Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) (45979 Views)

13 Pictures That Best Describe Nigerian Weddings / Fabulous Photography & Video Coverage For Ur Weddings & Events (pics) / Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by Exponental(m): 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2015
the cake is big so dat after wedding during family sharing, many will receive.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by Gabrinas(m): 2:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
It‘s really a sky scrapper.
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by dechandel(f): 2:07pm On Jan 11, 2015
kilokeys:

lol.. okay o. we go try.. see d stress u r making me go thru?

lets be creative.. cant we do moin moin as cake?.. undecided
Moin moin? Let me be creative. Why not look somewhere else for a wife?
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by baybiemee: 2:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
Oluwatosean:
shocked do any1 see what em seeing?
The guy with shiny head near d cake table.
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by kilokeys(m): 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
dechandel:
Moin moin? Let me be creative. Why not look somewhere else for a wife?

oouch that hurt undecided
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by dechandel(f): 2:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
kilokeys:

oouch that hurt undecided
Now you know how it hurts to ask for moin moin in replacement for cake undecided
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by kilokeys(m): 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
dechandel:
Now you know how it hurts to ask for moin moin in replacement for cake undecided

didnt know u took weddings this seriously.. i wanted to suggest beans and bread for reception o..
or banga rice and okpa.

anyways.. ur winsh is in my command

what would u have us do?.. a similar cake or something bigger.?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by shyshally(f): 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
@harrysterol,that's not the total hight of the real cake,can't u see 'artificial spacing' in the cake?its just all decoration
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by BonaVIta(m): 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
It's a choice, its creativity, its beautiful. I like the cake.

Don't be so fast to condemn things just because that's not how it used to be. Everything changes with time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by homesteady(m): 2:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
that's GEJ's daughter wedding cake na!
Well I don't blame them for the size, she is the president daughter, her father knows many people!
So they have to make a big cake to go round to all visitors!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by pomsky: 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
emperorchedda:
This is uncalled for. All for a day event.
An event where you will surrender your life to a woman
An event that marks the beginning of a woman laying all her burden on you.
An event where a woman who's been twerking on every ddick will finally give all her cross to one innocent man

.....that's one very drab way to look at it.....almost a demented outlook. cry undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by KingEdwardI(m): 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
The first four steps of the cake starting from the base is the real cake....the rest are just for show.
Looks beautiful btw & HML!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by InvertedHammer: 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2015
/
It will be interesting to see how they will cut and eat the cake especially the uppermost segment.

Perhaps a ladder will be handy.

\

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by Gorgeous58(f): 3:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
Nah wah o,after them go share small small cake give people wen attend wedding.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by sukkot: 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
starlingbawa:
For those who have the money and can afford all the 'pomp and pageantry', why not

After all, we only have one shot at life. Why waste it being dull
Thats a lie from the pits of hell

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by ggrin(f): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
dechandel:
I should be asking both of you that question
You and Xsenga should leave me alone and work on your marriage plsss.. I aint no marriage counselor undecided grin
na xsenga again
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by darkjorse: 3:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
the cake looks like a PENIs

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by sukkot: 3:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
dechandel:
I will do more than this
So help me God cheesy
and why would you want to do more than that ? i pity ya future husband lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by ggrin(f): 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
iceberylin:

Physics n Elect
okay
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by Xsenga(f): 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
ggrin:
na xsenga again
NA UR HAND WORK BE THAT.
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by LuckyLadolce(m): 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
simdam500:

oga baje
grin
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by 7kahfe(m): 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
This one na HUNGRY MAN size Ooo, na only cake em wan serve 4 dia smh

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
starlingbawa:
For those who have the money and can afford all the 'pomp and pageantry', why not

After all, we only have one shot at life. Why waste it being dull

For your mind not being dull is making a cake that reaches the ceiling?
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by Ruvon(f): 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
Butifu nd catchy indid.wn one is blessed,he or she wld wnt to outdo odas;drby satisfying him/hersf.
Dnt c anytin wrng wt one bakin such cake wn d money is available.
No point being rigid wn d resources r available.bsidz,its once in a life tym.[/color] kiss[color=#000099]
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by tziz(m): 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2015
Jst Showed a pic of the cake to my girl n she's like-
-awwwww! Babe lets make a bigger one..
shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by starlingbawa(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=vfactor post=29698787]

For your mind not being dull is making a cake that reaches the ceiling?[/

you need to get it right and focus on the 'issue rather than on the individual'

Not being dull entails to every other aspect of human-social life and not some dumb 'CAKE' that reaches far up to the heavens!!

I wasn't referring to the cake, so don't misunderstand me!!!
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by Infoay: 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
This's cake!
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by starlingbawa(m): 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
sukkot:
Thats a lie from the pits of hell

By taking this stance, I 'WANT TO ASSUME' that 'JUST MAYBE' you have got an extra life? OR you'd come back to life again after 'YOU' die

Or is it that you didn't really comprehend the rhetoric " We only have one shot at life"?

Now, I'm curious as to which
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by starlingbawa(m): 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
peteruuu:
but this one is just too much na

Sincerely, I have to agree with you on this one! grin
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=starlingbawa post=29699347][/quote]

It's good to know how to argue logicially so that you don't get misunderstood. The discussion was about a tall cake that 'reaches the heavens'. And you made a comment abt not being dull because you have only one shot at live. Now tell me how else you want me to understand it?

Since not being 'dull' applies to all aspects of life, I'll take it to mean that in dis case, your refering to 'building' a 'cake of babel' as not being dull!
Re: Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) by IKJ66(m): 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
Unibenstudent:
Outlandish,preposterous,ridiculous,extravagant,alien, awkward, barbaric,
barbarous, boorish, clumsy, curious, droll,
eccentric, erratic, exotic, extravagant,
fantastic, far-out,foreign,freakish,gauche,graceless, grotesque, kinky*, odd,outrageous, outré, peculiar, preposterous,quaint,

queer,ridiculous,rude,singular,tasteless,ultra
,unconventional, uncouth,unheard-of, unorthodox, unusual, weird,whimsical, wild
Baba cool down...
u̶̲̥̅̊ too dey vex !!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Bridegrooms Arrested In Zaria For Violating Movement Ban Order / 14 Pics Every Nigerian Will Remember About Following Their Parents To Parties / Groom Falls Under Anointing On His Wedding Day (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.