Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:40 PM

A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN (94647 Views)

Postgraduate Students Sponsored By NDDC Protest Against Injustice (pics, Video) / Profile Of The New VC Of NOUN – Prof Abdalla Uba Adamu / Discover The New Method Of Payment Of NOUN School Fees with RRR code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by afelouz(m): 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hi All, Please I have HND in computer engineering with upper credit, i will like to know if i can enroll for Msc information technology or i need to do pgd first? Someone told me i can do masters but i dont know how true.
Your response will be appreciated. Thanks!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Bflexing(m): 6:48am On Aug 22, 2015
BornSad:

I never knew about that, really.
Yes...I went to a brand office and they told me to go pay for form, only for me to register and was declined. I was told at the HQ that statistics is not accepted,just maths...don't know y anyway as they are d same family
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by bellras(m): 9:25am On Aug 22, 2015
Timothy3113:
bro med as in medicine or medical lab science

Master in Education ,M.ed
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by IFELEKE(m): 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hello House, Happy Weekend!
Please I have a quick question, Can one do M Sc in Public Administration with a B Sc in Business Administration&Mgt.?

Cc BornSad, jboixxx
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by smatarmy: 6:19pm On Aug 22, 2015
Thank you for this information. Pls can someone apply for PhD with the MSc information technology in NOUN. I mean PhD in other conventional universities in and outside Nigeria. Pls if you can mention specific or related examples, it will go a long way in helping.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by wableo: 12:22am On Aug 23, 2015
smatarmy:
Thank you for this information. Pls can someone apply for PhD with the MSc information technology in NOUN. I mean PhD in other conventional universities in and outside Nigeria. Pls if you can mention specific or related examples, it will go a long way in helping.

No. MSc in Info Tech is professional, so it is terminal. You cannot use it to proceed to PHD in any university including NOUN. I stand to be corrected.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by hooged: 9:33am On Aug 23, 2015
Good am bornsad, I'm an hnd older in agriculture engineering , although I graduated 2008, what are the courses I can easily apply for as a pgd student or undergraduate
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by yak(m): 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
I think m.Sc info Sc is academic.d professional shld b MIT. n MSc can proceed for PhD in any institution
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 24, 2015
IFELEKE:

Hello House, Happy Weekend!
Please I have a quick question, Can one do M Sc in Public Administration with a B Sc in Business Administration&Mgt.?

Cc BornSad, jboixxx

Yep...
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 24, 2015
Bflexing:

Yes...I went to a brand office and they told me to go pay for form, only for me to register and was declined. I was told at the HQ that statistics is not accepted,just maths...don't know y anyway as they are d same family

Obviously, Maths is more related. Hope you get another cool choice, bro.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 24, 2015
hooged:

Good am bornsad, I'm an hnd older in agriculture engineering , although I graduated 2008, what are the courses I can easily apply for as a pgd student or undergraduate

You can do your PGD in any agric-related course. You can take a look at their list of available courses for PGD
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 24, 2015
wableo:

No. MSc in Info Tech is professional, so it is terminal. You cannot use it to proceed to PHD in any university including NOUN. I stand to be corrected.

Corrected: Msc InfoTech is an academic masters in technology and can precede PhD and DTech in any institution. The professional masters is MIT. The name InfoTech should not be misleading, any tech course like Biotech, Food Science and Tech, MedTech etc sounds as such but Msc in any of these courses still remains academic and could lead to their respective PhD/Dtech programs. Professional masters don't usually have MSc attached to it e.g. MBA, MPA, MIT etc....

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by wableo: 8:40am On Aug 24, 2015
BornSad:

Corrected: Msc InfoTech is an academic masters in technology and can precede PhD and DTech in any institution. The professional masters is MIT. The name InfoTech should not be misleading, any tech course like Biotech, Food Science and Tech, MedTech etc sounds as such but Msc in any of these courses still remains academic and could lead to their respective PhD/Dtech programs. Professional masters don't usually have MSc attached to it e.g. MBA, MPA, MIT etc....

Info Tech is MSc in Inforation Technology right? What is MIT? Same things? Both academic?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by IFELEKE(m): 10:12am On Aug 24, 2015
BornSad:

Yep...
Thanks Bro!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by afelouz(m): 11:54am On Aug 24, 2015
afelouz:
Hi All, Please I have HND in computer engineering with upper credit, i will like to know if i can enroll for Msc information technology or i need to do pgd first? Someone told me i can do masters but i dont know how true.
Your response will be appreciated. Thanks!!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Bflexing(m): 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2015
BornSad:

Obviously, Maths is more related. Hope you get another cool choice, bro.
none bro as the only masters they have for science student is MIT, and that's what i want
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by yak(m): 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2015
[quote author=afelouz post=37280867][/quote]

I think u will need a PGD b4 u can proceed. but all d same u can walk into any NOUN study centers n get informed information.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 10:25am On Aug 25, 2015
As earlier advised, you need to go through PGD, just like conventional institutions.
[quote author=afelouz post=37280867][/quote]
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2015
wableo:

Info Tech is MSc in Inforation Technology right? What is MIT? Same things? Both academic?
MSc. InfoTech is Academic degree while MIT is Professional. If you intend getting PhD in InfoTech or any related course, MSc is your choice, else MIT.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by truvine(m): 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
PLEASE, I need help here.
i have paid into my wallet.
i want to register for courses but the add course botton is not clicking or thereabout\
i just dont understand.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
truvine:
i want to register for courses but the add course botton is not clicking or thereabout\
i just dont understand.
Could be network or course registration has elapsed! If you are still experiencing this glitch, visit any nearest NOUN study centre for assistance.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by truvine(m): 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
jboixxx:

Could be network or course registration has elapsed! If you are still experiencing this glitch, visit any nearest NOUN study centre for assistance.
Thanks boss
Have scale through that just now.
Perhaps network as you say.
Pls, lemme have your number /email
Got many other things to ask..
Thanks a bunch
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2015
jboixx@etisalatng.blackberry.com don't pm but send me a direct mail.
truvine:

Thanks boss
Have scale through that just now.
Perhaps network as you say.
Pls, lemme have your number /email
Got many other things to ask..
Thanks a bunch
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by udysweet(f): 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
Please can I also send you a mail on this? I just need to ask questions to clarify some things. God bless
jboixxx:
jboixx@etisalatng.blackberry.com don't pm but send me a direct mail.

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
udysweet:
Please can I also send you a mail on this? I just need to ask questions to clarify some things. God bless
pls do.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by wableo: 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2015
jboixxx:

MSc. InfoTech is Academic degree while MIT is Professional. If you intend getting PhD in InfoTech or any related course, MSc is your choice, else MIT.

MIT differ from masters in information technology? I taught they are the same.
Lest I forget I can't find GST807 in the site. Somebody said is the same as GST101 is it true? What about EPL101 is it also a course? Then added it to my courses.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 11:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
wableo:

MIT differ from masters in information technology? I taught they are the same.
Lest I forget I can't find GST807 in the site. Somebody said is the same as GST101 is it true? What about EPL101 is it also a course? Then added it to my courses.
GST 807 is same with 101 and 701; Ά̲̣̣̣̥ℓ̊ℓ̊ r Good Study Guide. EPL101? Premier League??! Don't mind me! I don't know. Just search for D̶̲̥̅̊ title @ D̶̲̥̅̊ e-courseware page.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Peters25(m): 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
I like to suggest for a group whatsapp chat for MSC infor tech PH Study Center guys.

Who is with me?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2015
wableo:

MIT is professional...... terminal smiley
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
truvine:

i just dont understand.

Contact IT ASAP!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by wableo: 10:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
BornSad:

MIT is professional...... terminal smiley
Full meaning of MIT please

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by wableo: 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
Peters25:
I like to suggest for a group whatsapp chat for MSC infor tech PH Study Center guys.

Who is with me?

Yes. But Msc info tech in all centres in one group will be better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply)

Rough Guide Of The Best & Most Reputable Universities In The UK / Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) / Best Polytechnic In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.