Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:02 PM

Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? (1761 Views)

Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? / Which Bible Story Would You Love To Recreate.for Theist And Atheist Alike / Which Bible Prophet/hero Would You Like To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
The bible is the word of God, truly inspired by him in all respects and aspects.

My question is, which bible is the inspired word of God ?
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by haffaze777(m): 5:45am On Jan 15, 2015
frosbel:
The bible is the word of God, truly inspired by him in all respects and aspects.

if only u can ask holy spirit
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by shdemidemi(m): 7:31am On Jan 15, 2015
Joker!
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by lanrexlan(m): 8:19am On Jan 15, 2015
Queen James Bible.
Lol
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by vest(m): 8:47am On Jan 15, 2015
haffaze777:

if only u can ask holy spirit
u that have ask the holy spirit what was his reply

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by lepasharon(f): 9:08am On Jan 15, 2015
Coptic Bible
Catholic Bible
Protestant Bible ?
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by haffaze777(m): 10:36am On Jan 15, 2015
vest:
u that have ask the holy spirit what was his reply

d answer he gave me is dat I should shut up and accept anything my god of men told me gringrin
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by MrPresident1: 11:50am On Jan 15, 2015
I use the KJV. The literal rendition of the Word Of God as seen in the newer versions of the Bible is the single most criminal act in history.
Psalms 72:8
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by vest(m): 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
haffaze777:

d answer he gave me is dat I should shut up and accept anything my god of men told me gringrin
hmm! this one is strrrrng!

i say dis one is very strrrong!
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by vest(m): 2:41pm On Jan 15, 2015
lepasharon:
Coptic Bible
Catholic Bible
Protestant Bible ?
new word translation a.k.a jw's bible nnko?
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
My question is, out of the hundreds of bible versions we have today , which one is the inspired word of God , i.e infallible, inerrant and perfect.

Is it the KJV, Jewish Bible, Jerusalem Bible, Igbo Bible , Arab Bible, NIV, RSV, Good news, Yoruba Bible etc.

Which one out of these did God inspire ??
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
MrPresident1:
I use the KJV. The literal rendition of the Word Of God as seen in the newer versions of the Bible is the single most criminal act in history.
Psalms 72:8

Is the KJV bible the only inspired word of God ?
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2015
lepasharon:
Coptic Bible
Catholic Bible
Protestant Bible ?

Problem is , these three bibles are not perfectly aligned .
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
Is frosbel now considering Islam?
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by wordcat(m): 2:04pm On Feb 19, 2015
frosbel:
My question is, out of the hundreds of bible versions we have today , which one is the inspired word of God , i.e infallible, inerrant and perfect.

Is it the KJV, Jewish Bible, Jerusalem Bible, Igbo Bible , Arab Bible, NIV, RSV, Good news, Yoruba Bible etc.

Which one out of these did God inspire ??

They were inspired by ancient Jewish men and few Romans.
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by johnydon22(m): 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2015
grin grin

Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2015
do all of them have these contradiactions?

In the New Testament, there are contradictions between the genealogies of Jesus given in the first chapter of Matthew and the third chapter of Luke. Both genealogies begin with Joseph. But Matthew says Joseph’s father was Jacob, while Luke claims he was Heli. Matthew lists 26 generations between Jesus and King David, whereas Luke records 41. Matthew runs Jesus’ line of descent through David’s son Solomon, while Luke has it going through David’s son Nathan.

2. The story of Jesus' birth is also contradictory. Matthew 2:13-15 depicts Joseph and Mary as fleeing to Egypt with the baby Jesus immediately after the wise men from the east had brought gifts. But Luke 2:22-40 claims that after the birth of Jesus, his parents remained in Bethlehem for the time of Mary’s purification (which was 40 days, under the Mosaic law). Afterwards, they brought Jesus to Jerusalem "to present him to the Lord," and then returned to their home in Nazareth. Luke mentions no journey into Egypt or visit by wise men from the east.

3. Concerning the death of Judas, Matthew 27:5 states he took the money he had received for betraying Jesus, threw it down in the temple, and "went and hanged himself." To the contrary, Acts 1:18 claims Judas used the money to purchase a field and "falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out

My question is which of these contradictory accounts is true and which is false, Obviously they cant all be true
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by esere826: 4:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
frosbel:

The bible is not the word of God
Though we tend to say this, but it is actually not.

that you call a baby an angel or your girlfriend your baby or chick doesn't mean that they are.
She's not a chicken but a grown woman.
that cute baby is no angel. he's got a pipi and has no wings.

So likewise the bible is not the word of God
it contains words from God, words from men, and words from demons too.
After all, a demon in the bible, as Jesus was about to cast it out, said "we are legion for we are many"
That was a demon, talking, and a man writing it down

If the bible is indeed the word of God
then we err in what we have
For we then should have only the original patches in the original languages without all these verses.

In that case also, we all should learn the original languages used in the scriptures and not add a jot or take away anything.

but NO
what we have are books where people try hard to bring together the original fragments and make it readable to all.

The bible is a great book which if properly discerned helps us in our journey with Christ who is the Word of God
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by johnydon22(m): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2015
esere826:

The bible is not the word of God
Though we tend to say this, but it is actually not.

that you call a baby an angel or your girlfriend your baby or chick doesn't mean that they are.
She's not a chicken but a grown woman.
that cute baby is no angel. he's got a pipi and has no wings.

So likewise the bible is not the word of God
it contains words from God, words from men, and words from demons too.
After all, a demon in the bible, as Jesus was about to cast it out, said "we are legion for we are many"
That was a demon, talking, and a man writing it down

If the bible is indeed the word of God
then we err in what we have
For we then should have only the original patches in the original languages without all these verses.

In that case also, we all should learn the original languages used in the scriptures and not add a jot or take away anything.

but NO
what we have are books where people try hard to bring together the original fragments and make it readable to all.

The bible is a great book which if properly discerned helps us in our journey with Christ who is the Word of God
lol so now the bible is not the word of God.

Dont let your christian brethren catch you saying that, in fact if they enter this thread now and this you are a gonner...lolzzz grin
Re: Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? by esere826: 5:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
johnydon22:

lol so now the bible is not the word of God.

Dont let your christian brethren catch you saying that, in fact if they enter this thread now and this you are a gonner...lolzzz grin

lol
funny

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Priest Assassinated In Owerri (graphic Pics) / How Did The Different Races Come About? / Science In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.