Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,533 members, 7,808,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) (46589 Views)

"I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi Lies Again (photos) / Donald Trump Blasts Nigeria Again!! - (A Joke) / Governor El-rufai Visits VP Osinbajo In His Office At The Villa Again..photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
They always do it.
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by uken73(m): 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
Why won't they?
Anything that makes the Giant of Africa look bad makes them high.

6 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Franchise21(m): 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by LMAyedun(m): 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
This is really bad!

CNN always finding a way to paint Nigeria in a bad light.

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by datguru: 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
Let's sue them

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by YouthsPC0: 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
Aisha Sesay inspired! Lol
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Nikapetrelli(f): 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
Reporting wateva pleases them
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by kccarew(f): 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
This was yester's news, I saw it, wanted To thread about it, but I realise it aint worth it

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by joseph1832(m): 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
Might be an expensive mistake lipsrsealed
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by tunisbaba(m): 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
sometimes wen i read news from CNN about Nigeria, i use to tink mayb am not living in d country.i av seen many news dere dat are not true or exagerrated.A recent one was dat Boko Haram killed 2000 people in Baga, Borno State

2 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Guyman02: 3:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
Aljazeera does the same thing which led to Egypt jailing their journalists for faking and creating news ontheir own.

I captured this one from my TV set of the Aljazeera correspondent claiming to be reporting from Madala in Niger State meanwhile the background shows that he is in Area 10 Garki, Abuja with the Tower of the National Christian Centre very visible behind him.

Last time also a CNN correspondent was reporting from a local market I know very well in Abuja while claiming she was in a market bombed by suicide bombers in Maiduguri.

10 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
commented here
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by nosagold(m): 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
I'm waiting for the person that will say "See what GEJ has caused"
#Sai GEJ
Infact we should be talking about GEJ for third term because he has won 2nd term already.

Listen to my new track featuring Buhari
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f8b4e2b2 download and share

2 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by ostopsmich(m): 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
Why u ppl surprised? APC @ work nah...they want to do everything to taint the image of this country jez to reach the centre but I pray every plan of the evil people over this country shall fail in Jesus name (Amen)

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by kaokao2015: 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
Please i want to confirm if the News has just been release today on CNN.
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by uchelouis45(m): 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
johnie:
Same way an american "expert" claimed over the weekend on FOX that Birmingham (in the UK) is a "Muslim-only city" where non-Muslims "don't go."

Steven Emerson told the channel that in London "Muslim religious police" beat "anyone who doesn't dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire".

He has now been forced to issue an apology after a lot of people called for his head.

An American terrorism commentator has apologised for describing Birmingham as a "Muslim-only city" where non-Muslims "don't go" during a Fox News interview.

Steven Emerson told the channel that in London "Muslim religious police" beat "anyone who doesn't dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire".

He later issued an apology for his "terrible error".

His comments have come in for ridicule, with the hashtag #FoxNewsFacts trending on Twitter.

Mr Emerson, who founded a group called The Investigative Project on Terrorism, was giving his perspective on the terror attacks in France to Fox presenter Jeanine Pirro.

'Check your facts'
Birmingham City Council said Mr Emerson's "curious" comments had no foundation, and welcomed his apology, while Birmingham Edgbaston MP Gisela Stuart described the remarks as "stupid".

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/80202000/png/_80202071_tweet_02.png

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/80202000/png/_80202073_tweet_04.png

On social media, Mr Emerson has been the butt of jokes, while he has been accused of "speaking nonsense" by people posting on his investigative website.

One Twitter user said: "As someone born and raised in Birmingham, I must admit there was a pressure to read the Kerrang."

"I was supposed to go to Birmingham last week but I forgot my passport," said another.

The Guardian's Simon Ricketts on #FoxNewsFacts
I was at home and the video of the Fox News "expert" Steve Emerson had popped up on my Twitter feed and people were rightly expressing their disbelief at what he had said.

I thought it might be funny to counteract the anger with silliness, so I wrote a tweet and stuck the hashtag (#FoxNewsFacts) on it.

Sometimes the best response to such nonsense is satire and mockery, rather than anger and outrage.

Immediately, that proved successful and the people of Twitter did what they do best at times - took an idea and ran with it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-30773297

[size=16pt]Maybe we should create a trend #ReportNigeriaCorrectly or #ReportAfricaCorrectly[/size]

[size=18pt]#BringBokoHaramToJustice[/size]

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by tpraiz(m): 3:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
@least the reporters get paid for the reports:::::::::why worry ourselves??
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by studded(m): 3:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
Cwhyte:
Is BH really attacking the western Nigeria?
or CNN reporters just want to condemn the whole of Nigeria?

Are you just noticing?

....and some enemies of progress will not find out facts. No be today na. God pass them sha

Abeg, make I sleep small....lol.

2 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
Am not suprised. sad

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by stinggy(m): 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
Where is Emperor when you need him? angry
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by UnknownT: 3:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
musiwa, your kingdom is under boko attack
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by juniormusa(m): 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
This is really bad, they just want to spoil Nigeria's image and reputation..
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Samchelsea(m): 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Use your brain. Was their '3000' death toll in Baga also a typographical error?
I presume they gave the report based on the account of information they got from those who escaped from the attack
Note: I'm not supporting them but it maybe a mistake

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by juniormusa(m): 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
This is really bad, they just want to spoil Nigeria's image and reputation.
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Trailblazer1(m): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
johnie:
Same way an american "expert" claimed over the weekend on FOX that Birmingham (in the UK) is a "Muslim-only city" where non-Muslims "don't go."

He has now been forced to issue an apology after a lot of people called for his head.

An American terrorism commentator has apologised for describing Birmingham as a "Muslim-only city" where non-Muslims "don't go" during a Fox News interview.

Steven Emerson told the channel that in London "Muslim religious police" beat "anyone who embarasseddoesn't dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire".

He later issued an apology for his "terrible error".

His comments have come in for ridicule, with the hashtag #FoxNewsFacts trending on Twitter.

Mr Emerson, who founded a group called The Investigative Project on Terrorism, was giving his perspective on the terror attacks in France to Fox presenter Jeanine Pirro.

'Check your facts'
Birmingham City Council said Mr Emerson's "curious" comments had no foundation, and welcomed his apology, while Birmingham Edgbaston MP Gisela Stuart described the remarks as "stupid".

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/80202000/png/_80202071_tweet_02.png

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/80202000/png/_80202073_tweet_04.png

On social media, Mr Emerson has been the butt of jokes, while he has been accused of "speaking nonsense" by people posting on his investigative website.

One Twitter user said: "As someone born and raised in Birmingham, I must admit there was a pressure to read the Kerrang."

"I was supposed to go to Birmingham last week but I forgot my passport," said another.

The Guardian's Simon Ricketts on #FoxNewsFacts
I was at home and the video of the Fox News "expert" Steve Emerson had popped up on my Twitter feed and people were rightly expressing their disbelief at what he had said.

I thought it might be funny to counteract the anger with silliness, so I wrote a tweet and stuck the hashtag (#FoxNewsFacts) on it.

Sometimes the best response to such nonsense is satire and mockery, rather than anger and outrage.

Immediately, that proved successful and the people of Twitter did what they do best at times - took an idea and ran with it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-30773297

[size=16pt]Maybe we should create a trend #ReportNigeriaCorrectly or #ReportAfricaCorrectly[/size]

[size=18pt]#BringBokoHaramToJustice[/size]

Make it trend.

#ReportNigeriaCorrectlyCNN

2 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by duni04(m): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
We've been busy fantasising about Buharis daughter all week, after Boko haram killed thousands in Baga. some were even complaining that the world didn't care bout the massacre in Nigeria. Now that the western media is trying to Bring attention to the killings in Nigeria, we're suddenly taking offence cos someone chipped in a typo!
The west should just leave us alone to kill ourselves, we're savages that are not worth an ounce of anyone's attention undecided

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Mogidi: 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
I believe they were only predicting the future, bokoharam is expected to be welcomed with open arms when they venture westward. There are millions of Muslims in the SW to be used as cannon fodder.

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by nationwide1(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
Cwhyte:
Is BH really attacking the western Nigeria?
or CNN reporters just want to condemn the whole of Nigeria?
Have you all forgotten the attack on Ekiti prison? Is Ekiti in northern Nigeria?
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by MARKone(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
False reporting, western media propaganda. It is this same reporter from CNN that was defending GEJ, on why the FG chose to empathise publicly with the french people, but decided to remain silent on the Baga killing.
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by ozoigbondu: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
This is why i don't watch CNN or fox or even bbc.All this western media are so unashamedly biased when it comes to africa or even the middle east they are only intrested in reporting only negative things out of africa

So i recommend you watch aljazerra they are not as biased as those ignoramiuses anchoring western news angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose Welcomes Atiku Abubakar As He Arrives Akure Airport (Photos) / Boko Haram Blocks Yobe Highway, Battles Soldiers In Adamawa / Primate Ayodele: 'Blood Will Flow, Nigeria May Disintegrate'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.