Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

U Mocked God 2day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / U Mocked God 2day (1363 Views)

Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read / Examples Of What Happened When Famous People Challenged And Mocked God / Beware: Men Who Mocked God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U Mocked God 2day by etete(m): 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2006
Guys,

Read and know that " Jesus is lord "

Rgds,
Myke.
>Subject:
Those who mocked God,
Make a personal reflection about this. Very interesting.
Read until the end,

It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7): " Be not
deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that
shall he also reap. Here are some men and women who
mocked God:

JOHN LENNON:
Some years before during his interview with an American
Magazine, he said: "Christianity will end, it will
disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain Jesus was ok,
but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him"
(1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than
Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

TANCREDO NEVES (President of
Brazil):
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500
votes from his party, not even God would remove him
from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being
made President, then he died

CAZUZA (Bi-sexual Brazilian
composer, singer and poet):
During a show in Canecão ( Rio de Janeiro ), whilst
smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God, that's for you." He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in
a horrible manner.

THE MAN WHO BUILT THE TITANIC:
After the construction of the Titanic, a reporter asked him
how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone
he said: "Not even God can
sink it" The result: I think you all know
what happened to the Titanic.

MARILYN MONROE:
She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a
show. He is a preacher and Evangelist and the Spirit
of God had sent him to preach
to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: "I don't need your Jesus" A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.

BON SCOTT:
The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he
sang:
"Don't stop me, I'm going down all
the way, wow the highway to hell".

On the 19th of February 1980, Bon
Scott was found dead, he
had
been choked by his vomit.

CAMPINAS/SP IN 2005
In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick
up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car
and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter - holding her hand, who was already seated in the car:
"MY DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE
PROTECT YOU."
She responded: ONLY IF HE (GOD)
TRAVELS IN THE BOOT(trunk),
COZ INSIDE HERE IT'S ALREADY FULL"
Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal
accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type
of car it had been, but surprisingly, the boot was intact. The police said there was no way the boot could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the boot was a crate of eggs, none was broken.
Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other
name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have
died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive. JESUS!!!
P.S: If it was a joke, you could have sent it to everyone.
So are you going to have courage to send this?. I have done my part, Jesus said "If you get embarrassed about me, I will also get embarrassed about you before my father." What benefit does it have, if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul? What can man give in exchange of is soul? (Mathew 16:26)

Fun, Smiles, Laugh, You U have them?
They are free, good, Pls find them, ++++++
Re: U Mocked God 2day by NnamdiN: 9:18am On Sep 13, 2011
not a single soul replied dis thread
Re: U Mocked God 2day by jayriginal: 11:17am On Sep 13, 2011
NnamdiN:

not a single soul replied dis thread
Thats because there is no need to reply such rubbish. Will the author of this piece (definitely not OP) or OP please also tell us how many Preachers who preached on a certain sunday or anytime of the week died soon after ?
How many Pastors or Bishops or whatever passes for a man/woman of God have died in an abominable way ?
Of faithfuls who prayed to God at night and died in their sleep ?
Of faithfuls who prayed to God in the morning and died on their way to work or school ?
The list goes on and on. Using random statistics to validate fear and B.S. is just wrong.
Heck, Jesus himself died an abominable death (as christians believe) like the worst of all criminals and he was accursed of God, yet he even prayed before his death.

Na wa for una oh.
Re: U Mocked God 2day by NnamdiN: 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2011
bros u tight o, honestly I only read it from d OP'S point of view sha, Nevertheless I strongly believe in my God sha, I can't give d credit to some other person or force but d one I call "my" God has been very good to me. I have never really had any reason to doubt his existence
Re: U Mocked God 2day by HISchild: 8:01am On Sep 14, 2011
"The Lord reigns"!  at least two examples of men, kings, who glorified themselves instead of GOD, suffered GOD's punishment - "But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord." - 2 Corinthians 10:17

king Nebuchadnezzar of the babylonian empire,
"At the end of twelve months he walked in the palace of the kingdom of Babylon. The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty? While the word was in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee. And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will. The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws." - Daniel 4:29-33

king Herod, tetrarch of Galilee -
"And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost." - Acts 12:21-23

in considering all the above, which is absolute truth (“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” -2 Timothy 3:16-17, "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." -Psalm 12:6, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." - John 17:17.  Indeed,  do we now try to make false the word of GOD, which is impossible? "God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." -  Romans 3:4.  "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

their judgment is a picture of the judgment of all unsaved people, all for whom The Lord JESUS CHRIST has not died, 
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD;” - Rom 3:23 - “For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of GOD [is] eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our Lord.”  - Rom 6:23

---------
The Lord [is] gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, And of great mercy.” - Pss 145:8
Re: U Mocked God 2day by jayriginal: 9:29am On Sep 14, 2011
NnamdiN:

bros u tight o, honestly I only read it from d OP'S point of view sha, Nevertheless I strongly believe in my God sha, I can't give d credit to some other person or force but d one I call "my" God has been very good to me. I have never really had any reason to doubt his existence
Its really easy to distort facts with posts like the first one. Those so called facts may not even be true (we are only assuming they are). However, when you balance out the equation, you see that there is nothing special about it. People die everyday and some die after they have just finished eating rice, some die after sex, some die after praying/praising God, some die after cursing God, some have died in church etc. As was even noted somewhere on another thread, many died in Reinhard Bonke's (sp) crusade/revival in Benin. People die all the time and their last actions are usually not relevant.

HISchild:

"The Lord reigns"! at least two examples of men, kings, who glorified themselves instead of GOD, suffered GOD's punishment - "But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord." - 2 Corinthians 10:17

king Nebuchadnezzar of the babylonian empire,
"At the end of twelve months he walked in the palace of the kingdom of Babylon. The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty? While the word was in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee. And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will. The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws." - Daniel 4:29-33

king Herod, tetrarch of Galilee -
"And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost." - Acts 12:21-23

---------
The Lord [is] gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, And of great mercy.” - Pss 145:8

Same goes for ^^^ too (assuming {without conceding} that those facts are true).

(1) (Reply)

Can A Christian Sell Condoms? / Why Is Church Sign Board Not Bearing Jesus Picture? / I Need Your Help! . : What Was Jesus Christ,s Life In Exile In Egypt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.