Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy (24143 Views)

This Guy Celebrates His Mum Who Sold Food By The Roadside For 30 Years / I Called My Friend Gay For Uploading This Pic, Got This Funny Reply From His Mum / See What This Man Did To Save His Mum's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 11, 2015
@op, although I am the last in my family - I know what you are talking about, and personally I am not planning to have more than 3. There are family planning methods that can be used by the women (even without the consent of the husband).
As a woman's age advance, there are higher chances of many problems in pregnancy -
Hypertension,

During delivery
- death from complications of labour from FATIGUE
- Deathfrom bleeding etc

The Child
- Abnormal children - all those down syndrome etc

Even if all that one is survived, the country e hard no be small.

4 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 11, 2015
RedBenson:
Bros, when did 6+2 become 10?

I expect adults to know that it imlpies 8 children when you exclude two parents.

6 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by BlackLeopard(m): 9:16am On Jan 11, 2015
It's her body, she do what she needs do.

I get your concern tho, talk to her about it? Talk to family members that can talk to her if you can't yourself? Or maybe a trusted family friend that can open up a dialog should even that fail?

Like first, don't let it be eating up just you, man. I'm sure more people be having the same worries you are having and talkin dem out do good fi all.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by BlackLeopard(m): 9:19am On Jan 11, 2015
dhtml18:

The Child
- Abnormal children - all those down syndrome etc.

They not abnormal children tho. They're just babies with different chromosomes than those without it.
(Technical note, let's not call the sweethearts that.)
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 11, 2015
This one strong oh. How do you tell your Dad to stop ?
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by bukatyne(f): 10:30am On Jan 11, 2015
MissMeiya:

OP, this is a great suggestion! There's no reason for you to do it alone. In fact, it would be a terrible idea to do it alone.

There's one TV series I love called "Shameless" (the US version), and it's about a group of siblings who have to fend for themselves because their mother abandoned them and their father is a drunk. The eldest sister gave up on going to university to take care of her younger siblings, but eventually she started to take her life back, because she started letting the next eldest siblings take some responsibility. She had to let go of the mentality that everything was on her head. She learned the lesson the hard way when the pressure finally got to her and she crumbled: she got arrested, she lost her job, her siblings were all taken into foster care because she was the only legal guardian... When everything settled down, she started doing things differently.

You have a life to live. You are more than a caregiver. Make this a team effort.

You mentioned that your next two siblings are somewhat close to you in age? Confide in them, discuss, and plan. Maybe, depending on your family dynamic, the three of you can speak to your mother together?

Don't lose hope. This experience will surely forge you into a strong man.

Nice one MissMeiya

OP, please take this advice

God will be your strength

3 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Lukmanraji(m): 10:33am On Jan 11, 2015
na wa ooo...

your papa never make it a dozen nw..

he's just getting started.

Anyway, never look at the back side of your family, concentrate on your studies and be a good ambassador of your family. With time, things will change and turn around to good.

a word is enough for the wise.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by etomama(f): 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
Nobleval:
excuse me please!,what are you trying to prove? The guy know very well about his family and from the look of things his father isn't financially capable of taking care of 5 kids,talk less of 8! C'mon dude,lets face the fact!,this isn't about their life,it's about family planning. Take a look at Northern Nigeria,you'd see what lack of birth control has done to the region,:apart from poverty and illiteracy it has aided in churning out terrorists. When a mother breeds like rats and let them run around without proper home and formal training,what do you get at the end?...potential gangs,armed robbers,419ers,touts, e.t.c

You have to agree with me that the Op has every right to be concerned,because apart from the economic burden which this kid and others before him/her will bring to the family,which could hinder his education,it is certainly a future burden waiting for him.

In a family like this it's expected that the first issue continues from where his parents stopped which is very tasking and uneccessary. He has his life to live,his future and aims in life,he has to marry and adding these avoidable burdens to them isn't advisable.

And also you have to consider his mum's health,c'mon! What's she doing with eight kids at her age?,that's very risky...she should go on pills after this kid. I'd advise the Op to have a serious discussion with his parents on this issue,so that this mistake will not be repeated.
We've gone past the age when we give birth to scores of kids because we believe that they're from God...this is 21st century.
Well said. You aptly captured my thought on 0P's dillema. Its high time u sit ur mum down and tell her your worries. Family planning is d best option for her after her safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Elinob(m): 1:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
Why must he not be comfortable in his mum's pregnancy

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Daresh(f): 1:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
You need to take your dad for a vasectomy. 8 kids in this economy is plain ridiculous. Even the rich no dey born like that.

6 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by rolled: 1:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
Elinob:
Why must he not be comfortable in his mum's pregnancy
Are you well?

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
virginboy1:

I am 26yrs old,my younger bro 24yrs just graduated,i have a younger sis (22yrs) in the unversity,another sis(19yrs) battling with admission. And two siblings(10 and 8 yrs) still in primary school.
My dad is about to be retired.
I ought not to be complaining,but i just have to because its bodering me alot.
And am here battling with varsity fees.

Thanks for your humble contribution
Breathe in/out: say it is well and watch it work. Some are actually in worse situations, not wishing you ill. I understand...it's gonna get better cool
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by kushsy: 2:32pm On Jan 11, 2015
Ur mum is very fertile but have a talk with her so it won't happen again. Her life is at risk here..dont be troubled God will make ways for you and your siblings,my old man is doing same to us with a second wife but me I told him plainly,he must make sure he stays alive to cater for them...callas
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Missmossy(f): 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
Eeyah I understand perfectly, all is well. Your mom will have a stressfree pregnancy by His grace. Just make her understand your fears and am sure she would see reasons with you also. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
striktlymi:

I expect adults to know that it imlpies 8 children when you exclude two parents.

Did you make any significant inclusion of parents in your post? You clearly stated 10 children.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
RedBenson:

Did you make any significant inclusion of parents in your post? You clearly stated 10 children.

Don't make me doubt your ability to comprehend.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
The command to multiply and fill the earth has long been fulfilled. Now we are in the era of one woman one child biological or adopted. Enlightened people should help their communities to spread the knowledge of family planning.

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
striktlymi:

Don't make me doubt your ability to comprehend.

And dont make me think that every post is meant for comprehension.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
RedBenson:

And dont make me think that every post is meant for comprehension.

Without comprehension, it is impossible to understand written or posted words.

I wonder how a "family of ten" is interpreted as "10 children" in your books.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by SUV(f): 5:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
@Op: you sounded more selfich than being concerned.

its about radsing the children within one's means. i am a good product of a large family raised within the means (scarce resources for that matter), none of my mate is better than me by the grace of God.

when some parents build houses and amass wealth for the 10th generation unborn (which is laragely the problem of this country), what will the children do when they grow up? they will not even border to pass WAEC cos they are made already.
Abeg, free ur parents joor. and focus on making the best out of your life.

have they told you they are having a problem with raising their kids? focus on health challenges biko as that is the only thing that will make sense from your post.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Mekybliss(f): 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
It's simple. Just get her family planning drugs and tell her it's for vitamin after this very baby. But wait she is 40 !!! Omg you father shaa. Smh lipsrsealed
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by SenatorJames(m): 6:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
virginboy1:
Eight years ago when I got the news that my mum was pregnant,I was devastated,while everybody were busy expressing the mantra "every child is a blessing".I wasn't happy because another child from a family of 7 will be coming to join this difficult society and as the first Issue of the Family I wasn't comfortable due to the unforseen burden I was going to carry.I pondered over it and got over it with time.

Fast Forward to this year 2015,I just got a news that my mom is pregnant again.
As the 1st child,I am really worried,perplexed and scared.Why?"Finance Responsibilities".

I wonder why many parent create burdens for the first child knownily and unknownily.Moreover,I am still a student.Am disappointed in my dad though.
Also,my mom is in her late 40s,I am afraid of her health,at times I do feel pity and sad for her whenever she walks with weakness and tiredness.

Please all expereinced and knowlegable nairalanders,I need your opinion,discretion,assertions and adviced on this issue please.Thank You.
Its less of your problem. You are only their child like any other member of the family, even though its not good enough bearing too much in this present economy, but its their choice.

Concerning how it will affect you financially, just manage and graduate, after that support the family with anything you have, bearing in mind you will soon have your own family. Learn from them now!!!
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by diesel86: 7:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
DesChyko:
If it is God's will that the child will be, then the child has to be.
Pls leave God out of this, if i were to have my way there would be a law forbidding people not to have more than two children, any more than that would attract heavy tax.... 7 kids haba.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by MicroBox: 12:05am On Jan 12, 2015
why your own ache..na you dey give her the bele abi your dad no still dey alive.
who assure you say you go get rich before your sibling... Just tell us you come from lowest class and your dad is not seeing that as an hindrance .. see as he dey complain like say na you create yourself..
Mouth wey God don create must eat *period*
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Simoneblosson(m): 2:25am On Jan 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by virginboy1(m): 5:26am On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=SUV post=29700344]@Op: you sounded more selfich than being concerned.

its about radsing the children within one's means. i am a good product of a large family raised within the means (scarce resources for that matter), none of my mate is better than me by the grace of God.

when some parents build houses and amass wealth for the 10th generation unborn (which is laragely the problem of this country), what will the children do when they grow up? they will not even border to pass WAEC cos they are made already.
Abeg, free ur parents joor.
Selfish how? Please pinpoint the selfishness.Moreover,if you check the first page,FriedPlantain and Nobleval have explicitly expressed my concerns.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by virginboy1(m): 5:36am On Jan 12, 2015
Simoneblosson:
I feel your pain brother. in 2010 when my mom called me aside to share a supposed good news, i became mad and melancholic when she told me i we were expecting another child, i actually cried for several days and thought committing suicide because in a family of 5kids where we virtually surviving off relatives, my immediate younger sister died of kidney issues the previous year cos we couldnt afford the surgery fees, i expressed my concerns with tears but i almost curses from my mom which heightened my frustration. Well iv since resulted to accepting things the way the are but with a resolve to do the much i can we the time comes with straining myself, life is full of many issues for me to kill myself on the ones my parents chose to create for me i suppose
My brother i wondered how depressed you might have been then,Similar melancholized feelings also hovers over me whenever am in my family house.
Just imagine the loss of your precious sibling because of lack of luxury,cause by unwarranted burden.
All is well

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by virginboy1(m): 5:57am On Jan 12, 2015
emusmith:
Op, Can I ask you?

1. Have you really sat down with her (or them) to discuss this as the FIRST Son and a Responsible Young Man?
If Yes, What's their reply?

Yes Sir,reply was there is nothing they can do about it now,mother was saying it has happened it has happened "its not funny at all"

If No, Go and do that. Having not done that and "complaining" isn't an attitude of A Man that is ready to TAKE responsibility sooner or later.

Have done that,too much responsibility can be suicidial,whether being Real man and Any man.

2. Saying you're disappointed in your dad is enough to "shut the heavens over you"- I found it in my Bible. " Your parents are still your parents. Don't disregard or disrespect them in your heart or actions- It's Costly.

Really, so whenever parents acts in an obnoxious manner or acts without respect their kids should be happy and proud of them?just asking.

3. smiley Who even told you just because you're the first means that you will be the one to "shoulder the responsibility" in your whole family? Who told you?
Joseph was the 12th child out of 13, yet they all survived through him! David was the last out of 7 and became their king and provider! I could go on and on, using real life examples...

Yes,in the society and evironment we find ourselves,please lets be objective Sir.It is, especially when the parents dont have the resources.
Moreover,why compare the old Testament to this our 21st century "where na manage we dey manage"

Take no thought for the morrow, sufficient to the day is the evil thereof- This is your predicament.

NB: I'm not saying they should keep bearing kids any how.

Don't be offended at my use of Scriptures. It's all I know. wink
Am not offended Sir,it is a discretion which i either concur with or not.
Thanks
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by virginboy1(m): 5:57am On Jan 12, 2015
emusmith:
Op, Can I ask you?

1. Have you really sat down with her (or them) to discuss this as the FIRST Son and a Responsible Young Man?
If Yes, What's their reply?

If No, Go and do that. Having not done that and "complaining" isn't an attitude of A Man that is ready to TAKE responsibility sooner or later.

2. Saying you're disappointed in your dad is enough to "shut the heavens over you"- I found it in my Bible. " Your parents are still your parents. Don't disregard or disrespect them in your heart or actions- It's Costly.

3. smiley Who even told you just because you're the first means that you will be the one to "shoulder the responsibility" in your whole family? Who told you?
Joseph was the 12th child out of 13, yet they all survived through him! David was the last out of 7 and became their king and provider! I could go on and on, using real life examples...

Take no thought for the morrow, sufficient to the day is the evil thereof- This is your predicament.

NB: I'm not saying they should keep bearing kids any how.

Don't be offended at my use of Scriptures. It's all I know. wink
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by DesChyko: 9:13am On Jan 12, 2015
diesel86:
Pls leave God out of this, if i were to have my way there would be a law forbidding people not to have more than two children, any more than that would attract heavy tax.... 7 kids haba.

Leaving God out of this is like leaving humans out of existence.
Be aware that some people have no kids to speak of.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by mutter(f): 10:27am On Jan 12, 2015
diesel86:

Abeg come tax me now!
You want to use my tax to take care of the two others have shocked
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 12, 2015
I get how you feel this kind of thing can be very upsetting but don't worry situations like this have a way of sorting itself out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Little Boy Dies In Kaduna House Fire (Photos) / Ajibola Otubusin Holds Naming Ceremony For Her Son / What's The Happiest Day of A Guy's Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.