Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) (44737 Views)

5-Year-Old Girl Celebrates Her Father's Birthday With A Written Letter/Song / Father Forces 13-Year-Old Daughter To Marry 56-Year-Old Man With 3 Wives In Kano / A Young Girl, 5, Wanders From Mushin To INEC Office Yaba Says Her Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by dayosaurus(m): 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
username792:

So you would try and claim in that quote, that Jesus is advocating for a sick and daft interpretation of forginess that posits that the victim of rape must be forced into marying her rapist as a child?

Jesus preached for the victims to forgive and not for fathers of vicims to wash off their shame by constraining said victims into more mahem.

Anyway, Im agnostic but Im beyond repulsed by sickfukks who keep on using islam and christianity to justify vileness, and savagery of the highest order.

If one is totally deprived of any sense of ethics, religion will only be used to try and moralise abjection.

if you read in between the lines, you would have noticed sarcasm, I said that to spite the dumb head I replied to. I do not wish to comment on the topic cis I dont have nice words for the religion, perpetrators and the region.
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by venivedivici(m): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
nduchucks:

You can discuss or refer to religion without exhibiting bigortry.

Touché.
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by IamDejman(m): 4:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
lastpage:

Stop deceiving yourself about being a Christian, that ideology of yours is not found anywhere in the Bible.

AfterWorld my foot! how many of you people parroting "Afterworld" have been there to know how it is or whether it even exists?

Let him serve his punishment here first... after that he can decide if he wants to marry her.... PROVIDED SHE ALSO WANTS TO MARRY HIM!.

I know "Bullshyte" when l see one.... this is definitely one!

We cannot keep "creating" excuses for these Paedophiles! Marriage is NOT the punishment for R@pe!

Lastpage!

I'm a christian. what i just analyzed is under the Islamic parlance. I did Islamic law courses in my uni which made me known to such fact
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Nuella222(f): 4:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
He don't want to go to prison that's why he decides to marry her. The father agrees to that because he don't want his daughter to live the rest of her life in shame, the story will soon die off after the marriage. And the girl...I think she prefered his joystick more than the others grin grin grin
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by IamDejman(m): 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
neocortex:

@ the bolded : there is no evidence for it.

You don't need to state your religion to make your indefensible point.

A grave crime was committed against an innocent 13 year old and the thoughtless father deemed it fit to marry the victim to one of her attacker.
Is marriage more important than a lifetime of happiness ?

There is no justification for the double crime committed against this innocent child by the so called father and the rapist.
And this is one of the case where Nigerian police and human rights activists should wade in.

Are u a muslim?

They understand better. i'm a christian and i understand Islam bt i dont believe in it
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by IamDejman(m): 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
cococandy:
So you think covering shame is better than the girl's wants and wellbeing?
I get what you're saying though but I don't think that's enough reason.
The ignorant father obviously thinks it is.

Poor girl.
I guess the father must be a Fanatic of the religion
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by jaybee08(f): 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
angryThis is bullshit
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
d rapist don dey admire d victim teh teh
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by twisty20(f): 4:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
What a world
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Psuedy(f): 4:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
Na wa oo. VVF comin soon ..
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by mu2sa2: 5:03pm On Jan 10, 2015
Stelvin101:

Frankly, you sound so disgusting when u publicly admit marriage are arranged. You wanna hear d rest of the story I guess, lemme finish it then. The corper in question is dating someone who she loves dearly buh can't get married to and is in pain as we speak, that's how I gat to know. Where is the joy in that. Nobody should he forced into an arranged marriage. Its barbaric and primitive, end of story.
Even as a brat you should know that the girl can say 'No'. If she chooses silence, that surely amounts to saying yes, irrespective of what busybodies like you may spew on nl.
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by cococandy(f): 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
Sadly they believe this to be true cry
ileobatojo:

You mean you don't know?

Lemme help you break it down.

Marriage is the ultimate, the only goal in life for a girl.

She was gang raped, hence she is now 'damaged goods'.

Someone was 'generous' enough to offer to marry her.

Of course she must be married off immediately! It doesn't matter if it's a rapist, a serial killer, an armed robber, a wife beater, a raving lunatic, a goat or a cow that asked for her hand. Heck it doesn't matter if she was 13, 12, 9 or even 5 at the time. Of course how the girl feels about it s completely irrelevant. Come on, look at the big picture now Coco. It's all about stigmas and that end goal called 'marriage'.
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
Being born a female in this worthless country is a disaster! Poor child cry cry.
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by smartigo: 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2015

@ coco How are so sure the girl doesn't want marriage? You talked about well being, what if according to them, that is part of the process.

My point is the guy should receive his punishment whether he marries her or not.
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by WORLDPEACE(m): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hedybee:
And nobody sought d girl's opinion? If she would want to get married at that age and to the man that raped her?... Smh
Did anywhere in the article say the girl's opinion was or wasn't sought?
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by WORLDPEACE(m): 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2015
Freshtomato:
What does a 13 year old know about marriage now biko? See how her father just sentenced the poor innocent girl to life imprisonment full with nightmares. I see Otapiapia + rat poison coming in handy
She might not want to be married to the rapist but do not conclude that she is not longing for marriage already. Do not look at other cultures with the eyes of your own.
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by WORLDPEACE(m): 6:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
cococandy:

Imagine condemned to ive with a rapist for the rest of her life. embarassed
Nowhere in all of this has her feelings or wellbeing been put into consideration.
Condemned to a lifetime of rape because I can bet my left leg that he will never seek her opinion anyway before bedding her.

Gosh!

I guess marrying her lets him off the hook and he'd no longer have to pay for his crime.
Sometimes, in some cultures the marriage covers the humiliation of gang rape. Don't forget divorce and remarriage is very easy in this culture. Take yourself a little outside of your own culture before you comment.
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
Guy allow ya brain and sense guide ya
nduchucks:

In addition to being a dullard, you can't write simple English nor comprehend it. mumu
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
nduchucks:

I agree with this statement. I disagree with bigotry.

10 likes.

2 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by cococandy(f): 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
WORLDPEACE:

Sometimes, in some cultures the marriage covers the humiliation of gang rape. Don't forget divorce and remarriage is very easy in this culture. Take yourself a little outside of your own culture before you comment.
undecided

Yea it makes it alright to marry off a child without regards for her future or dreams and desires.

Shut up.

1 Like

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by amacastel: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Oh my God how can dis gurl be living in the same house with a man that she is not supose to set her eyes on her everyday with the man will be nightmare. I pray the gurl will be saved from that rapist husband to be 1day .
Remembering my live 15yrs ago in my own case I have a boy stay in the rapist marriage for 10yrs I left wen am 23 yrs .may God be her strength
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by WORLDPEACE(m): 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
cococandy:
undecided

Yea it makes it alright to marry off a child without regards for her future or dreams and desires.

Shut up.
Be respectful. her dreams and desires are defined by her cultural experiences. I am not saying its OK. But unless you can take her out of the environment and give her a totally new life that offers her new opportunities don't criticize the father. He did the best he could under the circumstances. Sometimes in life a person mu,st choose a lesser evil over another.
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by drisatasarr: 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
This is offensive!
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
WORLDPEACE:

Be respectful. her dreams and desires are defined by her cultural experiences. I am not saying its OK. But unless you can take her out of the environment and give her a totally new life that offers her new opportunities don't criticize the father. He did the best he could under the circumstances. Sometimes in life a person mu,st choose a lesser evil over another.

And what tells you that staying unmarried is worse than being married to one's rapist?

1 Like

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by WORLDPEACE(m): 6:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:

And what tells you that staying unmarried is worse than being married to one's rapist?
You are a city girl. All your life you have lived in the city. That girl has most likely never been to school. You would be surprised that she prefers that outcome, and that has nothing to do with her age but her culture.
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
WORLDPEACE:

You are a city girl. All your life you have lived in the city. That girl has most likely never been to school. You would be surprised that she prefers that outcome, and that has nothing to do with her age but her culture.

This is not a fact, this is an assumption. You don't know. Whatever environment she grows up in, whatever culture, she is a child and she has the right to be a child and to be protected by her parents. There is absolutely no excuse why a child should be married off at the age of 13, all the more to her tormenter. I can follow your reasoning but what is happening to this child is wrong in many ways and we should stop excusing cruelty in the name of culture.

1 Like

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by free13: 9:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
This is evil. When will islam stop this type of barbaric act.
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by MarieSucre(f): 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
IamDejman:
To all insulting the man. Take a look from this angle

His daughter was raped. Under Islamic parlance, she might possibly not get married cos of that lingering issue on her. Since the rapist decided he would marry her, the father was happy that the shame would soon be over and therefore agrees provided there isn't any use of pregnancy in a month.

Note: the rapist in the afterworld would have his punishment cos of direct contravention to the forbidden act he committed (Haram)

#ProudlyChristianThough wink
I was really flowing with your point of view till you mentioned "afterworld". Wth! What about now? This kind of mentality will keep hindering humanity because of either waiting for divine intervention or the punishment of the afterworld.

1 Like

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by MarieSucre(f): 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
free13:
This is evil. When will islam stop this type of barbaric act.
This has nothing to do with islam.
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by IamDejman(m): 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
MarieSucre:
I was trying to understand your point of view till you mentioned "afterworld". Wth! What about now? This kind of mentality will keep hindering humanity because of either waiting for divine intervention or the punishment of the afterworld.
don't blame me. Blame the religion
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by cococandy(f): 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
WORLDPEACE:

So in his environment he's not allowed to send his daughter to school and leave the police to deal with the already arrested rapist instead accepting his pathetic offer of marrying the child?

angry angry

Respect yaself

1 Like

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by qasmah(f): 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
IamDejman:
To all insulting the man. Take a look from this angle

His daughter was raped. Under Islamic parlance, she might possibly not get married cos of that lingering issue on her. Since the rapist decided he would marry her, the father was happy that the shame would soon be over and therefore agrees provided there isn't any use of pregnancy in a month.

Note: the rapist in the afterworld would have his punishment cos of direct contravention to the forbidden act he committed (Haram)

#ProudlyChristianThough wink

Leave aside all prejudice n b practical ,if any religious law says the penance for raping is for d assailants to marry Dr victims it certainly isn't Islam. The ignorant father of that girl is only concerned for his own image n not the poor girl's life hence he agreed to marry d girl off in dt manner

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

19-year-old Boy Won N38 Million Bet ,his Father Insists He Return The Money / Woman Who Suffered To Give Birth To A 4.2kg Baby Celebrated By Brother (Photos) / I Just Had My Third Child, Congrats To Me - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.