Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,309 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Diabetes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Diabetes (772 Views)

Philipino Doctor Discovers Solution That Can Cure Diabetes In Just 5 Minutes / Natural Supplement To Reverse Diabetes / Good News For Diabetes Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diabetes by timbros(m): 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hello everyone.

Please doctors in the house, I want to know the full list of foods a diabetic patient can eat and should avoid.

A family member was diagnosed as diabetic few days ago and I need more information on this disease. I have done researches and have found some helpful info. But I didn't get enough info as regards foods to eat and ones to avoid (Nigerian foods I mean).

All contributions are well appreciated.
Re: Diabetes by archlix: 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
It may not be very easy to list all the foods....especially in Nigeria made up of diverse tribes
However one could make it more easy by this write up

The key word is YOU MUST EAT IN SMALL QUANTITIES.... A diabetic can eat almost every food/fruits

I shall like to classify your food into 3 groups
1....things to avoid
2....things to reduce
3....things to increase

AVOID
a...Alcohol
b... Beverages
c...junk foods

REDUCE
a...fat and oil
b...carbohydrates
c..protein

INCREASE
a...vegetables
b...fruits
c...water

For more interactions join www.Facebook.com/faempowerment foundation
Re: Diabetes by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hi there, sorry about your family member's diagnosis. It must be hard to accept but such is life, glad you're making peace with that and choosing to move on smiley

I'll be back with some links from Google search, hopefully you can get all the info you need from them. Hang on tight, I'll be right back smiley
Re: Diabetes by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
Re: Diabetes by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
It's not letting me post more sad

Hope that one helps somehow, mention me if you need more help. Best of luck to you and your family smiley
Re: Diabetes by bjreal67(m): 10:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
Whole grains and cereals will be better too e.g wheat

And for the food to avoid I will advice you see a dietician because some food need to be moderated and not to be avoided...
Re: Diabetes by bjreal67(m): 10:44pm On Jan 19, 2015
Whole grains and cereals will be better too e.g wheat

And for the food to avoid I will advice you see a dietician because some food need to be moderated and not to be avoided...

It is well.
Re: Diabetes by jodeci(m): 4:24am On Jan 20, 2015
Eatt only the browns and leave all the whites.

Brown rice,brown beans,wheat/plantain flour,water yam etc

(1) (Reply)

"Invisible Man" Created In Swedish Lab / President Zuma Signed HIV Bill. / New Invention: German Company Invents HIV Detecting Condom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.