Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,148 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:48 AM

Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? (4712 Views)

Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion / Hypocrite Of Southerners And Brotherhood Of Northerners / Where Are GEJ And His Spokespeople? - America Cant Afford Any Gaffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by TRUTHTELA: 6:06pm On Jan 11, 2015
Why is it that majority of those that are opposing Jonathan's relection are christians from the Southern part of Nigeria. The North, just sit back and watch you guys destroy one of your own politically.

What's behind this huge opposition and uprising against Jonathan from the South and Christians ?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
Combination of things. Self hate, inferiority complex, need for acceptance, fear of the Hausas, cowardice, appeasement, poor understanding of the complexities of Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Splashme: 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
The North are much more politically mature than the South.

They rally round their own no matter how bad he may be. Remember the dyiing Yar'adua? They did everything to retain the vegetable

8 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
because tribalism and religion don't put food on the table.

39 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by eph12(m): 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
But you really can't blame the north for taking sides with their own. Nobody wants to die prematurely.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Splashme: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
eph12:
But you really can't blame the north for taking sides with their own. Nobody wants to die prematurely.

So, is Jonathan the one bombing the north?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by eph12(m): 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
Splashme:

I wish I know the answer to this question

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by zimoni(f): 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2015
We dey claim sabiness and sophistication nah.

Truly GEJ has erred a lot.

One can only vote for him if one wants to be biased like the Hausas who will always protect their own.

A Speaker seat was given to Yoruba and our people decided to give it out to Hausas for the reason best known to them. They say what was the difference when Eteh and Bank-Ole were the Speakers?

Hausas would never give out a councillorship seat to a Southerner let alone Speaker.

As far as they are concerned, it's

Fawar

Fawar

Fawar and

Fawar.

It is as if Fawar is their Oxygen. They can do anything because of Fawar.

I would have loved to vote Jonathan but he didn't perform up to expectation.

My problem with voting Buhari is the issue of "Fawar must return to the North". I hate that fvcking statement.

They should stop reminding us that Fawar Must Return To The North. It's bullshitt.

I'm just confused whom to vote out of the two Muntullars.

Let the best emerge o jarey.

The worst that may happen is post-election violence.

I don't see INEC announcing Buhari as the winner. PDP no go gree.

I hope God shall answer my prayer by allowing this country to disintegrate into pieces in this 2015 o jarey. I just wanna go my separate way o jarey.

To your tent oh Israel.

God punish devil.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Splashme: 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
For the guy above me

Do you have a voters card?
Please vote GEJ

9 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Dammy68(f): 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
Because we know the truth and we say the truth and that is why the grace of God has been sufficient for us. Shikena

3 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by F22RAPTOR(m): 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
Politically, we Southerners are weak, loyalty is dead. Even if a northern president is 'worse' than worse, his kinsmen will stand with him.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Splashme: 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
eph12:

I wish I know the answer to this question

The north are the onse bombing themselves

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by mdbissalla(m): 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
in my veiw pls,

1. right from the inception of this administration the north drew a line & turned their back on GEJ, they had never in support of him, well few northerners supported GEJ anyway, but they realised their mistake early enough & polled back.
it happened that the southern part followed GEJ massively base on religion & regionalism not on "merit" and its now they acknowladge that GEJ cant deliver them to d promise land.

2. PDP as a party has being rulling at the center since 1999 yet there is little or nothing to show as delivered by the party.

3. in life, change is constant. things changes with time, no kingdom shall remain for life-there shall be d begining & d end of EVERY human kingdom. GOD's kingdom only shall remain FOREVER & EVER.

had it been PDP conducted presidential primaries, do u think GEJ would have won?

the wind of change is blowing now, any attempt to resist it wil only cause serious pain....

11 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Adminisher: 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
jerseyboy:
Combination of things. Self hate, inferiority complex, need for acceptance, fear of the Hausas, poor understanding of the complexities of Nigeria.
CORRUPTION IS WHY.
Lack of inferiority complex is exactly why we are voting Buhari. We dont think the north is superior so we doht feel desperate to return a clueless corrupt southerner into office.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by wwwkaycom(m): 6:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
Splashme:

Google is your friend Bros
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by babadee1(m): 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
Christianity is not by mouth please. GEJ claims to be a Christian but he has not governed like one, so I don't think he is really a Christian at all. I would rather have a honest Muslim in Aso Rock than a lying Christian.

19 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Vicotex(m): 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
Splashme:

They rally round their own no matter how bad he may be. Remember the dyiing Yar'adua? They did everything to retain the vegetable
ab0ki have their choices and we the southerners have ours.
Dont you know how long the southerners have been feeding the north with our oil money?
They need more food on their table that's why they need a leader from the south

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by juman(m): 7:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
Because his performance is not good enough to get second term.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Adminisher: 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
Splashme:

The north also had a richer history of radicalism than the south. IBB went into a mosque years ago and they took away his shoes. Not stolen, just taken away to spite him and send a message. Northern radicals included; Aminu Kano, Bala Islam, Balarabe Musa (who unfortunately now has turned tribalism), many more.
Their universities were hot beds of anti establishment activism which governments since the IBB regime refused to deal with. I don't think they are necessarily tribalist, Abiola won hands-down in the place against a fellow Muslim.
The big problem for everybody is that this 50 year old radicalism has now been given a religious coloration and heaped upon the vehicle of Jihadism for its actualization.
Southerners are westernized shallow middle class people who want to read, learn a trade or do some business and live a 'normal' life. I think we need some depth in the south, life is more than making a living. A Christian should join social awareness groups, do missionary work, get serious about political mobilization. Most importantly get tough on government and demand accountability. The only "big woman" doing this now is Oby Ezekwesili and the level of criticism impugning her motives have been heavy.
If southerners had protested strongly against Good luck during fuel subsidy scam, immigration service interview deaths and many other corrupt activities, Jonathan would have gotten the message and self corrected for the good of everybody. Not criticizing your own man is destroying him. Even Asari Dokubo takes Jona to the cleaners for whatever reason you may suggest at least it keeps the man on his feet.
Now Jona is making stupid statements on the stump, the latest being what Yorubas would call a "ki lagbe, ki leju" statement supporting lower punishment for small cases of stealing and no supporter is calling him out.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
OP

Who are the southerners ??

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
Tribalism and religious bigotry, the bane of national development.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by oduastates: 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
Men.
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
Splashme:

The north are the onse bombing themselves
True the north are the ones bombing themselves. In any society, majority of the crimes are committed by members of that society. Arm robbers are mostly from the community they rob, so are the kidnappers, the hire killers etc. Should the police fold their arms and wacth because some members of the society are killing others?

Recently boko haram raze down Baga, killing about 2000 people, what has GEJ said about it? Boko harams can kill any northerner because they too are northerners.

Statistics has shown that if a girl is raped or a man is killed, it it mostly done by people close to them, that those not mean the police should say “na dem dem, make they kill them self he no concern be“?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by macof(m): 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
Because the North will always support their own, no matter what...they have the born to rule mentality

As fit South, especially Yorubas...sadly Yorubas are politically illiterate. Check history since 1960, Yoruba have been pushed around only Obasanjo resisted such

3 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Adminisher: 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
ilugunboy:
OP

Who are the southerners ??

My brother thank you.
Most groups in north central today are cousins to Ibos in terms of origin.
Oyo empire was originally a Savannah empire and northern Kwara and kogi states were part of its centre, resistance to Jihad progressively drove the constantly changing capital of that empire downwards with military divisions taking up the former capitals. I don't really know who southerners are.
Nigerians want the same thing for government, perform, don't divide us and don't steal our children's money.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Buttocks: 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
Because Yoruba people are born saboteurs.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Adminisher: 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
macof:
Because the North will always support their own, no matter what...they have the born to rule mentality

As fit South, especially Yorubas...sadly Yorubas are politically illiterate. Check history since 1960, Yoruba have been pushed around only Obasanjo resisted such

Yorubas moved for independence, resisted Abacha, lost families and wives. June 12 was Yoruba, all political radicals in the south, Gani Fawehinmi, Fela, Falana, Wole Soyinka, Tai Solarin were Yorubas. In the South in terms of radicalism we also had Ijaws like Adaka Boro, Saro Wiwa, even this misguided Asari Dokubo and the now corrupt Tom Polo have been resisters.
Kindly furnish me any other southern tribes apart from Yoruba and Ijaw who have resisted the establishment in Nigeria?.
I need you to mention any Ibos who have ever done this?.

If you say Nzeogwu, I will educate you by saying Nzeogwu was essentially a Hausa radical officer, the troops he used to kill Sardauna were all Hausa troops which reinforces all I have been saying against those who think Hausa Fulani people are dumb followers of aristocrats.
So in all these radical political movements in Nigeria where we're the Ibos?. I will tell you where they were, they were trading and making money.

10 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by reezee: 7:51pm On Jan 11, 2015
vote based on perfomance not religion or tribe

3 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by reezee: 7:51pm On Jan 11, 2015
vote based on perfomance not religion or tribe
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by macof(m): 7:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
dcaliph:

True the north are the ones bombing themselves. In any society, majority of the crimes are committed by members of that society. Arm robbers are mostly from the community they rob, so are the kidnappers, the hire killers etc. Should the police fold their arms and wacth because some members of the society are killing others?

Recently boko haram raze down Baga, killing about 2000 people, what has GEJ said about it? Boko harams can kill any northerner because they too are northerners.

Statistics has shown that if a girl is raped or a man is killed, it it mostly done by people close to them, that those not mean the police should say “na dem dem, make they kill them self he no concern be“?

And what have northern leaders done about their immediate problems?
GEJ to blame when the Northern leaders are mute

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
dcaliph:
because tribalism and religion don't put food on the table.

@TRUTHTELA
this one na....

[size=18pt]T.K.O[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by superstar1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2015
TRUTHTELA:
Why is it that majority of those that are opposing Jonathan's relection are christians from the Southern part of Nigeria. The North, just sit back and watch you guys destroy one of your own politically.

What's behind this huge opposition and uprising against Jonathan from the South and Christians ?

So we must support him just because he is a southerner and a christian, despite its obvious lack of leadership qualities.

Can you allow GEJ to be the head of your clan, talkless of the entire extended family?

The president that told us Mend was not responsible for Abuja bombing, woke up suddenly to.tell us again that they were paid to kill him.

Took presidency 2weeks to admits girls were missing in Chibok and has he visited there, as the C-in-C of this country?

Under him, National Reserve was depleted, corruption was turned to a god that is being worshipped?

If this is what being a southerner and Christian entails, then I do no want to be one.

I demand effective, charismatic, inspiring and visionary leadership.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. / Southeast "BAKASSI" Group To Trail Fulani Herdsmen. / At ₦145/L Price, Nigerians Buy One Of The Cheapest Petrol In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.