Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt (47366 Views)

A Pie Chart Showing The Pattern Of Buhari's Appointments / GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Other Past Nigerian Leaders At Council Of State Meeting Abuja / Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 13, 2015
MissMeiya:

I get extremely pissed off by unrepentant stupidity.

You never jam . the hallmark of team gej

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by ptolemy247(m): 6:47am On Jan 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by NavierStokes(m): 6:48am On Jan 13, 2015
if only you will subject the data of that website to reason. look beyond the period in question and run your own critique of the data taking different years, pre and post independence, civil war, oil boom etc., before you make an assessment.
Moreover not all of us will accept data hook, line and sinker just because it is coming from some website. For belief it must be subject to verification (that is the creed of science)

obailala:

The beginning of ignorance is when we arrogantly believe we know it all and therefore refuse to do a simple verification...

Have you considered what the exchange rate was in the period in question?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 13, 2015
NavierStokes:
if only you will subject the data of that website to reason. look beyond the period in question and run your own critique of the data taking different years, pre and post independence, civil war, oil boom etc., before you make an assessment.
Moreover not all of us will accept data hook, line and sinker just because it is coming from some website. For belief it must be subject to verification (that is the creed of science)

NavierStokes:
Trying to make us believe that nigeria was spending 1 billion dollars on defense in 1984. This woman must think we are very stupid. I wouldn't even bother to verify this nonsense.

Ibime:

The Navierstokes abi na Bernoulli equation missed the part that said 'adjusted to today's prices' ie inflation-adjusted.

Does he even know what "inflation-adjusted" means? Doubtful. Someone tell him that $1 billion in 1990 is not equal to $1 billion in 1984. Chart reading skills. Are lacking.

3 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by NavierStokes(m): 7:02am On Jan 13, 2015
Lacking? thanks
MissMeiya:

Does he even know what "inflation-adjusted" means? Doubtful. Someone tell him that $1 billion in 1990 is not equal to $1 billion in 1984. Chart reading skills. Are lacking.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 13, 2015
NavierStokes:
Lacking? thanks

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by knoph2007: 7:10am On Jan 13, 2015
This could be very correct as exchange rate was very reasonable then. Buhari 2015.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by NavierStokes(m): 7:11am On Jan 13, 2015
I already said thank you, Pls.
[quote author=MissMeiya post=29744106][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by danies1941(m): 7:42am On Jan 13, 2015
Alleybuy:
Abike haba 541 jets, lol...why not cross check the website before posting lies

According to her link after the purported 541 Aircrafts bought by Buhari (1984-1985)

IBB regime added additional 201 (1986-1993). . .

Abacha added 20 (1994-1998)

Obasanjo added 94 (1999- 2007)

Yar Adua before he died added 231 (2007-2010)

GEJ added 20 ( 2011- 2013)

It is even more shocking that the Buhari regime bought more Aircrafts than the USA (398) despite stories of how broke we were that even warranted salient projects like the Lagos Metroline truncated . . .

It is not out of place to doubt the factual authenticity of the site with the glaring realities on ground . . . . Where are

Nigerian budget (1980 - 1986) //// Recurrent expenditure //// Capital expenditure
1980. //// 4.085 billion naira. //// 10.163 billion naira
1981. //// 4.846 billion naira. //// 6.567 billion naira
1982. //// 5.506 billion naira. //// 6.417 billion naira
1983. //// 4.750 billion naira. //// 4.885 billion naira
1984. //// 5.827 billion naira. //// 4.100 billion naira
1985. //// 7.576 billion naira. //// 5.464 billion naira
1986. //// 7.696 billion naira. //// 8.526 billion naira

How much out of our 4 billion naira capital expenditure was used to buy 986 million US dollars worth of aircraft and missile air defense systems in a time of peace with "jovial and peace-loving"neighbor countries.

A federal legislator who should know better should not descend to this ludicrous level of ignominy.

Bros e-do some research na. Dollar was 80 kobo in 1984. 1 billion naira was N800 million.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Themandator: 7:52am On Jan 13, 2015
Alphaoscar:
Another GEJ/Pindipi lie bursted!!!

God bless Nigeria as we peacefully return GEJ to Otuoke and usher in the man of integrity (Buhari) to the throne.

The most unintelligent counter propaganda ever. Where is Buhari's defence minister?

This change is here to stay.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by danies1941(m): 7:53am On Jan 13, 2015
One of the greatest problems of Nigeria is that we are not taught history in schools.
Every prep school student in the UK (age 8 to 12) can not only tell you all the Kings and Queens of England from William the Conqueror in 1066 to Queen Elizabeth the 2nd-but also the names of all the major players in English history-Oliver Cromwell who beheaded Charles the 1st in 1649, Prime Minister Chamberlain who was deceived by Hitler and any Grade school student in America can not only tell you all American Presidents-they know who General Marcathy was and why the USA entered world war 2. My neigbours 14 year old son here in Lagos does not know General Bissla was, has never heard of Colneal Dimka not Mamman Vatsa and does not know who Kaduna Nzeogwu was. He doesnt even know who the current Minister of Mines and Power is.

This lack of history reveals itself when people dont even remember that the Naira was exchanging 80 kobo to a dollar in 1984 and was still strong until 1986 when IBB devalued the naira to please the IMF-thats when the Naira started exchanging for N10 to a dollar.

Thats why I laughed when Governor Akande sacked all history teachers in Osun in 1999. And i was in Science class in secondary school.

A people who dont know their past-can not prepare for the future. A people who dont know their history will continue to make the same mistakes over and over.

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by bashydemy(m): 8:07am On Jan 13, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Unfortunately this question is meant for you to answer
Hmm i have make my reseach and find that to be truth, But you as a person cannot make research but listen to pay master, The clueless otuoke who just spew rubbish during campaign not knowing he is doing himself more harm than good and also campaigning for the opposition.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by MrOrioye(m): 8:11am On Jan 13, 2015
vantage7:
[size=14pt]Please people, that is not the number of equipment purchased rather the amount spent on them in millions of dollars! Can't you see they add up to the monetary total boldly written beside?[/size]

EDIT: After doing some research, I found this on the internet:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2021939_19872524page001_jpeg6aa34587956b3550eef29f71b5bfc08e
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2021942_19872524page001a_jpega34173a30db6ebb848cb676544707b4e

Original link: http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1987/1987%20-%202524.html

I think that settles this matter, not necessarily in terms of the exact figures, but that Buhari certainly purchased a hell of a lot more than a single rifle during his tenure.

#IAmForTruth

[size=28pt]Now we know who lied....this is not photoshopped people. Its from the archives.

#TeamBuhari2015 #GMB2015 #NigeriaDecides2015[/size]

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by MrOrioye(m): 8:19am On Jan 13, 2015
[size=13pt]Uncle Jo didn't actually lie. He said that because that's what he was told by his crew. This guy hasn't learnt, he needs to always confirm what they tell him before opening his big mouth in public. See who will surfer misinformation now sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad[/size]

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by bobchigar(m): 8:37am On Jan 13, 2015
Ngwakwe:
Was Abike Dabiri the military personnel that received those items or is this part of the repackaging campaign meant to deceive the gullible.

Just like saying Godswill Akpabio built Ibaka Sea port when history is written in 30 years time

Buhari is contesting for the President and still alive to refute the allegations or remain silent as a sign of acceptance.

One doesn't have to be military before one could know the facts, the information are there for those who want to know the truth. Meanwhile GMB can not be wasting his precious time attending to this kind flimsy allegation leveled against him, the records are there. Sry to say, advice GEJ to always think before he talk and you should stop blindly following his words, he is a liar
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by caselessogbuagu: 8:37am On Jan 13, 2015
NavierStokes:
Trying to make us believe that nigeria was spending 1 billion dollars on defense in 1984. This woman must think we are very stupid. I wouldn't even bother to verify this nonsense.
illiterate , how much was dollar against naira in 1984?
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Atmmachine(m): 8:38am On Jan 13, 2015
MissMeiya:

Delete it.
I have
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Luchitec(m): 8:48am On Jan 13, 2015
Information about the order and delivery periods for these military equipment are clearly indicated...so i wonder the need for these unnecessary insults and arguments.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by NavierStokes(m): 9:08am On Jan 13, 2015
Illiterate? because I question the absurdity of the figures mentioned?
Anyways at least I can show my certificates, and it seems a much better case than the "seemingly literate" one who decides to subject himself to the leadership of an illiterate.

Get to work this morning, my friend.

One of the Holy books says "its an aberration when princes walk on foot and servants ride on horses".

caselessogbuagu:
illiterate , how much was dollar against naira in 1984?

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by obailala(m): 9:18am On Jan 13, 2015
NavierStokes:

My dear, the reason behind this thread was to simply proof that GMB bought at least a single rifle as against the shameful verbal outbursts of GEJ. Except you are still shamefully insisting (just like Gej) that Nigeria didnt buy a single rifle in 1984, It makes no sense for me to start undergoing intensive research to get exact figures.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by NavierStokes(m): 9:23am On Jan 13, 2015
You are right bro, if you say so, but we should both know that certain statements are political, and shouldn't be taken literally. I for one didn't care if a rifle or 100 rifles had been bought, but we shouldn't start throwing senseless data around.

every one speaks figuratively and we shouldn't be like the pharisees and sadducees who were hell bent on getting what the Man Jesus was going to say so as to use against him. Have a very good day Sir
yours truly,
N.S

obailala:
My dear, the reason behind this thread was to simply proof that GMB bought at least a single rifle as against the shameful vituperations of GEJ. Except you are still shamefully insisting (just like Gej) that Nigeria didnt buy a single rifle in 1984, It makes no sense for me to start undergoing intensive research to get exact figures.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by vantage7: 10:05am On Jan 13, 2015
obailala:
My dear, the reason behind this thread was to simply proof that GMB bought at least a single rifle as against the shameful verbal outbursts of GEJ. Except you are still shamefully insisting (just like Gej) that Nigeria didnt buy a single rifle in 1984, It makes no sense for me to start undergoing intensive research to get exact figures.

Exactly!
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by kentosman(m): 10:21am On Jan 13, 2015
i really took my time to go through every post in this thread and i must say that i really admired the courage and stance put up by MissMeiya. You rarely find ladies that argue brilliantly like her around..

Disclaimer: I am not rooting for any of the two major contestants ooo! I only enjoy fights like this on Nairaland...
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by caselessogbuagu: 10:54am On Jan 13, 2015
NavierStokes:
Illiterate? because I question the absurdity of the figures mentioned?
Anyways at least I can show my certificates, and it seems a much better case than the "seemingly literate" one who decides to subject himself to the leadership of an illiterate.

Get to work this morning, my friend.

One of the Holy books says "its an aberration when princes walk on foot and servants ride on horses".

if u did not take into consideration the value of naira to dollar at that time and, thought it will be unrealistic to spend $1billion on defense, then you have displayed so much for your literacy .
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Orikinla(m): 10:59am On Jan 13, 2015
Alphaoscar:
Another GEJ/Pindipi lie bursted!!!

God bless Nigeria as we peacefully return GEJ to Otuoke and usher in the man of integrity (Buhari) to the throne.

This change is here to stay.
[size=18pt]LEST WE FORGET, GMB ALSO FOUGHT AGAINST ISLAMIC TERRORISTS IN THE NORTH IN 1984.[/size]
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 13, 2015
kentosman:
i really took my time to go through every post in this thread and i must say that i really admired the courage and stance put up by MissMeiya. You rarely find ladies that argue brilliantly like her around..

Disclaimer: I am not rooting for any of the two major contestants ooo! I only enjoy fights like this on Nairaland...

Unfortunately, I didn't do anything admirable in this thread. I lost my temper. But thank you.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by emmatok(m): 11:40am On Jan 13, 2015
MrOrioye:
[size=13pt]Uncle Jo didn't actually lie. He said that because that's what he was told by his crew. This guy hasn't learnt, he needs to always confirm what they tell him before opening his big mouth in public. See who will surfer misinformation now sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad[/size]

Are you joking, irrespective of who advised him, he lied.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by blasterman(m): 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Intelligence always overcome stupidity

Thanks Abike for schooling agents of cluelessness

Sai Buhari

Nigerians want a strong man that can make decisions

They want a President that can understand that STEALING IS CORRUPTION.

neither will i trust wit my life
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by docadams: 12:56pm On Jan 13, 2015
Eziachi:

Your best argument would have been to publish a counter stat to compare. Dismissive without any statistical backup is not a reasonable type of a defense.
Until then we will rely on this one. I think this APC guys has realized that replying the president utterances is not worth it because it seems that Jonathan is campaigning for APC rather than himself every time he opened his mouth.
Jonathan is campaigning like he is the opposition, which is odd.
The opposition supposed to be reactionary and on the defense, rather it had been the other way round.

Most responses in this thread against the posted stat make me feel that just kicking out GEJ from Aso Rock won't be enough. Some people need to be kick out of there stupidity and if they refuse to change should be kicked out into the ocean for sharks to feed on. Imagine Ng wake raising doubt over a $1b dollar defence budget in the early 80's. Back then there was proper budgeting usually based on short, medium, and long term plan. Total federal budget then hover around N10 -12b. The military had the larges chunk which elicited some complaints.
The military was well equipped then from continuous purchase of hardware. Compare to the rag tag army that we have now many will yearn for the return of that era.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
docadams:

Most responses in this thread against the posted stat make me feel that just kicking out GEJ from Aso Rock won't be enough. Some people need to be kick out of there stupidity and if they refuse to change should be kicked out into the ocean for sharks to feed on. Imagine Ng wake raising doubt over a $1b dollar defence budget in the early 80's. Back then there was proper budgeting usually based on short, medium, and long term plan. Total federal budget then hover around N10 -12b. The military had the larges chunk which elicited some complaints.
The military was well equipped then from continuous purchase of hardware. Compare to the rag tag army that we have now many will yearn for the return of that era.

Education is a serious problem in Nigeria. SERIOUS problem.

Re: sharks
I once proposed a fatal virus that targets stupidity. If only. There are too many ídiots holding Nigeria back.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by jpphilips(m): 2:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
hansad:
Nigeria's neighbours are friendly countries; so why purchase too much arms?

To fight and kill Boko Haram people? Are they not humans? Their sin is that they want a country ruled with sharia codes Is that a sin? No.

12 far northern states adopted such sharia codes in 2000. Those states effectively drew the border between their new country and rest of Nigeria.

Witness the mammoth crowd that welcomes Boko Haram fighters into any town they conquer.

How can you make a comment like that? If you want a sharia state, why don't you lobby at the national assembly to get it, why do you need to blow up women and children to fuel your ambition?
Are you by any chance related to Ojukwu in the SE?

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by jpphilips(m): 2:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
abbey621:
I don't know if the figures are true or not but one thing is clear, a military general will always spend more on defense and military arms than a civilian government. It would be dumb to suggest that Buhari never bought a rifle or equipped the military when we all know that the military back then was 10 times as strong as it is now.

This opinion count for something

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria / Dean Hurlock: Nnamdi Kanu Was Not Arrested In The UK / Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.