Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) (8626 Views)

Supporters And Friends Abandon Metuh In Court - Sahara Reporters / Memos To GMB: No 1 - Corruption / (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:22am On Jan 15, 2015
This thread was inspired by my encounter with a cab driver today. I boarded a cab ... as the journey progressed. The driver started talking about how APC's buhari was the best thing for Nigeria. After spending few minutes with him in that cab discussing politics ... This guy moved from been a buhari supporter to undecided.

All I basically did was share with him my conviction on why I think Good luck deserves a second term.
The first thing any buhari supporter would do when they start engaging you is complain about Jonathan government. Their complains revolves around three key themes. They are a) Corruption b) Insecurity c) and the economy.

In the next couple of days I would be addressing each of these themes on separate threads as I try to share with you my personal conviction.
for today I would Start with Corruption

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:22am On Jan 15, 2015
GEJ's fight against Corruption:
I am been told that Goodluck jonathan is not fighting corruption, that under him Nigeria has lost billions of naira. I hear about the 20Billion NNPC scandal, Stella Oduah & Faruok lawal's scandal, and how under him some corrupt people are going scot free. I am been told that Nigerian is drowning in corruption under his government.

MY RESPONSE : In my opinion, I would not want to absolve GEJ of all the blame, I think the reason most Nigerians think GEJ is not doing so much about corruption is because. GEJ has failed in communicating clearly his stance on corruption, Some of his statements on corruption, has sent a not so positive vibe in regards to his plans for tackling corruption. Combined with the fact that he has handled poorly in addressing the key corruption scandals that has rocked his administration.

Irrespective of his shortcomings I make bold to say that GEJ is one president that has Silently done quite a lot in the fight against corruption compared to other administration. I say this for the following reasons.

Most Nigerians want blood ... They want to see one big man, One senator disgraced and put in kirikri because of corruption. The reason why Nigerians think GEJ is not fighting corruption among many other is because GEJ is not giving them this blood.

The challenge is that they fail to realize that there are two main strategies of fighting corruption. They are Prevention and Prosecution. In my opinion I think Good luck is using a prevention strategy.

Prosecuting and sending corrupt people to prison is not the best way to tackle corruption. It is a short term strategy that provides immediate gratification but actually does little in fighting in corruption in the long term. The best way to tackle corruption is building systems, erecting structures and strengthen institution making it more harder for corrupt people to carry out corruption in the first place, and making it easier to detect corruption.

I am bold to say GEJ excelled in his prevention strategy. Example is How GEJ ended 40 Years Of Corruption In The Agricultural Sector. Most you already know this story.

The government use to disburse free fertilizers to farmers through middle men. But they discovered that these middle men instead of giving the fertilizers free to farmers, in fact sold the free fertilizers to farmers. This is what GEJ did. Instead of jailing all the middle men engaged in this act an approach that would be very ineffective. He and his team designed an e-wallet system to disburse the funds for the fertilizers directly to the farmers cutting off the middle men.
This strategy has the saved the government millions of naira and now the farmers are now smiling. This is a perfect example of how his government is taking preventive measures to tackle corruption.

The consolidation of e-banking and the use of e-payment software to pay civil servants has made it more harder for corruption to take place ... In fact the government has save billion of naira after detecting over 60,000 ghost workers. In the Nigeria of today corrupt activities can now be easily detected, the days of ghana must go is over. because now payments are now electronic. Under him the banks are now more closely regulated.

Using his preventive measures he has saved over N1.4 Trillion Worth Of Public Sector Theft Through Import-Waiver Reforms. He was able to unravel the feul subsidy scam and rechannel the money into Capital projects.

Under him according to Transparency international our corruption rating has improved We use to be 3rd but now we are 139th.

For me the most notable fight against corruption is his signing of The freedom of information bill into law.
The greatest tool that can be used to fight corruption is Transparency and accountability... infact it is even more powerful than sending people prison. That is why his signing of the freedom of information bill is a huge step in the right direction.

No government would be happy to have much of its able bodied population in prison, By using prevention strategy you do not only keep more Nigerians out of prison. You would also be leaving a lasting legacy that even when you leave office the mechanism you put in place to checkmate corruption would live on after you.

Yes we all want to see corrupt people in prison, I share that sentiment as well. GEJ is the first president to give complete independence to the EFCC.

Under GEJ, EFCC Has Prosecuted 427 Cases In 3 Years. But Nigerians are yet to feel the effect because no big man has been disgraced and sent to kirikiri.

The fact is that GEJ is not a military president whose word is final. He cannot send corrupt people to prison for corruption unless the court of law has proven without doubt that they are corrupt.

In terms of prosecuting corruption ... GEJ has faced serious setback that is why he once made a statement that going forward he and his team will draft a strategy to tackle corruption.

Therein lies the back bone of the matter, Going forward if GEJ wins he needs to design a robust strategy on corruption one ... It is also important he communicates his stance on corruption clearly and most importantly his resolve to get rid of this panacea from Nigeria.

51 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:23am On Jan 15, 2015
Moreover Irrespective of his shortcomings I make bold to say that GEJ would be more effective in fighting corruption more than APC's Buhari. I say this for the following reasons.

1. The reaction of the opposition to the Freedom of information bill : In 2014 Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, SAN was dragged before a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos over alleged failure to release information and documents relating to spending in public schools in the state. - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/foi-lagos-gov-court-spending-education-lagos/#sthash.K6t9MF8C.dpuf

A judge of the Court of Appeal, C.C. Nweze, has criticised the Lagos State Government for arguing against the Freedom of Information (FoI) Act, insisting that the action of the government was not only misconceived, but also not in accordance with the provisions of law.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/06/appeal-court-judge-carpets-lagos-position-foi-act/

The most effective way of fighting corruption is transparency and accountability, It is more powerful that sending corrupt people to jail. I am surprise that an APC dominated state ... that tells me they mean business when it comes to fighting corruption refused to implement or domesticate the local version of this bill.
A corrupt free man or government fears no accusations.

In 2014, A government audit of 57 local councils in Lagos State has indicted eight, accusing their officials of squandering at least N224 million of public funds on a range of questionable expenditure and unimplemented contracts. ( http://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/169586-exclusive-audit-exposes-massive-corruption-in-lagos-local-councils-indicts-officials-for-squandering-millions.html )

This is an ordinary audit report what happens if Lagosians have more accesses to information on how APC is really running Lagos.

Who would you prefer, A man who allows you to see his dirty laundry to a man who hides his dirty laundry for him to make you think his clean.

2. Buhari credentials makes me question his ability to attack corruption: Buhari unlike GEJ has been able to communicate clearly his stance in regards to corruption. He has been able to sell to Nigerians the image of a Nigerian leader who did not enrich himself in office. What he has not been able to sell to me is his ability to tackle corruption especially in the complex democratic terrain as Nigeria. I say this because intention and Results are two different things and Military and democracy are two different terrains.

Buhari had the Intention of saving Nigerian from corruption in 1985 alas if you look at the results critically, It is clear he failed woeful in the battle against corruption due to his poor strategy.

I say this in this context ... Buhari pursed a prosecution strategy where he jailed corrupt people, he never cared whose ox his gold or where you are located he would come after you. Yes he gave Nigerians the drama they wanted and the kind of news they wanted to hear... he disgraced top corrupt politicians in power but did that really have any concrete effect in the fight against corruption. The answer is a big NO.

You do not fight it by locking people in Kirikiri and closing down their businesses, case in point is that 30years later these same set of corrupt people he jailed are roaming free and doing more havoc than ever. In fact under his nose high level corruption took place.
Unlike Goodluck he did not leave any lasting legacy or build structures that would outlive him.

He's approach towards corruption is a strong pointer to the fact that he has no clear understanding of how to fight corruption. A very serious pointer is his stance towards freedom of speech.

The most powerful and effective way of tackling corruption is transparency ... A leader giving citizens the power and freedom to ask the government questions and hold her accountable is more effective that throwing 600 people in prison for corruption. Good-luck has done the opposite he signed the FOI bill.

Secondly buhari has no intimate experience of the intricacies of democracy. He would therefore be highly restricted in his fight against corruption. This is not 1985 where the presidents word is final. You can't just throw corrupt people in jail, you have to go through the courts and arm of government not under your control.

Good luck Ebele Jonathan may not be perfect. But he is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria. I would chose a man whose approach to solving corruption has been centered on building systems, checks and balances that makes it harder for corruption to take place. Than a man who thinks jailing corrupt people is the most efficient way of solving corruption.

Moreover feel free to engage me based on the above. Tomorrow I would be writing about Insecurity stay tuned.

52 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by SUBMARINE: 8:26am On Jan 15, 2015
Tell them

My friend

SW wants power

But

This time

They will pay dearly if most of them take to the street against GEJ's re election cool

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:26am On Jan 15, 2015
Space for any rejoinders.

This is from Curlieweed

Curlieweed:

Good, intelligent points as usual. However, you missed one key ingredient in GEJ's fight against corruption, the gradual institutionalization of free and fair elections. Under OBJokes, elections were charades and the "I" in INEC stood for anything but Independent. OBJ just designed election results and handed them to Iwuruwu to announce. The result was a clear lack of accountability across board, consequent bad governance and unchecked corruption.

Recent elections under Jonathan has demonstrated that this has changed. INEC Elections are now geometrically more credible and elected officials have the electorates (if they realize their power) to answer to and not some Dictator in the presidential palace.

I have said elsewhere that the fact that Apeeshit feel that they have a chance at winning the Val's day election is the greatest acknowledgement of the revolution Johnny Boy has quietly engineered in this country.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Kylekent59: 8:27am On Jan 15, 2015
Dis election is gona be hot,,,even mad pple are discussing abt it

6 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Dahjhi: 8:27am On Jan 15, 2015
SUBSCRIBING
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by theshadyexpress(m): 8:27am On Jan 15, 2015
Nice one

Keep it up
GEj till buhari resigns from politics

24 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by RedArrow: 8:32am On Jan 15, 2015
lol

You understand the language of mad people

Kylekent59:
Dis election is gona be hot,,,even mad pple are discussing abt it

7 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by RedArrow: 8:36am On Jan 15, 2015
Buhari till GEJ admits that STEALING IS CORRUPTION

You talked about two main strategies of fighting corruption, Prevention and Prosecution. What's wrong in applying both simultaneously?

Have you won me over

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by holatin(m): 8:36am On Jan 15, 2015
Really he fought corruption,but tell me how he fought this cases
“1)what happened to the case of N104m seized from
Nancy Ebere Nwosu who allegedly swore to an
affidavit to the EFCC that she was laundering money
for Dame Patience Jonathan.”
2)“the
announcement by the then EFCC spokesman, Mr Osita
Nwajah on September 11, 2006 that the sum of
USD13.5 million was seized from another associate of
Mrs. Jonathan which the anti-graft body said
belonged to the now first lady.”
3)“who
presided over the FEC meeting on October 2009,
where a 4 km runway at Abuja Airport was awarded for
N64bn? Whereas, late President Yar’adua was already
in Saudi Hospital as at that time
4)what happened to the
USD30billion Yar’adua left in the excess crude account
that is virtually empty now?

if you can tell me how he fought those,I may join your team of lie.

good morning friend

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:41am On Jan 15, 2015
holatin:
Really he fought corruption,but tell me how he fought this cases
“1)what happened to the case of N104m seized from
Nancy Ebere Nwosu who allegedly swore to an
affidavit to the EFCC that she was laundering money
for Dame Patience Jonathan.”
2)“the
announcement by the then EFCC spokesman, Mr Osita
Nwajah on September 11, 2006 that the sum of
USD13.5 million was seized from another associate of
Mrs. Jonathan which the anti-graft body said
belonged to the now first lady.”
3)“who
presided over the FEC meeting on October 2009,
where a 4 km runway at Abuja Airport was awarded for
N64bn? Whereas, late President Yar’adua was already
in Saudi Hospital as at that time
4) what happened to the
USD30billion Yar’adua left in the excess crude account
that is virtually empty now?

if you can tell me how he fought those,I may join your team of lie.

good morning friend

I need fact and links to support your allegations. Then I would respond to them.

Secondly Holatin I would like to ask you to ask you have you asked Fashola why he is yet to domesticate the freedom of information bill.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:45am On Jan 15, 2015
RedArrow:
Buhari till GEJ admits that STEALING IS CORRUPTION

You talked about two main strategies of fighting corruption, Prevention and Prosecution. What's wrong in applying both simultaneously?

Have you won me over

If you read my post you would discover that he is implementing both strategies. Case in point is the fact that under 3years EFCC handle over 427 case. This is an excerpt from my above post.

Matthewbriggs:

In terms of prosecuting corruption ... GEJ has faced serious setback that is why he once made a statement that going forward he and his team will draft a strategy to tackle corruption.

Therein lies the back bone of the matter, Going forward if GEJ wins he needs to [b]design a robust strategy on corruption one ... It is also important he communicates his stance on corruption clearly and most importantly his resolve to get rid of this panacea from Nigeria. [/b]

20 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by emiye(m): 8:47am On Jan 15, 2015
You didnt win any man over, stop deceiving yourself.

APC rep in person of Abike Dabiri spearheaded the FOI bill.

Ekiti State, a former APC state under Kayode Fayemi was the first state to domesticate FOI act.

The failures of the current day govt were not even unravelled by FOI anyway, i am certain if more Nigerians tap in to the FOI act, more rot will be revealed.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by ochejoseph(m): 8:47am On Jan 15, 2015
A party whose National Leader is retired drug Baron is not the entity that will lead Nigeria to the promise Land!

While Buhari was Killing people using a Backdated Law Tinubu was Busy selling heroine and cocaine in the US!
Now they want us to Belive they are they change we need How?

What Hope does young people have under the APC

They have an opportunity to appoint or elect a Young National chairman they. Choosed a 76 year old Great Grand Father

A Golden opportunity came to present a Young presidential aspirant they rigged it in favour of a 73 year old

NOT done the allotted the Vice presidential Candidate slot to a drug Baron who appointed a stooge who is anything but young!

Even the traditional National Youth leadership of the Party reserved for young people was taken away from them and given to a 52 year old former HOR aspirant!

Young People have No future Under APC!, the Youngest Governorship Candidates are in the PDP, Nasko and Udom two young men with a lot of promise!

The National youth Leader of the PDP was elected at 30 the minister of Foreign affairs is less than 35 !

Governance in the 21 st century will be driven by information Technology Placing analogue politicians to manage a world that is increasing driven by the adoption of broadband is a Mistake young Nigerians must not make Come Feb 14

May God Help us to Vote wisely

34 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by KwoiZabo(m): 8:50am On Jan 15, 2015
As a matter of Fact Prosecuting has not worked whether under OBJ or Yar'adua

'The blind man in the Bible said. I was blind now I can see.' We don't see government's money before now we can see it in our roads, rails, new univrsities, bridges, improved power supply etc what else do ordinary Nigerians ask for?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by DesChyko: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2015
*nails my seat to this spot with 18 inches nail*..

This space is not for sale, lease or passing by!

Trespassers will be shot.. Survivors will be shot again angry

3 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2015
I can count many times I've engaged commuters in political discourse especially with ibos. I have convinced many of them on why they should vote for Buhari. I was able to persuade some of them successfully while the adamant ones prefer not to vote for any candidate. So what ya saying?

10 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by abacus(m): 8:56am On Jan 15, 2015
This is time wasting.. Nothing to defend. Discuss your topic leave APC and Fasola out of your post. Defend GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by MizMyColi(f): 9:01am On Jan 15, 2015
smiley
I'm here to like, share and read comments.

2 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2015
I just keep laughing when gej supporters mention fertilizer as the only example for gej's corruption fight. How many % of our budget/expenses goes into fertilizer? It took gej 5yrs to fix fertilizer, when are we going to fix corruption in our agric research Institute? Tell me one of the over 50 research Institutes in Nigeria that is functional.

How about corruption in the ban on importation certain agric products? These contrabans still flood our markets.

How about corruption in the management of our forest reserves, the massive illegal felling of timber.

Note that i have not even left the agric sector.

Now to fertilizer, even though i am a poultry farmer, i have applied for fertilizer from the ministry of agric for the empty land on my farm, i am yet to receive response, i know for a fact that the wrong type of fertilizer are even given for the wrong type of crops as we speak.

RESULTS:

Can anyone tell us the positive results of the successes of the agriculture sector, i am talking down to the layman results not cooked up data.

How come food prices are rising, same thing for feed crops, how do we explain shortages in soya beans supply for instance.

12 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by sasview: 9:03am On Jan 15, 2015
Are you saying pardoning his certified corrupt god father -"Alam" is a preventive strategy of fighting corruption?.
You must be kidding!

9 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:09am On Jan 15, 2015
emiye:
You didnt win any man over, stop deceiving yourself.

APC rep in person of Abike Dabiri spearheaded the FOI bill.

Ekiti State, a former APC state under Kayode Fayemi was the first state to domesticate FOI act.

The failures of the current day govt were not even unravelled by FOI anyway, i am certain if more Nigerians tap in to the FOI act, more rot will be revealed.

That is part of the irony ... an APC rep sponsored a bill that is yet to be accepted broadly by your political party. He that comes to equity should come with clean hands.

At second bolded that is why I would vote for GEJ. He signed a bill that would allow Nigerians the power to see more rot in the system and hold their government accountable.

Do you know that The House had first passed the Bill in 2006, followed by the Senate but former President Olusegun Obasanjo refused to append his signature to turn it into an Act. All but one (Clause 18) of the 34 clauses in the bill were passed by the House under GEJ.

Read more: http://www..com/ng/presidency-judiciary-legislative-and-policies/7968-reps-passed-foi-bill-fours-years-after.html#ixzz3OsLa0hFW

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 15, 2015
The most retardedt thing to do is to argue with Janjawiid retardds

8 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by holatin(m): 9:14am On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

I need fact and links to support your allegations. Then I would respond to them.

Secondly Holatin I would like to ask you to ask you have you asked Fashola why he is yet to domesticate the freedom of information bill.

During my search for other primary evidence on this
matter, I stumbled on a case with a suit number
FHC/ABJ/M/340/06, filed on August 21, 2007 at the
Federal High Court, Abuja. As indicated in this file,
Mallam Nuhu Ribadu’s -led EFCC named Mrs.
Patience Jonathan, wife of Goodluck Jonathan, as an
accomplice in the N104million money laundering
case involving one Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu. The
amount in question was stated in this file to be
laundered on the order of Mrs Patience Goodluck into
a First Bank of Nigeria account number
3292010060711 held in the name of Nansolyvan
Public Relations Limited by one Hanner Offor.
Still not satisfied with this new primary source on
the issue at hand, further effort was exerted to dig
into the archive. Again, we (with help from an NGO)
stumbled on the EFFC’s affidavit used in supporting
the above mentioned suit’s originating summons.
In this document, Ofem Uket, the then EFCC
prosecuting officer declared, “Our investigations
revealed that Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of the
Governor of Bayelsa State, was the person who
instructed one Hanner Offor to launder the said sum
of N104, 000, 000 into the account of Nansolyvan
Public Relations Limited with First Bank of Nigeria
Plc (FBN), Niger House, Marina, Lagos”.
To further establish the veracity of this discovery, I
was forced to search for a court ruling on this
matter. Findings revealed that on August 22, 2006,
Justice Anwuli Chikere who then was at the Federal
High Court, Abuja presided over the EFCC’s
application on this case and ruled that, “leave is
hereby granted to the Executive Chairman of the
EFCC to … freeze the bank accounts of the persons
referred to as the account holders pending the
conclusion of the investigation of the activities of
the said persons in connection with their
involvement in the acts of money laundering and
other economic and financial crimes related
offences.”
Given that the combined use of both primary and
secondary sources is needed to make a reliable
historical narration, effort was also directed at
newspaper reports of this suit and judgement.
Among many others, in its September 11, 2006
edition, a story under the caption,”EFCC seizes
N104m from Bayelsa Governor’s Wife” featured in
Punch newspaper. The news item was put together
by Sam Akpe and Tobi Soniyi, Abuja.
When cross-examined with our newly found primary
sources, we observed consistency between contents
of the newly discovered primary resources on this
matter and this news reportage. It may be interesting
to produce parts of these documents which highlight
how EFCC arrived at the conclusion that the
laundered money in question involved Jonathan and
Madam Patience.

http://newafricanpress.com/2011/09/07/circle-of-lies-goodluck-and-patience-jonathan-burden-of-history/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:18am On Jan 15, 2015
Obiagelli:
I just keep laughing when gej supporters mention fertilizer as the only example for gej's corruption fight. How many % of our budget/expenses goes into fertilizer? It took gej 5yrs to fix fertilizer, when are going to corruption in our agric research Institute? Tell me one of the over 50 research Institutes in Nigeria that is functional.

How about corruption in the ban on importation certain agric products? These contrabans still flood our markets.

How about corruption in the management of our forest reserves, the massive illegal felling of timber.

Note that i have not even left the agric sector.

Now to fertilizer, even though i am a poultry farmer, i have applied for fertilizer from the ministry of agric for the empty land on my farm, i am yet to receive response, i know for a fact that the wrong type of fertilizer are even given for the wrong type of crops as we speak.

RESULTS:

Can anyone tell us the positive results of the successes of the agriculture sector, i am talking down to the layman results not cooked up data.

How come food prices are rising, same thing for feed crops, how do we explain shortages in soya beans supply for instance.

If you read my post critically you would discover where I stated that corruption is still a big problem facing Nigeria. I never in any way absolve GEJ of any blame or pivoted him as a messiah ... Read my second paragraph in my second post in this thread. All I basically did was share with you my convictions as I presented what GEJ is doing so far and What Buhari did . The readers are left to compare which one was more effective in the long run.

I also layed down what I hope GEJ implements going forward.

@bolded I would be addressing that issue in my subsequent thread where I would be talking about the Economny.

11 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

If you read my post critically you would discover where I stated that corruption is still a big problem facing Nigeria. I never in any way absolve GEJ of any blame or pivoted him as a messiah ... Read my second paragraph in my second post in this thread. All I basically did was share with you my convictions as I presented what GEJ is doing so far , What Buhari . The readers are left to compare which one was more effective in the long run.

I also layed down what I hope GEJ implements going forward.

@bolded I would be addressing that issue in my subsequent thread where I would be talking about the Economny.

I hear you. You can credit gej in some areas but please don't mention fighting corruption, it ridicules your intentions.

5 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by braivheart: 9:24am On Jan 15, 2015
If a government is working it wouldn't have to pay e-warriors to blow its trumpet. We would see for ourselves. Besides you cannot tell me you're secretly cleaning your house when your compound is overgrown with weeds and full of reptiles. I rest my case. If a government is working it wouldn't have to pay e-warriors to blow its trumpet. We would see for ourselves. Besides you cannot tell me you're secretly cleaning your house when your compound is overgrown with weeds and full of reptiles. I rest my case. If a government is working it wouldn't have to pay e-warriors to blow its trumpet. We would see for ourselves. Besides you cannot tell me you're secretly cleaning your house when your compound is overgrown with weeds and full of reptiles. I rest my case.

8 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by emiye(m): 9:26am On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

That is part of the irony ... an APC rep sponsored a bill that is yet to be accepted broadly by your political party. He that comes to equity should come with clean hands.

At second bolded that is why I would vote for GEJ. He signed a bill that would allow Nigerians the power to see more rot in the system and hold their government accountable.

Do you know that The House had first passed the Bill in 2006, followed by the Senate but former President Olusegun Obasanjo refused to append his signature to turn it into an Act. All but one (Clause 18) of the 34 clauses in the bill were passed by the House under GEJ.

Read more: http://www..com/ng/presidency-judiciary-legislative-and-policies/7968-reps-passed-foi-bill-fours-years-after.html#ixzz3OsLa0hFW

You demonise the opposition about the FOI, and i exposed your fraudulent attempt, by stating the opposition has been the vanguard of the FOI.

Please, tell me PDP states that have domesticate FOI.

You love to spin tales and demonise the opposition, there is a log in your eye, you are talking of the speck in the eye of the APC. Is that not shameful?

8 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:32am On Jan 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

I hear you. You can credit gej in some areas but please don't mention fighting corruption, it ridicules your intentions.

He fought corruption by mainly setting up measures focused on preventing it the first place. He may not have excelled in prosecution. That is an area he has to take extremly serious. If he wins.

4 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Clerverly: 9:34am On Jan 15, 2015
You can only convince a cab driver from the south east/South south to vote a corrupt bandit called jonathan!

Don't bore with these your useless copy and paste article from reno omkri, we have gone past this stage! Just safeguard your voters card!

FeBuhari is the Date!

7 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:36am On Jan 15, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
The most retardedt thing to do is to argue with Janjawiid retardds

They are not Janjawiid retardds... They just happen to share an opposing political view.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-rufai In China. Meets With Kaduna Students And Investors. / IPOB Invited To UN Finally Speaks On Their Meeting With World Leaders / APC Membership Registration Crisis: Suit To Stop Congresses, Convention Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.