Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Dear In-laws, Where's My WIFE? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear In-laws, Where's My WIFE? (4703 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Dear In-laws, Where's My WIFE? by ifyalways(f): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2015
StanleyDivine:

Your assumptions baffle logic. I ve known her for 4yrs + and I lived with her for almost 2yrs. The parents had a year to find at whateva "sinister" u assumed before approving the wedding. How then did u come to the conclusion that they acted promptly? Could u please explain how I cud ve cajoled them into allowing the marriage?

Problem started when my father-in-law, after the wedding, asked me to sleep-over in his place against the tradition of going home with my wife and my people refused to concede. He flared up,locked up my wife and has been insisting on calling off the union.
@Emboldened, very strange,I have never heard of such a tradition but did you make an effort to find out why , ask him?

Maybe it was late and he felt you could sleep over undecided

Anyhow,its weird your wife,a grown up lady would allow/let her parents decide her fate for her. I think its best you move on .

2 Likes

Re: Dear In-laws, Where's My WIFE? by shitshappen(m): 9:20am On Jan 29, 2015
StanleyDivine:

I'll excuse the subtle insult and feminist reasoning.

What "bad behaviour" or "mental illness" could have led to this after about 5 years of dating? We lived together for about 2 years before the proposal and the parents had about a complete year to find out all they could about me. The marriage was approved and blessed by the parents, only for them to make a u-turn just few hours after the event.

I brought this to the public domain to seek for advise and solution from experienced and mature minds, after internal ADR has failed. Tanx.

You mean she came to your place and performed wifey duties every weekend for fives years , after which you two cohabited for another two years?
Bros you only paid for the seven years you have used, now go back and pay for the rest of her life. Trust me she will be released. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair / Letter To My Son / Woman Jailed For Getting Raped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.