Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) (119685 Views)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Monday Morning Inspiration From The Humans Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Ewizard(m): 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I come here to rest during my break, it's hard tho with the loud noise from cars and everything. Started this work just a few days ago, I was tired of staying at home and I want to support my husband in anyway I can" #HumansOfLagos

naw dat meks u a woman....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by hitleraldof(m): 7:42am On Jan 21, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"Uncle let's show you our pose" #HumansOfLagos #LittleHumans
i love what you are doing. keep it up its inspiring......
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
"Standard pool table is expensive so we build our own local table, in the evening all the boys come here to play and relax" #HumansOfLagos

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
"I wanted to go to university but there was no money so I had to get married, I have a daughter now she is 14, our goal is to make sure she goes to university" #HumansOfLagos

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
"I'm from Cape Coast in Ghana, I came to Lagos 2 years ago, my father has lived here for 25 years and he said its a good place to do business. I've been working in a restaurant since then and just resigned to open this shop, you are my first customer today." #HumansOfLagos

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
I opened this place yesterday, I didn't see any customer, I had to throw my food away. Today no customers yet except you. I know I just Opened and business won't boom immediately but I expected to make little sales, I'm not happy but I know things will turn around, all these successful businesses didn't make it big in a day or two so I still have hope " #HumansOfLagos

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2015
TochiPhotos:
I opened this place yesterday, I didn't see any customer, I had to throw my food away. Today no customers yet except you. I know I just Opened and business won't boom immediately but I expected to make little sales, I'm not happy but I know things will turn around, all these successful businesses didn't make it big in a day or two so I still have hope " #HumansOfLagos
Eeeya...

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by iamord(m): 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I'm from Cape Coast in Ghana, I came to Lagos 2 years ago, my father has lived here for 25 years and he said its a good place to do business. I've been working in a restaurant since then and just resigned to open this shop, you are my first customer today." #HumansOfLagos
aww!!!

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by DeCritique(m): 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
TochiPhotos:

Eeyah, I've been following this thread and liking some few photos but this particular post is the first one that has made me comment.... I love the hope this guy emanates.... I wish it were possible, I'll pack all my friends one day and come and eat there so that he will be happy at least... Thumbs up man

Tochi... Hope you left the change for him after you finished eating? smiley

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:55am On Jan 23, 2015
DeCritique:

Eeyah, I've been following this thread and liking some few photos but this particular post is the first one that has made me comment.... I love the hope this guy emanates.... I wish it were possible, I'll pack all my friends one day and come and eat there so that he will be happy at least... Thumbs up man

Tochi... Hope you left the change for him after you finished eating? smiley
His story is so touching, a lot of people have contacted me for his address which I've provided, his jollof rice is really nice. I will visit him again in a few weeks to know how things are going.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Ksslib(m): 11:05am On Jan 23, 2015
TochiPhotos:
This is so touching. I feel for him. Iam also happy that he's very optimistic as to what the future holds for his business.

Pls, those of you in Lag not too far from where this guy sells should patronise him. You get to fill your stomach and same time, help a soul. Jah bless! !

9 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Originalsly: 11:53am On Jan 23, 2015
TochiPhotos:

His story is so touching, a lot of people have contacted me for his address which I've provided, his jollof rice is really nice. I will visit him again in a few weeks to know how things are going.
Post his address here....your thread would do much more tban you can ever dream about. Love these posts.

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by heykims(m): 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
Tochi, u are touching hearts subconsciously. My top favourite is still that boy hawking oranges on the front page, and I'm always forced to check that line again and again anytime I open this thread.
Touching, well done Tochi.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
Originalsly:
Post his address here....your thread would do much more tban you can ever dream about. Love these posts.
At the end of Ajose Adeogun V.I, you turn left and walk down a bit, he is behind a recharge card seller, the place is like a mini market.

8 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
"I've been working here for years and has risen to a level with a better salary and a chance at been made a foreman then I lost my wife and had to quit for sometime. There is a way the system here works for us labourers, the longer your years the higher your salary and the chance of becoming a site foreman, once you stop working here for any reason, all your years are gone and anytime you come back you start from zero level again. That's what happened to me, I had to start from zero again after I came back. This job doesn't give you time for yourself or family, the trailer bus comes around 4am to pick us up and return late at night, no rest at all. My 2 daughters had to go and stay with there grand mother since there mum died cos I was barely at home. I'm the kind of person that says things as they are, some of the things here need to be changed and when me and my fellow colleagues talk and voice our concerns I always say my mind and say how I feel and my so called colleagues will go to my back and report me to the white man. #HumansOfLagos

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by caesaraba(m): 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
I check this thread at least 3 times daily. It`s inspiring to view people individually. That`s something we very well need in these trying times as a country. Every individual is an embodiment of unique experiences, a unique story, like a book on a shelf. Thank you Tochi for this thread. Through the struggle, the pain and the success, life is still beautiful.

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2015
"I don't understand English that much, I've just been in Lagos for 2 years, I'm from Sokoto. My oga just opened my own for me, I used to sale with him. I'm just coming out now, customers will start coming in the evening. My hair is curly but I don't use anything on it, that's how it is from birth." #HumansOfLagos

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by heykims(m): 10:45pm On Jan 24, 2015
See fine curly hair Sokoto boy..

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
"I used to sell dried fish but last year on 23rd November I was robbed on my way to buy my market in Ibadan and I didn't have any other money to continue my fish business so I started carrying load(alabaru) for people in Idumota, it's hard work and my body pains me but I take pain medicine everyday. Today is Sunday and there is no market so I sleep here and rest all day and continue work on Monday when market starts. My son is not happy I'm doing this but he just entered polytechnic and can't do anything to help." #HumansOfLagos

37 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by meritdee(m): 8:03pm On Jan 25, 2015
TochiPhotos:

This got me in tears... The struggle is real.

May God help him

9 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by peteruuu(m): 8:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hmmmmm
Nice one OP!!!

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by meritdee(m): 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I used to sell dried fish but last year on 23rd November I was robbed on my way to buy my market in Ibadan and I didn't have any other money to continue my fish business so I started carrying load(alabaru) for people in Idumota, it's hard work and my body pains me but I take pain medicine everyday. Today is Sunday and there is no market so I sleep here and rest all day and continue work on Monday when market starts. My son is not happy I'm doing this but he just entered polytechnic and can't do anything to help." #HumansOfLagos

Okay, I think I'm okay for today. Most of these stories are very difficult to take in.

Imagine what this woman is going through to make her son a better being. May she get her deserved reward in multiple folds.

Well done OP.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sholay2011(m): 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2015
TochiPhotos:
This is heartbreaking!

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by honeric01(m): 1:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
TochiPhotos:

Pls can you get access to her again?

6 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
Really nice thread, reminded me of Naptu's thread.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
honeric01:

Pls can you get access to her again?
Yea... meanwhile, a couple of people on Instagram said they'd like to contribute and help her start her fish business again, nothing concrete yet aside their comment but I hope it works out.

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
"I'm from Cameroon, they call me African man. I've been doing reggae for 15 years. My music is not online and I don't want to take it to that level yet, I need 15 more years before I will be ready for that. I currently enjoy the hustle life and going to nearby countries. I've been in Lagos for 6 months and I've been performing in street jams, bars etc." #HumansOfLagos

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by honeric01(m): 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
TochiPhotos:

Yea... meanwhile, a couple of people on Instagram said they'd like to contribute and help her start her fish business again, nothing concrete yet aside their comment but I hope it works out.

please keep me posted

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by chic2pimp(m): 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
Fredooooo u dey crase o. Why u come tag me for Serena topic without sh0wimg me her idi nla? angry angry angry angry
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by CoCoLav(f): 7:27am On Jan 27, 2015
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by CoCoLav(f): 7:32am On Jan 27, 2015
TochiPhotos:

This is touching cry
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by CoCoLav(f): 7:35am On Jan 27, 2015
UjSizzle:
Hah! So we've been showering with local mosquito nets all along undecided

Bwahahahahaha grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.