Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,791 members, 7,798,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian (2224 Views)

The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 / An Average Black Man Not All Black Men / Amosun & Buhari: Caption The Pic; PMB Is Obviously A Comedian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by omanzo02: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
For the first time in Nigeria's history a sitting president is proposing real institutional changes to set the country on the right path but it seems majority of the people don't have the average understanding of his plans, thanks to the misinformation and abuse of the populace knowledge by the past leaders and the agents who are now screaming change.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by CrazyScientist: 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
#TrueSay

3 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by Joel3(m): 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
don't forget so soon

3 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by ceejayluv(m): 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
omanzo02:
For the first time in Nigeria's history a sitting president is proposing real institutional changes to set the country on the right path but it seems majority of the people don't have the average understanding of his plans, thanks to the misinformation and abuse of the populace knowledge by the past leaders and the agents who are now screaming change.
I tire for Nigerians... When they reel out painstakingly researched statistics, they'll say it's all paper achievements... Instead of saying they don't understand the terminologies....

It's the southwestern folks I'm watching... I could never have believed that those folks will support one who clearly has no regard for formal education. One who is part the dark ages of Nigeria's history.

Let them wait for their certificate-less jackboot to kick out corruption and magically invoke 50,000 megawatts of power in a snap of the fingers...

12 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by omanzo02: 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
CrazyScientist:
#TrueSay

Most Nigerians still thinks in the medieval age.....bringing in technology into running governments affairs would not only help to fight corruptions, helps the banks in innovative business idea, speed up transactions etc.....it would also fast track the much needed ICT business and huge market with multiplying chain effect.

7 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by omanzo02: 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
Joel3:
don't forget so soon

Your 1999 constitution support corruption itself. Who made it?

4 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by VcStunner(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
omanzo02:

Your 1999 constitution support corruption itself. Who made it?
finally I've seen who thinks in my direction!! You can't fight corruption with a weak constitution and you can't make a better one with the type of senators we have in the house currently. You cannot jail me outside my constitution, u can't muscle pple to jail in dis current dispensation. EFCC has tried several times buh it did'nt work!! The only way is to prevent them from seeing the money. Improved technology as made known by Gej. If IBB declared himself a saint as concerns corruption, so wher does Buhari fall in the saintly picture... Pope maybe lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by SUBMARINE: 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
ceejayluv:

I tire for Nigerians... When they reel out painstakingly researched statistics, they'll say it's all paper achievements... Instead of saying they don't understand the terminologies....

It's the southwestern folks I'm watching... I could never have believed that those folks will support one who clearly has no regard for formal education. One who is part the dark ages of Nigeria's history.

Let them wait for their certificate-less jackboot to kick out corruption and magically invoke 50,000 megawatts of power in a snap of the fingers...

Don't blame them

You know a good lot of them never understood what they were taught in school

You know what I mean

Lots of them are

Educated illiterates

That's why they expect so much from a man who said

I will stabilize the oil market and secure the economy with soldiers undecided grin

8 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by ceejayluv(m): 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Don't blame them

You know what I mean

Lots of them are

Educated illiterates

I will stabilize the oil market and secure the economy with soldiers undecided grin
I'm ashamed.

2 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by SUBMARINE: 5:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
ceejayluv:

I'm ashamed.

There is more hope for an illiterate than an educated illiterate blinded by greed cool

This year, they will weep for their s t u p I d I t y wink

2 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by Flets: 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
Very true, illiteracy is our biggest problem. Nigerians would never reason beyond their noses... very shallow. Always seeking quick and temporary fixes with no eye for the future.

GEJ hsa put up solid policies of the future but with permanent and wonderful impacts but average Nigerian is seeking shallow immediate gains.

Until a nation clearly defines what it wants, it just might never get it. Until we chart a course for ourselves, we might never know if we are on the right path or not.

Nigerians have been complaining citizens right from Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalam, Obasanjo, Yaradua and now Jonathan. You can be certain we will complain about the next man.

At every point in our history… the current government is considered the worst. So when are we going to start looking at real issues without emotions, when are we going start agitating for the right things and policies rather castigating everybody in power. 

Unfortunately, things have deteriorated over time under all the leaders we’ve had and not necessarily just one…. Now how can we be sure we are on the path of recovery? No one man can fix Nigeria under one tenure but we have to be focused on the issues to ensure we are headed down the right path.

Unfortunately the politicians are aware of our heightened emotions and lack of vision and always tend to play on our intelligence. We need to start playing issues based politics.

We all have to get to terms that there is no human anywhere with a magic wand to fix these issues. It is going to take time, take commitment and the collective efforts of all Nigerians because ours is a complex society.

7 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
omanzo02:

abeg where is d change?
Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by aresa: 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
omanzo02:

How do you propose institutional reforms while at the same time trashing, bastardizing and compromising the same institutions via lawlessness, abuse of power and gross impunity.?

1. EFCC is a FG institutions under the command of the same President, but the same President undermines and renders the same EFCC redundant and irrelevant by appointing corrupt characters his own institutions like the EFCC is investigating for corruption.

Meaning the EFCC has no choice but to stop their investigation because of the president's actions? This is undermining EFCC as an institution.

2. The chief law enforcement officer and the commander in chief openly asserting that stealing is not corruption not only gives aid and comfort to crooks and corrupt entities, he also undermines his own crime fighting agencies and their cases against corrupt people.

3. The Nigerian police is a FG institution with IG appointed by the president and answerable to the president and the civilian police service commission. When the president allows the folks he hires and answerable to him disobey the law and abuse their power, if reflects on the president because they act on his behalf.

When the police IG lawlessly disobeyed a court order and the Nigerian judiciary aka the 3rd arm of government by refusing to acknowledge the speaker of the Nigerian house of reps as order by the judiciary.

The President should have fired or reprimand the police IG, but he did and the fact that he did not means he's either part of the lawlessness, sanctioned the act himself or just incompetent.

4. When the SSS harasses the opposition and violates the Nigerian constitution like raiding their offices with zero proof of wrongdoing or search warrants, the president looked the other way and didn't demand accountability or reprimand his own agency. This is lawlessness. Of what business is the security services's about who and what the opposition registers?

This is a very weak, compromised and ineffective crime fighting agency with little capacity or ability to secure crucial intelligence needed to protect us against terrorists like BH.

FG agencies spends more time harassing the opposition than they do fighting BH and the presidents seems to be ok with this when in fact he should have fired or reprimand his own agency.

5. The NNPC is the most lawless agency in Nigeria which again reflects badly on the president. This agency still can not account for billions of dollars and they even lawlessly operates foreign accounts without the consents of the Nigerian government.

The president again should have fired or reprimand the folks involved or even restructured this very critical agency.

Bottom line, it's deceptive, deceiving and callous to say you intend to reform the agencies that you yourself compromise and bastardized everyday. He's been in office as the president of Nigeria for almost half a decade and he's never in any breath taken any action against his lawless, corrupt and politically compromised agencies. He's a liar, a crook and a con man.

His time is up because Buhari is around the corner to take care of this problem..

5 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by omanzo02: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
VcStunner:
finally I've seen who thinks in my direction!! You can't fight corruption with a weak constitution and you can't make a better one with the type of senators we have in the house currently. You cannot jail me outside my constitution, u can't muscle pple to jail in dis current dispensation. EFCC has tried several times buh it did'nt work!! The only way is to prevent them from seeing the money. Improved technology as made known by Gej. If IBB declared himself a saint as concerns corruption, so wher does Buhari fall in the saintly picture... Pope maybe lipsrsealed

Exactly.

What baffles me is these same agent of change and change cravers who compares the little this government has done with the capacity Europe and America have build upon for years fail to realise the ideas GEJ is proposing is the foundation to an explosive development........This is democracy and GEJ alone can not unilaterally order changes to the constitution and those who are bent to keep the status quo will try to sabotage his efforts........I pity most Nigerians that wave off VERY RELEVANT AND FUTURE DIRECTION BASED QUESTIONS GEJ have asked in this campaign, a country with progressive and personal development minded citizens will make them a reference point for the elections.........Maybe because I live in advance democracy my mind and yearning is too advance to understand GEJ means well for Nigerians...........in my opinion majority so called educated Nigerians need brain transplant or logical thinking orientation courses.

5 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by 1wolex85: 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
aresa:

How do you propose institutional reforms while at the same time trashing, bastardizing and compromising the same institutions via lawlessness, abuse of power and gross impunity.?

1. EFCC is a FG institutions under the command of the same President, but the same President undermines and renders the same EFCC redundant and irrelevant by appointing corrupt characters his own institutions like the EFCC is investigating for corruption.

Meaning the EFCC has no choice but to stop their investigation because of the president's actions? This is undermining EFCC as an institution.

2. The chief law enforcement officer and the commander in chief openly asserting that stealing is not corruption not only gives aid and comfort to crooks and corrupt entities, he also undermines his own crime fighting agencies and their cases against corrupt people.

3. The Nigerian police is a FG institution with IG appointed by the president and answerable to the president and the civilian police service commission. When the president allows the folks he hires and answerable to him disobey the law and abuse their power, if reflects on the president because they act on his behalf.

When the police IG lawlessly disobeyed a court order and the Nigerian judiciary aka the 3rd arm of government by refusing to acknowledge the speaker of the Nigerian house of reps as order by the judiciary.

The President should have fired or reprimand the police IG, but he did and the fact that he did not means he's either part of the lawlessness, sanctioned the act himself or just incompetent.

4. When the SSS harasses the opposition and violates the Nigerian constitution like raiding their offices with zero proof of wrongdoing or search warrants, the president looked the other way and didn't demand accountability or reprimand his own agency. This is lawlessness. Of what business is the security services's about who and what the opposition registers?

This is a very weak, compromised and ineffective crime fighting agency with little capacity or ability to secure crucial intelligence needed to protect us against terrorists like BH.

FG agencies spends more time harassing the opposition than they do fighting BH and the presidents seems to be ok with this when in fact he should have fired or reprimand his own agency.

5. The NNPC is the most lawless agency in Nigeria which again reflects badly on the president. This agency still can not account for billions of dollars and they even lawlessly operates foreign accounts without the consents of the Nigerian government.

The president again should have fired or reprimand the folks involved or even restructured this very critical agency.

Bottom line, it's deceptive, deceiving and callous to say you intend to reform the agencies that you yourself compromise and bastardized everyday. He's been in office as the president of Nigeria for almost half a decade and he's never in any breath taken any action against his lawless, corrupt and politically compromised agencies. He's a liar, a crook and a con man.

His time is up because Buhari is around the corner to take care of this problem..

Thank you. It is all well and good putting controls in place to prevent corruption but the problem right now is that there seems to be no consequence for engaging in corrupt practices. It has to be a combination of both, implement a control today and over time, people will learn how to circumvent it. It must be a combination of both.
Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by greaterlove(m): 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
omanzo02:
I have come to the conclusion that most Nigerians even the so called educated ones don't really know what they want. They say they want an end to corruption and are supporting Buhari who all the promises he has been giving them in his campaign are programs that encourages corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by lukecent: 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
Please, APC members and supporters, who is corrupt-free in your party that will tackle corruption, is it Tinubu, Rochas, Amechi.
You're shouting 'change change' which change do you want to offer us again when GEJ is already transforming the country

5 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by Adminisher: 8:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
greaterlove:

I have come to the conclusion that most Nigerians even the so called educated ones don't really know what they want. They say they want an end to corruption and are supporting Buhari who all the promises he has been giving them in his campaign are programs that encourages corruption.

You guys are all wrong.
Dominating the discussion with pro GEJ sentiments, very wrong. There is no extra innovative idea that GEJ has brought into governance and same goes for APC. Shallowness of the populace is what is what is driving the hype. Please listen to Osinbajo talk at the town hall in Edo State. A lot of new and bright ideas many better than GEJ's (Adesina's) ideas in agriculture including guaranteeing a market for all produce at above market prices, good ideas but definitely not innovative in any way. A lot of people were impressed but I was not.
Let me tell you the difference a leader brings to all the broad spectrum of innovative solutions, the difference a leader brings is a clear ideological direction and some system integrity. A stability that guarantees that things work for almost everybody, all the time and in a fair way for everybody and anti corruption guarantees. Even when there are winners and losers nobody loses absolutely. Railways are not innovative, my grandparents rode in it. E-wallet is just technology enablement of a process that always existed, You-Win is another name for what has been existing since time immemorial, when I finished youth service in 1986 gov't was already putting in place entrepreneurial tracks for university graduates. It is lack of corruption and an lack of compromise with inefficiency and slackness that makes the difference.
So many foundational infrastructure elements to a good economy are missing; defence, security, basic industries like Ajaokuta steel, working refineries, power, petrochemicals, etc.. Why are these not working?... corruption and inefficiency. You say private sector is better and then you sell the enterprises to cronies who don't know that business and cannot do better than the former gov't entities.

As we speak, tens of organizations with licenses for refineries have not been able to take off because of sabotage from inside gov't itself. Power generation also same thing, few private generation plants are actually working even when gov't itself has even returned part of the money they paid to buy the plants to them.
Innovative ideas are two for ten Kobo the important thing first is integrity and transparency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by saharachic(f): 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
You mean innovative ideas like these?

THE 10 SINS OF PRESIDENT JONATHAN: WHY HE MUST NOT RETURN

1. Worsening insecurity
a. Over 13,000 innocent souls lost to Boko Haram insurgency since 2009.
b. Inability to fish out the sponsors of Boko Haram and wipe out the insurgents.
c. Inability to curb the spread of the Boko Haram menace. Initial operating base: Adamawa, Yobe, Borno and Abuja. New target states: Gombe, Bauchi, Kano. State(s) to follow: It could just be yours.
d. 276 Chibok girls yet to be rescued, 10 months and counting.
e. BBC: 1.5 million people displaced on account of growing insurgency in the North-East.
f. Hobnobbing with alleged sponsors of terrorism – Ali Modu Sheriff and his co-travellers.
g. Loss of territories to Boko Haram.
h. Kidnapping has become widespread across the federation.

2. Monumental corruption and nepotism
a. Missing $20bn from the coffers of NNPC yet to be explained.
b. Diezani Alison-Madueke: ₦10bn Private Jet Scandal.
c. Diezani Alison-Madueke: $25mn House acquired in Austria, Vienna.
d. John Yusuf: ₦27bn Pension fraud.
e. Abdulrasheed Maina: ₦21bn Pension funds embezzlement.
f. Farouk Lawan: $500,000 bribe.
g. Stella Oduah: ₦255mn BMW salon cars.
h. Pardoning of ex-convicts and dropping of charges against friends – DSP Alamieyeseigha, Bode George, Femi Fani Kayode, Mohammed Abacha, Al-Mustapha.
i. Petrol subsidy scam: Nobody has been prosecuted till date.
j. Continuing Kerosene subsidy fraud despite the product being fully deregulated. ₦91bn included in 2015 FGN Budget proposal.
k. Creation of emergency billionaires – Asari Dokubo, Ayiri Emami, Mr Government Tompolo.
l. Oritsejafor: $15mn private jet arms deal scandal.
m. Continued environmental degradation of the Niger-Delta through oil spill.
n. Continuing oil theft. Over 300,000 barrels of crude oil was stolen on daily basis in 2013.
o. Militants now contracted to secure national waterways.
p. Transparency international ranks Nigeria 136th out of 175 economies surveyed on corruption index. Put another way, Nigeria is the 39th most corrupt country in the world.
q. US State Department Global Human Rights Report: ‘Massive, widespread, and pervasive corruption affected all levels of government and the security forces… and officials frequently engaged in corrupt practices with impunity’

3. Political immaturity
a. Encouraged and practiced politics of divisiveness along ethno-religious lines both personally, by his aides and political party. Doyin Okupe, Reuben Abati, Femi Fani-Kayode, Olisa Metuh and pepper seller-talking Marilyn Ogah have desecrated the Presidency.
b. Completely polarized the country along same ethnic and religious lines. Most divisive President in the history of Nigeria.
c. Continues to fan embers of discord in the polity through unguarded comments.

4. Crass administrative incompetence
a. Inability to prioritize. 17 Million housing deficits remain yet the Ministry of Science and Technology intends sending a Man to space in 2015. To go and eat Amala there or for what purpose?
b. Immigration Job scam: 23 applicants dead.
c. Incessant social unrest: Fuel subsidy strike, ASUU strike, Doctors’ strike, Judiciary strike.
d. Doing Business 2014, a World Bank Group publication ranks Nigeria 147th out of 189 countries surveyed on ease of doing business. By implication, Nigeria is the 42nd worst environment to do business in the world in 2014. Nigeria ranked 58th worst in 2013.
e. Lack of competent hands. Most of the former and serving Ministers are touts, characterless, spendthrifts or thugs: Musiliu Obanikoro (Defence), Jelili Adesiyan (Police), Labaran Maku (Information), Nyesom Wike (Education), Stella Oduah (Aviation), Diezani (Petroleum), Onyebuchi Chukwu (Health) and so on.
f. Policy somersaults now common-place (Rice, Motor Vehicles and so on)
g. Supposed Harvard-trained IMF agent and financial terrorist, Okonjo-iweala’s only economic solution for Nigeria is subsidy removal with attendant negative impact on general price level and cost of living.
h. Introduction of 70% import tariff on Motor Vehicles in the absence of vibrant steel sector and constant power supply.

5. Lack of vision
a. Inability to articulate a clear economic vision, plan or direction.
b. Awfully deficient in sincerity of purpose.
c. Inability to diversify Nigeria’s economy from dependence on oil.
d. Appointed economic team and kitchen cabinet that has failed to implement an effective import substitution strategy.
e. Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) yet to be passed.

6. Financial recklessness
a. Plundered fiscal buffers. Mid-2008, External Reserves (EXRV):$40bn Excess Crude Account (ECA):$22bn. Total buffer: $62bn.
Fast Forward end-2014: EXRV:$32bn ECA:$1bn, SWF:$1bn New total buffer: $34bn
b. Piled debt on the Nation with nothing to show for it. $47.4bn (214%) growth in total public debt between 2007 and 2014
According to Debt Management Office: End-2007 Debt levels (Foreign:$3.7bn, Domestic:$18.5bn. Total:$22.2bn). As of end-Sep 2014sadForeign:$9.5bn, Domestic:$60.1bn. Total:$69.6bn)
c. Has 10 aircraft in the Presidential Air Fleet (PAF). An eleventh one already included in the 2015 FGN Budget Proposal. UK Prime Minister, David Cameron flies commercial on British Airways. South African President has 6. Egypt has 1. Israel has none.
d. ₦7.5bn spent on reconstruction of Abuja city gate.

7. Impoverishment of the masses
a. 2012 New Year ignoble gift of pump price increase of 117% to ₦141 per litre.
b. Naira devaluation with attendant impact on businesses and standard of living of the citizenry.
c. Incessant increase in electricity tariff.
d. 70% import duty on Motor Vehicles.
e. Increase in pump price of petrol leading to general increase in price level and cost of living.
f. Complete detachment from the socio-macro economic realities of Nigerians.
g. National Bureau of Statistics (NBS): Unemployment rate at 24%.
Unemployment rate in selected oil producing economies: Venezuela: 5.9%, Saudi Arabia: 5.5%, UAE: 4.2%

8. Flagrant disregard for rule of law and intolerable impunity
a. 16 > 19: Nigerian Governors Forum elections.
b. 7 > 19: Ekiti State House of Assembly impeachment saga.
c. 5 > 27: Rivers State House of Assembly impeachment saga.
d. Police-National Assembly Saga.
e. Militarization of the electoral process and intimidation of the opposition.
f. Nigerian Police and DSS now effectively Military wing of the PDP.
g. Number of jail breaks in the current administration is unprecedented (Kogi, Niger, Ekiti and DSS Headquarters in Abuja).

9. Litany of failed 2011 campaign promises
a. Constant power supply- still a pipe dream 6 years in the saddle and 16 year of PDP rule.
b. Completion of Second Niger Bridge - where will this happen?
c. Transformation of the economy – optical illusion.
d. Creation of 1.5million jobs in 2 years – imaginary vision.
e. Fertilizer Blending plants in the Niger Delta – mere fantasy.
f. Ilesa water scheme – complete delusion.
g. Ife/Ijesa Dam – ignis fatuus.
h. Promise to make solid minerals key export earner for Nigeria – phantasm.
i. Resuscitation of collapsed industries in Kano – hallucination.
j. Exploration of coal deposits in Benue and Kogi – mirage.
k. Establishment of petrochemical plant in Koko FTZ in Delta State – chimera.
l. Revival of mining activities in Plateau State – yet to happen.
m. Rehabilitation of ailing industries in Aba – when?
n. Dualization of Enugu-Abakaliki Federal High-Way – Mirage?
o. Exploitation of bitumen deposits in Ondo State.
p. Completion of Shonga irrigation project in Kwara State – which year?
q. Dredging of River Niger – which decade?
r. Dualization of Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja High-way – which century?
s. Government refineries yet to be sold as promised in the aftermath of fuel strike in 2012 – which millennium?

10. Catalogue of Presidential blunders:
a. Question: Where is the missing $20bn? Jonathan: America will Know, it is their money.
b. Question: Corruption in Nigeria. Jonathan: There is no corruption but mere stealing in Nigeria.
c. Question: Assets declaration. Jonathan: I don’t give a damn
d. October 2011: ‘We are responsible for Independence Day bombing’ – MEND.
‘MEND is not responsible for the Abuja bombing; I know my people’ – Jonathan.
Fast-forward January 2015: ‘MEND was paid to assassinate me during Independence Day bombing’ – Jonathan.
e. World Bank Report: Nigeria is among the 5 poorest nations in the world. Jonathan: “If you talk about ownership of private jets, Nigeria will be among the first 10 countries, yet they are saying that Nigeria is among the five poorest countries…Nigeria’s problem is not poverty but redistribution of wealth.
f. 7-January-2015: 11 people killed in France, the whole nation is thrown into mourning. 14-April-2014: over 100 killed in Nyanya Bomb Blast. GEJ goes dancing at Kano campaign rally a day after.
g. Presidency’s first reaction to Chibok girls’ abduction: ‘It is a propaganda’. Took the President three weeks to believe the abduction happened.

P.S.
What Nigerians need is GOOD GOVERNANCE which entails social security, adequate infrastructure, job creation, food availability, affordable healthcare, socio-political harmony etc. What has ethnicity or faith got to do with it? All that matters is the competence to do the job and nothing more. If you have a private business, will you hire an incompetent salesman from your hometown or of same faith and run the risk of going bankrupt?
Please vote wisely come February 2015. We need a change. Nigeria cannot continue like this.
Long live Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by babadee1(m): 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
lukecent:
Please, APC members and supporters, who is corrupt-free in your party that will tackle corruption, is it Tinubu, Rochas, Amechi.
You're shouting 'change change' which change do you want to offer us again when GEJ is already transforming the country

Tinubu, Rochas and Amechi are not on the presidential ballot. If you have any charges of corruption against either Buhari or Osinbajo state them here or forever hold your peace. If we go into the history of PDP as a party of corrupt leaders we won't stop talking till tomorrow.
Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by vanunu: 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Don't blame them

You know what I mean

Lots of them are

Educated illiterates

It is very clear that most of buhari's fans are totally empty , they don't just understand anything.

1 Like

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by focus7: 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2015
Op, people like u can easily buy into GEJ deception but not every Nigerian. If u still believe Jonathan after the promises he made in January 2012 oil price increase, the palliative measures he promised to provide to cushion the effect of the increase, the refineries he promise to build with the proceeds from the fuel price increments. I will be the last person to believe things like his technology to control corruption, to me I see as a last minute desperate answer to the populace cry against his body language to corruption, an attempt to gain the populace sympathy. My questions are: 1.why did it take him long to make his plan known to the people. 2.why did it take him six year to come up with a plan. 3.what happen to all his cronies that were involved in corruption act, all the oil subsidy scam offenders, the police pension scam, the immigration job scam, the money laundry issue involving his wife and many more, how did his technology bring them to book and prevent such occurents. 4.will his tech prevent corruption in police and other institutions. 5.is his technology not a ploy to enhance the activities of his cronies to practice corruption under cover. Look we are not bought by Jonathan cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
WORD, In Nigeria of today, you cant fight corruption by jailing corrupt people without due process. When you arrest corrupt people and take them to court and the court discharges them, there is noting you can do except to appeal and reappeal. When that aspect is not working then you bring in technology to stop the avenues from which they steals money. An example of this is the e-Wallet scheme which now makes every farmer get what he/she deserved to get in terms of fertilizer and the rest, unlike before when fertilizers meant for farmers are diverted by one oga at the top and sold to his allies while he pockets the money.

Another example is the IPPIS payment scheme for civil servants that help stem the high tide of ghost workers in the civil service.

When GEJ tested the waters of fighting corruption by removing the fuel subsidy since Nigeria is losing a lot through that, some stupid Nigerians went on protest against the removal thereby supporting the corruption they so claim to hate. With that clear support Nigerians displayed for corruption, who would go on and fight those men.

Now when Farouk was caught on tape accepting bribe from otedola, the house sided with him and tagged it "witch hunting".

So the best way to curb corruption in Nigeria is not via direct approach but by introducing policies that will make it hard for these set of criminals to continue stealing and they knows GEJ has their antidote, thats why they have ganged up in several quarters. Come February we will tell them they can no longer take this country for a ride

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by TheFreeOne: 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
ceejayluv:

Unfortunately a lot of people are being brainwashed daily by APCs propaganda. They are so gullible.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by omanzo02: 3:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
TheFreeOne:

Unfortunately a lot of people are being brainwashed daily by APCs propaganda. They are so gullible.

Majority just feeds on useless issues neglecting core policy issues to drive the country forward.

3 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by omanzo02: 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
gboss4sure:
WORD, In Nigeria of today, you cant fight corruption by jailing corrupt people without due process. When you arrest corrupt people and take them to court and the court discharges them, there is noting you can do except to appeal and reappeal. When that aspect is not working then you bring in technology to stop the avenues from which they steals money. An example of this is the e-Wallet scheme which now makes every farmer get what he/she deserved to get in terms of fertilizer and the rest, unlike before when fertilizers meant for farmers are diverted by one oga at the top and sold to his allies while he pockets the money.

Another example is the IPPIS payment scheme for civil servants that help stem the high tide of ghost workers in the civil service.

When GEJ tested the waters of fighting corruption by removing the fuel subsidy since Nigeria is losing a lot through that, some stupid Nigerians went on protest against the removal thereby supporting the corruption they so claim to hate. With that clear support Nigerians displayed for corruption, who would go on and fight those men.

Now when Farouk was caught on tape accepting bribe from otedola, the house sided with him and tagged it "witch hunting".

So the best way to curb corruption in Nigeria is not via direct approach but by introducing policies that will make it hard for these set of criminals to continue stealing and they knows GEJ has their antidote, thats why they have ganged up in several quarters. Come February we will tell them they can no longer take this country for a ride

It's obvious what this government is proposing will automatically eradicate virtually great bulk of corrupt practices.......the fertilizer frauds clean up was an eye opener for the government and they are eager to expand it to other ministries and institutions.........GEJ is obviously not interested is chasing shadows with that skewed constitution and anti corruption laws and no serious minded person would.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by nejifresh(m): 3:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
I weep for my countrymen sometimes. If only we could see between the lines, but i guess we are too myopic.

2 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by clevadani: 4:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
lol @op
so buying 3 abandoned locomotive trains in d 21st century is innovative and an achievement for someone who has overseen d richest period in our 54yr history ?

1 Like

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by omanzo02: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
clevadani:
lol @op
so buying 3 abandoned locomotive trains in d 21st century is innovative and an achievement for someone who has overseen d richest period in our 54yr history ?

Definitely u didn't read the post before commenting, typical Nigerians problem lol.

4 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by Abagworo(m): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
Obasanjo

Telecommunication revolution

Banking revolution

Stock exchange revolution

He will forever be remembered for these achievements but his regime was also marred by corruption at all levels of governance. He did well in security as he refused to declare full scale war on militants but used light operations to maintain peace. He removed Plateau Governor for conducting election in Jos North to stear Hausa vs Berom crisis. He appointed a Berom man chairman and Hausa deputy for peace. The Sharia declaration in many Northern States caused security challenges which he was able to curtail.

Obasanjo started the construction of gas power plants and granted Barth Nnaji permission for the 1st Private power project in Nigeria which has now been completed.

1 Like

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by jdilight(m): 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2015
This is what l have been saying all along. It is time we focus on policy formulation than the hit and run strategy of our ex leaders.

Imaging the rest of the government before this put up a good policy to drive the economy. We would have been far ahead as giant of Africa.

But no, we want it now now. Are we building thatch house or skyscraper?

This is the first Nigerian government with go economic policy and strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Obviously GEJ Innovative Ideas Of Change Is Too High For An Average Nigerian by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
omanzo02:

It's obvious what this government is proposing will automatically eradicate virtually great bulk of corrupt practices.......the fertilizer frauds clean up was an eye opener for the government and they are eager to expand it to other ministries and institutions.........GEJ is obviously not interested is chasing shadows with that skewed constitution and anti corruption laws and no serious minded person would.

Do we have any anti corruption law in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Illayasu Kwankwaso Declared Wanted For Electoral Fraud / OBJ Seeks To Return To PDP Over PMB Snub / Banks Have Seized State Bailout Funds Over Debts - Gov Yari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.