Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Sam Allardyce Is New Blackburn Rovers Coach - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Sam Allardyce Is New Blackburn Rovers Coach (870 Views)

Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 / Arsenal Vs Blackburn Rovers (7 - 1) On Saturday 4th February 2012 / Blackburn Rovers Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 5th November 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sam Allardyce Is New Blackburn Rovers Coach by topeorekoy(m): 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2008
Sam Allardyce has been confirmed as the new manager of Blackburn Rovers, the club have confirmed.

'Big Sam' will now be in charge of Rovers as they host Stoke City on Saturday. The Potters are the last club Allardyce managed against - an FA Cup clash in January - at the end of his ill-fated stint as Newcastle boss.

The 54-year-old former Bolton Wanderers and Ton gaffer has inked a three-year deal, succeeding Paul Ince in the Ewood Park hotseat. Ince won just three times in 17 games.

A statement issued via the club's official website reads: "Blackburn Rovers are delighted to announce the appointment of Sam Allardyce as manager with immediate effect.

"A Press Conference will be held at Ewood Park at 4.00pm on Thursday."
Rovers are just one point above rock-bottom West Bromwich Albion in the league and will be hoping for an instant turnaround.

Allardyce initially wanted the Sunderland job, but the Black Cats have been linked with some high-profile European names and failed to make contact with eager Sam.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/742/blackburn/2008/12/17/1016630/breaking-news-sam-allardyce-to-take-blackburn-rovers-job-reports
Re: Sam Allardyce Is New Blackburn Rovers Coach by Sauron1: 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2008
Good luck to Sam Allardyce. . . .

I just feel Paul Ince was used as a scapegoat.
It's so painful the first BLACK manager in the PREM got sacked after 17 games.
Re: Sam Allardyce Is New Blackburn Rovers Coach by kaypumpin2(m): 4:37pm On Dec 17, 2008
Here comes Blackburn with the hoof-the-ball-into-the-eighteen style!
Re: Sam Allardyce Is New Blackburn Rovers Coach by A40(m): 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2008
I am not sure they would care if that helped them escape relegation besides Blackburn have never really been a free flowing football team
Re: Sam Allardyce Is New Blackburn Rovers Coach by HNIC(m): 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2008
~Sauron~:

Good luck to Sam Allardyce. . . .

I just feel Paul Ince was used as a scapegoat.
It's so painful the first BLACK manager in the PREM got sacked after 17 games.

@ Sauron
I don't think Incey was the first black manager in the Prem, except you meant Black English.
Jean Tigana managed Fulham previously.

Good luck to Big Sam
Expect more direct play from Blackeye rovers grin grin
Re: Sam Allardyce Is New Blackburn Rovers Coach by MrCrackles(m): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2008
I knew Big Sam was gonna get the job
Now m gonna take a back seat and watch if hez gonna get Blackburn off the foot of the table
! undecided
Re: Sam Allardyce Is New Blackburn Rovers Coach by akinalabi(m): 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2008
I'm a big admirer of Big Sam and I'm backing him all the way to
succeed. It's unfortunate Ince had to go that way but I'm not
too sure it surprised anyone.
Re: Sam Allardyce Is New Blackburn Rovers Coach by Sauron1: 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2008
HNIC:

@ Sauron
I don't think Incey was the first black manager in the Prem, except you meant Black English.
Jean Tigana managed Fulham previously.

Of course, i meant Black British. . . . .
Tigana, Gullit were Black managers.

(1) (Reply)

Revieve Live Foot Ball Scores As Sms (5 Free Sms Credits) / Awesome Goals (videos) / Become A Fergie, Mourinho ,Wenger Or Guardilola.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.