Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) (2454 Views)

How Her "Dry Mouth" Got Her A Husband. (A Story) / My Aunt’s Husband (A Short Romantic Story) / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by djmask(m): 11:11am On Jan 13, 2015
All rights reserved. Copyright ©2015

I KILLED MY HUSBAND. (a short tragedy)
"The Accused"
The Pharmacist was looking at me like the hundreds of criminals she had attended to, the disgust in her eyes told me to quickly collect my drugs before she blame me for her inability to hold a man down for less than two weeks. I heard her tale just five hours into my stay at the hospital, from the woman taking care of the the boy with sickle cell anemia, she told me how frustrating she can be whenever she goes for drugs and according to the woman, "it is obvious her character is the thing chasing men away from her".
"Take these, two times daily after you don chop and these ones before you sleep." The Pharmacist stern voice brought me back to reality. I quickly nodded in affirmation.  There were more drugs to be given instructions on and if I had to stand there to listen to her judgemental and sarcastic voice, I may run mad. So I just told her "please can you write the instructions on the polythene?"  She wanted to grump but when she saw that I too was not in the mood for her trouble she wrote the instructions, I took the drugs and left the hospital building.
My journey to St Nicholas' Hospital began like a joke but I thank God I had the last laugh. I would have been in maximum security detention awaiting trial for a murder I know nothing of. I still couldn't believe am free. But that is a light one, I am still in shock that Aunty Tomi killed her husband.
I advanced toward the bus stop gently because of the pain that emanated from the inhumane treatment I received from the police in their attempt to coerce me to confess to a crime I did not commit. I am going to see Aunty Tomi. But I may not be allowed to see her as the story is generating a lots of media attention. Various headlines like "Born Again sister kills husband in cold blood" "Murder in holy places" "Murder: Even the Rich Cry" etc graced the various newspapers and tabloids in town. According to the police, she is being held at Adigbe Police Headquarters and she is about to be transferred to the Investigation Department in Mango District. And that is where I hope to get a glimpse of my once dotted and sweet Aunty.
She did committed the murder for which I was almost charged and killed. Aunty Tomi and my family have been friends since we moved to Adigbe Street. Her parents are billionaires and their imposing mansion is enough to scare away wannabes like me.  But Aunty Tomi has a good and jovial heart. She relates with everybody irrespective of the background. I took a particular interest in her because, as an aspiring undergraduate, it is natural to mingle with a fresh graduate even if it's a master degree. I met her just as she returned from her master degree studies in Harvard University U.S. We bonded naturally and if not for her widely know love for Jesus Christ and the wide age difference between us, we would have been tagged lovers.
Fast forward to the weeks before the event that almost ruined my life. Of course it was years after my meeting with Aunty Tomi and her family. I was a graduate who just concluded his youth service. Aunty Tomi had been married for three years to a handsome and adorable graphic designer. It was weeks to Christmas and everywhere was agog with preparation. As a tradition, Aunty Tomi and her husband spend the holidays with her parents. I too always prefer their house because of its comfort, unending monetary gifts and free flow of food. All I do is occasional running of errands too sensitive for the driver and households staffs. The Smiths trusts me like a son and there is no room in the house that I cannot enter.
"Uncle Remi, your food is ready and on the kitchen table" Seyi the cook announced to me. I was in the room I normally stay in the Smith's house. I quickly dashed to the kitchen, took my food and rushed backed to continue the series I was watching. As I settled down to eat and watch, I heard noises upstairs, it was the voice of two adults arguing. I quickly dismissed any worries I had as Mr. and Mrs. Smith are in the habit of arguing loudly.
Midway into the food, I decided to get a drink for myself. I normally keep drinks inside the refrigerator located in the sitting room upstairs as it is off limit to the house staff. As I was going up stairs, so was Aunty Tomi dashing down the stairs in a weird Costume and with a face lost of expression or emotion; like someone in shock.
"Good afternoon Aunty, hope all is well this one u dey like this? " I asked. She just brushed pass me without a single reply. I wasn't perturbed either as sometimes she behaves like someone with a serious mood swing. I opened the sitting room door and went to locate my drink when I heard a grunt then a loud masculine scream behind the red cushion. I jumped up, went closer to investigate the source when I saw uncle Tony in a pool of blood and a knife stuck in his abdomen just below his rib cage. I dashed towards him, tried to carry him but he was too heavy. So I decided to get help downstairs. As I was about turning the door knob, the door flew open and Mr. and Mrs. Smith rushed in. 
"What is happening here? What have you done? Whose blood is that?" before I could reply the various questions thrown at me, Mrs. Smith had noticed Uncle Tony's body on the floor.
"Did you kill him? Oh Remi what have you done?" Mrs Smith barraged me with questions. "Ma I saw him like this o"
Eventually, Police was called and I was taken in for questioning. The interrogators accused me of killing him. I cried, sworn on my dead grandparents name, and all the deities known to man yet they were hell bent on charging me for a case I know nothing about. But thank goodness the real killer was later discovered and I was let go. Only to realise that Aunty Tomi is the brain behind the murder.

The Killer
The only child of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I had the best life any human could wish for.  My father is the chairman of Smiths Breweries and Smiths Refinery; the only private refinery in the country. My mother's family is the owner of the famous Clippers Estate in Elizabeth Island of which my mother was the chairman before Ill health forced her into early retirement. I studied Petroleum Engineering in Leeds University for my first degree and then went to Harvard for my masters degree in Geology and Mining. I wasn't influenced by my family's wealth to live a wayward life. I found Jesus Christ at an early age of 13 and He has been my sheild and rock ever since. I love the poor and I never discriminate in my choice of friends and relationship so long as there is fear of God in the fellow.
After my studies, my father started grooming me for the eventual take over of the refinery and marriage to his best friends son Jade. Jade Dosumu is a fine young man but he doesn't share my faith in the Lord Jesus so we came to an understanding that the betrothal will not work and we both went our ways. My father wasn't angry rather he supported my decision but my mother was concerned that I will end up with a loser who will come reap where he did not sow.
To cut the long tale short, I married 3 years ago to man God told me was my husband. I met Tony shortly after joining the board of directors of the Refinery. He was the graphic designer employed to handle the Refinery's rebranding scheme. He is funny, handsome, witty and God-fearing. We became friends and got tighter against my mother's wishes. She told me I could do better for a man but I was believing God and his words concerning Tony. He is from a poor background, first born in a family of six. He studied computer engineering in the university sustaining off jobs like website design and development, designing a skill which he picked up from years of practice with the aged computer given to him by his uncle.
My wedding was supposed to be the talk of the town but to avoid unnecessary media attention and talks about how Mr Smith's daughter married a pauper who couldn't even afford a wedding gown, we opted for a closed wedding where only close family relatives and friends were invited. Tony is not all that bad. He lives in a rented apartment and he has an office with two people assisting him with his Web design and graphics outfits. I know he has a bright future and with his fear of God and diligence in worship, I know he will make it big in life. To also avoid my mother's sharp criticism, I transfer a chunk of the money in my account to Tony to act as the sponsor of the wedding and arrangements.
Our marriage wasn't without the normal trials that every man and wife faces. But with prayers and a heart of love we resolved issues quickly. Although there are things I still wish Tony will not do and do. Sometimes he will just leave the house without telling me his whereabouts. I considered this very irresponsible and wicked; what if something were to happen to him where he went? How am I to explain that I don't know where my husband went? And also, I feel Tony still have this inferiority complex, because whenever I seek his opinion on issues, he will tell me that whatever I decide, is fine by him.
I never saw Tony as an immoral man; because all through the time we dated, he never made an attempt to kiss nor touch me immorally. Regardless of his privy to my virginity status, he never womanised he was always accounting for how he spent his days. He had a plan to build a computer company that will one day produce software for Africa's consumption. I love his potentials, his dreams, his fine physique and above all his strong belief in the power of prayers. In fact Tony is my dream man and God has reveal that much to.
Our marriage began on a sweet note, two young lover discovering each others. But the bondness did not result into pregnancy. Three years into the marriage no child,not even a miscarriage. I have visited the best doctors both home and abroad and they both had the same story of "you both are healthy and nothing should stop you from having kids of your own. Just continue to try and it will happen soon". The situation weigh really deep down my mind as I was really worried and concerned about giving Tony a child. His mother's fondness of me had reduced and if not for the wealth influence, I know she would have advised her son to take another wife. I haven't set my eyes on her sice after the wedding. In all of these, Tony was a loving husband. He encouraged me,, comforted me on days when my childless situation brought tears to my eyes. He never fail to remind me that God's time is the best.
Anyway we continue to coexist as man and wife, we had moved into the mansion of my parents on the advice of Tony. "We should keep an eye on them. Loneliness is not good for old age" he advocated. Although it's only on Sunday we get to spend quality time together. He goes to work early and return late while I close at 6pm he closes at 9pm. Our sex life was almost non existing unless I remind him that doctor advised us to continue trying.
So, to rejuvenate our sex life, I decided to try out new things. I visited a sex shop, got some advice and some costumes. The following day, I am going to surprise my husband. I left for work normally and since his office is undergoing renovation, he will work from the house. So I drove my car, parked it out the gate, and walked back into the compound. I had earlier warned the gateman and the maid to suspend their unending greetings before they will announce my arrival because what I want to do must be a total surprise to achieve its purpose. And I have made sure that my husband is the only one at our wing of the house. No household staff comes upstairs unless requested.
So I got to the guest house, I changed into the sexy nurse costumes; white short gown with a lace panty underneath, a pushup bra that make my breast and cleavage want to pop and explode. I must admit, I looked smashing and my husband is going to have a brand new experience from his reserved wife. I went upstairs, advanced quietly to our room, the door was a little ajar and my husband was on the phone. I decided to wait for him to be through with his call because I don't know what the surprise may forced out of his mouth and he may be on phone with a client.
"She is fine and doing well" I heard my husband replied the caller. "infact am lucky to have met her, she understands me well. Although the situation has been tough on her she is holding up well"
My husband must be talking to someone close because they are talking about me and my childless situation. "Greet the children for me, Yes I will say you hi to her." my husband baritone and sexy voice boom from the room. "I was about calling her when your call came, alright bye now big boss." My Tony ended the call. I quickly put my phone on silent because from what I got from the call, he is about to call me. I want the phone to be dailing then I will enter the room to surprise my Husband.
"Hello Sunshine, how is my smalle doing today" said my husband, I looked at my phone screen, no incoming call I quickly docked, maybe he has seen me, but my husband continued talking to whomever on the phone.
"How are my kids? I am missing them and I hope to see them soon. " my husband continued on the phone."Hah!! ha, talking of seeing soon, the chemical you sent to me, I used the last one today. Am seeing the effect on the woman but my stupid wife is still doing strong"
So many words in his sentence wrecked my world and rendered my whole body immobile. Did he just call another woman a pet name he's been calling for years? And Kids? Chemicals? What chemicals?  Did he also call me a stupid woman? This must be a bad dream.
"I should increase the dose for her?" My husband's voice jolted me back to reality. "Infact if they fail to die early as planned, I may have to set up an accident for them. Don't worry dear I will be careful. Once the woman dies I will now get her pregnant then she will make me her next of kin then I will strike. I remember the plan sweetheart. I also got my visa yesterday so you just have to send another batch of the chemical so that I can finish the foolish church girl and her mama. Do you know that we pray before and after sex? Yes o the foolish girl thinks it's the Devils work that she is barren not knowing that Dr. Tony is in charge."
I have had enough! I barged into the room firing questions to Tony. "Who is that person you are talking to? So Tony you have an evil plan to destroy me and my family?" My husband began to sweat like a child caught stealing meat from the pot.
"Baby, it's not what you think" he replied with a shaky voice. "No Tony tell me exactly what you think I heard." I barked at him. "That you have a wife and kids abroad? That you have been killing me and my mother slowly with God knows what chemicals? Ha Tony! After picking you from the dust, against my mother's words and advice, I married you. You are done for" I rushed out of the room to go and inform the gateman to lock the gates while I call police for the idiot. Tony followed me. He grabbed me from the back held my mouth and nose violently and then began to suffocated me. I struggled with every bit of my body. That was when I sighted a knife on the mini dinner table. I grabbed it, and launched it into Tony. The initial shock sent him crashing into the sitting room, I chased after him still clutching the knife. I delivered a second stab into his stomach and he tumbled behind the sofa. I quickly dashed out of the sitting room. I began to desend the stairs when I saw Remi climbing the up the stairs. I was too in shock to notice him, I just continued on my way. Went into my car and drove away.
I drove round the city, switched off my phone and began to replay the events that happened. So my husband is married? He had it in mind and in practical to kill me and my mother. He deserves to die. In fact he deserves more than death. Three years of childlessness and to imagined that I blamed myself and my God.  I blamed my celibacy till marriage stance. There were times I wished I had had sex before marriage, maybe I would have taken in or maybe I would have discovered early that I am barren. I cursed the day I met Tony. I regretted ever looking at him twice.
I went to the church. At this trying time, one must seek the face of the Lord. One must pray and remain steadfast to prevent my faith from sinking. I lost track of time in church while I pray and sob before the Lord pondering on what to do next. When I stepped out of the church, it was already dark. I decided to switch on my phone. Immediately, I got notification of numerous messages. I surfed through and decided to read my mom's. "Tomi where are you, call me immediately you get this." read the first message. Her other messages were also in that fashion except the last one which states that " Remi has been arrested in connection with the murder and the police needs you to verify a claim in his statement."
My heart skipped a beat. No way am I going to allow Remi suffer for a crime he had no idea of. I swinged the car into reverse and lurged it forward to the nearest police station where I confessed to the crime. The officers were shocked and in disbelief. They asked me why he wanted to kill me but it was too embarrassing to tell them that the man I called husband for years is a fake and a killer who has come to reap where he did not sow.

@longesegun
m.facebook.com/longe.segun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by Godmother(f): 11:51am On Jan 13, 2015
This is a touching story and a nice read. My heart goes out to the lady. But she should be strong, the God she serves is not asleep and will be there for her. I hope the police will see the murder as what it was; self defense.
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by Mario1983(m): 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
wow nice story
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by Elparaiso(m): 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
Lemme comment before I read....

Modified.....
Nice tori
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by officialEGO(f): 11:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
djmask:
All rights reserved. Copyright ©2015

I KILLED MY HUSBAND. (a short tragedy)
"The Accused"
The Pharmacist was looking at me like the hundreds of criminals she had attended to, the disgust in her eyes told me to quickly collect my drugs before she blame me for her inability to hold a man down for less than two weeks. I heard her tale just five hours into my stay at the hospital, from the woman taking care of the the boy with sickle cell anemia, she told me how frustrating she can be whenever she goes for drugs and according to the woman, "it is obvious her character is the thing chasing men away from her".
"Take these, two times daily after you don chop and these ones before you sleep." The Pharmacist stern voice brought me back to reality. I quickly nodded in affirmation.  There were more drugs to be given instructions on and if I had to stand there to listen to her judgemental and sarcastic voice, I may run mad. So I just told her "please can you write the instructions on the polythene?"  She wanted to grump but when she saw that I too was not in the mood for her trouble she wrote the instructions, I took the drugs and left the hospital building.
My journey to St Nicholas' Hospital began like a joke but I thank God I had the last laugh. I would have been in maximum security detention awaiting trial for a murder I know nothing of. I still couldn't believe am free. But that is a light one, I am still in shock that Aunty Tomi killed her husband.
I advanced toward the bus stop gently because of the pain that emanated from the inhumane treatment I received from the police in their attempt to coerce me to confess to a crime I did not commit. I am going to see Aunty Tomi. But I may not be allowed to see her as the story is generating a lots of media attention. Various headlines like "Born Again sister kills husband in cold blood" "Murder in holy places" "Murder: Even the Rich Cry" etc graced the various newspapers and tabloids in town. According to the police, she is being held at Adigbe Police Headquarters and she is about to be transferred to the Investigation Department in Mango District. And that is where I hope to get a glimpse of my once dotted and sweet Aunty.
She did committed the murder for which I was almost charged and killed. Aunty Tomi and my family have been friends since we moved to Adigbe Street. Her parents are billionaires and their imposing mansion is enough to scare away wannabes like me.  But Aunty Tomi has a good and jovial heart. She relates with everybody irrespective of the background. I took a particular interest in her because, as an aspiring undergraduate, it is natural to mingle with a fresh graduate even if it's a master degree. I met her just as she returned from her master degree studies in Harvard University U.S. We bonded naturally and if not for her widely know love for Jesus Christ and the wide age difference between us, we would have been tagged lovers.
Fast forward to the weeks before the event that almost ruined my life. Of course it was years after my meeting with Aunty Tomi and her family. I was a graduate who just concluded his youth service. Aunty Tomi had been married for three years to a handsome and adorable graphic designer. It was weeks to Christmas and everywhere was agog with preparation. As a tradition, Aunty Tomi and her husband spend the holidays with her parents. I too always prefer their house because of its comfort, unending monetary gifts and free flow of food. All I do is occasional running of errands too sensitive for the driver and households staffs. The Smiths trusts me like a son and there is no room in the house that I cannot enter.
"Uncle Remi, your food is ready and on the kitchen table" Seyi the cook announced to me. I was in the room I normally stay in the Smith's house. I quickly dashed to the kitchen, took my food and rushed backed to continue the series I was watching. As I settled down to eat and watch, I heard noises upstairs, it was the voice of two adults arguing. I quickly dismissed any worries I had as Mr. and Mrs. Smith are in the habit of arguing loudly.
Midway into the food, I decided to get a drink for myself. I normally keep drinks inside the refrigerator located in the sitting room upstairs as it is off limit to the house staff. As I was going up stairs, so was Aunty Tomi dashing down the stairs in a weird Costume and with a face lost of expression or emotion; like someone in shock.
"Good afternoon Aunty, hope all is well this one u dey like this? " I asked. She just brushed pass me without a single reply. I wasn't perturbed either as sometimes she behaves like someone with a serious mood swing. I opened the sitting room door and went to locate my drink when I heard a grunt then a loud masculine scream behind the red cushion. I jumped up, went closer to investigate the source when I saw uncle Tony in a pool of blood and a knife stuck in his abdomen just below his rib cage. I dashed towards him, tried to carry him but he was too heavy. So I decided to get help downstairs. As I was about turning the door knob, the door flew open and Mr. and Mrs. Smith rushed in. 
"What is happening here? What have you done? Whose blood is that?" before I could reply the various questions thrown at me, Mrs. Smith had noticed Uncle Tony's body on the floor.
"Did you kill him? Oh Remi what have you done?" Mrs Smith barraged me with questions. "Ma I saw him like this o"
Eventually, Police was called and I was taken in for questioning. The interrogators accused me of killing him. I cried, sworn on my dead grandparents name, and all the deities known to man yet they were hell bent on charging me for a case I know nothing about. But thank goodness the real killer was later discovered and I was let go. Only to realise that Aunty Tomi is the brain behind the murder.

The Killer
The only child of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I had the best life any human could wish for.  My father is the chairman of Smiths Breweries and Smiths Refinery; the only private refinery in the country. My mother's family is the owner of the famous Clippers Estate in Elizabeth Island of which my mother was the chairman before Ill health forced her into early retirement. I studied Petroleum Engineering in Leeds University for my first degree and then went to Harvard for my masters degree in Geology and Mining. I wasn't influenced by my family's wealth to live a wayward life. I found Jesus Christ at an early age of 13 and He has been my sheild and rock ever since. I love the poor and I never discriminate in my choice of friends and relationship so long as there is fear of God in the fellow.
After my studies, my father started grooming me for the eventual take over of the refinery and marriage to his best friends son Jade. Jade Dosumu is a fine young man but he doesn't share my faith in the Lord Jesus so we came to an understanding that the betrothal will not work and we both went our ways. My father wasn't angry rather he supported my decision but my mother was concerned that I will end up with a loser who will come reap where he did not sow.
To cut the long tale short, I married 3 years ago to man God told me was my husband. I met Tony shortly after joining the board of directors of the Refinery. He was the graphic designer employed to handle the Refinery's rebranding scheme. He is funny, handsome, witty and God-fearing. We became friends and got tighter against my mother's wishes. She told me I could do better for a man but I was believing God and his words concerning Tony. He is from a poor background, first born in a family of six. He studied computer engineering in the university sustaining off jobs like website design and development, designing a skill which he picked up from years of practice with the aged computer given to him by his uncle.
My wedding was supposed to be the talk of the town but to avoid unnecessary media attention and talks about how Mr Smith's daughter married a pauper who couldn't even afford a wedding gown, we opted for a closed wedding where only close family relatives and friends were invited. Tony is not all that bad. He lives in a rented apartment and he has an office with two people assisting him with his Web design and graphics outfits. I know he has a bright future and with his fear of God and diligence in worship, I know he will make it big in life. To also avoid my mother's sharp criticism, I transfer a chunk of the money in my account to Tony to act as the sponsor of the wedding and arrangements.
Our marriage wasn't without the normal trials that every man and wife faces. But with prayers and a heart of love we resolved issues quickly. Although there are things I still wish Tony will not do and do. Sometimes he will just leave the house without telling me his whereabouts. I considered this very irresponsible and wicked; what if something were to happen to him where he went? How am I to explain that I don't know where my husband went? And also, I feel Tony still have this inferiority complex, because whenever I seek his opinion on issues, he will tell me that whatever I decide, is fine by him.
I never saw Tony as an immoral man; because all through the time we dated, he never made an attempt to kiss nor touch me immorally. Regardless of his privy to my virginity status, he never womanised he was always accounting for how he spent his days. He had a plan to build a computer company that will one day produce software for Africa's consumption. I love his potentials, his dreams, his fine physique and above all his strong belief in the power of prayers. In fact Tony is my dream man and God has reveal that much to.
Our marriage began on a sweet note, two young lover discovering each others. But the bondness did not result into pregnancy. Three years into the marriage no child,not even a miscarriage. I have visited the best doctors both home and abroad and they both had the same story of "you both are healthy and nothing should stop you from having kids of your own. Just continue to try and it will happen soon". The situation weigh really deep down my mind as I was really worried and concerned about giving Tony a child. His mother's fondness of me had reduced and if not for the wealth influence, I know she would have advised her son to take another wife. I haven't set my eyes on her sice after the wedding. In all of these, Tony was a loving husband. He encouraged me,, comforted me on days when my childless situation brought tears to my eyes. He never fail to remind me that God's time is the best.
Anyway we continue to coexist as man and wife, we had moved into the mansion of my parents on the advice of Tony. "We should keep an eye on them. Loneliness is not good for old age" he advocated. Although it's only on Sunday we get to spend quality time together. He goes to work early and return late while I close at 6pm he closes at 9pm. Our sex life was almost non existing unless I remind him that doctor advised us to continue trying.
So, to rejuvenate our sex life, I decided to try out new things. I visited a sex shop, got some advice and some costumes. The following day, I am going to surprise my husband. I left for work normally and since his office is undergoing renovation, he will work from the house. So I drove my car, parked it out the gate, and walked back into the compound. I had earlier warned the gateman and the maid to suspend their unending greetings before they will announce my arrival because what I want to do must be a total surprise to achieve its purpose. And I have made sure that my husband is the only one at our wing of the house. No household staff comes upstairs unless requested.
So I got to the guest house, I changed into the sexy nurse costumes; white short gown with a lace panty underneath, a pushup bra that make my breast and cleavage want to pop and explode. I must admit, I looked smashing and my husband is going to have a brand new experience from his reserved wife. I went upstairs, advanced quietly to our room, the door was a little ajar and my husband was on the phone. I decided to wait for him to be through with his call because I don't know what the surprise may forced out of his mouth and he may be on phone with a client.
"She is fine and doing well" I heard my husband replied the caller. "infact am lucky to have met her, she understands me well. Although the situation has been tough on her she is holding up well"
My husband must be talking to someone close because they are talking about me and my childless situation. "Greet the children for me, Yes I will say you hi to her." my husband baritone and sexy voice boom from the room. "I was about calling her when your call came, alright bye now big boss." My Tony ended the call. I quickly put my phone on silent because from what I got from the call, he is about to call me. I want the phone to be dailing then I will enter the room to surprise my Husband.
"Hello Sunshine, how is my smalle doing today" said my husband, I looked at my phone screen, no incoming call I quickly docked, maybe he has seen me, but my husband continued talking to whomever on the phone.
"How are my kids? I am missing them and I hope to see them soon. " my husband continued on the phone."Hah!! ha, talking of seeing soon, the chemical you sent to me, I used the last one today. Am seeing the effect on the woman but my stupid wife is still doing strong"
So many words in his sentence wrecked my world and rendered my whole body immobile. Did he just call another woman a pet name he's been calling for years? And Kids? Chemicals? What chemicals?  Did he also call me a stupid woman? This must be a bad dream.
"I should increase the dose for her?" My husband's voice jolted me back to reality. "Infact if they fail to die early as planned, I may have to set up an accident for them. Don't worry dear I will be careful. Once the woman dies I will now get her pregnant then she will make me her next of kin then I will strike. I remember the plan sweetheart. I also got my visa yesterday so you just have to send another batch of the chemical so that I can finish the foolish church girl and her mama. Do you know that we pray before and after sex? Yes o the foolish girl thinks it's the Devils work that she is barren not knowing that Dr. Tony is in charge."
I have had enough! I barged into the room firing questions to Tony. "Who is that person you are talking to? So Tony you have an evil plan to destroy me and my family?" My husband began to sweat like a child caught stealing meat from the pot.
"Baby, it's not what you think" he replied with a shaky voice. "No Tony tell me exactly what you think I heard." I barked at him. "That you have a wife and kids abroad? That you have been killing me and my mother slowly with God knows what chemicals? Ha Tony! After picking you from the dust, against my mother's words and advice, I married you. You are done for" I rushed out of the room to go and inform the gateman to lock the gates while I call police for the idiot. Tony followed me. He grabbed me from the back held my mouth and nose violently and then began to suffocated me. I struggled with every bit of my body. That was when I sighted a knife on the mini dinner table. I grabbed it, and launched it into Tony. The initial shock sent him crashing into the sitting room, I chased after him still clutching the knife. I delivered a second stab into his stomach and he tumbled behind the sofa. I quickly dashed out of the sitting room. I began to desend the stairs when I saw Remi climbing the up the stairs. I was too in shock to notice him, I just continued on my way. Went into my car and drove away.
I drove round the city, switched off my phone and began to replay the events that happened. So my husband is married? He had it in mind and in practical to kill me and my mother. He deserves to die. In fact he deserves more than death. Three years of childlessness and to imagined that I blamed myself and my God.  I blamed my celibacy till marriage stance. There were times I wished I had had sex before marriage, maybe I would have taken in or maybe I would have discovered early that I am barren. I cursed the day I met Tony. I regretted ever looking at him twice.
I went to the church. At this trying time, one must seek the face of the Lord. One must pray and remain steadfast to prevent my faith from sinking. I lost track of time in church while I pray and sob before the Lord pondering on what to do next. When I stepped out of the church, it was already dark. I decided to switch on my phone. Immediately, I got notification of numerous messages. I surfed through and decided to read my mom's. "Tomi where are you, call me immediately you get this." read the first message. Her other messages were also in that fashion except the last one which states that " Remi has been arrested in connection with the murder and the police needs you to verify a claim in his statement."
My heart skipped a beat. No way am I going to allow Remi suffer for a crime he had no idea of. I swinged the car into reverse and lurged it forward to the nearest police station where I confessed to the crime. The officers were shocked and in disbelief. They asked me why he wanted to kill me but it was too embarrassing to tell them that the man I called husband for years is a fake and a killer who has come to reap where he did not sow.

@longesegun
m.facebook.com/longe.segun

Wow! I love it! It was a sweet read!
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by Nostradamus: 1:15am On Jan 16, 2015
officialEGO:

walahi,some people tire me for this nairaland
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by Marynneka(f): 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
I pity Tomi, may God forgive her and send her help. Nice story and very pathetic.
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by stonecoldcafe: 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
officialEGO:

Yeah but u didn't hv 2quote d entire story!
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by NaijaOriginal: 7:03am On Jan 17, 2015
Open Letter to djmask

Hi,
When I came across your story titled "I Killed my Husband", my first impression was "another nollywood inspired writer, lemme read the story to while away time" but believe me, you swept me off, how you achieve that prompt this letter, please read on.

I am new in reading Literatures, especially on Nairaland but with due respect to those lovely writers here, I think you stand out.

You didn't start the story as we expect it to come or let me say as I expected it to go, you brought in a new style of introducing your characters at least to me, and the flow of the story is Superb.

I salute you sir, you are doing a wonderful work on this one, I hereby beg you for more updates as quickly as possible.

Regards

1 Like

Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by djmask(m): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
Re: NaijaOriginal
Enough respect. Thanks for your kind words, you truly stirred something in me.

1 Like

Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by officialEGO(f): 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
Nostradamus:
walahi,some people tire me for this nairaland
Especially people like you! There r better ways to comment and correct.

1 Like

Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by officialEGO(f): 8:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Yeah but u didn't hv 2quote d entire story!
Now I know, thanks.
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by Nostradamus: 12:47am On Jan 19, 2015
officialEGO:

Especially people like you! There r better ways to comment and correct.
i will appreciate it if you keep yur comments to yourself rather than making unnecessary quotes,madam 'better-ways-to-correct'
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by officialEGO(f): 7:04am On Jan 19, 2015
Nostradamus:
i will appreciate it if you keep yur comments to yourself rather than making unnecessary quotes,madam 'better-ways-to-correct'
I'd appreciate if you stop commenting too Nostradamus!
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by Nostradamus: 11:17am On Jan 19, 2015
officialEGO:

I'd appreciate if you stop commenting too Nostradamus!
MADEMOISELLE,STOP MAKING USELESS QUOTES....YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT YOU MADE READING MORE BORING WITHOUT BEING TOLD!!!
AM COCK-SURE YOU WON'T TAKE TO CORRECTION
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by Nostradamus: 11:20am On Jan 19, 2015
Nostradamus:
MADEMOISELLE,STOP MAKING USELESS QUOTES....YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT YOU MADE READING MORE BORING WITHOUT BEING TOLD!!!
AM COCK-SURE YOU WON'T TAKE TO CORRECTION
who's the daft moderator who modified my post,i typed'COCK-SURE'what's bad in that?
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by djmask(m): 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nostradamus:
who's the daft moderator who modified my post,i typed'COCK-SURE'what's bad in that?
You seem like an angry somebody. The lady appreciate ur malicious correction but as an egoistic man, you can't take a woman bringing u a little bit down.
Now you are attacking an inbuilt software on nairaland that is meant to correct ur inflammatory words. The Buhari we support won't side u on this my Bro.
Re: I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) by Nostradamus: 5:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
djmask:
You seem like an angry somebody. The lady appreciate ur malicious correction but as an egoistic man, you can't take a woman bringing u a little bit down.
Now you are attacking an inbuilt software on nairaland that is meant to correct ur inflammatory words. The Buhari we support won't side u on this my Bro.
kk

SAI BUHARI
#GMB2015

(1) (Reply)

How I Became My Father's Concubine (episode 2) / The Pregnant Virgin / 20 Ways To Live Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.