Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, (898 Views)

Help A Concerned Sex Addict / Mrs Charity Aiyedogbon Is Missing (photo) / PHOTO: Mrs Charity Aiyedogbon Is Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, by dein77(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2015
Marriage is a matter so dear and critical to the vast majority of us, and yet we aren't always really prepared for it. What a paradox!

It's the desire of almost every person to hope to get married to one Mr/Mrs Right. Now, there's nothing absolutely wrong with it. But i think we should pay more attention to being the best we can be for our future partner. We need to really train our character for the challenging institution called marriage, if we must succeed therein.

I have been married for over 5 years, and blessed with two beautiful kids. And I have a whole lot of experiences, both positive and negative. And careful thought have revealed to me that, for most of the times my wife and I have had serious marital issues, I was to blame. I was more concerned about my RIGHTS than my RESPONSIBILITIES; I had paid more attention to my useless EGO than try to see her point of view. My EGO has caused me more marital pains than my wife. A man with an ego as huge as Mt Everest can NEVER be pleased. And I also realised that whenever I had acted in the best interest of my wife, my home has been a paradise.

Every human almost always want to pass the buck of blame to another; we always believe we're the best. We are a deeply selfish people. And SELFISHNESS is the commencement of all human troubles.

It's natural for people to demand in others what traits/habits themselves obviously lack. It's human nature. Tough on others; soft on ourselves. It's human nature.

Can you marry you?

Be the person you want to get married to!

Let's ponder this message.

Shalom, and God bless.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, by elantraceey(f): 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
Nice one .

Many people want the best but they are not ready to be the best .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, by dein77(m): 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
elantraceey:
Nice one .

Many people want the best but they are not ready to be the best .

That's the core of the issue. We can't expect what we aren't from others. It's not fair.
Re: Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
Beautiful words of wisdom.

Would I want to get married to someone like myself?

Probably yes. cheesy
Re: Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, by dein77(m): 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
carefreewannabe:
Beautiful words of wisdom.

Would I want to get married to someone like myself?

Probably yes. cheesy

Probably? Hmmmm
Re: Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, by iykedare(m): 11:24am On Jan 16, 2015
@op, nice one.
I`ll love to get married some day .
I will give it my best and also expect the best from my wife.If it doesnt work,I`ll bounce out. No time for enduring sh!t. angry angry angry angry

But I`m enjoying my single life now. There is nothing like it. wink cool cool

1 Like

Re: Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, by ToroJah: 11:34am On Jan 16, 2015
iykedare:
@op, nice one.
I will give it my best and also expect the best from my wife.If it doesnt work,I`ll bounce out. No time for enduring sh!t. angry angry angry angry

Becareful of what you wish yourself...there is power in the tongue.

Planning ahead of divorce is not a good line to toe!

1 Like

Re: Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, by LordReed(m): 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2015
The question should not be do you want to marry you because as we all know and agree no matter how good people will still have flaws. So what this question is saying on the other hand is do you want your flaws multiplied by 2? What we should seek is people who compliment us not people exactly like us (which is impossible anyway). My flaws may not be the type that spoil a relationship but I definitely don't want them mirrored in my spouse. When people who are complimentary make a union the tendency is for one to influence the other by mutual affection and patient showing/teaching or just plain being the stronger where the other is weak. The synergy of the union is what we should seek not looking for who will conform to our personality moulds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, by dein77(m): 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
iykedare:
@op, nice one.

Bro, enjoy. Besides there's nothing that lasts forever; even singlehood passes in a second.
I really enjoyed my single days too, but not really like I'm enjoying my home. Only a few things are more satisfying than seeing your wife happy, and your little kids playing around the home. Bros, it's beyond description; beyond words.

Enjoy.
Re: Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, by dein77(m): 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
LordReed:
The question should not be do you want to marry you because as we all know and agree no matter how good people will still have flaws. So what this question is saying on the other hand is do you want your flaws multiplied by 2? What we should seek is people who compliment us not people exactly like us (which is impossible anyway). My flaws may not be the type that spoil a relationship but I definitely don't want them mirrored in my spouse. When people who are complimentary make a union the tendency is for one to influence the other by mutual affection and patient showing/teaching or just plain being the stronger where the other is weak. The synergy of the union is what we should seek not looking for who will conform to our personality moulds.

All in all, be the best person you can possibly be.

Ur points are very valid, though.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: They Said She Must Be A Warri Woman. I Disagree. She Must Be Yoru.a. / When All Is Said And Done :-* / End Of Year Thanksgiving - Nairaland, Thank You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.