Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? (2220 Views)

The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by OsoDupe(f): 1:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
I travelled to another town last week, I had to pay tithe to the church I attended then.In my church today, pastor said if u pay your tithe to other churches,it is a curse and you must repent. Is there anywhere in d Bible it is written thus? What my Bible tells me is to bring my tithes to the storehouses so that there will be food in His house, does it mean other churches are not the storehouses of God?
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by Numismatic(m): 1:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
My dear.. You are not even supposed to pay tithe in the first place.. All these criminal pastors!!!

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by Kylekent59: 2:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
D book of malachai said we should pay tithe
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by Numismatic(m): 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
Lol.. I knew someone will come up with that.. However read the whole of Malachi and you will understand more what the place you are quoting means.. Don't have time now. I will explain later
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by PastorKun(m): 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
OsoDupe:
I travelled to another town last week, I had to pay tithe to the church I attended then.In my church today, pastor said if u pay your tithe to other churches,it is a curse and you must repent. Is there anywhere in d Bible it is written thus? What my Bible tells me is to bring my tithes to the storehouses so that there will be food in His house, does it mean other churches are not the storehouses of God?

You bible calls tithes food yet you are using money as tithes? That in itself is twisting God's word which you know is a sin. That said, christians are not meant to tithe in any form what so ever. Tithes was directed to the children of israel and NOT the church.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by OsoDupe(f): 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
Kylekent59:
D book of malachai said we should pay tax
tax ke?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by OsoDupe(f): 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
Numismatic:
Lol.. I knew someone will come up with that.. However read the whole of Malachi and you will understand more what the place you are quoting means.. Don't have time now. I will explain later
it's best if u explain.
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by OsoDupe(f): 5:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
lomprico:

So it's the church that bless now not God anymore? or are u saying there is a different God in each church?
exactly my point o.
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by W3xy1(m): 5:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
I pay my tithe to any church where sunday service meet me. Nt mandatory that you should pay to a certain church
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by OsoDupe(f): 5:58pm On Jan 11, 2015
W3xy1:
I pay my tithe to any church where sunday service meet me. Nt mandatory that you should pay to a certain church
na so my Pastor say na curse o, immediately he said it,I rebuked it. I wonder what our churches are turning to these days, are they telling us what the Bible really teaches or they are just saying what they believe is true.
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by PastorKun(m): 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
OsoDupe:
na so my Pastor say na curse o, immediately he said it,I rebuked it. I wonder what our churches are turning to these days, are they telling us what the Bible really teaches or they are just saying what they believe is true.

If you study your bible very well you would realise that you might actually be putting your self under a curse by keeping the tithing law as christians are not supposed to keep those laws.

Galatians 3:10
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."

Galatians 5:4
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by Topgainer: 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
OsoDupe:
Whereas Churches in the villages with few members are begging that the abroad members (who were home for the December ) should divide their tithes into 2, pay a part at their center of worship in the cities and pay the other half to the village Church ACc numbers boldly displayed on the bulletin
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by Topgainer: 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
OsoDupe:
They are saying what they think will 'generate more money for God's work'. Whether by crooked laws or by outright disregard for the Bible ways and context, there must be foolish sheep to be fleeced and there will be a Bible passage to be twisted.

Please, did the Pastor abi Prophet highlight any Bible passage for that his CURSE?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by paix(m): 6:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
Na wa o. This tithing issue sef, na only papa God knows the truth.
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by tobechi74: 6:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
Pay your tithe to didferent motherless baby homes

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by OsoDupe(f): 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
PastorKun:

If you study your bible very well you would realise that you might actually be putting your self under a curse by keeping the tithing law as christians are not supposed to keep those laws.

Galatians 3:10
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."

Galatians 5:4
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

does this law/curse also covers the greatest law, loving your God and your neighbour?
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by OsoDupe(f): 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
Topgainer:

They are saying what they think will 'generate more money for God's work'. Whether by crooked laws or by outright disregard for the Bible ways and context, there must be foolish sheep to be fleeced and there will be a Bible passage to be twisted.

Please, did the Pastor abi Prophet highlight any Bible passage for that his CURSE?
He didnt o, he likened those that doesn't pay at all with those that pays to other churches, he even said we should stand up so he can pray for us, so the curse will not be on us and he told us to repent. Is it a sin again to pay tithe to another house of God?
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by OsoDupe(f): 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
paix:
Na wa o. This tithing issue sef, na only papa God knows the truth.
abi o.
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by Topgainer: 9:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
OsoDupe:
He didnt o, he likened those that doesn't pay at all with those that pays to other churches, he even said we should stand up so he can pray for us, so the curse will not be on us and he told us to repent. Is it a sin again to pay tithe to another house of God?
And did you stand up for the curse to be canceled?
I think I have to create a thread on the context of Curse where it concerns a Christian, Child of God, born into the new covenant, a joint heir with Christ, the body of Christ, who is the Head?

Except the Prophet or Pastor means spell and spell casting is done by occultic prophets a.k.a wizards to force people to do their biddings
Only God has the power to curse Christians. But there is no place for Him cursing his own in the new testament. It cost God much to redeem Christians(born again) from the curse he placed in the laws (old testament)
Please Sister, leave that assembly! That your Pastor is manipulative
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by OsoDupe(f): 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
Topgainer:

And did you stand up for the curse to be canceled?
I think I have to create a thread on the context of Curse where it concerns a Christian, Child of God, born into the new covenant, a joint heir with Christ, the body of Christ, who is the Head?

Except the Prophet or Pastor means spell and spell casting is done by occultic prophets a.k.a wizards to force people to do their biddings
Only God has the power to curse Christians. But there is no place for Him cursing his own in the new testament. It cost God much to redeem Christians(born again) from the curse he placed in the laws (old testament)
Please Sister, leave that assembly! That your Pastor is manipulative
stand up for wetin? For obeying God and paying my tithe faithfully? I did not stand up o cos I know, I was not cursed in the first place rather I am more blessed for my faithfulness.
Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by CHARLOE(m): 2:42am On Jan 12, 2015
TITHE: Biggest fraud/Ponzi scheme since creation!

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? by PastorKun(m): 6:49am On Jan 12, 2015
OsoDupe:
does this law/curse also covers the greatest law, loving your God and your neighbour?

Christ brought the Laws to end by fulfilling them. For christians the laws were summarised into two laws which is to Love God and to Love your fellow human beings(neighbours). The verses below would help you understand better:

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Romans 13:8-10

8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

(1) (Reply)

If Jesus And Mohammad Were Visible On Earth Today... / Should One Pray After Masturbation ? / The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.