Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? (32824 Views)

Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez / What Is Wrong With This Couple In This Photo? / What Is Wrong With This Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 4:33am On Jun 22, 2015
Nori:
you sound more like an anti social person to me like u want to be left alone. people judge you based on your actions and not your intentions, so if you don't call or chat with your loved ones and ask them how they are doing, then yes they would think u dont care about them and its not their fault for thinking that way because no one can read your mind, and in no time your friends will dump u if u dont reciprocate because friendship is a two way thing,whether you like it or not u live in a world with other humans and u should care to an extent what other people think of u. if u dont want to be seen as uncaring or wicked then change and learn some social skills, smile and greet people and be friendly.

And yes it would affect your love life negatively, most people dont want to be with someone who acts uninterested in interacting with other
human beings, who cant be spontaneous and open up to them. infact men would hardly approach u, because when u go out your body language will send out negative vibes to the opposite sex. i advice u work on your social skills, u can still be an introvert and show interest in people and have a likeable personality. by the way am also an introvert. goodluck.
your answer is exactly what she needs to hear.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by AreaFada2: 4:48am On Jun 22, 2015
winnieberry:
Helloo am an intovert by nature ,quiet love been indoors watching tv reading novels browse with my phone rather than chat with people.it gives people a wrong steroetype of me to them am wicked oor lack sympathy becos I hardly call or chat with people,even they collect my number.My family and friends nag me a lot E.g am not sociable,I don't go out its bad for a girl hw will toasters or my Future husband find me. It hurts me at times why can't people let me be for who I am cmon everyone can't be d same.To them am too secretive and sensitive,I choose to be secretive cos people can't just keep secrets , u tell smone somting .d nxt ting every else knows wat u told them.A lot of people tink am probably suffering frm insecurity,inferirity complex ,lowself esteem,Hell no .Pls anything wrong with been an introvert?

The world of today seems designed for those who talk anyhow, spread ignorance without batting an eye and can gossip about almost anybody & anything. All those destructive small talk and politics, especially in the office.

If you're the quiet type, people cannot read you or understand you easily. And some people are uncomfortable with that. People like to weigh you up easily and shove you in a cupboard. With introverts, people cannot do so easily.

But just enjoy their anxiety and speculations. Of course it's good to have some quality friends. Sadly people seem to cherish having many "friends" and think that's popularity. When in fact so-called friends are "Come-And-Chop" or fair weather mates. To me, it seems like such "popular" people need approval from many people and cannot be on their own.

Focus on your dreams, do your own thing, cherish the quality friends you have and enjoy your life. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by HFactor1(m): 5:13am On Jun 22, 2015
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kali-rogers/an-open-letter-from-introverts_b_6148550.html

there's a lot of info on the web. Just do some research.
There's nothing wrong with you. 33-50% of humans are like you, just that some pretend.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by highbeeola(m): 5:44am On Jun 22, 2015
lovely17:
Whoops I found my kind there is just one disadvantage it's really hard to get over a break up/rejection even after a year it's still hurts
lie introverts has great power of resilience

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Elcapo(m): 5:44am On Jun 22, 2015
Thank God I'm an extro_introvert smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by ChynoBEATS: 5:59am On Jun 22, 2015
standd:

introverts don't go out, or go to parties or even mix with people
grin i dont too.........
Seems like .......you've dated one b4?
standd:
so it's always hard for young introverted ladies to find men quick.
Ah...hmm well i n my gf are both introverts... We've got almost everything similar in character N we're both born on the same Month n day....tho I'm 4yrs Older

I hope it aint gon affect our children o........ Please oh tell me now lehme Know o
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by moscobabs(m): 6:02am On Jun 22, 2015
eleojo23:
Introverts...the most misunderstood beings on the planet even though they have contributed immensely to the progress of mankind (great scientists, musicians, inventors etc).
If you need someone who will think outside the box by reflex, you'll most likely find that among the introverts.

Nothing wrong with being an introvert.

It is your nature and you did not choose to be made that way. But the problem is that the world prefers and celebrates extroversion.

One thing however is that both are needed to create balance in the human society.
Look at a picture of both personalities.

The extrovert is an outgoing person who is excited by being among/around people, he/she is easily bored when there is no activity to engage in. Yeah, he's got lots of energy to spare. He has no difficulty expressing his feelings. When he's angry, you know and when he's happy, it's also very obvious ('cos he can just throw a party to show his happiness). He may not be so much interested in deep intellectual talk (not in all cases though) but he likes small talks like discussing about the weather and things like that.

But the introvert is different. He is the quiet type who does most of his talking in his head. Yeah, he thinks a lot and likes to engage in deep and intellectual conversations. He can stay alone for days and not get bored. He is not so easy to 'read' when compared with the extrovert. You may not know when he's happy or sad because his default expression is
'blank'. He could be experiencing intense joy on the inside but the best he may do to show it would just be a smile (no, he won't go jumping up and down, screaming in excitement). He likes depth in whatever he does and as such prefers quality to quantity. He may be slow in doing stuff but when he is done, you would appreciate his work because of the quality of it.
He is very good at understanding people but unfortunately for him, the gesture is not reciprocated as he is often misunderstood by many.
He doesn't make friends and get attached to people easily but once he considers you his friend, you are most likely going be his friend for life. You can now see why he has to keep someone on his 'probation' list for some time before admitting that person into his circle of friends (which is usually small).
He likes to work from the background, away from the spotlight. He hates noise!
Cool music playing in the background and a book in hand is a perfect way for him to spend the day.
When he loves, he is usually very committed to the one he loves...

#my fingers are already getting numb from typing... #

Hence, you see that both are needed to complement each other so don't ever entertain the thought that something is wrong with you because you're an introvert.
However, you can try making friends with a moderate extrovert and you will see how it will help you open up a little, just the same way an extrovert's excesses are curbed when she has an introverted friend. I say moderate extrovert because a highly extroverted friend can drive you nuts with too much stimulation (from talking and other activities peculiar to her nature).

Pardon my long epistle smiley

Thank u very much sir....I have a question. My wife is extrovert and I am introvert .we always fight cos we are not of the same nature. Sir is there anyway We can settle it?
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by ChynoBEATS: 6:06am On Jun 22, 2015
highbeeola:
Well yeah you're right.......

I do endure, withstand n recover 4rm difficult situations quickly......

.....Thats normal 4an inTrovert ......

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by kclein(m): 6:09am On Jun 22, 2015
Therex absolutely I mean absolutely nothing wrong wit being an introvert once u r gud as a person.Seeing tru d eyes of oda pple is our major problem dis days.BE URSELF!
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by kclein(m): 6:14am On Jun 22, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

Well yeah you're right.......

I do endure, withstand n recover 4rm difficult situations quickly......

.....Thats normal 4an inTrovert ......
. Yea,shock absorbers.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by ChynoBEATS: 6:18am On Jun 22, 2015
Ajiswaggs:
Am an introvert also, so wat I observe about myself is dat I lik isolating myself frm other people,

Well......i thought as much too......but 2me I'm just being Reserved

Ajiswaggs:

I dnt to go party even though na one of my family dey do party,

It happens wella..........n they'll beg n beg n beg b4 I'll go...... grin

Ajiswaggs:

I hardly greet people in my area,

Lolz grin Guy naso E be me 2o......... They always complain about me not greeting..........
My neighbors dont like it
Even my Eldest brother too
...Sometimes i wonder if it's by force grin grin grin
To them they think Its Pride......
But it's not

Ajiswaggs:

I can stay in my room for 3days witout going out or talking wit anybody, sometimes I always ignore calls from friends.

I n my 2nd Elder bro are like that.........
We'r always indoors.........
grin
We dont Even pick calls like dat.............

It's not dat we're snubbing but thats how we are......

Ajiswaggs:

When I lik someone, I can do anytin for the person

Lolz.... I do dat a lot
As-in.......veryMuch...... grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by ChynoBEATS: 6:20am On Jun 22, 2015
kclein:
. Yea,shock absorbers.
Abi o.. cheesy tho it does hurt o but still 2me it's worth it
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by ChynoBEATS: 6:24am On Jun 22, 2015
demolaprof:
I think u guys should just stop talking about me

Lolz.... cheesy ... i also dislike that feeling when dey talk about my character too
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by ZITRAN: 6:29am On Jun 22, 2015
I've earned different nicknames cuz am an introvert e.gThe Dark Lord,Voldermort,Rahl.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by ChynoBEATS: 6:31am On Jun 22, 2015
INTROVERT:

You are intelligent and a deep intellectual cos you spend a lot of time reading books and surfing the net

grin ....as-in Ehn... Some few days ago ...a close friend of mine was like

"Guy nawa o... U just sabi everything ... I just dey look u since ... U go good wella if you reach school grin grin

Nobi me o........na google cause am.....
I use google Every day...... I Read @lot ..... I make researches...... I just like knowing all grin......

It's Fun to be an introvert

We're the boss of OurSelves ....

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Xtianvic(m): 7:27am On Jun 22, 2015
PROUDLY INTROVERT; IT FLOWS IN MY VEIN. I ENJOY WALKING IN THE STREET AND PEOPLE KEEP WONDERING AND STARING AT ME
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by eleojo23: 7:51am On Jun 22, 2015
moscobabs:

Thank u very much sir....I have a question. My wife is extrovert and I am introvert .we always fight cos we are not of the same nature. Sir is there anyway We can settle it?

There is a lot to be said on this subject and I may not be able to explain everything here.
There are many couples like you. So I will refer you to the links below to read the opinions of those who have had the experience.

http://m.selfgrowth.com?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.selfgrowth.com%2Farticles%2Fintrovert-extrovert-relationship-3-tips-to-make-it-work#2902

http://ask.metafilter.com/211596/Me-Extrovert-She-Introvert-Can-this-relationship-survive-Should-it

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/advice/a6401/introvert-extrovert-relationships/

http://www.eharmony.com/blog/five-tips-for-a-great-introvert-extrovert-relationship/

These are just a few. You can search for more online and read about how couples like you have been able to peacefully coexist despite their personality differences.

I also recommend Tim LaHaye's book, Opposites Attract. You can get it in most bookshops in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 22, 2015
Achilies:
[color=#000099][/color]

Nothing is wrong with being an Introvert
It just our nature and there's nothing we can do about it.

People tend to wonder why will a mature good looking guy like myself love to stay mostly indoors even on weekends but the truth is I love it.

I have all I need indoors.
Ps4
Dstv
Dvd
Books
Psp
And my phone to call family members and girlfriends..

With enough drinks in my fridge and foods in the kitchen and 24 hours electricity ( generator and nepa) I don't see any reason why I should go out and hang out in an uncomfortable place and gossip. if u need my company I can give u 15 minutes of my time and you will have to do all the talking ooo as I don't talk much.

People around us view us as alpha male/female because we are unpredictable and extremely mature for our age. We don't talk much but when we do people tend to listen..

With such nature people tend to give u some certain level of respect as they don't really know much about you..

We are more.
Mentally and Emotionally mature than people think. Our strength and weaknesses is a mystery to them
We are playful but only to those who are really close to us. We are fun but our fun must be indoors.

When I marry my wife will really enjoy my companionship.

In my next life I will still be an Introvert.

I have few friends but I don't even talk to them much, the only person I talk and play with is my best friend she is very close to me. the only time u see me smile is when I am with her,I don't have time for people I don't play, I hardly talk to people but the funniest part is people like me the way I am they respect me a lot, some even wish to be like me. most people around always look for one way or the other to talk to me. some people say I am proud even my family members. some say am wicked,well it has good and bad side, but one thing I know is that it makes people around respect u,they don't talk to anyhow, some will hate u cos they think that u are wicked cos u don't talk much,but most people will want to be like u ,cos when u don't talk much,u don't talk anyhow, and u know how to carry urself. so I like the way I am I don't care what people think about me

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Bollinger(m): 8:12am On Jun 22, 2015
As far as I'm concerned; introverts are the best thing since slice bread. I'm one and I'm glad. I don't need anybody's company to be fufilled. I also think females who are introverts are unique and mysterious which make the relationship spicy. as long as the introvert isn't bipolar (which some often are) then you are good.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by moscobabs(m): 8:22am On Jun 22, 2015
eleojo23:

There is a lot to be said on this subject and I may not be able to explain everything here.
There are many couples like you. So I will refer you to the links below to read the opinions of those who have had the experience.

http://m.selfgrowth.com?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.selfgrowth.com%2Farticles%2Fintrovert-extrovert-relationship-3-tips-to-make-it-work#2902

http://ask.metafilter.com/211596/Me-Extrovert-She-Introvert-Can-this-relationship-survive-Should-it

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/advice/a6401/introvert-extrovert-relationships/

http://www.eharmony.com/blog/five-tips-for-a-great-introvert-extrovert-relationship/

These are just a few. You can search for more online and read about how couples like you have been able to peacefully coexist despite their personality differences.

I also recommend Tim LaHaye's book, Opposites Attract. You can get it in most bookshops in Nigeria.
Thanx very much sir Gos bless u
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by lovely17(m): 9:03am On Jun 22, 2015
highbeeola:

obviously you aren't one you just can't understand
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Obipat(m): 9:12am On Jun 22, 2015
INTROVERT:
WHO IS TALKING ABOUT ME grin grin

Hey Winnieberry I feel your pain but being an introvert is totally awesome for many reasons.
Being an introvert dosent mean you won't have friends or go out or have fun or boring. Take me for example, ave been a guest on NL for 2 years and I just registered last month but am well known now for just causing ish on FTC. As an introvert, It means you are in control of yourself and your emotions. Even if you are misunderstood don't mind them or give an F.
But serious sis, u are jobless. GEJ! See what u have caused? Forward ur CV I may help
You Don't need to suck up to any friend.
You are intelligent and a deep intellectual cos you spend a lot of time reading books and surfing the net
[s]You become a goddess of the front page of NL[/s]

Don't let any one change you and as for your man, Hey sister don't rush or push it cos at the appropriate time you will get the best God has planned out for you.
Besides many men are looking for quiet(introverts).

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss xo xo.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by walosha(f): 9:21am On Jun 22, 2015
Eveything is wrong I dont trust u guys
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 22, 2015
chalantmike:
the question is why do you want to be left alone.

because she simply want to be left alone...that's enough reason, I think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Chinatownm(m): 10:17am On Jun 22, 2015
omoadeleye:
people don't mingle with a boring people, you will just be dulling spirit.

Who are the pipol? If u find wat u like don't generalize it
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Chinatownm(m): 10:19am On Jun 22, 2015
Kizmarty:

because she simply want to be left alone...that's enough reason, I think

Well said man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by femora007(m): 10:42am On Jun 22, 2015
winnieberry:
Helloo am an intovert by nature ,quiet love been indoors watching tv reading novels browse with my phone rather than chat with people.it gives people a wrong steroetype of me to them am wicked oor lack sympathy becos I hardly call or chat with people,even they collect my number.My family and friends nag me a lot E.g am not sociable,I don't go out its bad for a girl hw will toasters or my Future husband find me. It hurts me at times why can't people let me be for who I am cmon everyone can't be d same.To them am too secretive and sensitive,I choose to be secretive cos people can't just keep secrets , u tell smone somting .d nxt ting every else knows wat u told them.A lot of people tink am probably suffering frm insecurity,inferirity complex ,lowself esteem,Hell no .Pls anything wrong with been an introvert?
same with me. Some people even go to the extent of calling me names
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by purpledandelion: 11:04am On Jun 22, 2015
winnieberry:

Hey this is me! We can be friends
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by ayokunlei(m): 11:20am On Jun 22, 2015
Keyana:
this ya own is strong o.
Yoruba interpretation : Eleyi gidigan o o o!
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by highbeeola(m): 11:22am On Jun 22, 2015
lovely17:
obviously you aren't one you just can't understand
i dont need to argue with u with ma personality trait, am a silly introvert a nerd never had a lovelife aside from that introverts has a great power of resilience.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by ONESS: 11:24am On Jun 22, 2015
mutter:
No! great minds need their own company.

The problem is you are like a closed book, but the moment you open up: they read you, use you, abuse you and dump you.

Remain the way you! Be true to yourself. The world has got enough court clowns.
from experience I have suffered a whole lot as an introvert but shame on them who couldn't decode my personality. Cheers
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by ayokunlei(m): 11:27am On Jun 22, 2015
Keyana:
I'm an introvert as well but funny thing is I can strike a convo with anyone at anytime; could even go for hours, yeah! I could be a talkative. I have friends, but no close friend as I hate attachment.
Omo BBF... Shey na Cis,Lis , CSC, masscom, Vet, or pharm, because una tag resemble. How ya exams? But I guess na comm and info sci be ur own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Joseph Blankson: An Unsung Hero Who Died Rescuing 13 Victims Of A Boat Accident / Journalist In Syria Explains Why He Still Washes Dishes After Marrying 3 Wives / Short Igbo Names For Baby Girl And Meaning Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.