Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) (48987 Views)

Nigerian Woman Who Many Called Barren Gives Birth At 40 Years Old (photos) / Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Odunayomhy(m): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
Our ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥·̵̭̌✽̤̥̈̊ G̶̲̥̅☀̤̣̈̇D̶̲̥̅.̤̥̈̊·̵̭̌»̶̥-̶̯͡┈̥⌣ is an awesome ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥·̵̭̌✽̤̥̈̊ G̶̲̥̅☀̤̣̈̇D̶̲̥̅.̤̥̈̊·̵̭̌»̶̥-̶̯͡┈̥⌣!! Wow
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Xynthialuvy(f): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=MizMyColi post=29782506]This is God, this is just God, God the creator and giver of all life.

I pray, for everyone who seek the fruit of the womb, for everyone who consider themselves late comers and late bloomers.

This is Your Year. Your Moment of Glory. Amazing Blazing Glory Will Surely Locate You.

Amen.
smiley
[/quote

Amen in Jesus name. ]

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by importexpert(m): 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
Awwww, thats tooo nice. May Allah help her and make her kind n charm!

importExpert assisted.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by goldenvicky(f): 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
The God that makes impossibilities possible
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by dnawah(m): 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
MizMyColi:
This is God, this is just God, God the creator and giver of all life.

I pray, for everyone who seek the fruit of the womb, for everyone who consider themselves late comers and late bloomers.

This is Your Year. Your Moment of Glory. Amazing Blazing Glory Will Surely Locate You.

Amen.
smiley
back to sender.i mean may u get u wish us.amengrin
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by DEllaluv(f): 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
Glory be to God
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by gohzieh(m): 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
Yeah thanks be to God. I suspect the hands of the APC here.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
And you are a family counselor... right?

justwise:

No you respect my opinion, if you don't like it then move on to another post, the thread is here for us to comment on and i just did that.

Age is not on her side, you don't have child for family members to look after, the child needs the mother and father.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by idu1(m): 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
How possible? Dr lagusta, lomaxx nd marioking confirm that...
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Lagusta(m): 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
idu1:

Very possible....
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by lilian(f): 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
This God is great and marvelous in working. He never change no fail.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
idu1:

It is possible anyway and I hope it isn't through IVF?

Pregnancy over age 50 has, over recent years, become more possible for women, due to recent advances in assisted reproductive technology, in particular egg donation. Typically, a woman's fecundity ends with menopause, which by definition is 12 consecutive months without having had any menstrual flow at all. During perimenopause, the menstrual cycle and the periods become irregular and eventually stop altogether, but even when periods are still regular, the egg quality of women in their forties is typically dramatically lower than in younger women, making the likelihood of conceiving a healthy baby also dramatically lower, particularly after age 42. Men, in contrast, generally remain fertile throughout their lives, although the risk of genetic defects is greatly increased due to the paternal age effect.

Other sources claim that men might experience a decline in fertility starting in their late 30s.
In the United States, between 1997 and 1999, 539 births were reported among mothers over age 50, with 194 being over 55. According to statistics from the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority , in the UK more than 20 babies are born to women over age 50 per year through in-vitro fertilization with the use of donor oocytes (eggs). Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara is the oldest verified mother; she was aged 66 years 358 days when she gave birth to twins; she was 130 days older than Adriana Iliescu, who gave birth in 2005 to a baby girl. The children were conceived through IVF with donor eggs. The oldest verified mother to conceive naturally (listed currently in the Guinness Records) is Dawn Brooke (UK); she conceived a son at the age of 59 years in 1997 while taking oestrogen.

Medical considerations

The risk of pregnancy complications increases as the mother's age increases. Risks associated with childbearing over the age of 50 include an increased incidence of gestational diabetes, hypertension, delivery by caesarean section, miscarriage, preeclampsia, and placenta previa. In comparison to mothers between 20 and 29 years of age, mothers over 50 are at almost three times the risk of low birth weight, premature birth, and extremely premature birth; their risk of extremely low birth weight, small size for gestational age, and fetal mortality was almost double.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by harbarzzy(m): 10:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
A year of change!
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Austin234(m): 10:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
Dats a great testimony. Glory to God almighty
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Lilimax(f): 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
Thebrightest:
Na everything god dey do? Every little thing god god god. Abeg make person hear word jare!
Yes na everything God dey do. Without God there'll be no you. smiley
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by mimicue(f): 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
justwise:
Gave birth at 60? Selfishness, she will not have enough energy and time to bring up that child, the poor child will end up being her carer.

Just pray not to be in their shoes...she never chose that path ,who doesn't want to have a child early,,it should have been a grandchild but it's not and she wants to be a mother,,so don't judge ...Gods time is the best

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by funkymatics(f): 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
justwise:
Gave birth at 60? Selfishness, she will not have enough energy and time to bring up that child, the poor child will end up being her carer.

egbami selfishness ke. if God could do this what time and energy can't he give?
any way thank God for this miracle in the life of our personal person. shout out to all the Lydias.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
All those condemning the woman, I pray u find yourselves in her situation. Naira land oversabis.Did she ask of diaper money from anyone?God who Gave her this gift will surely strengthen her.its irresponsible to give birth at old age?says who?My kid brother was raised by my grand mum when my mum died. And some ITKs here are saying she can't raise her biological kid?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Expsbterror(m): 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=29782479][/quote]

#GOD.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Oladigun(m): 6:38am On Jan 15, 2015
That's their appointed period with God, Congratulation mama & papa aburo. But are sure this particular woman is up to 60 ?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Elinob(m): 7:15am On Jan 15, 2015
All women have a different blessing, some have at 70 .
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Dahjhi: 7:46am On Jan 15, 2015
Tenim47:
risin my face wit hypo. Cnt beliv wat i c
and trusted hypo, it will wipe o... And to topic THIS IS THE HAND OF GOD
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by amokeme(f): 10:57am On Jan 15, 2015
Gloriagee:
Anything wrong with adoption, please? I'm just so tripped by people that adopt
please do you know anything about the process here in Nigeria?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by hadleyk: 11:12am On Jan 15, 2015
damn, now thats a miracle
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by blank(f): 11:18am On Jan 15, 2015
chimchim1:
I am sure it was IVF they did.

IVF? At 60yrs? Which doctor will do IVF for her at that age? That's why i want to see her pregnancy picture. Cos baby factories exist because they have customers.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
I thank God o but
Any pregnancy picture?
Was she still ovulating at 59?
Did she freeze her egg?
Which hospital helped her?

These r questions good journalists ask when cases like this r mentioned.
Let's leave church aside cos I've seen,heard testimonies like this which when investigated very well, baby factory was connected.

Nigerians r too gullible. If u ask question, u r limiting God's power and who r u to ask question.

But some of us don't buy sensational news any longer.

It was on one lagos TV station that a woman gave testimony of having a miracle child,then after one week had another(boy). That dd dr didn't know she was carrying twins shocked grin.
And we all bought and spread it.

So until I see d tummy, her scan,her pregnancy test result and d dr that handled her comes out to confirm, I ain't gonna believe this.
This is d normal procedure everywhere for miraculous birth. It should even be d dr that handled her case who is in a position to tell us what happened(advert) and awaiting mums will troop to his hospital.
Enuf of this miracle this miracle that.
Why do we go to school at all?
Tufia.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
blank:

IVF? At 60yrs? Which doctor will do IVF for her at that age? That's why i want to see her pregnancy picture. Cos baby factories exist because they have customers.
So there r people who still reason well here?
Thanks o dear.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by pickabeau1: 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2015
TV01

very entertaining discourse on equality, ageism and natural birth windows

I remember that thread on egg freezing where birth outside natural windows was hailed as the best thing since sliced bread grin grin grin

revisionism can be so fun
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by cococandy(f): 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
TV01:

No, not in the sense you appear to be thinking.

Adam was created for immortality. The entrance of sin and hence corruption gave rise to death. Life expectancy was in the high hundreds at that point - reducing over time - but by antidiluvian (post flood) times, life expectancy was pretty much what we'd consider within normal range now, if a little higher

Imagine humans with perfect genomes/DNA, in a perfectly balanced world. Huge, mad healthy...Do you not claim "Christian"? Have you not studied the scriptures??

TV
totally off topic. Unrelated and you can choose not answer.

I've always wondered. Since sin is the cause of mortality, what if man hadn't sinned? What if he upheld the simple rule God gave in the garden of Eden And lived with the immortality we are made to believe was his right from creation.

Where in all that did God take population expansion into consideration seeing as he gave us the mandate to go into the world and multiply.
Was the earth supposed to expand to meet the teeming population?

Or is it possible that the death which is our punishment for sin not the physical kind of death?

I think death is absolutely necessary and if human beings didn't die to make space for new ones,the human race would have imploded on itself,so I find it confusing that the bible says it is punishment for sin. A punishment he pronounced on Adam and eve when they sinned.

So if they didn't sin we would have just continued to grow in population over the millions of years with no death?
So I'm wondering again if the earth was supposed to grow with us.

#just thinking out aloud

What do you think?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by dein77(m): 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
God in action. There's NO impossibility with Him.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by TV01(m): 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
cococandy:
totally off topic. Unrelated and you can choose not answer.
...my pleasure m'lady.

cococandy:
I've always wondered. Since sin is the cause of mortality, what if man hadn't sinned? What if he upheld the simple rule God gave in the garden of Eden And lived with the immortality we are made to believe was his right from creation.
Then I'd probably be physically teleporting between galaxies in a body even a gym-rat like me can only fantasise about. And probalby not driving some que-que German car angry!

A good one - as all hard ones are grin!

I can't say i've thought about it too much.Without researching further, I'm happy to say this much under advice; I believe the scripture suggests, that although Adam was created immortal, he was not yet "like God" or "God-like". I believe this was his ultimate destiny before sin. How that would have played out on reproduction, I can't say.

cococandy:
where in all that did God take population expansion into consideration seeing as he gave us the mandate to go into the world and multiply. Was the earth supposed to expand to meet the teeming population?
In terms of Adam doing what he did and us now being what we are - mere humans awaiting the full adoption and transformation of our bodies - the earth works, does it not? (did the mandate to go forth and multiply come before or after sin - or because of it?).

cococandy:
Or is it possible that the death which is our punishment for sin not the physical kind of death?
There are both physical and spiritual implications of death - in relation to sin, I believe it applies both ways.

[quote author=cococandy post=29813667]I think death is absolutely necessary and if human beings didn't die to make space for new ones,the human race would have imploded on itself,so I find it confusing that the bible says it is punishment for sin. A punishment he pronounced on Adam and eve when they sinned.
Death entered through sin, it was a consequence, but yes, a punishment if you like. So in our sinful state death works in a limited and also fallen physical world (sin effected the whole of creation as we know it/it pertains to us).

cococandy:
So if they didn't sin we would have just continued to grow in population over the millions of years with no death?
That is premised on the earth being our abode - sin or not. I don't know that was the case/plan. After the consumation - which effectively restores all things, we won't inhabit earth, we'll be in Gods presence, which for all I know could be the vastness of the universe itself. Whatever the case I don't think "face-me, head-butt you" issues will be of paramount concern.

I almost missed the "...over millions of years". I don't believe the bible scripture suggests God created man anywhere near millions of years ago.

cococandy:
So I'm wondering again if the earth was supposed to grow with us.
I've never had reason to think so. We are with God who fills all in all - who has "prepared a place for us...where there are "many mansions..."

cococandy:
#just thinking out aloud
As one should - always.

cococandy:
What do you think?
I can't say with 100% certainty, but I have no concerns as such.

TV
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by bettiesofttouch(f): 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
Indeed our God is the God that makes the impossible possible because his ways are not that of men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) / Kids Drinking Dry Gin In Lagos (Photo) / Would You Place This Bottled Water Sofa In Your Living Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.