Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy (24149 Views)

This Guy Celebrates His Mum Who Sold Food By The Roadside For 30 Years / I Called My Friend Gay For Uploading This Pic, Got This Funny Reply From His Mum / See What This Man Did To Save His Mum's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by virginboy1(m): 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
mutter:
This life does not always come as you think. At the end of the day it might be this last child that becomes great and takes care of you all.
This is your brother and sister and an enrichment to your lives. I don`t see anything wrong with it. More and more women are giving birth at a later age and it works out.
The only thing you can do is help her where you can.
please,what is the essence of bringing more kids into this world when taking care of one ain't an easy job. Please Sir be objective,because i can see you are just been subjective with the matter.Thank you

10 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by mutter(f): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
virginboy1:

please,what is the essence of bringing more kids into this world when taking care of one ain't an easy job. Please Sir be objective,because i can see you are just been subjective with the matter.Thank you

Now is it only the rich that are allowed to have children.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
virginboy1:

You really nailed it Sir,
It is just so sad for me,I hardly look at my parent on their face now.I just hope to find the calmness to talk to them as advised
you have to sit down and talk to them now,this is your life we're talking about,your future.

5 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
This is sad.
My inlaw's dad married 3 wives.
First wife had no child.
So it started with my inlaw's mum(2nd wife)
He was d eldest and had a good paying job in an oil company. A very down to earth man and can use his last kobo to help d needy.
When d dad saw he has a down to earth happening boy as d first son, guess what?
He started making plan 4 d 4th wife.

Meanwhile d guy is d bread winner in d family.
It was really affecting him even with his good pay. He called and warned his dad sternly or else he should count him off as his son.

Yes, it got to an extent he started looking for work outside d country. Once he got one, he moved with his family.
He said if he didn't do it that way, he will never ever amount to anything.

So @op has d right to be angry and mad.
Assuming @op married a wife that don't like too much extended family wahala nko?
What of if he didn't make it big on time?

Even girls of nowadays r very skeptical of marrying a first son with football team behind him.

So he is right to be mad.

@op, d earlier u start looking for way to help urself to become somebody in life d better.
Goodluck.

9 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
virginboy1:

I am 26yrs old,my younger bro 24yrs just graduated,i have a younger sis (22yrs) in the unversity,another sis(19yrs) battling with admission. And two siblings(10 and 8 yrs) still in primary school.
My dad is about to be retired.
I ought not to be complaining,but i just have to because its bodering me alot.
And am here battling with varsity fees.

Thanks for your humble contribution

You can share any responsibility with your siblings, the older ones are not much younger. Don't think you have to do it all by yourself and don't you even try. Love yourself first. wink

5 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
virginboy1:
Eight years ago when I got the news that my mum was pregnant,I was devastated,while everybody were busy expressing the mantra "every child is a blessing".I wasn't happy because another child from a family of 7 will be coming to join this difficult society and as the first Issue of the Family I wasn't comfortable due to the unforseen burden I was going to carry.I pondered over it and got over it with time.

Fast Forward to this year 2015,I just got a news that my mom is pregnant again.
As the 1st child,I am really worried,perplexed and scared.Why?"Finance Responsibilities".

I wonder why many parent create burdens for the first child knownily and unknownily.Moreover,I am still a student.Am disappointed in my dad though.
Also,my mom is in her late 40s,I am afraid of her health,at times I do feel pity and sad for her whenever she walks with weakness and tiredness.

Please all expereinced and knowlegable nairalanders,I need your opinion,discretion,assertions and adviced on this issue please.Thank You.
only do your best you can,don't,and never stress yourself to please them.

even the Bible says love your neighbor as yourself,never more than yourself.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by fpeter(f): 10:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
Are your parents learned people? Do they understand the use of contraceptives? Have they gone to the hospital for family planning? I guess you're above 18....sit with both of them and express your feelings, fears and worries but be very respectful and careful not to hurt their feelings. Especially in your mum's condition she doesn't need to be judged or troubled to avoid raising her BP.

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by bullabong(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
EfemenaXY:

There's not much you can do about your parents decision to have one more child (8th?).

But your mum's tiredness is a cause for concern. Find out if she's on Ferrous Sulphate (Iron tablets) as it's not uncommon for pregnant women to be anemic / iron deficient.

But most importantly, both your parents should seriously be considering birth control and the most effective Family Planning method that would suit them best. In the meantime, assist your mum and give her as much support as she needs.

Goodluck.
Well said,I believe if you take this advice all will be well.

Sai Buhari grin
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by omoadeleye(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
lololooll, your mama too like kondo, but not only you will want to suffer the consequences we too as a nation will share it too, cause your mom is giving birth in a geometric progression, and everything will just be increasing in amount, but all only if your all can work in farm, so maybe you have to use your kick and force that foetus out
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
virginboy1:

I am 26yrs old,my younger bro 24yrs just graduated,i have a younger sis (22yrs) in the unversity,another sis(19yrs) battling with admission. And two siblings(10 and 8 yrs) still in primary school.
My dad is about to be retired.
I ought not to be complaining,but i just have to because its bodering me alot.
And am here battling with varsity fees.

Thanks for your humble contribution

95% of the respondents on this thread fully understand your concerns. You are right to be concerned. It's unsafe for one thing. And let's not pretend in this society we aren't expected to take care of our siblings. Even my cousins expect things from me. We get it. You shouldn't feel guilty for having these thoughts. You need to speak to your mother. As someone else pointed out, you shouldn't take it for granted that they have the family planning and health education they need to make these decisions. Please, talk to your mother.

5 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
In this age when pregnancy is full of complications. Pls talk to your parents biko.My mum died during childbirth when I was a kid.The baby was still birth.Sometimes I wish the baby never happened .Commit everything into God's hands,he has a purpose in everything. I hope this will be the final and I pray God will see your mum through.

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by dammywapes(m): 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
Davidson267:
Brb
You Ehn ? grin
Davidson267:
Brb
You Ehn ?
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Abbey2sam(m): 10:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
virginboy1:
Eight years ago when I got the news that my mum was pregnant,I was devastated,while everybody were busy expressing the mantra "every child is a blessing".I wasn't happy because another child from a family of 7 will be coming to join this difficult society and as the first Issue of the Family I wasn't comfortable due to the unforseen burden I was going to carry.I pondered over it and got over it with time.

As the 1st child,I am really worried,perplexed and scared.Why?"Finance Responsibilities".

I wonder why many parent create burdens for the first child knownily and unknownily.Moreover,I am still a student.Am disappointed in my dad though.
Also,my mom is in her late 40s,I am afraid of her health,at times I do feel pity and sad for her whenever she walks with weakness and tiredness.

Please all expereinced and knowlegable nairalanders,I need your opinion,discretion,assertions and adviced on this issue please.Thank You.

Did your father and mother relieve the Borden on you already? You're just been paranoia.....at least they can still take care of there children
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by dammywapes(m): 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
Shhhh. This one is strong.

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by aboystar: 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
Psalm 121 My dear.

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by easystudy101: 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2015
virginboy1:

So ya mama give hersef bele, abi?

What of d prick wey supply the spermatozoa?
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by kaima1984(f): 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Pls buy a cartoon of CD n present it t your old man
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by dammywapes(m): 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
kaima1984:
Pls buy a cartoon of CD n present it t your old man
?
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by dammywapes(m): 10:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
dammywapes:
Shhhh. This one is strong.
I don't know what to contribute so i keep shut.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by stanisbaratheon: 10:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
mutter:

what do you mean by that??
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by gebest: 10:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
That is why u must vote for CHANGE
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
FriedPlantain:
When you keep producing kids like pure water without having a good plan for them ahead, they then become a burden not just for you but also for your older kids, your relatives and the society at large. Imagine our gateman with a monthly income of just N40,000 having 8 kids and two wives. How on earth will he cope without creating unnecessary burdens for his extending family....who I'm sure have their own problems they are yet to sort out.
It is time to do something about the Nigerian population. The people keep reproducing like fish. Jeez! Something is wrong with those families! angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by stanisbaratheon: 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
Abbey2sam:

Did your father and mother relieve the Borden on you already? You're just been paranoia.....at least they can still take care of there children

please be reasonable this is someone's life we're talking about here. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by lepasharon(f): 10:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
Aww.. i wish my mum would have another baby..I want a baby sister smiley Its nice to have a little one around

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Pamcrest(f): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
Op, besides the financial burden that u seemed worried about, there's really not much u can do. Except to advise your parents to go for family planning since they can't keep away from each other. Or is it that they are looking for a particular gender because I can't fathom why your mum is getting pregnant after 8yrs n 8 kids already! Just talk to them n get them to seek counsellling.
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by stigman(m): 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
virginboy1:

The answer you seek is here with you which is family planning, educate your mum on that, we have drugs for that
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by fulanigirl(f): 11:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
mutter:

I don't think you're being fair to this young man. It's not only the rich that should have kids but they already have a lot of kids they can't look after. Why bring a child into the world when you are unable to take care of them? Why burden your child with the responsibility of a family he had no input in the decision of creating? They are making his life difficult, limiting his potentials as well as the other children. No 26 year old should have the burden of a 50 year old man. This should be the time where he gets on his own two feet and finds himself as a man not taking care of the responsibly of his parents

9 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by PrettySpicey(f): 11:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
It is too late now to do something about this pregnancy as it's underway already. But finding out about family planning and educating your mum on it might help prevent future 'unplanned' pregnancies.

You also need to be a 'man' and speak with Your dad. While he might lose his temper and be vexed with you, you have to try as he needs to be less 'passionate' with Your mum.

Finally, you need to prepare yourself. Since it's apparent what responsibilities lie ahead of you, do the best You can to arm yourself with skills that would better Your chances.

Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Twins, Needs Help, Rejected By Orphanage Homes In Lagos / The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 / When Will A Man Enjoy In This Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.