Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN (95046 Views)

Postgraduate Students Sponsored By NDDC Protest Against Injustice (pics, Video) / Profile Of The New VC Of NOUN – Prof Abdalla Uba Adamu / Discover The New Method Of Payment Of NOUN School Fees with RRR code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Jsmile(m): 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2015
BornSad:

Bro, my work no even gree me know wetin I dey do again. I pray I am able to cope with the two.

You can help with TMA's here if you wish. We can deliberate on stuffs together.

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
Jsmile:

Got it.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Jsmile(m): 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
Bornsad am a new student of MIT, what level are you now ? can I have your contact so I can call you up ?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2015
Jsmile:

Bornsad am a new student of MIT, what level are you now ? can I have your contact so I can call you up ?

Hello Jasmil,

I am running my MSc. program in Information Technology and it's actual a one-session program so I kind of find it a bit hard addressing your question as regards my level.

You sure can contact me as you have obviously done already. I have responded to your mail.

Regards. smiley
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Jsmile(m): 7:37am On Feb 27, 2015
BornSad:

Hello Jasmil,

I am running my MSc. program in Information Technology and it's actual a one-session program so I kind of find it a bit hard addressing your question as regards my level.

You sure can contact me as you have obviously done already. I have responded to your mail.

Regards. smiley

I was meaning to ask what semester are you, talking about past questions if you have come across any, I will appreciate a share
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Gabbyswit(f): 9:34am On Feb 27, 2015
I want to start my msc in noun but am yet to be mobilized for nysc. will i be grant admission without my transcript ...
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 27, 2015
Jsmile:

I was meaning to ask what semester are you, talking about past questions if you have come across any, I will appreciate a share

I've replied to your mail. We can take it from there.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 27, 2015
Gabbyswit:

I want to start my msc in noun but am yet to be mobilized for nysc. will i be grant admission without my transcript ...

Your question is ambiguous, dear.

You said you haven't yet gone for service and then you're asking if they will take you without transcript. I don't understand how your academic transcript relates to NYSC.

NYSC gives NYSC certificate, schools give academic transcript. These two are independent of each other so which are asking if they'll take you without?

Whichever, yeah, you can start registration without both. But transcript will be required later.

Regards.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Gabbyswit(f): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
Thank you for the reply.. I was asking two questions at once. I meant to ask if i can be granted admission without my nysc certificate. I know so schools demand transcript so was wondering if they request for transcript too
BornSad post=3113 2042:

Your question is ambiguous, dear.

You said you haven't yet gone for service and then you're asking if they will take you without transcript. I don't understand how your academic transcript relates to NYSC.

NYSC gives NYSC certificate, schools give academic transcript. These two are independent of each other so which are asking if they'll take you without?

Whichever, yeah, you can start registration without both. But transcript will be required later.

Regards.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
Gabbyswit:

Thank you for the reply.. I was asking two questions at once. I meant to ask if i can be granted admission without my nysc certificate. I know so schools demand transcript so was wondering if they request for transcript too

Owk, I get.

Guess my initial response has addressed your questions.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ishilove: 12:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
BornSad, please among the screening requirements they are expected to bring among other things, three copies of the 'application page'. Where do we get this application page from?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 06, 2015
Ishilove:
BornSad, please among the screening requirements they are expected to bring among other things, three copies of the 'application page'. Where do we get this application page from?

This is a print out of the form you filled and submitted online
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by liliangmail(f): 9:53am On Mar 09, 2015
Wats d cgpa requirment for PG? how many yrs is invol? Can smone b admitted into300L with her Bsc?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Wagasigiungu(m): 11:06am On Mar 09, 2015
BornSad:
A couple of threads which serve to enlighten the public about the National Open University of Nigeria was created in the recent past. These threads went a long way to achieve the end goal. In the course of this, a lot of people, most of whom were prospective undergraduate students of the university, had the opportunity to ask their questions and got their answers.

However, considering the fact that the threads were undergraduate oriented, the few prospective or new Msc students could not get adequate answers to their questions. This, coupled with the need for the MSc students to know and probably get acquainted with one another, has led to the creation of this thread.

This thread, therefore, serves as a platform where new/prospect MSc students of the school could come and help one another in any way possible, and also serves as an avenue for those within the same area or field of study to get acquainted with one another.

Please, drop your questions, answers, suggestions, advices, or what have you!

Mods can help too.

Good a.m bro. Nyc thread. Really came across it @ d right time. Also interested in the MSc Info Tech programm. Was offered admission for MPA (Public Admin) last year but i am yet to start. I am thinking of changing it to MSc IT. Dont know if thats possible however. Will like to give it a trial. But what ever the case is, IT is the way. Sent u a mail. Awaiting ur response pls. Thanks. Lets keep this thread active and informative. Thumbs up
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jojomario(m): 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
kevoh:

Wait are u in info tech(Msc) too ?
pls, assist me with past questions Msc infotech first semester if any. teebooz2011@yahoo.co.uk
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by kevoh(m): 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
jojomario:
pls, assist me with past questions Msc infotech first semester if any.
Sent
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nimarias(m): 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
NOUN NOUN NOUN...National Open University of
Nigeria.welcome to NOUN. Where you come in as a nobody but
graduate as a somebody.
-probably as a computer illiterate but graduate with vast
knowledge of the computer.
-there is no bribing in the University.
-no short cut to pass.
-there is very low room or zero tolerance for examination
malpractices.
-NYSC very sure.
-there is no room for laziness.
-no time to waste.
-no strike to waste our precious life.
-relatively cheap.
-Access to all Federal/ State and cooperate body scholarship
-no room for awaiting result/statement of result but graduate
and get your certificate/Degree immediately.
- all courses accredited by NUC (confirmed)
*many frustrated Nigerian students is now hopeful for higher
education.for admission into National Open University of
Nigeria. Contact Mr Excellent 07069707740 or 08138248703,
note!!! Jamb is not needed
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jojomario(m): 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
kevoh:
Sent
thanks.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by kevoh(m): 7:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
jojomario:
thanks.
You welcome. Pls, remember what I said about my mail.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
Wagasigiungu:

Good a.m bro. Nyc thread. Really came across it @ d right time. Also interested in the MSc Info Tech programm. Was offered admission for MPA (Public Admin) last year but i am yet to start. I am thinking of changing it to MSc IT. Dont know if thats possible however. Will like to give it a trial. But what ever the case is, IT is the way. Sent u a mail. Awaiting ur response pls. Thanks. Lets keep this thread active and informative. Thumbs up
Hello,

I have responded to your mail.

Note that the criteria for accepting student into MSc InfoTech is different from that of Pub Admin. You can only switch if you meet these criteria.

Regards.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jojomario(m): 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
kevoh:

You welcome. Pls, remember what I said about my mail.
yh.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Wagasigiungu(m): 11:19am On Mar 16, 2015
BornSad:

Hello,

I have responded to your mail.

Note that the criteria for accepting student into MSc InfoTech is different from that of Pub Admin. You can only switch if you meet these criteria.

Regards.
Yeah. Didnt receive ur e mail though. Just went to see d director of NOUN dutse centre. Was told i hv to do a PG in info tech 1st cos my course is nt related. Will put in fr dat. Tnx
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 17, 2015
Wagasigiungu:

Yeah. Didnt receive ur e mail though. Just went to see d director of NOUN dutse centre. Was told i hv to do a PG in info tech 1st cos my course is nt related. Will put in fr dat. Tnx

Yeah, that's exactly my point.

You are welcome.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Eteo: 9:59am On Mar 17, 2015
Thanks for opening this thread.

I have been considering getting a masters degree from NOUN. You said something about being sure of qualifications before applying so one s 7k doesn't waste...please I want to do MPA and I I have a degree in agricultural economics and a PGD in economics. Both with CGP above 3.5, please do u think I stand a chance?

Do they have a full time and part time programmes?

How long does the programme last?

Will one be required to write a thesis?

Are there PHD programmes as well?

Abeg no vex for the plenty questions...help a sister out.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 17, 2015
Eteo:
Thanks for opening this thread.

I have been considering getting a masters degree from NOUN. You said something about being sure of qualifications before applying so one s 7k doesn't waste...please I want to do MPA and I I have a degree in agricultural economics and a PGD in economics. Both with CGP above 3.5, please do u think I stand a chance?

Do they have a full time and part time programmes?

How long does the programme last?

Will one be required to write a thesis?

Are there PHD programmes as well?

Abeg no vex for the plenty questions...help a sister out.

Hello, good morning.

First of all, it is a basic requirement that one must have the minimum credits needed to secure and undergraduate admission into the field he wants to go for masters. To be clearer, since you want to go for Masters in Public Administration, you should ensure you have the minimum number of credits needed to gain admission as undergraduate student assuming you were going for your first degree in Public Admin.

Second requirement states that your first degree must be related to your choice of Masters or you'll be required to go for PGD in a related field first. Now, I am a science student so I wouldn't know how related your previous degrees are to your prospective field if interest. Another thing that could make you go for PGD first is if your CGP were not up the minimum required in your first degree.

Finally, I suggest you visit a study centre for clarifications from your prospective school of study as regards how related the fields in question are before registering online. Though, other options will be available for you with your degrees.

There is nothing like a fulltime or part time program. It is an OPEN university and therefore maintains its own unique approach to university education.

The program is extremely flexible, you have a minimum of two semesters but depending on the number of courses per semester, this could be extended.

Yes, there are PHD programs as well and of course, every degree program requires a thesis.

Far from being vexed. I opened the thread, remember.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Eteo: 11:20am On Mar 18, 2015
[quote author=BornSad post=31701435]
Hello, good morning.
First of all, it is a basic requirement that one must have the minimum credits needed to secure and undergraduate admission into the field he wants to go for masters. To be clearer, since you want to go for Masters in Public Administration, you should ensure you have the minimum number of credits needed to gain admission as undergraduate student assuming you were going for your first degree in Public Admin.
Second requirement states that your first degree must be related to your choice of Masters or you'll be required to go for PGD in a related field first. Now, I am a science student so I wouldn't know how related your previous degrees are to your prospective field if interest. Another thing that could make you go for PGD first is if your CGP were not up the minimum required in your first degree.
Finally, I suggest you visit a study centre for clarifications from your prospective school of study as regards how related the fields in question are before registering online. Though, other options will be available for you with your degrees.
There is nothing like a fulltime or part time program. It is an OPEN university and therefore maintains its own unique approach to university education.
The program is extremely flexible, you have a minimum of two semesters but depending on the number of courses per semester, this could be extended.
Yes, there are PHD programs as well.
Far from being vexed. I open the thread, remember.
Regards.[/quot

Thank you so very much!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ayulah01: 5:02am On Mar 29, 2015
Hi bro, please whats the maximum credit load of courses one can register. i mean there are some elective courses too. how many should one add?
And again please any idea of the school fees?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 02, 2015
Ayulah01:

Hi bro, please whats the maximum credit load of courses one can register. i mean there are some elective courses too. how many should one add?
And again please any idea of the school fees?

The maximum number of credit load differs. Contact your school of study for further clarification.

Scroll up and see where I explained how school fees is calculated per semester. If I have time, I'll paste here later.

Good morning.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 02, 2015
Good Morning All,

Sorry for my absence of recent. I guess you all know why already; it's exam period for us all. I, therefor, want to use this medium to wish you all well in your remaining papers!

Have a nice day ahead.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Admissnandjobs(m): 9:29am On Apr 02, 2015
Passing JAMB does not in anyway
guarantee Admission. Just imagine
How beautiful it would be if
Passing JAMB means automatic
admission into your university of
choice just as it was in those days.
While depending on JAMB for
admission may be successful at
times but most times, It is usually a
frustrating and a life wasting process
that anybody seriously searching for
Admission would prefer an
alternative to. There is an
alternative, a credible one at that.
IJMB is a Direct Entry programme
very
much similar to a pre-degree
programme that is used to gain
Direct Entry Admission in to most
universities in Nigeria, i.e. 200L
Admission. While IJMB can be slightly
difficult, at Winners Academy, we
ENSURE you succeed by all means
and MOST IMPORTANTLY, that you
gain admission with your result
because the aim of any examination
at this level is to get Admission not
just to pass the exam.
Succeeding at the exam without
securing admission at the end is
tantamount to a wasted effort, that is
why OUR EMPHASIS is your
ADMISSION, not exam success.
Registering for IJMB with WINNERS
ACADEMY is registering for your
Admission because that is what we
specialize at.
While it is always necessary to have
your doubt because we live in a
fraudulent Nigeria, It would be
complete foolishness to disregard
this opportunity without VERIFYING it
especially if you really need your
Admission.
To get started and for more Info, Call
or whatsapp 08162682361
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by macuwon(m): 3:30pm On May 10, 2015
Please i have a few questions, am currently having hnd in mass communication, am hoping i can do a straight masters, but if not .
1. Can i do pgd in ICT
2. Am rounding off nysc by july, so when should i apply?
3. What is the minimum duration for pgd
4. Can I use the pgd from noun to run an msc in another school?

Please respond, and any tips and advice would be appreciated
cc bornsad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) / Best Polytechnic In Nigeria / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.