Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,407 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 (2728 Views)

Senators React To Obasanjo, Babangida And Abdulsalami's Meeting In Minna / Photo Of Babangida With Obasanjo & Abdulsalami Abubakar / Bindow Jibrilla Visits IBB & Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
“There is palpable desperation everywhere in the land; we are in a situation in which everyone is dissatisfied with what is going on, but nobody is sure of what to do, or what is going to happen next,” Abubakar stated
Jonathan should adhere to the words of wisdom. He has failed and we all need change
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Remarkable: 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
Bayswater:
Why won't the white-bearded Father Christmas call for change? He knows his oil licence would be taken off him in 2016 if GEJ remains president.

90% of those clamouring for change are doing so for one selfish reason or the other.

I've come to know that's how politics work in Nigeria.

The funny thing is that he didn't say what the title is insinuating - that there should be change.

If you ask APShitters to highlight where the General called for a change in government, they will start cursing and swearing or calling their father names.

You are so on-point on those that have interests to protect, seeking to have a government that protects that interest for them.

The change Nigeria really needs is the change where no part of the country feels it is their birthright to rule, and begin terrorizing the populous because they are not in power.

At times this country disgusts me.
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by saharachic(f): 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
barcanista:
Jonathan should adhere to the words of wisdom. He has failed and we all need change

in a sane country, either the president resigns, he gets impeached or he takes drastic action carrying the people along
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
saharachic:

in a sane country, either the president resigns, he gets impeached or he takes drastic action carrying the people along
It is easier for a pig to fly than for a President to be impeached in Nigeria. I wouldn't even want him to resign except his deputy will resign with him. The man is just too weak and lack idea on his job role
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Remarkable: 9:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
BigB11:

I agree...

really?
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Remarkable: 9:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
BigB11:

I agree...

The solution to our complicated problems, according to you is simple, yet you believe it is only Buhari that can solve this problem?

When people say there is something wrong in Nigeria, I believe it is people like you that are the problem with Nigeria; the thinking is not straight, but crooked; you don't believe in yourself and are easily led along without asking questions.

I am not surprised that it is the same brain that believes no one else but Buhari can produce a simple solution, farts out things such as GEJ being tired, voting for Buhari and other delusions of grandeur you posted there.

Lord have mercy!
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
The man called for change in how the country is governed and not who governs the country.

People are clearly fixed in what they want to hear. I hope you guys are not simply preparing grounds for bloodshed when Buhari fails next month because I have never seen a group of adults believe their own lie so passionately!
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by saharachic(f): 10:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
mikeansy:
The man called for change in how the country is governed and not who governs the country.

I just tire for you oh. You see BALL in front of you spell am LLAB. Na wao!
Why are you contradicting yourself? In governance, the how and the who in government is an inseparable link. You are the one to understand Abdulsalami.
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
saharachic:

I just tire for you oh. You see BALL in front of you spell am LLAB. Na wao!
Why are you contradicting yourself? In governance, the how and the who in government is an inseparable link. You are the one to understand Abdulsalami.

The bolded is not necessarily true

A left wing politician governing with his left-wing policies can come under pressure and hence as a result moderate his policies and move to centric policies.

That's change in Governance or how the country is governed without necessarily changing the President.

Such President can also alter his governance style by reshuffling his cabinet.

Government is an institution, it can change without changing the leader.

To conclude that Abdusalam is calling for change of President based on the article in this thread is not only naïve but quite frankly ignorant!

(1) (2) (Reply)

REVEALED : Why America Quit Helping Jonathan Govt Find Chibok Girls. / Buhari Call Osinbajo Wife Professor Mrs Osinbajo / See What Donald Trump Said About Hilary Clinton! (must See!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.