Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,565 members, 7,801,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. (13921 Views)

When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / This Is What My House Help Did To Me / Photos- House Help Brutally Beaten By Madam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
aisha2:

Emotionalism is better than being a slave driver and user.
I help people EVERYDAY and I don't take their children as slaves to pay me back. You want a maid get an ADULT.
No matter how we sugar coat it a child is a child you dont take a child and expect adult behaviour.

Why is it only poor people's kids who are accused of witchcraft?

Help if you want to help, adopt a poor family help out with fees if you want to but don't deny a child her childhood so your kids can have one and tell yourself you are " helping "

Here comes mary slessor again

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 13, 2015
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by misterh(m): 9:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:
another man
Another man as in what? Did you read where I said an 11 year old girl is too young to be a maid? My first post here shows that I was surprised at the thought of a minor being a maid.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 9:18pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:

See am, dis one fit dey buy pure water from 5 year Olds for Lagos highway sef

Hahahhahha. ...Hers was one of those extremely emotional bullies.

She would swallow her garbage if she sees the way our maid is treated. ...

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
aisha2:

Excuse me. That plenty have done it or a lot of people are doing it does not make it right.
Slave traders in years past also consoled themselves that they were doing Africans a favour and treating them well but it was still wrong.

A 11-17 year old cannot enter a legally binding contract. It is against section 13 of the child rights law making it a criminal act.
A 11-17 cannot determine or decide that she wants to care for another persons child.

African women get rid of your insecurities and hire an adult who can enter a contract with you LEGALLY.

It won't stop in one day but its better we start telling it as it is so this practice will stop. let kids be kids, they can't handle responsibility

angry
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by crackhaus: 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
zeb04:
hah! What happened to your usual bad mouth abi you are now a born again?

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:

angry

Ehhh. ....Another relentless attacker. ...Very passionate about the welfare of kids...good for her. ...Unfortunately, her energies were misdirected. I treat my maid EXACTLY the way I treat my kids....

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:
I didn't even get your point since you ended up saying the same thing everyone was saying.

And so what if all the women follow the same line of argument? What business of yours is it? Was it pre-planned? Didn't it just happen that they all saw it from the same point of view?

And the men that hold the same opinion nko? Discard their posts and look for ways to turn it into family section women bash? undecided
You just couldn't resist making trouble.

Who's the particular woman and her followers?
Trouble maker.

Issues.

treat each case according to its merits. Thank you

I commended the dude first and asked him to treat her right... I am not seeing your point
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by pickabeau1: 9:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
dein77:

Ehhh. ....Another relentless attacker. ...Very passionate about the welfare of kids...good for her. ...Unfortunately, her energies were misdirected. I treat my maid EXACTLY the way I treat my kids....

Bro fashi those people abeg.... They don't know what objectivity is...
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
E bi like say njokuboy dey follow me get menstrual cramp grin

Na waya.

Dis one go nag wiffy comot for house one day
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
Chillisauce:
E bi like say njokuboy dey follow me get menstrual cramp grin

Na waya.

Dis one go nag wiffy comot for house one day

angry

Thank God you know you dey get menstrual cramp....

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
misterh:
Another man as in what? Did you read where I said an 11 year old girl is too young to be a maid? My first post here shows that I was surprised at the thought of a minor being a maid.
yep I'm with you

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:

I commended the dude first and asked him to treat her right... I am not seeing your point
Stop looking for trouble. That's my point.
If you have issues with anyone take it elsewhere.

All that 'family section women' talk and 'one woman and her followers' talk is not helping the OP. It is just geared towards picking fights with people

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:

angry

Thank God you know you dey get menstrual cramp....

Go to bed before u see me and my menstrual cramp for dream.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
Chillisauce:

ROFL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I swear, you are the best, and know that I swear EXTREMELY rarely. wink

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:

All that 'family section women' talk and 'one woman and her followers' talk is not helping the OP. It is just geared towards picking fights with people

Hahahahhahah. Una don meet una match! !!

Me no need una help again. I don handle the matter perfectly. Peace reigns.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2015
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2015
dein77:

Hahahahhahah. Una don meet una match! !!

Me no need una help again. I don handle the matter perfectly. Peace reigns.
i don't even know what this means?
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:

Lolzz, far from it, I don't have issues with anyone.. "Anyone" is not worth having issues with... until these people stop viewing issues with their myopic, one sided lenses, I'd kip pointing out their hypocrisy...

Notice I replaced "family section women" with "these pple" just to make you happy...

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
Chillisauce:

grin
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by damiso(f): 9:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
dein77:

Oga Dein I am not attacking you o but I just need to point out something. I grew up with maids and people living with us. At most point while growing up (ok maybe not after I had finished uni) we always had maid (mostly 16 or over my mum would say she wants a maid not an extra baby) and they were treated like family(you don't have to believe me) so I know what you mean by treating well.We had maids who went on to higher education, some learnt trade from my mum and some were now comfortable enough to even buy aso ebi at my wedding grin.One even gave me money sef.

I know I tend to idealise or make my dad out as some kind of Saint but that man was the epitome of humanity.I never saw my dad sit in 'owners corner' ever and his staff both in business and domestic were treated as he would treat his children.

Sorry for my long epistle o grin i just needed to point out that i get the treating well.But you know what despite all this upon reflection (he treated all humans well )i realised he would go extra far above and beyond for us his children.Now that is not a bad thing in itself as it's natural human instinct. I am not judging it as well.You can treat your maid well but the truth is the sacrifices you would make in a heartbeat for your children without expecting anything in return will be seen as doing the maid a favour. I am not trying to judge you but really really and deep deep down you know the motive for this thread might not have been the same motive that 11 yr old was your child.

I don't want to repeat all that has been said so far but try to get an older childminder to watch over not just your child but also the girl.Of course my 11 year old daughter (and son sef) will do chores but there is just this unease I have about under 16's watching lil children for long periods.For short periods once in a while is okay but lil children try the patience of Adults not to talk of an 11 yr old.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
damiso:

Oga Dein I am not attacking you o but I just need to point out something. I grew up with maids and people living with us. At most point while growing up (ok maybe not after I had finished uni) we always had maid (mostly 16 or over my mum would say she wants a maid not an extra baby) and they were treated like family(you don't have to believe me) so I know what you mean by treating well.We had maids who went on to higher education, some learnt trade from my mum and some were now comfortable enough to even buy aso ebi at my wedding grin.One even gave me money sef.

I know I tend to idealise or make my dad out as some kind of Saint but that man was the epitome of humanity.I never saw my dad sit in 'owners corner' ever and his staff both in business and domestic were treated as he would treat his children.

Sorry for my long epistle o grin but you know what despite all this upon reflection (he treated all humans well i realised he would go extra far above and beyond for us his children.Now that is not a bad thing in itself as it's natural human instinct. I am not judging it as well.You can treat your maid well but the truth is the sacrifices you would make in a heartbeat for your children without expecting anything in return will be seen as doing a favour. I am not trying to judge you but really really and deep deep down you know the motive for this thread might not have been the same motive that 11 yr old was your child.

I don't want to repeat all that has been said so far but try to get an older childminder to watch over not just your child but also the girl.Of course my 11 year old daughter (and son sef) will do chores but there is just this unease I have about under 16's watching lil children for long periods.For short periods once in a while is okay but lil children try the patience of Adults not to talk of an 11 yr old.

Thanks, my dear.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by damiso(f): 10:02pm On Jan 13, 2015
dein77:

Thanks, my dear.

You are welcome..like Ewuro said get a mature nanny or maid.It does not necessarily have to be a live in person.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 10:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
damiso:

You are welcome..like Ewuro said get a mature nanny or maid.It does not necessarily have to be a live in person.

Thanks for your comments. They are appreciated.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by 100Cents: 12:35am On Jan 14, 2015
chaircover:

It will be better not to even justify it
You called her your househelp
You expected her to jump up and resume duty and see to what your kid needed in the night
If you want to help someone, then you help them .. . not turn them to househelps
You could pay the school directly her school fees and leave her with her parents if you really want to help

I dont know the reason why you opened this thread. Maybe you want to hear people tell you that she is a witch . . .
What about Your own son that screamed for no apparent reason at 11,57? Is that normal behaviour?
Just shows you that Kids do all sorts of things.

Hehehe.

Una don come o.

Make I sleep o.

Screamed and sleep walking.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by 100Cents: 12:38am On Jan 14, 2015
patrickdarlins:
send dat demon parking physically and spiritually...

Please don't call a human being a demon.

I am still trying to find out why that girl was standing alone in the dark.

Brb..
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by 100Cents: 12:47am On Jan 14, 2015
DBestDoc:

So an 11yr old is now employable?

Keep using people's children and hope yours get the best.

Smh!

The way you guys are demonizing the poster is not necessary. We are still in Africa where people have kids and cannot feed them then sublet them to richer relations. For now, you cannot change anything about that.

Your castigation should be forwarded to the parents of that girl who cannot feed her.

Some of you are saying, treat her like your own daughter. Let me ask you guys now, " If that house help was the posters first child, won't she still be expected to care for her younger brother who is in the same room with her and was shouting at the top of his voice by midnight " ?

Child activists have hijacked this thread..
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by 100Cents: 12:50am On Jan 14, 2015
Chillisauce:

O boy, you ugly o..

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by LordReed(m): 1:23am On Jan 14, 2015
100Cents:

The way you guys are demonizing the poster is not necessary. We are still in Africa where people have kids and cannot feed them then sublet them to richer relations. For now, you cannot change anything about that.

Your castigation should be forwarded to the parents of that girl who cannot feed her.

Some of you are saying, treat her like your own daughter. Let me ask you guys now, " If that house help was the posters first child, won't she still be expected to care for her younger brother who is in the same room with her and was shouting at the top of his voice by midnight " ?

Child activists have hijacked this thread..

Nobody is demonising the dein77. He called an 11year old a house help and was expecting some sort of sympathy, maybe thinking the take her for deliverance crew's voice would be loud, I am glad he was disappointed.

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
LordReed:

Nobody is demonising the dein77. He called an 11year old a house help and was expecting some sort of sympathy, maybe thinking the take her for deliverance crew's voice would be loud, I am glad he was disappointed.

Bro, on a serious note, I wasn't disappointed with you guys having your own individual opinion. I was only disappointed with the way you went about with those opinions.

Let's endeavour to look at the bigger picture before punching keys with vigour and high tempo.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by LordReed(m): 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
dein77:

Bro, on a serious note, I wasn't disappointed with you guys having your own individual opinion. I was only disappointed with the way you went about with those opinions.

Let's endeavour to look at the bigger picture before punching keys with vigour and high tempo.

What people won't get over is you calling her your house help. I probably would have commended your effort if you had not used the term but as it is I just find it hard to overlook. I want to believe in your sincerity but I know my heart will "curse" you if otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yam Pounders for Sale / Nigerian Parents Need To Allow Their Daughters Leave Toxic Marriages / My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.