Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,131 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] (16881 Views)

Buy Sparx Black Colour Mens Sandals Online / Guys Can You Rock These Sandals? / Ladies Why Do You Wear Mini-skirt If You Dont Feel Comfortable In It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Hidentity(m): 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
krall:
Is it wrong? No dress code was given. They way the interview is, I don't know how it was for others but at my turn, after asking me some questions, I was told to climb a small stage and demonstrate. I wore long sleeve shirt, tucked in properly ironed trousers with socks and my leather sandals.
When one woman sighted my leg she chuckled and whispered in another's ear and they started gossiping my sandals.
It killed my morale and I began to wonder when it became a bad thing to wear sandals. I have many that I used to wear but now I no longer have the courage to.

This is how the sandal looks like like on the leg. My leg is not fine so I won't use it.

The socks part was not too good. You should have opted for a pair of shoes.
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by 12ema: 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2015
krall:
Is it wrong? No dress code was given. They way the interview is, I don't know how it was for others but at my turn, after asking me some questions, I was told to climb a small stage and demonstrate. I wore long sleeve shirt, tucked in properly ironed trousers with socks and my leather sandals.
When one woman sighted my leg she chuckled and whispered in another's ear and they started gossiping my sandals.
It killed my morale and I began to wonder when it became a bad thing to wear sandals. I have many that I used to wear but now I no longer have the courage to.

This is how the sandal looks like like on the leg. My leg is not fine so I won't use it.

You might as well say it's ok to wear a police uniform to work as a banker.

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Richard6(m): 5:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
Talking about urself and using anoda person to demonstrate is a crime in my country.
USA 2:2 section 4A
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by NaLaugh: 5:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
krall:

This part is hilarious! cheesy

But really, why would anyone dress like that to an interview?
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by nimexto(m): 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
U must be a fresh graduate, maybe by d time u look for job for like 5 years and u hv a job interview, u wil not only wear shoes but 2 suits with new set of shoes.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
endy4oxide:
Depends on the dress you gah on.

And also depends on the JoB..... if na cleaner job , you are good to go grin
grin
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by pitoski(m): 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
it depends on the job and/or the location. I once went for an interview of an NGO in the north. I dressed properly like black suit, shiny black shoes etc but the other applicant who were northerner wore their normal hausa wear with local sandals. and some of them got the offers too.
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by pitoski(m): 5:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
endy4oxide:
Depends on the dress you gah on.

And also depends on the JoB..... if na cleaner job , you are good to go grin
grin grin
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Ade5(m): 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
Whether it's bad or not is another philosophical debate on social norms and perception which quite frankly, doesn't need to be instigated. The bottom line is that you should have played it safe.
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
donodion:

dammn...I love that shoe..koko be-wear. Corporate bobo.
cheesy
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by darqly(m): 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
fpeter:
very wrong except u be aboki
And what's the reference to northerners supposed to connote?
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sandal with sucks to an interview?smhw
That's how some people wear suites on sandal
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
There are some questions dat don't deserve to be asked, like seriously what happened to common sense?
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by 19naia(m): 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ah beg O, so many people wear incompetence and diservice to job interviews.. How is wearing sandal going to distract from what a job seeker carries in their head and hearts when go interview??

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Gemc3(f): 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
krall:

YES
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
In the code of formal dressing, u wear formal shoes and not sandals. You went to a formal occasion, so you should have dressed formally. Formal dressing have rules, so i suggest you read them up online.
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by BCJAY(f): 6:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
CAPITAL NO except you are the CEO
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by tlops(m): 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
Please do not wear sandals to job interview!
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by hippyj(m): 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
Tiffarah:
Haba OP after dressing up, you decided to wear sandals to a job interview... So wrong!!! Even in class there's a particular lecturer in my department that doesn't like seeing guys wear palm sandals leather or not to his class. In summary, a pair of shoe is preferrable.

If he does Not have pair of shoe,he can wear only one leg of shoe with only sock on the other leg,it's better than a pair of sandal.
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Tiffarah(f): 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
hippyj:

If he does Not have pair of shoe,he can wear only one leg of shoe with only sock on the other leg,it's better than a pair of sandal.
Lol... He'll end up looking mad nau
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by pingpong1: 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
@OP, you be oga Jona wey no. Get shoe?
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Exponental(m): 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
well...... with ur experience, are u justified?
try dat in a bank interview. u just sacked urself

maybe u just lost a job cos u dont understand d importance of corporate dressing. during ur project defence, wat did u wear if i may ask?
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Anifowose338(f): 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] ;don't u take a look @ urself b4 leaving for the interview?
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by AREWA2266: 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
very bad!
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by olawonder(m): 4:49am On Jan 15, 2015
If you are a startup company seeking an international relations officer, who'll network your company with big national and international companies... and a Dangote son (with certs from Harvard or Yale) turns up for interview in sandals! u no go hire am?
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by lovinam: 6:16am On Jan 15, 2015
Did you get the job?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde On The Cover Of New African Magazine / Oge Okoye And Uti Nwachukwu On The Covers Of Editarnish Magazine / Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.