwa Ibom Newspaper Die In Accident While Returning From Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.