Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva (22251 Views)

Nigerians Regret Voting Out Jonathan – Ghana's Ruling Party / We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso / I Told Jonathan He Would Lose -– TB Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by oludashmi(f): 5:20am On Jan 14, 2015
From FEMI FOLARANMI, Yenagoa

Former Bayelsa State governor, Chief Timipre Sylva, has opened up on why he is backing General Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) against President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Sylva, who was speaking in an interactive session with Bayelsans monitored on a radio station, Royal FM based in Yenagoa, said he was working for Buhari in 2015 because Jonathan had failed the Niger Delta people.

While noting that he had disowned Jonathan as his brother, he pointed out that the Jonathan Presidency had dashed the hopes of the Niger Delta people.

He said the decision to support General Buhari was based on convictions and the need for change in the polity.

Sylva stated that he was ready to work for his newly found political friends in the APC than to work for President Jonathan who plotted his downfall from office.

His words: “What has Bayelsa gained from the Presidency? Where is the federal project in the state that is significant? I don’t see any. Not even electricity is available in Otuoke. And you have the Presidency. If I have somebody else that is not my brother but a friend with my interest at heart, it is better. Sometimes, a good friend is better than a bad brother. If a good friend can come and give us electricity and good jobs, I will go for that good friend rather than go for that bad brother. Look at Bayelsa. Look at Niger Delta.

“Look at the East-West Road under a brother. Why hasn’t the road been fixed under a brother? Why is the Brass LNG not working under a brother because we know where the project was under Obasanjo? Why is it that all they promised us under Amnesty has not been fulfilled? You remember they promised us a new city. Where are those small cities under our brother? Is there any serious institution established here to empower our youths to give them skills? Where is the institution built in Bayelsa. Nothing has been done. What has been done is that their cronies have bought some private jets. Is that what Bayelsa is about? Is that what Niger Delta Presidency is about? We all fought for this power but certain people have hijacked it.”

He broke his silence on what caused the political feud between him and President Jonathan leading to his being barred from contesting the PDP governorship primaries.

According to him his refusal to complete the controversial Tower Hotel in the state led Jonathan to move against him.

Sylva, who declared that the project was a waste, alleged that his refusal to do President Jonathan’s bidding on the project cost him his job as governor.

He said he could not understand why billions of naira would be spent on the hotel project which would not benefit Bayelsans.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=100117

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by jaysniggs: 5:30am On Jan 14, 2015
And some left thinking humans will come here and start writing horrible things like "GEJ till 2019".

147 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by NaijaOptimist: 5:37am On Jan 14, 2015
Even his hinsmen have deserted him.

Sai Buhari

134 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 14, 2015
Gej is a self centered mumu

83 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 14, 2015
Even otuoke rejects him

where will this GEJ guy retire to come May 29th?

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by kokozain(m): 5:48am On Jan 14, 2015
This is clear evidence of what GEJ people are facing in the creeks

51 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by gebest: 5:50am On Jan 14, 2015
A good friend is better than a bad brother, i concor.

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by yuio33: 5:53am On Jan 14, 2015

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by mistabiola: 5:55am On Jan 14, 2015
Thanks for the enlightenment ,we all know he is a clueless coward.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by Yugosng(m): 6:10am On Jan 14, 2015
Boys are not smiling

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by malele(m): 6:22am On Jan 14, 2015
Imagine Timipre siLvEr, and peopLe will still call that goat progressive

15 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by Burger01(m): 6:35am On Jan 14, 2015
Jonathan is a disappointment to this country.

We need to repair our country. We must strive for change, We must vote wisely. Vote for government of integrity and not for government of corruption and psychopaths,.

We need Change and we are getting that 'change' with our votes come Febuhari 14th 2015...

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by ShakurM(m): 7:12am On Jan 14, 2015
Pointer 1,987,654 . To kick Jona out!
Sylvia, Tnks jare 4 calling his attention...he go do the light 4 Otueke no worry cos after Feb, na there e go dey! I fit bet my...

10 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by Daniel058(m): 7:13am On Jan 14, 2015
NA wah ooooooo .. We the E-POLITICIANS are in need of 4 GiG to move on, cool cool we know say after this campaign, una go see us through grin grin grin .... abi no be so my FIFL people?? ... SAI OKECHUKWU BUHARI grin grin JONATHAN

2 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by ifeelgood: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2015
I wonder what he takes before steping out for campaigns. He's always looking confused when on the podium, even when reading a script, as if Ameachi will appear there to rebuff his lies.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by DickDastardly(m): 7:14am On Jan 14, 2015
Judas iscariot of Bayelsa grin
SYLVA - The most pained and frustrated Bayelsan cool

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by Dondave11: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2015
Both candidates ain't fit for the presidential seat..

16 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by Flye: 7:15am On Jan 14, 2015
Who does not know that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by plainmirror(m): 7:15am On Jan 14, 2015
9ja is a 21st century comedy in 3D. I had wanted Buhari to defeat mr clueless but y can't he provide his basic educational certificate?

Precedents matters cos if it is been overlooked, touts might give presidential position a shot in d future.

4 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by raumdeuter: 7:15am On Jan 14, 2015
Everyone has abandoned Jonathan, Even his successor to the seat of Governor

I think the Goodluck has deserted him

21 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by Vicotex(m): 7:15am On Jan 14, 2015
Gej move on, we are with you.

Abeg make una tell that Ex Gov to shut his gutter or else he'll get crush by GEJ campaign train

8 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by Autolord: 7:15am On Jan 14, 2015
sylva you are useless...what did you do while in govt.? [size=40pt] amaechi says pdp govt. did not do anything in the last 15 years yet he served as speaker and governor under pdp for the past 15 years and the only thing he achieved is buying 4 jets even the monorail is a scam...same with that frog called tinubu [/size] are Nigerians blind or what?

amaechi did nothing with sooo much oil wealth...just monorail he couldnt achieve for 8 years as governor [size=15pt]yet he could buy a number of jets and wanted to collect loan to provide water for rivers people...THUNDER FIRE sylva and amaechi[/size]

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by hotgunz(m): 7:15am On Jan 14, 2015
See ds first class fool oooo, so for all d mata were dey ground na self center d worry u?

2 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by rozayx5(m): 7:16am On Jan 14, 2015
see thief talking grin grin grin grin

i heard this EFCC customer is now a "progressive" cheesy cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by obicentlis: 7:16am On Jan 14, 2015
#gejmustgo

3 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 14, 2015
Excerpts from Obj's book:

“The longest period that I have met one-on-one with the president was for one hour and ten minutes. That whole time, the president talked about nothing that was in the interest of Nigeria; instead he kept pointing out his supposed enemies and various matters that would not serve his interests. I could not stop myself from blurting out: “Mr President, no Nigerian should be your enemy. You have to be like rain falling on good and bad people alike. With that experience, I was not surprised that the president went dancing twenty-four hours after the Nyanya explosion.”

“I understand the president tried to make excuses for everyone, but President Jonathan is not too weak to be able to butter his bread and, if necessary, to engage the services of Satan to achieve his self-centered interests on the altar of all else.”

Sylva has been vindicated..LOBATAN!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by peddyholly: 7:16am On Jan 14, 2015
Nor be ur fellow cohort? All of una be thieves

2 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by jmoore(m): 7:17am On Jan 14, 2015
I only appreciate messages from good people. Mumu Timipre sylva, what have you done for Bayelsa?

Every thief is now a progressive, What an abomination!!

10 Likes

Re: Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva by colossus2: 7:17am On Jan 14, 2015
Whoever nigerians vote, na dem know.
We all need to kick out corruption

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Uyo, Akwa Ibom / Okonjo-iweala Denied Presenting "GEJ Corruption" Document To Buhari / "Buhari In Benue To Commission Cemetery" – PDP Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.