Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) (119682 Views)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Monday Morning Inspiration From The Humans Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by pryd(m): 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
TochiPhotos:
There are some things you never imagine would happen to you, like praying for night not to come cause you don't have where you will sleep.

Saddening..

6 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Onyiibazz: 7:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"When I was still serving my Oga, my mum's elder sister would visit me once in a while and I'd give her money. She was caring and treated me nicely. She is the only family I have here, my mum died during childbirth and I lost my dad last year. When my boss sent me away, I went to stay with her around Ajah, the 6 months I spent there was hell, she suddenly changed and started treating me badly, she found fault in anything I did and always verbally abuses me every opportunity she gets. 3 days ago, she just woke up and told me to leave her house, she said she was tired of seeing me that I should go. I've been wandering around for the past 3 days. There are some things you never imagine would happen to you, like praying for night not to come cause you don't have where you will sleep." www.thehumansoflagos.com

This is what you get when you become unnecessarily too good! May you still find peace!

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sholay2011(m): 9:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"When I was still serving my Oga, my mum's elder sister would visit me once in a while and I'd give her money. She was caring and treated me nicely. She is the only family I have here, my mum died during childbirth and I lost my dad last year. When my boss sent me away, I went to stay with her around Ajah, the 6 months I spent there was hell, she suddenly changed and started treating me badly, she found fault in anything I did and always verbally abuses me every opportunity she gets. 3 days ago, she just woke up and told me to leave her house, she said she was tired of seeing me that I should go. I've been wandering around for the past 3 days. There are some things you never imagine would happen to you, like praying for night not to come cause you don't have where you will sleep." www.thehumansoflagos.com
cry cry
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by gentlechyke(m): 1:35am On Feb 18, 2015
TochiPhotos:
Lawd.Tis how Good minds turn sour cos of Bad people around.May God provide shelter for this young Man.Amen
#Thought:we should be grateful to God for our caring families and shelter we have cos life ain't a bed of roses.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by shilling(f): 6:54am On Feb 18, 2015
Thank you Tochi for your Lagos spin of HONY. The stories are beyond moving, and show the strength and resilience of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by shilling(f): 7:10am On Feb 18, 2015
Also, Tochi, I'll send you an email with suggestions on how to establish help for folks you take pictures of.

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
"5 years ago my girlfriend got pregnant for me, her friends tried to make her remove the baby but all the things she tried failed. Like the baby insisted he is staying. She told me later and we decided to keep it. We came from strict Christian homes so imagine how tough it was for us. We were supposed to be the good kids others look up to. It was tough But our parents later accepted us. Immediately she gave birth it brought good things and opened doors for the both us. I was searching for admission before that and after his birth I gained admission and she got her visa later and travelled abroad. He is the best thing that has happened to me... I thank God for his life everyday. I will be done with my NYSC in a few weeks and we plan to get married soon." www.thehumansoflagos.com

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2015
shilling:
Also, Tochi, I'll send you an email with suggestions on how to establish help for folks you take pictures of.
Alright and any other tips on how to improve this project. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
I'm excited to announce that Funmi Iyanda is in. God bless Mr Chude Jideowo for making it happen. Now we'll work on how to get help for those who need it.

13 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Horlawoomey(m): 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2015
Keep it up Bro, God is your strenght
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sholay2011(m): 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2015
TochiPhotos:
I'm excited to announce that Funmi Iyanda is in. God bless Mr Chude Jideowo for making it happen. Now we'll work on how to get help for those who need it.
I admire this guy!

Nice one Tochi.

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
"I was on my way home one evening, one pastor approached me, told me he has a night vigil around and needs directions to Obalende. After I directed him, he started prophesying to me, telling me things about myself and he was accurate, the one that surprised me most was when he told me about my sick mum in the hospital. After some minutes, another man joined us and he told the man the person responsible for the death of his child. The man shouted and asked the pastor what we should do. He asked the man to bring out everything in his pocket and give me then start walking to the end of the road. When the man left he told me that saving my mum lies in my hand that I should buy a polythene bag and put the things the first man gave me and empty my own pocket inside without leaving out anything and after that start singing praises from there to the end of the road and back. I believed him and handed him everything I had on me. I love my mum and would do anything to make sure she gets better. When I reached the end of the road and turned back the man has disappeared my mum didn't get better and I later learnt the 2 men work together. I still don't know how he managed to know the things he knew about me." www.thehumansoflagos.com

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Isiterere(m): 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I was on my way home one evening, one pastor approached me, told me he has a night vigil around and needs directions to Obalende. After I directed him, he started prophesying to me, telling me things about myself and he was accurate, the one that surprised me most was when he told me about my sick mum in the hospital. After some minutes, another man joined us and he told the man the person responsible for the death of his child. The man shouted and asked the pastor what we should do. He asked the man to bring out everything in his pocket and give me then start walking to the end of the road. When the man left he told me that saving my mum lies in my hand that I should buy a polythene bag and put the things the first man gave me and empty my own pocket inside without leaving out anything and after that start singing praises from there to the end of the road and back. I believed him and handed him everything I had on me. I love my mum and would do anything to make sure she gets better. When I reached the end of the road and turned back the man has disappeared my mum didn't get better and I later learnt the 2 men work together. I still don't know how he managed to know the things he knew about me." www.thehumansoflagos.com
whaooooo, This is an age long scam. welcome to Lagos. TochiPhotos, i'm still thinking of ways to meet you one day to support this laudable project of yours.

ALL IZZ WELL

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Cheechy(f): 10:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
Originalsly:
Bro you harsh! I guess you paid him a visit to know all that...if not I know devil be your guide! Did you think about advising him to change his location?..instead of making matters worse for him by discouraging others from supporting him? Hmmm....don't know why this post remond me of crabs in a bucket.

Well Said.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by quest003: 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
@tochiphotos, I know you are trying about this but the interval between your updates is just too apart, I know this is probably due to sharing your attention with other areas of need but why not try focus on this project before someone else steals your idea and gives it the required attention. Rejuvenate this journal with new update on a regular basis (@least 2 to 3 a day) and my brother see how things will go. And i also realize you update this thread at the expense of your blog which shouldnt be so. Most times you update your blog hours after updating this thread, i dont know if same can be said about your facebook/instagram/twitter etc fans page, all this should be your utmost priority though nairaland gave you the prominence, its time to look beyond that and build your brand. you can always post on as many webpage as you like but it should never be at the detriment of your personal pages. please, look into this and make amends. The sky is your limit.

8 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
quest003:
@tochiphotos,.
Thanks a lot, I will fix up.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
"There are some people who tell me, 'see, football is a waste of time, look at so so and so, see where they ended up, you better find something useful to do with your life. At times it gets to me and I start questioning myself, what if those people are right? What if I'm actually wasting my time? Then I remember all the effort and sacrifices I've made, the little glories, the unforgettable moments, the times when people come and shake my hand after a match and tell me I did well and I should keep it up. That's what keeps me going. I also like reading biographies of players who started from the the bottom and made it to the top. It makes me believe I'll get to the top one day." www.thehumansoflagos.com

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:47pm On Feb 22, 2015
"I finished school in 2009, I couldn't get a good paying job so I had to manage the one available it didn't pay much and I barely had enough to cover my transport fare. I sacrificed a lot, sometimes eating only once in a day to be able to save a little. After some time, I saved enough and opened this Barbing Salon. It's moving small small and I hope to get bigger in a few years time. I have some friends that come in my shop to hang out. I try to advice them to start something but they would rather spend all day playing sports bet and hoping to become instant millionaires." www.thehumansoflagos.com #HumansOfLagos

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
bro you've got talent and brains keep it up man....wish we could get more ppl on nl like this and those empty unreasonable threads...Men i am enjoying your stuff keep it up bruh smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by lillaowow(m): 2:32am On Feb 23, 2015
Please, do not neglect your facebook page.. Facebook has over a billion registered users worldwide.. that is more coverage than Nairaland.. you can repost the same stories here on NL to your FB page.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
"I finished my 3 months driving lesson last week. Since then I haven't been myself, every minute all I'm thinking about is driving, it's so bad that sometimes, I feel like stopping cars on the road and beg the drivers to let me drive for some minutes. I don't know if that's how it happens to everyone who just learns how to drive. I just came to the place I learnt to know if the man in charge will allow me drive their car for some minutes each day and pay a little amount till I get a driving job which was the reason I learnt to drive in the first place." www.thehumansoflagos.com

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Aspireahead(m): 7:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
TochiPhotos:
I just came to the place I learnt to know if the man in charge will allow me drive their car for some minutes each day and pay a little amount

ah ah...driving sef dey adictive?

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by peteruuu(m): 10:11am On Feb 24, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I finished my 3 months driving lesson last week. Since then I haven't been myself, every minute all I'm thinking about is driving, it's so bad that sometimes, I feel like stopping cars on the road and beg the drivers to let me drive for some minutes. I don't know if that's how it happens to everyone who just learns how to drive. I just came to the place I learnt to know if the man in charge will allow me drive their car for some minutes each day and pay a little amount till I get a driving job which was the reason I learnt to drive in the first place." www.thehumansoflagos.com
grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2015
"Wole Soyinka is my idol, I like his white hair and big big English." www.thehumansoflagos.com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2015
TochiPhotos:

Aaaawwww
Bless
...sorry to derail, but after I learnt how to drive...automatic ooo.
I was almost literally breathing driving!
I was even driving non stop, in my dreams cheesy

I sooo relate to this
God bless your, and others' hustle

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
"When we were in UNN, there was this our guy that always wore the same shirt and trouser everyday. He always depended on us to survive each semester. Some made fun of him and his dad who was the security man in the school. He was the kind of guy nobody mentioned when they talk about those that will be rich in the future. Fast forward now, he is the richest among us and everyone is now looking for a way to get his contacts and ask him to fix them up with something." www.thehumansoflagos.com

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sholay2011(m): 4:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"When we were in UNN, there was this our guy that always wore the same shirt and trouser everyday. He always depended on us to survive each semester. Some made fun of him and his dad who was the security man in the school. He was the kind of guy nobody mentioned when they talk about those that will be rich in the future. Fast forward now, he is the richest among us and everyone is now looking for a way to get his contacts and ask him to fix them up with something." www.thehumansoflagos.com
Wow! No one knows tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by josiahpaul(m): 8:43am On Feb 26, 2015
what a beautiful thread grin grin grin grin grin grin grin see as i dey laugh and enjoy myself for this inspiring thread.....God bless u tochi.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by coolestca(m): 1:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
TochiPhotos:

try driving a molue or danfo for 3 weeks and come back to testify. . .
somebody shout hallelujah. . .

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by peteruuu(m): 3:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
Oh mercy...
I'm tearful ryt now!
Truly,no one knows tomorrow !!!
cry

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
" I can't remember most of the things that happened when I was young, it's been a really long time but I remember I had a strong mind, I wasn't afraid to do anything I believed in or take risks and I wasn't easily influenced by my peers. I only did what I believe was right and I always tried to be truthful and honest in all I did." www.thehumansoflagos.com

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
Great work Tochi,

I love the fact we get a wide range of stories, its just cute hearing people's dreams and hopes and will to live.

For those who do need some help its great to know something can be done.

Just stay true to yourself, people trust you with their stories so no matter all the suggestion people give kindly keep that in mind

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (31) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.