Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) (47643 Views)

Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President / Nigerian Lecturers Enter Their Students-Made Airplane : Funny But True / 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by pweetixandy: 11:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Smh
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by uzolexis(f): 11:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nigerian lecturers r generally mean n they delight in students failure. I studied in 2 prestigious Nigerian universities n most of d lecturers were like that. When I left 9ja, I was amazed at d lecturer/student relatnship, lecturers r not interested in students failure n genuinely want students 2 pass, they r very approachable n friendly n most importantly they treat students with respect, unlike Nigerian lecturers who act like gods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by sweetestboi(m): 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
ireneony:
Is only in nigeria institutions, something like this can happen..lol.....i cant help but laugh

http://ireneonyebuchi..it/2015/01/education-in-nigeria-is-not-easy-o.html?m=1
Dis is undiluted wickedness,d wrath of God is cumin @ all ye glorified primary sch teachers"nonsense"
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by PapiDShipCapt(m): 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
@Op that wickedness seemed familiar. Was it from A.A.U?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Abdgafarplenty(m): 11:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
You never see anything
My dept for school I get one baba way day use lecture note give you mark .
He gives 2, 3 4 even 1 to student without going through the note. He just kelp calling marks like soldiers given order
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by moderatorr1: 11:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
someone is about to fail you BC you failed to pay
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by sulmeza(m): 11:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
Lol...dat lecturer wickd gan o.....to me i bliv if mre pple fail ur course..den it's equally failure on ur own part..nd vice versa....i see no sane lecturer takin joy in failin students he lectures

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by ireneony(f): 11:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
PapiDShipCapt:
@Op that wickedness seemed familiar. Was it from A.A.U?
visit my blog to know more
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by PapiDShipCapt(m): 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
AgapeCharis:
I see FNS/PHY/....
I'm nt surprised undecided
I talk am, result like dis only originates from that sch. For free them go give student France visa
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
theimmortals:
Why are Nigerian student Lazy?
Nigeria student lazy?thats why dey cope very well if they leave Nigeria
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by tomiobj(m): 11:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
A-alomo(dried) in powdered. Form B-bamba mayonnaise (normal) c-curri. (for sniffin). D-dodo E-eba with any soup of choice F-fried rice
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by emiye(m): 11:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
This is what is termed "F" doing "leg over" result

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Adex097: 11:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
Because their lecturers were wicked to them.

#vicious_circle.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by PapiDShipCapt(m): 11:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
ireneony:
visit my blog to know more
confirmed. A lecturer once told us in class during engineering drawing practise "if I teach u smthing now and you go home to revise what I taught you and that smthing even though my approach was wrong and the same question comes out in exam just the way I thought you, and you draw it exactly the way I taught you, I FAIL YOU"

Frustration gripped us that day. I will never forget GEE204
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Afrobasic(m): 11:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
yorex2011:
EFE
EDAFE
DEFE
FEEDEFEE (POWER TO D PEOPLE grin)

Lmao

Creative!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
PapiDShipCapt:

I talk am, result like dis only originates from that sch. For free them go give student France visa
which school??
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by ireneony(f): 12:09am On Jan 11, 2015
PapiDShipCapt:
confirmed. A lecturer once told us in class during engineering drawing practise "if I teach u smthing now and you go home to revise what I taught you and that smthing even though my approach was wrong and the same question comes out in exam just the way I thought you, and you draw it exactly the way I taught you, I FAIL YOU"

Frustration gripped us that day. I will never forget GEE204
yea...those lecturers in mechanical engineering are very heartless...i remembered when I was in 100l then, I had gee112 as a required course though am in industrial chemistry.....
After all my hard work cutting those irons and the weekly assignment I dd, I even wrote well in the exam because they repeated pass questions, I was expecting an A or B, to my greatest surprise I was given an E just because I didn't block embarassed
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 11, 2015
Willgates:
Blame it on the system, how would 90% of students in a class fail a particular course and the other 10% passed (with an E-pass mark) yet the lecturers/coordinator ain't quarried? This happens every semester in UNICAL. Out of frustration, students burnt down one of the lecturer's house.

Good riddance for bad rubbish if you ask me.
come to the medical college and see the hell we go through. Most times i feel like pulling a Columbine on them
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Bifwoli: 12:24am On Jan 11, 2015
lilprinze:
Things like this only happens mainly in federal universities.

Is dis the Sambisa University that GMB attended?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by aquabeing: 12:28am On Jan 11, 2015
Honestly , I refuse to read any comment apart from seeing the topic but desire to pour out my heart because I was a victim of male lecturers armed with inferiority complex who decide to see you dating your colleague as a dash to their ego.University of Agriculture Abeokuta Ogun state was a perfect example.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by rotgaktims(m): 12:35am On Jan 11, 2015
briliantsak:
Most of them are wicked...not all of them. imagine a lecturer telling a student of his openly in Class that she can never graduate with a First Class hons coz when e was in university too he didn't make d prestigious First Class hons.
Anyway, God Favor is the main thing in life... No matter what u graduated with, but we shld always try nd end well. In the society today, tiz nw a matter of what u can offer as an employer or employee to the society. Good grades can secure u a job, buh can't definitely keep it for u #self.development
tnk u jare! its asiv u r in my skul, dats hw 1 mumu lecturer was telin us in class ooh.......but tnk God he left our skul to fed uni of petroleum.......peepz begin pass physical Chm well.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by janvier27(m): 12:38am On Jan 11, 2015
I imagine most lecturers won't delight in mass failure. I am aware of several cases where some Nigerian lecturers actually struggle to raise their students to pass level despite having applied their best in teaching them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 11, 2015
that hatred you had engrossed in your thought wen u see dat one person dat killed your pretty dog..coming ur direction.....dats exactly how i feel wen i c nigeria lecturers with dier proud stupid skull....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 11, 2015
ireneony:
Is only in nigeria institutions, something like this can happen..lol.....i cant help but laugh

http://ireneonyebuchi..it/2015/01/education-in-nigeria-is-not-easy-o.html?m=1

When the babes no sabi book & still no gree cooperate but dey form holy-holy yet dey chop anoda guy kuli-kuli...

Thats what you get.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by PapiDShipCapt(m): 12:49am On Jan 11, 2015
ireneony:
yea...those lecturers in mechanical engineering are very heartless...i remembered when I was in 100l then, I had gee112 as a required course though am in industrial chemistry.....
After all my hard work cutting those irons and the weekly assignment I dd, I even wrote well in the exam because they repeated pass questions, I was expecting an A or B, to my greatest surprise I was given an E just because I didn't block embarassed
2 tell u d truth dear u were lucky to have an E, during my time then, I had pple that wrote that course as CO in extension and was still writing it even after I have graduated. Although I had A in that course then, but subsequent courses from that wicked Obodeh was something else **DEF jams all the way***

I suffered in that dept,u ll c lectures beating their chest n telling students in d exam hall that no matter what we wrote in d exam booklet, they can never b too generous to score us a C infact we should see a D as A.
Mechanical had one of d poorest result that was why d dept ws always in conflict with sch's senate com'ttee. But thank God, look @ us today, we r of higher quality than them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Walspring: 12:50am On Jan 11, 2015
In a school called AAUA, Akungba Ondo state, Carry over students retaking a course are always more than the students doing the course.

Out of 150 students that wrote an exam, 3 students will get A, 5 students will get B, Students 10 will be or C, 15 students will get D, 40 to 50 students will get E and the rest F

If 750 students registered for a 200 level course like Bio 206 in the whole faculty, the following below are the statics

200 level students - 270

300 level students - 200

400 level students - 180

500 level students (spill over 1) 100

600 level students (spill over 1) 100

Total is 750 but those retaking the course are more than those writing the course for the first time multiply by 2

When the result is out almost 15 people will get A in the whole faculty

When the result is out almost 20 people will get B in the whole faculty

When the result is out almost 35 people will get C in the whole faculty

When the result is out almost 50 people will get D in the whole faculty

When the result is out over 200 people will get E in the whole faculty

When the result is over 400 people will get E in the whole faculty

If you have anyone in this school you can ask and confirm this
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by JesslordKay(m): 12:56am On Jan 11, 2015
OP dat shld be political science dept in Abia State University, I know the lecturer even without the name showing.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by zigger(m): 12:56am On Jan 11, 2015
U will hear some confidently sayin dat noone can get 'A' in theĆ­r course

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by braine(m): 1:14am On Jan 11, 2015
yorex2011:
EFE
EDAFE
DEFE
FEEDEFEE (POWER TO D PEOPLE grin)

Hilarious!!!! You gat me rolling in my bed with laughter! cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Dinobenson: 1:18am On Jan 11, 2015
PapiDShipCapt:
2 tell u d truth dear u were lucky to have an E, during my time then, I had pple that wrote that course as CO in extension and was still writing it even after I have graduated. Although I had A in that course then, but subsequent courses from that wicked Obodeh was something else **DEF jams all the way***

I suffered in that dept,u ll c lectures beating their chest n telling students in d exam hall that no matter what we wrote in d exam booklet, they can never b too generous to score us a C infact we should see a D as A.
Mechanical had one of d poorest result that was why d dept ws always in conflict with sch's senate com'ttee. But thank God, look @ us today, we r of higher quality than them.
hmmm,obodeh is far better than engr.steve.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Agukagu(m): 1:40am On Jan 11, 2015
This kind of result happens because admission is longer by merit. These days people who have no business being school get admission to the detriment of real bookworms. During our school days in the 80s, the lecturer will be queried if up to 40% of the class fail his course. Those are the days when university material (prospective students) are known from primary school.

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guy Goes Naked In UNILAG ' Worshipping God '. / Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker / Photo Of The Kenyan Student Expelled From School Over "Occultic Drawing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.