Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,189 members, 7,807,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

A Message For The Unemployed. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Message For The Unemployed. (18737 Views)

Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed / The Pains Of The Unemployed / All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Message For The Unemployed. by semochendo1(m): 5:50am On Jan 10, 2015
This message will be meaningless to countless number of youths who are not ready to take responsibility for their lives. I deem it expedient sharing this message after realizing that majority of us have resigned to the frustrating predicament of the national unemployment syndrome, and as such, many of us have relaxed, blaming the Government and wallowing in the "someday Isle", thinking someday, things would change for good, while we do nothing to take responsibility for our lives.

As it's the responsibility of the citizens to hold their leaders responsible/blame them for the national failures, so It's your responsibility to hold and blame yourself for your failure!

I gave the preamble above so as to provoke your thought and wake your subconscious mind. One thing we should understand is that as we waste time grumbling and doing nothing about our lives, time is going and the quality of that certificate you are carrying about is depreciating, age is a worrisome factor in the labour market now, so, what are you doing about your unemployment status??

The unemployment rate and status in this country is truly pathetic, in the true sense of employment, only 20% of us are employed, majority of us who raise shoulders that we have jobs are under employed, while the rest are unemployed.

Let me tell you a bitter truth today, if you think you have one uncle or someone somewhere who will help, my brother, you are just wasting your time, 98% of people who renders sincere help in life are strangers or someone you are not related in anyway, the rest 2% may now be family member, so, take your mind off that and get your thinking refreshened.

Let me give some simple principles from my understanding and experience. If you are unemployed take this simple steps, and see if your life won't change for the best in the shortest possible time.

1. Do as much fasting and prayer as you can, seeking God's mercy, favour and divine connection.
2. Go out everyday corporately dressed and go to environments where you could meet people that matters, in fact, you can go into any office, ask them what they do, and how would they compensate you when you bring customers, from there, you've created a platform for meeting new set of people in your life.

3. Watch the company of friends you keep, now you need to consciously chose your friends, chose those who could help your career or motivate you to be great

4. Stop saying I'm not a marketer, if you can't market your self, who will market you? Who will buy/ employ you?

5. Read as much motivational books as you can and see how many billionaires in the world rose from nobody to somebody,follow their footsteps,.and see what comes out of it.

6. Engage in a creative thinking, look for a particular problem of the people and how you can provide solution to it, so that money can move in your direction, there is no how you have what people need and they won't pay for it.

All these are my little contribution to make CHANGE in this country. I wish we are all successful in life....that's my sincere wish, and it shall come to pass.

Love you all.

156 Likes 26 Shares

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by lafflaff123(m): 5:54am On Jan 10, 2015
Nice write up.
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by naturally: 6:08am On Jan 10, 2015
True. Some strangers are of more benefit than some family members

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by iLovePusssy: 6:12am On Jan 10, 2015
Nyc 1 op.. smiley
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by gede7744(f): 6:25am On Jan 10, 2015
thx for this write up. l was thinking of creating a thread on this topic.but u beat me to it.

it surprises me how an able body youth will wake up and keep complaining everyday without doing anything to better his/her life.

so many things u can engage in to become somebody. the most important of them all is what d op ve said - MARKET YOURSELF AND SEE IF NO BODY WILL BUY UR IDEA.

Stop complaining and take charge of ur life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by semochendo1(m): 9:09am On Jan 10, 2015
Messages like this deserve the front page, considering the unemployment situation in the country, some people need to be tapped to wake up to exploration of their full potentials. Nigerian youths need message like this, not Davido just bought an aircraft or Wizkid just bought an estate, all these make many more intimidated and desperate. We need to get things right in this country, the Change we all sing and advocate now begins with you and I.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Oluwajuwonlo1(m): 11:37am On Jan 10, 2015
U're on point! Motivating nd inspiring
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by bodeoni: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nice write up OP, biko where did you get those stats from
And by way of addition I want to say that the major issue is not the abscence of jobs but the fact that most young nigerians don't build themselves beyond what they learn in the schools. A wise man once said 'when the world moves away from something, the schools begin to teach it', this saying is actively typified in the Nigerian Education sector which, as far as I am concerned, is a total mess. I want to implore young Nigerians, like myself, to develop themselves beyond what the schools can offer. A lot of employers lament to the fact that young graduates lack the BASIC skills needed in the workplace, such skills as communication, leadership, self management etc. It is said that the success of any establishment depends, to a large extent, on the calibre of its workforce hence employers these days spend a lot of time and resources to ensure they pick only those in whom they see the potential to help their companies grow. Its no more a function of the class of the degree or the calibre of the institution, its now a function of possesing value and being able to communicate that value effectively.

14 Likes

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
Wow! I'm impressed, thanks for sharing.
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by kilokeys(m): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
coming.. cry..
that no. 2 though.. if i was a bird i go fly everyday.

tp, laundry and many factors.. good points sha..

1 Like

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by PerfumeRepublik: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nice one
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
Just vote Febuhari and worry no more about job. He will revamp the ecomony that even foreigners will be trooping to take jobs in our companies.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by moderatorr1: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
hmm
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by lovinhubby2wife(m): 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
nice one
no.3 is so on point, the group of company you keep determines your level of determination,

1 Like

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Innodon(m): 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
OK . nice write up
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
k
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by eleojo23: 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nice points.
It is high time the youths stopped complaining about what GEJ or past governments did not do or hoping for what the next administration will do. It is time to take your destiny in your hands and do something meaningful for yourself.

To the graduates, sadly, it's no longer a big deal that you're a graduate. Nigeria already has many and many
more are still coming. What will distinguish you from the others is your worth, that is, what you can offer-that
extra thing that every other person lacks. This calls for diversity. There are many persons seeking for limited
job opportunities these days. All of them present their certificates, but the guys who have added more value to
themselves by learning an additional skill and gaining experience while in search of a job will most likely get the
job. People are looking for assets not liabilities. There are many graduates
today who are sitting at home and waiting to be called up for a job. The
question is, what can you offer now? It is adviceable that instead of wasting
your time sitting around, get busy with something productive. Read books
that will give you exposure, books on how businesses operate, self improvement books that will improve
your communication skills etc. Also learn a skill whether or not it's related to your field. If it's related to field,
good, but if not, still keep yourself busy because no knowledge or experience is a waste.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by adaweezy(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
That is why Farming should be emphasized upon

7 Likes

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Vikkie14: 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
Informating and Captivating.
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by adaweezy(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nice write up but i disagree with the op on the 98% statistics
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Vicotex(m): 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
Y
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Tundenoni(m): 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
hmmmmmmm!

oro ijinle
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Vicotex(m): 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
K
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by gistmelove(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
ok ooo

Urgent Needed
Post: Online Marketer, Field marketer that can drive, Secretary
Send Ur C.v to: batlanroof@gmail.com or engr.ayyub@gmail.com
Contact No: 08120819063, 08085310359,07035509649

Head Office Address: Queens shopping plaza suite 11/12 km 45 Lekki Epe express way.. Opp safeway Sangotedo, Ajah, Lagos

PH Branch : 608, ikwerre road by mcc second gate bus-stop rumuigbo Port Harcourt, River State..

Abeokuta Branch: Suite 4,Shoyemu Complex, Abiola Way, Opp KAAB Petrol Station. Leme, Abeokuta Ogun state

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
See people wen won comment gosh shocked
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by notoriousbabe: 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
Read Prof Tam David West;
"Religion is a personal thing and every man has the right to choose his own, or practice it the way he likes. Most of the sycophants that use religion to defame the character of Buhari are not even practicing their acclaimed self righteousness. Many of them are occultists. They kill and conduct daily human sacrifices to remain in power. Buhari is a man of integrity and I respect him a lot. But because majority of those who have looted this country to poverty are afraid to end up in jail or loose their ill gotten wealth, they chose to fabricate lies against Buhari. They hire hungry and morally corrupted scholars to do the dirty jobs on their behalf.
It is quite unfortunate that Nigerians buy all the lies they trade through the media.
This is the only country where people prefer to believe in a hear say than make a research. Only a minute population of Nigerians are willing to investigate an allegation before they draw conclusions.
Nigerians have resolved to be praise singers to corrupt leaders. We have failed to ask for accountability. Our conscience has been beclouded with religious and ethnic sentiments. Our sense of judgement and reason have been blinded by poverty. We chose to mortgage our tomorrow and the future of our children for the rice and a few Naira notes they share during elections.
All we believe is the roads, the bridges, the railways, the electricity they build only on televisions.
I always ask my self these questions:
1. Where are the roads? The Abuja - Lokoja road was awarded by Obasanjo's administration. He spent 8 years in the office. Then Yaradua and Goodluck spent another 4 years. Now if Goodluck is elected, he will be spending another 8 years. This will amount to 20 years and 180 km road is yet to be completed. Enugu - Onitsha road was also awarded by the Obasanjo administration and till date, a journey that is supposed to take 45 minutes can take you 8 hours if it rains. Enugu- PH road is on the same series. What about Uyo - Calabar route? Just to mention a few.
2. Where is the power? They sold all the NEPA to their friends. We pay for the light that was not supplied.
3. Our education and health system go bad everyday. Lecturers and Health workers spent more time at home than in the schools and hospitals as a result of incessant strikes.
4. The government failed to provide us with security. People are being killed everyday and yet government comes out to tell us they are in control.
5. Why are we pretending that all is well? It is only in Nigeria where monies develop wings and fly. $20 billion oil money disappeared and they said it was $10 billion. Forensic investigators were hired and that was the end of the story. N20 billion pension fund stolen and nothing came out of it. $9.3 million seized in South Africa and government claimed it was meant for ammunition purchase. The immigration scandal has also been swept under the carpet because the senate could not proceed with their investigation. The man behind the contract is sitting among the high seats in the senate.
Innocent people were defrauded and they at the same time lost their lives yet, we have a transparent governance.
6. Why are we praising government as if they are doing whatever with their personal money. How many people in their various communities have they provided scholarship with their personal money before they got elected? The reason they got elected is to manage our resources and not to loot us dry. One thing I know is that we will not have any meaningful development except if we make a change. Age or no age, Buhari is a better option for the present day Nigeria"

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by ogawisdom(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
Most of u r lazy with an oversized ego dts y u r mostly unemployed. Sorry I dnt ve kind words for una. I can understand being underemployed but nt unemployed tongue

Dust ur sorry ass n remove ur undue ego n go n hustle. There is a lot to do in this country for anybody to sit at home idle.

3 Likes

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
I will create a message like this in a few weeks time... OP God bless you.

1 Like

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by AbuMikey(m): 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
Dot
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by rozayx5(m): 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
papiforreal:
Just vote Febuhari and worry no more about job. He will revamp the ecomony that even foreigners will be trooping to take jobs in our companies.

what helr his hands in 19833 undecided
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by rozayx5(m): 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
papiforreal:

what held his hands in 1983 undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Wittylens(m): 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
To the unemployed youths :

you can take blogging as a full time profession..

Blogging pays handsomely if you work hard

You can contact me if you need help getting started

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vacancies @ Ringo Telecommunications Limited-dec.2013 / Nahco Aptitude Test / Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.