Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Top 5 Event Vendors You Shouldn't Compromise On - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Top 5 Event Vendors You Shouldn't Compromise On (664 Views)

Top 5 Most Productive Beauty Pageants In Abuja / Designers Of Ready Made African Attires Needed As Vendors / Reason Why You Shouldn't Buy Goods From Kaymu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Event Vendors You Shouldn't Compromise On by omegdeluxe(f): 10:04am On Jan 10, 2015
Well I noticed I have been talking mainly on interiors (how unfair), I mean this is both an interior and events blog right? hehehe!

This is just my personal opinion on who is more important to the other, so feel free to differ smiley

5. M.C ( Master of Ceremony)

MCs are important o walahi, a boring event is catastrophic, imagine your M.C giving a joke and instead of your guests laughing they are looking at you and silently asking you whadahell?! I personally do not wish anyone a dry and boring MC for their event.

MCs bring life to an event, no event can be perfect but an MC can give that impression, truly. Your guests would forget if the food was bad tasting or if the the cake looks horrible and just keep smiling away even after the event is over.

4. Event Planner

The role of an event planner cannot be over emphasized. As in! The difference between a professionally(note professional) planned event and a mediocre (sorry can't help it) planned event is usually clear.

They not only get the best vendors within your budget range but also help you manage your budget but also help to manage your budget.

They relieve you of stress and do all the waka waka for you. They undertake the task of following up on all the vendors and make sure things are going as planned, so you don't come to your event looking like you haven't slept for days.

If you have hosted an event before, you would know that to monitor vendors is a full time job.*whew*

3. Event Decorator

Should this even be on the list? I know some people would disagree but i believe it should. Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the event decorator gives you that WOW feeling on the D-day.

You've seen your wedding gown before that day, you even bought it so no surprises there,the cake was sent by you to the designer so you know what you are expecting, you can only get disappointed if it doesn't come out the way you want, even your makeup you go for a pre make up trial so errrmm what else?

We know you usually give samples and examples of what you want but seeing it on that day come alive is 'WOW'!

2. Makeup Artist/ Caterer

So I couldn't decide on which of these two is more important and you will all agree with me that they are supposed to be on the list so lets pair them smiley

For your wedding or birthday, you want to look lovely, especially weddings. Do not be deceived by friends or family that would say "haba, isn't it only makeup? I can do it for you ojare" Pls go for pre makeup trial, you don't and if its not up to par, nicely turn them down. You are the one that would look wor wor on your day not them. There are very good makeup artists in abundance now so.......

Most times food is where the bulk of the event cost goes to, it wouldn't be nice to see guests pushing full plates away because the taste is yuck when you know how much you spent on it. Get good referrals for your caterer and if possible taste their food before that day.

1. Photography

The works of a good photographer cannot be over emphasized, they can make you ask 'is this me?' when you are looking at your own pictures. Every other thing you spend on for event is one day but the photographs are for a lifetime.

A good photographer can compensate for a bad event decorator, bad looking cake, horrible makeup and give you an entirely different view of your event. The pictures are the only thing that you can easily look at and smile because of the memory it brings of your event, make it count.

For any event, the photographer is the most important anyday anytime.

Thanks for reading. i would like to read your opinion, so please drop a comment.

Have a lovely weekend lovelies!
http://omegdeluxeinteriors..com/2015/01/top-5-vendors-you-shouldnt-compromise-on.html

visit omegdeluxeinteriors..com for more posts on event and interior decoration.

please mods move to appropriate section if this is the wrong section

Re: Top 5 Event Vendors You Shouldn't Compromise On by omegdeluxe(f): 11:36am On Jan 10, 2015
Please share your opinions. would like to hear what you think.

(1) (Reply)

Lovely Dresses, Bags And Shoes For Sale / Colourful Beautiful Beads For Occasions! / Miss Nigeria Entertainment World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.