Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Missed Period - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Missed Period (5044 Views)

10 Surprising Facts About Breasts You May Have Missed / Most Common Reasons For Missed Period / Causes Of A Missed Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missed Period by shameless: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2006
could pregnancy be the only causes of missed period? do anybody know, done the home thingy but is negative although i used a medicine which made me to gain weight but when i stopped it i missed my period.
Re: Missed Period by iice(f): 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2006
Stress too can cause ya to miss, you could go check with the doc to make sure
Re: Missed Period by Oracle(m): 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2006
Well from what i know, you miss it when you're loaded or heavy
never heard of any other thing that'll make a girl miss her time
Re: Missed Period by Bobbyaf(m): 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2006
There are some medications that can lead to a hormone shift, which can lead to irregular menstrual cycles. I once helped a young lady who missed her cycle for about 5 years. I placed her on a nutrition program, together with lifestyle changes that helped to balance her hormones, and in two weeks which would normally have fallen within her cycle, she experienced normalcy.

More than half of the problems that people encounter, can be solved using nutritional and lifestyle changes. Most of my clients use a special brand of whole food supplements, that I supply, along with dietary changes, and voila, improved health.

I could share some experiences with you that will make you say "wow", but thats for another time.
Re: Missed Period by shameless: 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2006
i dont mind @bobbyaf
Re: Missed Period by Bhola(f): 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2006
There is a thread, where doctors on NL, give advice. You can ask your question there and you can be sure to get professional answers. Most of what you'll get here, is people tellling you what they think.

Just my 5 kobo.
Re: Missed Period by edygirl(f): 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2006
Hi sweety, if you think there's is a possibility that you might be pregnant, then go do a pregnancy test but if not then you shouldn't be worried.some medicines can disrupt your period so you might as well check and see what the side effects of that medicine you took are. Again stress can shift your period back and forth. Not feeding well too could cause it. So hun don't be so disturbed about it just watch it, if it goes beyond two wks then you might as well go see your physician.
Re: Missed Period by nikinash(f): 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2006
pcos can cause irregular periods
Re: Missed Period by omogenikky(f): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2006
Oracle:

Well from what i know, you miss it when you're loaded or heavy
never heard of any other thing that'll make a girl miss her time

You have "never heard". Talk about publicizing one's ignorance.
There are several medical conditions that can make a girl miss her period e.g. thyroid imbalances, stress, taking new medications, taking certain types of birth control, a major change in your lifestyle, rapid weight gain or loss, taking weight loss/gain pills, too much exercise, heavy smoking etc.
There are loads of things that could cause missed periods and you may have to see your doctor so that he/she can do some elimination and pin down exactly whats wrong with you.
And if its just one period that you have missed, there might really be nothing wrong with you.
Re: Missed Period by omogenaija(f): 3:24am On Aug 26, 2006
sometimes we just miss our period , just because we miss it
but if ur sexually active go to ur doctor and he can confirm if ur pregnant

and no need to scar u , but when taking ur pregnancy test also test for any STDs

i wish u the best
Re: Missed Period by Oracle(m): 3:29am On Aug 26, 2006
omogenikky:

You have "never heard". Talk about publicizing one's ignorance.
There are several medical conditions that can make a girl miss her period e.g. thyroid imbalances, stress, taking new medications, taking certain types of birth control, a major change in your lifestyle, rapid weight gain or loss, taking weight loss/gain pills, too much exercise, heavy smoking etc.
There are loads of things that could cause missed periods and you may have to see your doctor so that he/she can do some elimination and pin down exactly whats wrong with you.
And if its just one period that you have missed, there might really be nothing wrong with you.

you're a girl and you're meant to know it.
so what the hell is the publicizing one's ignorance for?
do you expect me to go do a research on what makes girls loose their periods?
i just made a contribution, girl.
Re: Missed Period by edygirl(f): 4:58am On Aug 26, 2006
Hi girlfriend,
                  You never came back to tell us if you had seen your period again. I hope you have sweety. Like I said, if it was your first time and you are sure it is not pregnancy, then relax your mind, don't worry you will eventually see your period. Before I forget, another thing that can cause AMENORRHEA, absence of menstral cycles, in a female, is the hypersecretion of prolactin so girl like I mentioned before, check the side effects of that med you took and you could go see your physician as well if that is not your first time missing it. You have my best wishes girl.
Re: Missed Period by Babybee(f): 12:18pm On Aug 27, 2006
a change of environment can also cause it.
Re: Missed Period by naijacutee(f): 10:16am On Aug 28, 2006
Stop having sex so you can rule that out next time
Re: Missed Period by edygirl(f): 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2006
naijacutee:

Stop having sex so you can rule that out next time
story
Re: Missed Period by naijacutee(f): 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2006
If you own your body and your body doesnt own you, then I"d say its possible
Re: Missed Period by sammyjl(f): 1:47pm On Jan 05, 2007
No, pregnancy aint the only cause of one missing your periods.

Maybe what u used for the weight thing is the cause, but see your doctor to be sure and check if u r pregnant.

I have a cousin who can go up to 6 months without any period and no, she aint pregnant and has visited the clinic to find out y. They just told her its the way she is. So don't be so alarmed, just make sure all is good, by seeing your doc.
Re: Missed Period by eslynera(f): 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2007
damn!!! i wish i was your cousin. grin
Re: Missed Period by brensbee22(f): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2007
eslynera,why would you wish yopu missed your period?
Anywayz,there are so many reasons why a girl will miss her period.
Side effect of some kinda drugs,hormonal imbalance,regulation of preiod,
stress,enviroment,
there are loads of things that causes amenorrhea,but you want to
rule out pregnancy first before anything,dats if u are active.
Re: Missed Period by eslynera(f): 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2007
do u think u like your p's?? dont' you think they get you goin a bit sick?? undecided
Re: Missed Period by iice(f): 3:43am On Jan 11, 2007
eslynera i feel you, if i could do away with the damn thing, i would. Stressful ish grin
Re: Missed Period by brensbee22(f): 9:11am On Jan 11, 2007
Well we know your period makes you sick,but not all the time.and the flow
gives you the feeling of a real woman.
Re: Missed Period by iice(f): 8:16am On Jan 12, 2007
Gawd shocked validation! Vonderful! undecided
Re: Missed Period by oluite(f): 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2007
Stress or being seriously sick or some kind of drugs could cause missed periods apart from pregnacy of course.Maybe u need to relax ,dont tak drugs to lose weight and see a doctor.

(1) (Reply)

Overseas Treatment: FG Moves To Create 5-Star Hospitals / Where Can I Get Total Cure For Staphylococcu / COVID-19 Update For September 3 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.