Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Pre-independence Yoruba Women - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pre-independence Yoruba Women (75008 Views)

The Beauty Of Yoruba Women / Beauty Of Yoruba Women ! (pictures) / Naija Girls Before And After Independence (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Bhella5(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
njays24:
Somebody said they were all looking fresh. Then,there was no smoke from generators or exhaust pipes,nor were there refined foods like sardine and corned beef;they all had their foods direct from their personal farms. No traffic jam,no terrorists,no armed robbers,nor were there ritual killers. No roaming the streets of the towns and cities searching for jobs that are not available;life was much better.
True but there were sardine corned beef armed robbers too were on the low side but in all life was good.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Ilekeh(f): 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2015
ayyoshert:

To be very honest, you should not have made mention of any other tribe here. Yoruba history, culture and traditions have so much in store to talk about without making mention of other people, let us strive to avoid little problems.
Your thread is beautiful and very enlightening, you must have researched hard to extract all these pictures.
clothing has always been a part of the Yoruba culture, the white man did not introduce that to us, ever from time the Yorubas have always had the 'Sanyan', 'Bante' 'Kembe', 'Nangudu', 'Aran', 'Alaari' and 'Etu' and these are the basis for the present day Aso Oke we have now.

I did.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by SporaD8: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2015
newacca:

Ejire ara isokun, edunjobi Omo agboriigi referefe. Okay nba bi, ejiworo lo Wole tomi. smiley

Wow! Are u twins?

1 Like

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh I really like how proud you are of your tribe. It has always amazed me, despite the fact that you don't even stay in Nigeria, and probably haven't touched the land of Nigeria grin. I'm assuming this is same Ileke Idi.

Kudos!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Ilekeh(f): 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2015
masonkz:
Ilekeh I really like how proud you are of your tribe. It has always amazed me, despite the fact that you don't even stay in Nigeria, and probably haven't touched the land of Nigeria grin. I'm assuming this is same Ileke Idi.

Kudos!

Thanks, but i was in Nigeria last summer.

2 Likes

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by ogaprime(m): 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh:
smiley smiley

This was before our girls started doing quick runs just because of brazilian hair...

#teamnatural

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Bamz(m): 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
tiredface:
THEY'RE NOT REALLY BEAUTTFUL BUT THEY LOOK NATURAL

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by boblaide: 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
Look at their shoe self... Nice!!! up Nigeria up Yoruba women

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by newacca: 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2015
SporaD8:

Wow! Are u twins?
Nope. smiley I've got couple of them among friends and family. Besides, I love twins and wish to have at least a set. They are wonderful set of creature.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2015
pazienza:

Why exactly must Yorubas bring Ndiigbo into their madness? Is this inferiority complex or what? Can't you just pretend for once that Ndiigbo doesn't exist, and stop comparing yourselves with Ndiigbo?

The tire me too maybe na rove if you ask me
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by kwankwaso(m): 4:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh:

A Yoruba woman in 1956, at Lagos, Yorubaland. During Queen Elizabeth's visit to Yorubaland and the rest of Nigeria
real women grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by gistmelove(m): 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Asuokaa: 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh:

Can't recall.....that was January, this is March. But I think googling "pre-independence Yoruba women" will take you to varying sources. You will find tons of research on Yorubas.

thanks actually have gotten it on tumblr as NIGERIAN NOSTALGIA PROJECT
WATCH OUT FOR MY TREND TOO grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Ilekeh(f): 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Asuokaa:

thanks actually have gotten it on tumblr as NIGERIAN NOSTALGIA PROJECT
WATCH OUT FOR MY TREND TOO grin

Cool.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by tiredface: 4:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
TODAY'S YORUBA WOMEN ARE MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE OF MIX BLOOD WITH OTHER TRIBES.

3 Likes

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh:

Thanks, but i was in Nigeria last summer.

Oh. Finally. Hope you enjoyed your stay. smiley
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Asuokaa: 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh:

Cool.

ok have created it check my profile ull see the post...abeg rate it sad
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by kelvin1191(m): 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
Most people in this picture don't have IJEBU mark.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by ChristyG(f): 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
tiredface:
TODAY'S YORUBA WOMEN ARE MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE OF MIX BLOOD WITH OTHER TRIBES.
big lie and false statement.inter tribal marriage is still very low in nigeria,how many nigerians are from inter tribal homes?are they even up to one million?90 percent of yorubas have yoruba parents.pls try and lie reasonable next time instead of writing sh1t online.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Ilekeh(f): 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
masonkz:

Oh. Finally. Hope you enjoyed your stay. smiley

Anytime I travel to Ekiti, I enjoy my stay. I love that state die........before Fayose.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by funmo(m): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh:
Miss Nigeria

uhm oyeludef what aren't you telling me bro?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by domopps(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
But now!

Cheeers

3 Likes

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by SirShymexx: 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dayummm!

I love me some Yoruba women with humongous badonkadonk...but they like acting up sometimes though. And not as juicy as the other side. lipsrsealed

Anyway, I'm still the Duke of all Yoruba women on the darn planet!
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by goshen26: 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh:
smiley

but this babe, oh sorry mama I mean fine o
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by squaddy(m): 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
Yoruba women and beautiful in the same sentence?

Okay!! Whatever yo say OP grin

1 Like

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by christopher123(m): 4:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
they said that yoruba women are beautiful...? hmmm ok let me believe

1 Like

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Zaikon(m): 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
Op just chop noku

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh:

Anytime I travel to Ekiti, I enjoy my stay. I love that state die........before Fayose.

Lol@before Fayose. Alright babe.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Rexyl(m): 4:55pm On Mar 24, 2015
Beautiful.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Zaikon(m): 4:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
ChristyG:
big lie and false statement.inter tribal marriage is still very low in nigeria,how many nigerians are from inter tribal homes?are they even up to one million?90 percent of yorubas have yoruba parents.pls try and lie reasonable next time instead of writing sh1t online.
statistician i wil like to c ur source of Data
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by XBLadez: 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
That was when you could find 25 - 30 years old virgins. Right now, the oldest virgin is 12, and they say we're moving forward
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by ChristyG(f): 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
Zaikon:
statistician i wil like to c ur source of Data
u should tell that to poster who wrote that false statement before asking me stu.pid questions...look around and tell me how many inter tribal marriages(not dating o) u know.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! / Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.