Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,887 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:46 AM

'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) (23826 Views)

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba / Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. / What His Girlfriend Sent When He Asked For Nudes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by dabrats(f): 4:43am On Jan 11, 2015
Hello readers,

I recently got engaged to the love of my life. We met in university and have been together for 7 years now. He proposed to me a year ago in September and that was the happiest day of my life. I am finally marrying the man of my dreams. He has been so caring. We have been through so many ups and downs together.

Here’s the thing. Our relationship is public. We celebrate each other on Instagram, Facebook and every social network we are on. I have attended so many of my friends weddings and now it is time to celebrate mine. We started planning our 2015 wedding about 3 months ago.

In those 3 months, I have fallen down the stairs, hit my head on the wall, slipped on the floor and scratched my body on a rough surface. These are the lies I have been telling to my friends. My whole body has become a punching bag to my fiancé. He has been beating me. These are things I have never experienced before with him. We had gotten into serious arguments in the past but he had never raised his hands against me.

My dad is late. I’ve told my mom every time he hit me and she would go over to his house with me and shout at him. He would apologize and do it again. I am tired. My mom keeps advising me not to disgrace the family that he is a man and that’s how men behave. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong that has been ticking him off so much lately.

He makes it up to me all the time with expensive gifts but I’m tired.

I’m writing this email because he shoved me against the wall last night and the man I was staring at was not the one I have known all these years. He promised me last time that it would never happen again. I was so scared I started crying. He started crying with me and kept apologizing. I love him…

http://chynaduru..com/2015/01/he-asked-me-to-marry-him-now-he-beats_10.html

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 4:49am On Jan 11, 2015
Dear,love is an overrated word.Its called infatuation or crush.In the long run,it gradually fades and turns to tolerance. I detest women beaters. Am scared of rships now because there are times I thought I was in love.....then I got bored undecided. Its all tolerance and patience,then friends,in marriage. cry
The thing be say,if God just remove all the women from nigeria,the Men will not survive one day. Truth. angry

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Sprintson(m): 4:50am On Jan 11, 2015
Wat nonesence,tel him 2postpone the wedding for now,most importantly pray coz it mayb induced spiritually.

9 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Sprintson(m): 4:53am On Jan 11, 2015
dovelike:
Oh God. I detest women beaters. The thing be say,if God just remove all the women from nigeria,the Men will not survive one day. Truth. angry
we l survive n get vry fat happily no waste of energy..lol

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by kilokeys(m): 4:57am On Jan 11, 2015
dovelike:
Oh God. I detest women beaters. The thing be say,if God just remove all the women from nigeria,the Men will not survive one day. Truth. angry

really? not survive? . u should have left ur statement at detesting women beaters.

16 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 11, 2015
kilokeys:

really? not survive? . u should have left ur statement at detesting women beaters.
Am not lying,am I?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by kilokeys(m): 5:01am On Jan 11, 2015
@op.. nt all men are that way.. dont ever try to rationalise violence, verbal or physical. its wrong, its addictive.

personally i dont think he can change. he is a pyscho venting his frustration on u.

#i really think every man should own a real punching bag at home

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by kilokeys(m): 5:03am On Jan 11, 2015
dovelike:

Am not lying,am I?
u are
i can cook for myself
and do d needful myself too..
so tell me where u gurls are indispensable?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 11, 2015
kilokeys:

u are
i can cook for myself
Well,for one thing,you kind will go to extinction. And...I don't know what you pple call konji,but konji will happen.

5 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Hazardd(m): 5:08am On Jan 11, 2015
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Hazardd(m): 5:08am On Jan 11, 2015
what do you do to him?
Is he a drunker?

If you didnt do anything to him.
Maybe he has became a madman,so run for your life and forget about love

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by kilokeys(m): 5:26am On Jan 11, 2015
dovelike:

Well,for one thing,you kind will go to extinction. And...I don't know what you pple call konji,but konji will happen.
grin

luckily for us u said "nigerian" women. we go go pick babes from Togo or Cameroon na.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 11, 2015
kilokeys:
grin

luckily for us u said "nigerian" women. we go go pick babes from Togo or Cameroon na.

Oh no,but its not gonna be thesame cool
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by kilokeys(m): 5:33am On Jan 11, 2015
dovelike:

Oh no,but its not gonna be thesame cool
sure... i wouldnt spend so much grin

16 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Spidermon: 5:37am On Jan 11, 2015
He is just trying to beat her into shape, fine tuning her. Signs of things to come. She better go and learn boxing at the Stadium.

8 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Allureoftheseas(m): 5:55am On Jan 11, 2015
Ionn know buh is it only me or?... Cus anytime I Bleep a really beautiful girl that got other guyz tripping so badly dey get knocked off the edges, she looks like shit afterwards and my feelings start fading for her, undecided

3 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by elantraceey(f): 5:59am On Jan 11, 2015
Woman thank your stars you guys didn't get married before he started this , you better run while you still can if you know you can't keep up with the beating but if you can goodluck o , i can't see open fire and still choose to enter because of love tufia .

15 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by aieromon(m): 6:12am On Jan 11, 2015
dabrats:

I’ve told my mom every time he hit me and she would go over to his house with me and shout at him. He would apologize and do it again. I am tired. My mom keeps advising me not to disgrace the family that he is a man and that’s how men behave.

shocked shocked shocked

[img]http://www.gif4bbm.com/index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=5323&option=com_joomgallery[/img]

dabrats:

He makes it up to me all the time with expensive gifts but I’m tired.

That man is a business class ticket out of poverty for your family. Please don't disgrace them.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 11, 2015
Run For Your Dear Life Miss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by ROZZAYY(f): 6:52am On Jan 11, 2015
Dear madam punching bag,
If dis ur tale is true den ayam truly rily sorry for u, u better remove ur slippers dust it, do on ur marks and run like say lucifer dey pursue u, if not I no be soothsayer u might not live to see 2016. My 2cents.

13 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Monicasque(f): 7:15am On Jan 11, 2015
Abusers always say it will never happen again, and they always buy u very nice gifts to apologise. They are very romantic. Either u get a pyschologist dat wil help him or marry him and end up dead.he will buy u and expensive coffin too. If the pychologist doesn't help. Get out of dis relationship before it's too late. Obviously it wil be hard @ first since yols r so public, bt honey, i know i wud rather be alone, dan b unhappy. M nt a fool for love

21 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Olami90: 7:21am On Jan 11, 2015
dnt tell me gifts r gonna buy u..
typical sign of wot u will get wen u get married.he must av been tryin to hide dat nd there is limit to how long one can hide.it is better late than never.
if u suspend d wedding, he is gonna suspect ur reason for doing that nd fake it for u to b a changed man just to get u bak on track.it is better u avoid wot is gonna giv u eternal sadness by putin an end to d relationship.it is not easy buh u jst av to tak d pain to help urself.

5 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Innodon(m): 7:24am On Jan 11, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=dabrats post=29684253][/quote]

if your face never be like rihana face in 2009 after chris brown handling, then he never beat you

With this your lying tongue, who nor go beat you?

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 11, 2015
Beat? Be wise op that's all I'm going to say.
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by eistien(m): 7:27am On Jan 11, 2015
My dear please call it off, do not deceive yourself with ''he I'll change once we are married'' belive me it will only get worse

5 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by caesaraba(m): 7:27am On Jan 11, 2015
Lol. Na preview him dy give you. Marry first and then watch him demolish your face.

6 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 11, 2015
dovelike:

Am not lying,am I?

so all those gays wey hate jona coz of 14 years nor go survive?
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nutase: 7:29am On Jan 11, 2015
shocked
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by sophtaf(f): 7:30am On Jan 11, 2015
kilokeys:

u are
i can cook for myself
hmmmmm undecided
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 11, 2015
From your write-up, both of you are already living together, pre-marriage. So, legally you are married under common-law (USA).

People tend to take for granted, something they believe they have conquered and owned. You are not supposed to be with him before marriage.

Solution: Create artificial scarcity to increase your market value.

6 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 11, 2015
My mom keeps advising me not to disgrace the family that he is a man and that’s how men ur boyfriend behaves

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog / Why Don't Women Like Domesticated Men? / 6 Ways To Care For Your Partner Beyond Mere Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.