Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Look For Job Or Get A Msc After Youth Corp - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Look For Job Or Get A Msc After Youth Corp (3664 Views)

Staying on my job or Further Training? / Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) / Msc After Service Or Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look For Job Or Get A Msc After Youth Corp by xtrix: 9:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
tanimola22:

Your strategy is good. You've to be careful what you hear. What is obtainable in Nigeria's investment banks is not exactly same as what you find in other places. If you were talking about big 4 or commercial banks, then that could be a whole different dynamics altogether. I particularly know people - my former students and others, who got entry level accounting jobs KPMG, PWc etc, with BSc. However, for investment banks, things are rapidly changing in the industry as of recently and we are talking about investment banks here.

At entry level, someone with a BSc + Master's and or no professional qualifications is much more likely to get an interview, and hence a job, than someone with a BSc alone. This is a recent development due to the massive growth of second degree/professional degree holders in Nigeria. The paper qualification standards are now high and these companies now have the power to cherry pick. This is not the same when the BSc holder has some nice experience. You've to know specific things about any industry you are considering and try to speak with people who are in that industry.

I got my first job in the industry in 2008 and I must confess that if it was now, I might not have gotten a chance..Because there are now equally smart people or even better, much younger than I was, who not only have a combination of CFA and ICAN/ACCA, but also a foreign master's degree. Things have changed in the industry! I usually stylishly tell people who entered the industry many years ago to always count their blessings. It is much competitive now, but it is still very possible. Don't worry, things will work out for you..

When you're ready, do me an email. Some people 'may' be happy to hire any smart person who wants to work for free, to gather some experience.

T22.

i'm so ready bruv, went to chapel advisory partners and citibank today.. dropped my cv and chapell said they contact me on monday when the HR is available while citibank was beating around the bush... still on still i thank God

I'm ready to work for free, i'm up to the task.. can u pm ur email
Thans and God bless you so much
Re: Look For Job Or Get A Msc After Youth Corp by tanimola22: 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2015
xtrix:

i'm so ready bruv, went to chapel advisory partners and citibank today.. dropped my cv and chapell said they contact me on monday when the HR is available while citibank was beating around the bush... still on still i thank God

I'm ready to work for free, i'm up to the task.. can u pm ur email
Thans and God bless you so much

Chapel Hill is great. You are now moving, nice one. They pay a good salary, around 6M for someone with just 2-3.5 years work experience. Bolaji runs it. Let me know how it goes.

If it gets tough, don't worry. I will provide you the email and name of their HR Manager. You must not share this information. You will also search for her on LinkedIn and follow her through Linkedin, email and even phone..No, I won't give her phone number yet!

You will have to sell yourself and why you want to work for almost free, or even free. You tell them you want to do master's very soon, but you really need some work experience and really won't mind working for free to get that work experience. Tell them you don't want to do master's without at least some work experience.

I won't be pressing bottoms for you by talking to the people you will meet at these places (I know many of them), but I will provide you with all the information you will need and allow your faith work miracles for you.

Send me you CV and a cover letter. The cover letter should state your willingness to work for free and why..The why is what I've written above. When we are fine with the CV and cover letter, I will then send you the email the lady's email to send it to. You will do a follow up via Linkedin, email or, if no answer, by visiting her.

Let me know what your GPA is in the email you will send to me. Also, you have to be fast with these things because you are now in competition with other people reading this your thread cheesy

My email is very public. Look below.

2 Likes

Re: Look For Job Or Get A Msc After Youth Corp by xtrix: 7:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
tanimola22:

Chapel Hill is great. You are now moving, nice one. They pay a good salary, around 6M for someone with just 2-3.5 years work experience. Bolaji runs it. Let me know how it goes.

If it gets tough, don't worry. I will provide you the email and name of their HR Manager. You must not share this information. You will also search for her on LinkedIn and follow her through Linkedin, email and even phone..No, I won't give her phone number yet!

You will have to sell yourself and why you want to work for almost free, or even free. You tell them you want to do master's very soon, but you really need some work experience and really won't mind working for free to get that work experience. Tell them you don't want to do master's without at least some work experience.

I won't be pressing bottoms for you by talking to the people you will meet at these places (I know many of them), but I will provide you with all the information you will need and allow your faith work miracles for you.

Send me you CV and a cover letter. The cover letter should state your willingness to work for free and why..The why is what I've written above. When we are fine with the CV and cover letter, I will then send you the email the lady's email to send it to. You will do a follow up via Linkedin, email or, if no answer, by visiting her.

Let me know what your GPA is in the email you will send to me. Also, you have to be fast with these things because you are now in competition with other people reading this your thread cheesy

My email is very public. Look below.

my CGPA is 4.2
would really appreciate it Sir
i have forwarded my CV and Cover letter to your email address Sir
Re: Look For Job Or Get A Msc After Youth Corp by tanimola22: 7:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
Woops , thought GPA was private. Cool though, will check my email and get back to you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Career Prospects Of An Hnd Mechanical Engineering Graduate / Highest Paying Insurance Companies! / Differences Between Pyramid Schemes & Referral Or Network Marketing Or MLM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.