Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,363 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN (94969 Views)

Postgraduate Students Sponsored By NDDC Protest Against Injustice (pics, Video) / Profile Of The New VC Of NOUN – Prof Abdalla Uba Adamu / Discover The New Method Of Payment Of NOUN School Fees with RRR code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 3:05am On Sep 05, 2015
wableo:

Thank you. So I can do without electives throughout the duration of the program? What is the maximum units to attain before graduation? I applied with Bsc though from elect/ elect
My advice of you dropping your Elective courses was in context. Just for ds semester due to your tight schedule. It's not advisable not to register elevtives as "they safe a-rses", enrich your knowledge & transcripts and some must be reg'd to attain min graduating unit. Electives are not really Electives in some cases! Example is: MSc IT has 6 Electives (3/semester), 1st semester TCU is 20 units, 2nd sem TCU is 22units and expected min unit load per semester for d prog is 20units! Tell me, how would any student graduates without, at least, reg 5 Electives, +1 as "surety" in case?!
So, you CAN'T do without E status courses.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 3:21am On Sep 05, 2015
wableo:

Thank you. So I can do without electives throughout the duration of the program? What is the maximum units to attain before graduation? I applied with Bsc though from elect/ elect
For Underg, I do not know only dt DEs' differs from fresh (starting from 100L students); PGDs & MSc differs by Schools/Progs.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ladipodeal: 5:49am On Sep 05, 2015
Got an offer into MSc Information Technology, planning to register Dec due to closeness of examination. What am I suppose to do? Wait Till Dec before verification and registration
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ladipodeal: 5:50am On Sep 05, 2015
Got an offer into MSc Information Technology, planning to register Dec due to closeness of examination. What am I suppose to do? Wait Till Dec before verification and registration?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Kcbellz: 8:45am On Sep 05, 2015
I have a science background. a bsc in Environmental biology. I have an intention of picking an MBA in financial management/pub admin as I currently work in a bank. would this fly or would I be required to do a PGD first?.. note: Have already purchased the form and currently filling out my details online, a prompt response would be appreciated.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 11:29am On Sep 05, 2015
Kcbellz:
I have a science background. a bsc in Environmental biology. I have an intention of picking an MBA in financial management/pub admin as I currently work in a bank. would this fly or would I be required to do a PGD first?.. note: Have already purchased the form and currently filling out my details online, a prompt response would be appreciated.
No need to ask again. Nevertheless, MBA is professional, so you should be offered d admin.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 11:33am On Sep 05, 2015

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Kcbellz: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
are u saying I should go ahead and apply for MBA in pub admin directly?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by wableo: 12:14am On Sep 06, 2015
jboixxx:

My advice of you dropping your Elective courses was in context. Just for ds semester due to your tight schedule. It's not advisable not to register elevtives as "they safe a-rses", enrich your knowledge & transcripts and some must be reg'd to attain min graduating unit. Electives are not really Electives in some cases! Example is: MSc IT has 6 Electives (3/semester), 1st semester TCU is 20 units, 2nd sem TCU is 22units and expected min unit load per semester for d prog is 20units! Tell me, how would any student graduates without, at least, reg 5 Electives, +1 as "surety" in case?!
So, you CAN'T do without E status courses.
From your explanation, I deduce these: If I drop the electives now I have to do them later. It means I may not finish in a two semesters.
The only reason I will drop them is if they won't delay my program cos I want to finish as soon as possible. If by doing them now will let me finish in two semesters, I ll find all means to read and pass them.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by fid1m: 8:28am On Sep 06, 2015
Gudday frnds,
Pls houx any exam success tips...
Bornsad and co. Pls help
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
fid1m:
Gudday frnds,
Bornsad and co. Pls help
shocked
Read & understand. Past question papers & ilearn "test-on" helps too.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 07, 2015
Pls wen can i apply for Msc in NOUN,Wen will they start anoda session so dat i can apply for M.sc in PublicAdmin or M.sc in EducationAdmin.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Anas4sure(m): 7:39am On Sep 09, 2015
[quote author=BornSad post=29738261]A couple of threads which serve to enlighten the public about the National Open University of Nigeria was created in the recent past. These threads went a long way to achieve the end goal. In the course of this, a lot of people, most of whom were prospective undergraduate students of the university, had the opportunity to ask their questions and got their answers.

However, considering the fact that the threads were undergraduate oriented, the few prospective or new Msc students could not get adequate answers to their questions. This, coupled with the need for the MSc students to know and probably get acquainted with one another, has led to the creation of this thread.

This thread, therefore, serves as a platform where new/prospect MSc students of the school could come and help one another in any way possible, and also serves as an avenue for those within the same area or field of study to get acquainted with one another.

Please, drop your questions, answers, suggestions, advices, or what have you!

Mods can help too.[/quote.....hello mr bornsad,am a guy who is very much interested in NOUN Msc prog bt i av some que 2 give me an insight 1.as it is belive dt d minimum cgpa 4 msc is 2nd class lower nd since in most sch it start frm 2.4 to 3.4 so @wat range of cgpa do NOUN admit candidate nd is transcript nt required nd how can i knw der diff course of study
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
wableo:

Please clarify more on the issue of electives. Thank you

OK, here; some courses are labelled electives and naturally, this should imply you might drop them if you want. but this is not always the case as you have a minimum credit unit you must achieve per semester to graduate and if the courses you have chosen do not add up to this minimum unit, then you have to keep picking the electives until you meet up. In some cases, you will find out that the so-called electives are not really electives cause the credit unit constraint might require that you choose them all or you might find yourself doing three semesters instead of two; a lot of people had this problem. In IT, for example, you have to do all the courses in the first semester to meet up with the credit limit, even the so-called electives. In a nutshell, electives are only optional if you have gotten up to your minimum credit limit requirement for the semester. Good?

Some of us do all the courses though.... just to have a falling ground in case.... grin
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
wableo:

I think we are the one that suppose to thank you for creating this thread. Congratulations on your success. Seriously speaking i am afraid when i see people complaining here that they had F in a course but now you have boost my moral. Are you through with your program now?

I wish! I only finished my first semester... Yeah, people do fail of course. It is normal, lol. But I believe it's all about determination... not easy given all the distractions. I did 8 courses; 7 alphas and 1 beta....
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ladipodeal:

Got an offer into MSc Information Technology, planning to register Dec due to closeness of examination. What am I suppose to do? Wait Till Dec before verification and registration?

Yeah, bro....
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2015
fid1m:

Gudday frnds,
Bornsad and co. Pls help
shocked

lol... You've got to read, bro. Past questions are great too. Then the questions at the end of each unit in the course materials.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2015
JIBOSKI437:

Pls wen can i apply for Msc in NOUN,Wen will they start anoda session so dat i can apply for M.sc in PublicAdmin or M.sc in EducationAdmin.

You can apply now and register in December.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
Anas4sure:

Transcript is not really a necessity during registration.

You can get the different courses they offer online. Here:

Home » NOUN Courses » 2015/2016 NOUN Undergraduate & Postgraduate Available Courses For Admission
2015/2016 NOUN Undergraduate & Postgraduate Available Courses For Admission

Are you searching or seeking for more detailed information about the National Open University of Nigeria – NOUN undergraduate and postgraduate courses Available For the 2015/2016 Admission?

We have here with us, the current updated lists, which contains all courses which have been approved by the school senate for 2015/2016 academic session.

So therefore, using this medium, the NOU.org.ng team, wishes to inform and notify all members of the general public, especially, all interested applicants, who are seeking for admission into the National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) for 2015/2016 admission session, that the list of programmes available at the institution for Undergraduate and Postgraduate has been released and published online, here on Nou.org.ng;
School of Science and Technology:

Postgraduate
MSc. Information Technology
PGD. Information Technology
PGD. Digital Communication
PGD. Mobile (Wireless) Communication Technology
PGD. HIV/AIDS
PDG. Agric and Extension
Undergraduate

BSc. Mathematics
BSc. Computer and Mathematics (Combined Hons)
BSc. Computer Science
BSc. Data Management
BSc. Communications Technology
BSc. Agricultural Extension and Management
BSc. Nursing Science
BSc. Community Health
BSc. Environmental Science and Resource Management (ESM)
BSc. Financial Mathematics
BSc. Physics
BSc. Chemistry
BSc. Biology
School of Health Sciences:

Postgraduate
PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management
Undergraduate

B.Sc. Community Health
B.Sc. Dental Technology
B.Sc. Environmental Health
School of Agricultural Sciences:

Undergraduate

B. Agric. Agricultural Economics and Agro Business
B. Agric. Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
B. Agric. Animal Science
B. Agric. Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
B. Agric. Soil and Land Resources Management
B. Agric. Crop Production and protection Sciences
Postgraduate

PGD Agricultural Extension and Management
School of Law:

Undergraduate

LLB (Law)

Postgraduate

PGD Legislative Drafting
School of Education:
Undergraduate

Science Education
B.Sc. (Ed.) Agricultural Science
B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology
B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry
B.Sc. (Ed.) Integrated Science
B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science
B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics
B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics
B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education
Arts & Humanities Education

B.A (Ed.) Early Childhood Education
B.A (Ed.) English
B.A (Ed.) French
B.A (Ed.) Primary Education
Postgraduate

Education (PGDE)
Dist. Edu (PGDDE)
M.Ed. Educational Administration and Planning
M.Ed. Science Education
M.Ed. Educational Technology
Ph.D Educational Administration, Educational Planning, Educational Technology, Mathematics Education, Science Education.
School of Management Sciences:

Undergraduate

B.Sc. Cooperatives Management
B.Sc. Entrepreneurship
B.Sc. Accounting (in Collaboration with ICAN)
B.Sc. Hospitality Management

Postgraduate

PGD Financial Management, Public Administration, Business Administration
Master of Public Administration (MPA)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Science Public Sector Management
Master of Science Public Administration
Master of Science Business Administration
School of Arts and Social Sciences:

Undergraduate

B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies
B.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
B.Sc. Mass Communication
B.A. English
B.A French and International Relations
B.A Christian Theology
B.A Islamic Studies
B.Sc. Political Science

Postgraduate

PGD in Criminology and Security Studies, Journalism and Mass Communication, Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution, Christian Theology.
M.Sc. Mass Communication
M.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
Ph.D in English (Language/ Literature)
Centre for Life-Long Learning and Workplace Training:

Certificate Programmes
Proficiency Certificate in Call Centre Skills, Mobile Phone Repair
University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
Computer Literacy
Dental Office Practice
Arabic and Islamic Studies
Christian Theology
French
Hotel and Catering Management
Business Administration

Diploma
Business Communication
Entrepreneurship
Financial Management
Marketing
Medical Office Practice
Arabic and Islamic Studies
Christian Theology
French
Hotel and Catering Management.

A lot of things affect admission so I suggest you visit a study center for more clarification before proceeding with the application. Also, I have this:

For Master degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recongnised by the Senate of the NOUN. However, holders of lower classification and with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in related field of study from a recongnised University OR A Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study. Candidate with membership certificate of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme.

Source: http://www.nou.org.ng/noun-undergraduate-postgraduate-available-courses-for-admission/
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by truvine(m): 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
please house.
each TMA has 20 questions and the four makes 80 questions. can someone tell me how its graded, As in its over what.
either per TMA or the four together
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
truvine:
please house.
each TMA has 20 questions and the four makes 80 questions. can someone tell me how its graded, As in its over what.
either per TMA or the four together
Each TMAs (1,2,3 & 4) is graded /10. Your best 3 of the 4 is considered.
Example:
If you score 10/10 in TMA1, 9/10 in TMA2, 8/10 in TMA3 & 10/10 in TMA4, your best 3 = TMA (1 + 2 + 4). That makes it 29/30.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by udysweet(f): 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hello everyone! Trust your day went well? And so after several procastination,I took my trip to NOUN Apapa study centre(letme add here dat d trekking wasnt funny o,infact I lost a few kg and turned a few shades darker,lol)
And after 2hours of standing in the queue I was able to talk the lady in the students counsellor's ofice . She told me that exam shd be starting dis month end and time might be too short to read up for the exam,and advsed me to wait till Dec or so to stat proessing admission since semester resumes Jan. And dat I shdnt pay fees now o,if not I'll need to pay again in jan or so.
I'm gonna go pay for the form and do little I can now till dec to pay d fees.
Jboixxx and bornsad,God bless you guys!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by truvine(m): 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
Any first semester MBA student in the house Let's connect in preparation for exams & TMA 07033953544 (whatsapp)
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
udysweet:
Hello everyone! Trust your day went well? And so after several procastination,I took my trip to NOUN Apapa study centre(letme add here dat d trekking wasnt funny o,infact I lost a few kg and turned a few shades darker,lol)
And after 2hours of standing in the queue I was able to talk the lady in the students counsellor's ofice . She told me that exam shd be starting dis month end and time might be too short to read up for the exam,and advsed me to wait till Dec or so to stat proessing admission since semester resumes Jan. And dat I shdnt pay fees now o,if not I'll need to pay again in jan or so.
You're welcome, ma'am. C u by Jan.
@All: take note of the enboldened!!!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by wableo: 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
BornSad:

I wish! I only finished my first semester... Yeah, people do fail of course. It is normal, lol. But I believe it's all about determination... not easy given all the distractions. I did 8 courses; 7 alphas and 1 beta....
Chai! u be genius o. That is 4.95/5.0. Please can you do the exam for me? Lol
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 11, 2015
udysweet:

You are welcome, dear! Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 11, 2015
wableo:

Chai! u be genius o. That is 4.95/5.0. Please can you do the exam for me? Lol

Lol... I wasn't as busy as I have become of recent... Hope I make it this time!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Vicben(m): 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
BornSad:

lol... You've got to read, bro. Past questions are great too. Then the questions at the end of each unit in the course materials.
Please where can one get the past questions?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Vicben(m): 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2015
Good day friends and colleagues. I'm a first semester PGD Info Tech student. I learnt exams would be starting ending of this month but meanwhile, I'm yet to take any TMA. I keep checking my page on the website but have never seen it since I registered about a month ago. Could it be that I've missed it or what? Please, I'm kinda getting worried.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by laimartins7(m): 11:28pm On Sep 12, 2015
Evening all, how weekend dey go? i av few questions to ask concerning my result. i am a pgdpa student ,i av just concluded d programme nd i will be submitting my project next week by God`s. i checked my 2nd semester result last week out of six i passed 5 nd faild one . it afected my oda collegues also same course [mGS756] and we were told to re-sit d course nd we must pay d compulsory 23k plus exam fee before we can re-sit it .i am totally confused rite now.
my questons are;-
1. How can we solve dis problem?
2. cant dey wave it
3. Even if i resit it ,can i still convocate next year
2. How many unit is project for pgd? 4 or 6.
thanks in advance.

NB: i need reply asap. coz exams don near oo.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
Vicben:
Good day friends and colleagues. I'm a first semester PGD Info Tech student. I learnt exams would be starting ending of this month but meanwhile, I'm yet to take any TMA. I keep checking my page on the website but have never seen it since I registered about a month ago. Could it be that I've missed it or what? Please, I'm kinda getting worried.
Seriously? U must be kidding. Login here http://tma.nou.edu.ng/ . Click on MY TMA HOME tab, hover over MY TMA tab to select ADD MISSING TMA. Ur TMA code is NUMCHAR(6)...eg. PMB721; no spacing.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 11:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
laimartins7:
Evening all, how weekend dey go? i av few questions to ask concerning my result. i am a pgdpa student ,i av just concluded d programme nd i will be submitting my project next week by God`s. i checked my 2nd semester result last week out of six i passed 5 nd faild one . it afected my oda collegues also same course [mGS756] and we were told to re-sit d course nd we must pay d compulsory 23k plus exam fee before we can re-sit it .i am totally confused rite now.
my questons are;-
1. How can we solve dis problem?
2. cant dey wave it
3. Even if i resit it ,can i still convocate next year
2. How many unit is project for pgd? 4 or 6.
thanks in advance.

NB: i need reply asap. coz exams don near oo.
1. Re-sit
2. If ur TCU is at least d total graduating unit, u're free
3. Most likely
4. 6

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (32) (Reply)

Rough Guide Of The Best & Most Reputable Universities In The UK / Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) / Best Polytechnic In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.