Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) (51891 Views)

Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride / My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by PapiWata: 10:38am On Jan 12, 2015
These pictures document the complete overhaul of Nigeria's rail network by the Goodluck Jonathan government.

This dramatic reintroduction of rail travel as a safe, quick and comfortable means of public transportation highlights yet another quiet triumph of the current administration, whose point man, Goodluck Jonathan will EASILY vanquish all presidential contestants pushed forward by the desperate opposition in the upcoming elections of 2015.

12 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Ezemust: 10:41am On Jan 12, 2015
gists:

Can you sincerely point to one thing gej did in otueke since he started working before he became deputy gov. Note I said otueke not Bayelsa
fg university is located at otueke

7 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 12, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
But he cancelled Lagos metro line project.
Nah ,he didn't cancel it. Not giving approval doesn't equate to cancelling.
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 12, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
If you want to go to Enugu through Port Harcourt with train, then come to their station tomorrow before 7am. Take bus to Port Harcourt main town, stop at station bus stop, then ask and trek inside the compound.
thanks pal, though my trip is for Sunday buh I'd follow ur directive. i hope they have train service on Sunday, is their website up-to-date? can I book my ticket online? soo many questions. Thanks in anticipation of ur reply.
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by PhockPhockMan: 10:50am On Jan 12, 2015
olrotimi:
don't be misinformed,he didn't cancel it. Not giving approval doesn't equate to cancelling. Get your grammar right.
Would he have made the disapproval if the project was in Kaduna, Kano or Katsina?

NO TO BUHARI.

14 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by 1destinychild: 10:59am On Jan 12, 2015
old train refurblish
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by vanunu: 10:59am On Jan 12, 2015
legendsilver:
I like this train and will like to enter one someday. Pls o, is there any railway line from Lagos to Akure,Ondo, Akungba, Edo, Bayelsa and delta? If yes, then I will vote for GEJ but if no, abeg Sai Buhari.
Reason being that the #Buhari I know will do more within 3years, trust me.

A $12billiom dollars contract has has already been awarded by oga jona to a chinese firm to link all the major cities in nigeria with modern railway line
Work has already started. The contract is the biggest job that any chinese firm will due outside china .

17 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by holatin(m): 11:00am On Jan 12, 2015
lukecent:
#GEJ TILL 2019
see you little boy, celebrating coal train in this century.
he tried but this is not enough to change our mind from the undeveloped and unkempt promise.

buhari until taniod accept change is needed

2 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by gabby4u4(m): 11:00am On Jan 12, 2015
Outdated trains and rail systems. Irritated by this govt.

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 12, 2015
Gej the locomotive president.
That's what you will remembered for...

You did your best dude, but now it is time for you to go back to Bayelsa and rest..

Go and spend your money and enjoy your life..

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by kajoula(m): 11:03am On Jan 12, 2015
legendsilver:
I like this train and will like to enter one someday. Pls o, is there any railway line from Lagos to Akure,Ondo, Akungba, Edo, Bayelsa and delta? If yes, then I will vote for GEJ but if no, abeg Sai Buhari.

is he a magician?

11 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by chukwudubemfelix(m): 11:04am On Jan 12, 2015
Wot am seeing is shops
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by diasporaman(m): 11:05am On Jan 12, 2015
The problem we have in Nigeria is lack of maintenance culture. In 2-3 years time the whole system will collapse. Obasanjo reignited the railway transport in 1999. I boarded it from Kaduna to Kano during my first trip to the North

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by PerfumeRepublik: 11:05am On Jan 12, 2015
In Anambra state at the moment , will definitely do Enugu to PH in that train soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by ajealadick(m): 11:05am On Jan 12, 2015
spyder880:
I bought this first class ticket for N1050.00, cash.

how come your ticket says it N6:20k. is this not a fraud in the making?
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by PhockPhockMan: 11:07am On Jan 12, 2015
olrotimi:
thanks pal, though my trip is for Sunday buh I'd follow ur directive. i hope they have train service on Sunday, is their website up-to-date? can I book my ticket online? soo many questions. Thanks in anticipation of ur reply.
You know Port Harcourt /Enugu route just started, they're running two times a week, I don't know if they've increased it. You pay cash at the station and pick ticket.

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by gists: 11:07am On Jan 12, 2015
vanunu:

A $12billiom dollars contract has has already been awarded by oga jona to a chinese firm to link all the major cities in nigeria with modern railway line
Work has already started. The contract is the biggest job that any chinese firm will due outside china .

Good! "Now you are talking." This was exactly what I said when I read the report last year. When that project is completed/functioning, we will assess/compare it with what is available in other countries and praise the administration accordingly. Until then, sorry. I cannot give praise for this kind of trains when at least $10b is missing and our gov. feels unconcerned and even hides the report by pwc.

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by html14java(f): 11:09am On Jan 12, 2015
Abeg, keke man, stop! Stop !! Stop!!! Abeg I wan enter train.

Na this thread I dey wait for

2 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by dBard: 11:10am On Jan 12, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
If you want to go to Enugu through Port Harcourt with train, then come to their station tomorrow before 7am. Take bus to Port Harcourt main town, stop at station bus stop, then ask and trek inside the compound.

Is there a route through to Uyo?
Would love to experience a train journey when next I visit.
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 12, 2015
That's good, abeg hep me book two first class ticket for oga jona & mama p for their journey back to otuoke comes may 29.
GMB15

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by talk2cj08(m): 11:13am On Jan 12, 2015
legendsilver:
How old are u?

4 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by iiichidodo: 11:14am On Jan 12, 2015
This here is one of the hallmarks of this Admin and I don't see how Nigerians will want to go back to those who reduced this once enviable institution to rubble and bankruptcy álà Nigerian Airways, National theatre. ..Bar beach and National Stadium et al..GEJ till 2019.

5 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Ramnon2: 11:14am On Jan 12, 2015
By accepting cash rather than a card/ticket system upon online purchase, they end up enriching the thieving rail workers. Half of the money will go into private pockets. Then soon they will run it down again. Useless, corrupt public servants. Kudos to the govt for this.

4 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by PassingShot(m): 11:15am On Jan 12, 2015
papaejima1:

Can you sincerely point to one thing Buhari has achieved or done in Daura since 1985.

Note I didn't say Katsina, just Daura.

Has Buhari been an elected official since 1985? Or you expect him to use the 10% he collects from his monthly allawee to do it?

No matter how you spin it, GEJ IS A FAILURE. You are here celebrating mediocre achievement in the face of unprecedented monies they have spent.

3 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by silenthor1: 11:18am On Jan 12, 2015
Wow!!! Surely,my next travel will be by rail not air any more grin
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by sokera: 11:18am On Jan 12, 2015
papaejima1:

Can you sincerely point to one thing Buhari has achieved or done in Daura since 1985.

Note I didn't say Katsina, just Daura.
he built 3 refineries. Make your research ...
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by uscofield: 11:19am On Jan 12, 2015
@OP, How much is Enugu to PortHarcourt? do you have the idea of the take off time?
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Ventura1: 11:20am On Jan 12, 2015
Obasanjo started the rail revival, but the Yar'adua/GEJ admin stall the project. The same project Obj awarded for $8.3b is what GEJ awarded for $12b after spending several billions rehabilitating old track.

Obasanjo’s $8.3b Rail deal unsettles Yar’Adua
http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20080319201221zg/sections/other-peoples-essays/obasanjo-s-8-3b-rail-deal-unsettles-yar-adua/

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by PhockPhockMan: 11:21am On Jan 12, 2015
dBard:

Is there a route through to Uyo?
Would love to experience a train journey when next I visit.
Not yet. At least to my knowledge.
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by ozopili: 11:22am On Jan 12, 2015
spyder880:
Hello Nigerians, train services has resumed in the Enugu - Port Harcourt lines. I decided to travel by train to have and share my experiences of travelling on train and compare same with my travels on road.

Enjoy the pictures.

The train station, beside a first class coach.......

pls were is their station in p h i have be wating to use it to Enugu but can't get hold of it... and hw does it operate...
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by sokera: 11:25am On Jan 12, 2015
Some people don't know what is expected from a federal government. we need a mega projects from them not a project that ordinary Lagos state government would get done in just 2 years . We need mega projects, every region of the country need world class rain system, uninterrupted electricity,good roads linking all region of the country together , drinkable water expecially in the rural area, and security . Federal government as been failing us since 1999. Let us kick out PDP and try something new . We are tired of bad governance from the PDP.

2 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by bxcode(m): 11:25am On Jan 12, 2015
gabby4u4:
Outdated trains and rail systems. Irritated by this govt.
If all the administrations before GEJ had done something on this sector even if its 5% each, are we going to be talking of outdated trains in the 21st century
At times we Nigerians don't even know the direction we ought to channel our angerundecided

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obituary Of Two Brothers Who Died In Ghastly Motor Accident In Anambra (Photos) / Can This Truly Happen In Lagos - Photo / 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.