Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan (1716 Views)

Fayose Gives Buhari His Phone Number To Call Him & Prove He Is Healthy / "Is It Because It's Buhari? Can't Suffer & Smile Because My Bro Is President" / Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by richybanky(m): 1:13am On Jan 10, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday during a rally in Enugu said that the All Progressives Congress candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), cannot remember his own mobile phone number.

Jonathan, whose unscripted address was mostly a response to previous statements made by Buhari, accused the APC presidential candidate of deceiving Nigerians by promising to revive the economy without explaining how he would achieve the feat.

The President wondered how Buhari would develop the country’s economy, a feat he could not achieve while he was in office as head of state between 1983 and 1985.

“Is it now that Buhari cannot even remember his own phone number that he can change the economy of the country.” Jonathan asked.

The Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate said that although he did not like to “go personal during campaigns,” “sometimes circumstances demand that certain things must be said.”

Jonathan said that Buhari belonged to the medieval age, adding that he (the APC candidate) intended to run the Federal Government as a medieval king.

He said, “We cannot run the government as if we are in the medieval age; we cannot run a government where somebody said he would throw people into jail.

“You are not a medieval king – a medieval king can throw you into jail but we have to follow the rule of law because we cannot go back to the old days.”

Jonathan, however, read the speech made by Gen. Ibrahim Babangida (rtd.) after overthrowing Buhari’s regime through a military coup on August 27, 1985 to justify his claim that the APC candidate does not keep his promises.

Babangida, in the portions of the address read by Jonathan, justified Buhari’s overthrow by pointing out that the latter did not live up to the promises he made to Nigerians when he ousted a democratically elected civilian government headed by Alhaji Shehu Shagari in a military coup.

Noting that Buhari “deceived Nigerians” from 1983 to 1985, Jonathan quoted Babangida as saying, “The initial objectives of Buhari’s intervention were betrayed as there was a general deterioration of standard of living in the country.”

The PDP candidate also pointed out that Babangida accused Buhari of being “too rigid in his attitude to national issues” and “became alienated from the people” in the course of his stay in power.

He, therefore, challenged Buhari to tell Nigerians how he intends to revive the economy.

Jonathan said, “They are telling young Nigerians that they are going to change the economy but they have not told us how they want to manage the economy more than us.

“If they say they want to change agriculture, they should tell us the weak links in the agriculture value chain and what they want to do about it.

“I said in Lagos that I want to work with young people, not to deceive people.

“I am not going to run the government based on my habits, I am going to run the government according to global best practices.”

Jonathan also insisted that he was committed to the campaign against corruption.

“There is no government that has fought corruption more than we do,” he said, noting that some previous administrations pretended to be fighting corruption while oppressing their enemies.

He recalled that Buhari jailed some prominent Igbo politicians while in office as head of state, including former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme and former governor of old Anambra State, Chief Jim Nwobodo.

Stressing that Buhari jailed politicians on trumped up charges, Jonathan said, “You can no longer carry people and put them in prison for 301 years.”

The President equally accused Buhari of having a wrong idea of corruption.

According to him, Buhari believes that every wealthy Nigerian is corrupt.

He said, “If a Nigerian businessman has a private jet, then you are corrupt but if a South African has a private jet then you commend him.

“If you have a good house, then you are corrupt, if you have a good car then you are corrupt – that is his definition of corruption.”

Jonathan accused his opponent of making spurious
claims against him.

The President said, “They are saying that government is corrupt but they are not telling us what they are going to do to stop corruption. Let them go back to their consultants to coach them, then I will listen to them.

They should tell us how they are going to manage the
economy better than we do.

“They are saying we stole foreign reserves, nobody can steal foreign reserves – spurious allegations.”
He also reiterated his claim that Buhari did not equip the military while he was the head of state.

Jonathan said that he had done more than his
predecessors to shore up the country’s defence.

“For 30 years, we had only one frigate, now we have
four additional frigates,” he said.
In the same vein, he pointed out that Buhari did not find any woman worthy enough for appointment when he was the military head of state.

The President asked Nigerians to assess him and Buhari by looking at how they performed during their respective periods in office.

He said, “They have deceived us before and they want to deceive us again.

“Go and find out whether these people are deceiving you or are telling you the truth.

“People are assessing me because I have run this
country for some years – they have run this country for two years.

“They came with promises but immediately they came in, what they did was to jail Jim Nwobodo for 201 years.”

Source: www.punchng.com/news/buhari-cant-remember-his-phone-number-jonathan/
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by ayukdaboss(m): 1:49am On Jan 10, 2015
And Jonathan is a failure
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by Boscojugunu(m): 2:31am On Jan 10, 2015
No plan. God Y did u give us dis man
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by Scarpon(m): 2:39am On Jan 10, 2015
Fellow Nigeria let's not get deceived as we vote wisely
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by blinkmoneyo(m): 2:59am On Jan 10, 2015
mtchwwwee. GMB 2015

Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by Ellidude(m): 3:14am On Jan 10, 2015
Is that he can make out of Sai Buhari? If yes, he still doesn't know what's ahead of him.
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by Yeske2(m): 3:53am On Jan 10, 2015
Sai Buhari is all we know, go cry me a river clueless GEJ.
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by menesheh(m): 4:01am On Jan 10, 2015
Senility at the highest point.

We need a more vibrant modern man like GEJ to steer the affairs of this great nation like ours at this critical time not a junk.

Fidel castrol
Gadafi
Charles Taylor
Paul Biya
Robert Mugabe
Sekou toure
Omar Al- Bashir

The like of Buhari

Need don't that backwardness in Nigeria again

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by Validated: 4:10am On Jan 10, 2015
Perhaps GMB may have forgotten his number at the council meeting hence GEJ reference

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by Nobody: 5:45am On Jan 10, 2015
Lol...
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by camelus: 6:07am On Jan 10, 2015
Validated:
Perhaps GMB may have forgotten his number at the council meeting hence GEJ reference

I dey tell u !!!
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by datola: 6:11am On Jan 10, 2015
GEJ campaign strategy has been so so childish.
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by Kewt: 6:24am On Jan 10, 2015
Fashola's attack on Mr President's Lagos campaign comes to mind here again.

In politics, Throwing occasional jabs at opposition isn't bad at all but making it the thrust of ur campaign strategy for an administration that has spent 6 years in power is inexcusable.

GEJ is simply taking Nigeria for a ride!
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by Switpal(m): 6:36am On Jan 10, 2015
I refuse to move backward in life in the name of CHANGE! I reject BUHARI and everything he represent.
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by omenka(m): 6:37am On Jan 10, 2015
First, this is very petty. I bet this is the "issues" Olisa Metuh was talking about when he said the campaigns should be "issues based".

The president has a knack for making very flippant remarks only befitting for a drunken bar tender in a greasy spoon. He exaggerates like a kid.

Last time it was "not a single rifle[/b] and today it is about an inability to remember his phone number. Now, what if by sheer happenstance Buhari decides to get petty as well and blurts out his phone number and that of several other people (I know this will never happen, but just saying) on a campaign ground, what does that then make GEJ??

The man keeps sounding like a kid.
Very very poor diction.
Very uninspiring.

Haven't we had great leaders in the past when there wasn't phones?? Is one's ability to remember their phone number a criteria for good leadership?? Is this man sane at all
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 10, 2015
Na Buhari phone number wan make Nigeria better? My people My people
Vote Wisely
Change is all we want
Re: Buhari Can't Remember His Phone Number - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 10, 2015
omenka:
First, this is very petty. I bet this is the "issues" Olisa Metuh was talking about when he said the campaigns should be "issues based".

The president has a knack for making very flippant remarks only befitting for a drunken bar tender in a greasy spoon. He exaggerates like a kid.

Last time it was "not a single rifle[/b] and today it is about an inability to remember his phone number. Now, what if by sheer happenstance Buhari decides to get petty as well and blurts out his phone number and that o;f several other people (I know this will never happen, but just saying) on a campaign ground, what does that then make GEJ??

The man keeps sounding like a kid.
Very very poor diction.
Very uninspiring.

Haven't we had great leaders in the past when there wasn't phones?? Is one's ability to remember their phone number a criteria for good leadership?? Is this man sane at all

this ur comment alone should make dis post hit FP.......its spot on!!....... phone number ko email address ni

(1) (Reply)

Chatham House Denies Claims That Buhari Is Scheduled To Speak On Thursday / APC Adopts Lawan, Akume For Senate President, Deputy - Premium Times / Checkout The Profile Of APC Senator Nominee Sen Dr Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.