Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence (205063 Views)

Number Of Blocks / Calculation Of Total Number Of Blocks For A Particular Building / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
fairheven:

must one use pillar for fence?
not a must but the best.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by misterawo: 6:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
HsLBroker:
The Simplest Way To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks U Need For Your Fence

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

This calculation is based on 9 inches block fence .
The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120
Then (240 + 120) that is 360 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

40 lengths of 12mm iron rod, since one pillar is equivalent to 1 length.

3 lengths of 16mm iron rod for the 2 big pillars holding the gate.

90 planks of soft wood for the framing.

1 truck of granite (granite would be use for the wall foundation and columns)

5 trucks of sharp sand

Thanks for the opportunity giving me to explain this simple arithmetic.

Regards
Adeniyi

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by kingmassa(m): 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
I am a builder, we deal on meters this days. You have given out a vital information and tools a quantity surveyor uses to do his work. Most knowledge should not be let out for free because u seek attention. Hw I wish other profession would leak their secrets just as u did. But thanks for letting most clients know what it takes to build their fence since they always patronise quacks. Point of correction no one mixes 15 head pans of sand to a bag of cement... Is a poor mix ratio

5 Likes

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by agentakins: 7:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
Fantastic
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by musachara: 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
God Bless you friend. this is just what i need now, and it is technically correct. cool
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
agentakins:
Fantastic
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
musachara:
God Bless you friend. this is just what i need now, and it is technically correct. cool
amen and you too

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Binutiri(m): 8:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
Please sir, I want to know the cost of flooring compound because i am really confused. There is already a 4bd four flat on the plot of land 60x120..People are just mentioning expensive things. Thanks i will appreaciate you .plus materials
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
braine:
Wow. Nice! One can't get this simple analysis for free. Thank you! I'll keep this in mind when I start my own project.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
musachara:
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
musachara:
God bless you
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Akinbaba(m): 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
So please how much will it cost to erect of fence on a 60ft by 120ft piece of land.cost for 5 coaches and 9 coaches please.

Thanks
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by GreatManBee: 9:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
HsLBroker:

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by palace1(m): 12:04am On Apr 28, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]Good jub my engineers
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by glambo(m): 12:12am On Apr 28, 2016
Piece of advice, please consult a professional when want to build.
It you make 70no 9" block from a bag of cement be rest assure that any building built with sure block will collapse.
And you can't use 15 Headpan of sand to mix a bag of cement and get good mortar.
A lot of wrobg information is been passed here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by igbanbajo(m): 6:36am On Apr 28, 2016
segzy14:

observation please, 120ft plus 240ft=360 ft
360ft x12 inches= 4320 inches/18inches= 240 lines of blocks
240 x 9 coaches=2160 blocks
as for the cement it is 2160/60=36 bags for 6 inches while
for 9 inches it is 2160/50=43 bags of cement for 9 inches.
please cross check, i stand to be corrected.

Bookmarked.

2 Likes

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by lakesider2006(m): 8:34am On Apr 28, 2016
whirlwind7:

One Bag of cement for 70 blocks is not quarante! It depends on how the owner want it job to be done. But if prefere solid jobs, 50 blocks is ok for 1 bag
You are right. I was about to make this comment too.
I have fenced some of my projects, and I keep getting arbitrary quotes.
It occurred to me, there should be a standard way of calculating the amount of materials required.

I am going to make a copy of this, print and laminate it! cheesy
Some of the masons I hired love to argue. They will tell you that the job doesn't get done by simple arithmetic.
Well, the truth is, simple arithmetic/calculation/estimation is the bedrock of building and other forms of technology.

A thousand thanks for this posts!
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 28, 2016
glambo:
Piece of advice, please consult a professional when want to build.
It you make 70no 9" block from a bag of cement be rest assure that any building built with sure block will collapse.
And you can't use 15 Headpan of sand to mix a bag of cement and get good mortar.
A lot of wrobg information is been passed here.
You know the problem here, many people don't want this type of information out, because it will broaden the knowledge of house owners or project owners.

Just like the comment below, a case study, my own personal house was constructed with this ratio and it will not collapse, i will also be living there with my wife and children and the building will not collapse.

The most important thing here is that, people have gain one or two things, and the thread is about calculating numbers of blocks, you know you can actually decide to use 6 head pan to one bag of cement so your house or fence can be as strong as mountain everest is your choice some people use 12 head pan, some 13 or 14 head pan it's your choice, all I know is that the fence or house with 15 head pan can't collapse my house is a case study, still stand firm like olumo rock.

Very soon I will post a video clip demostrating this.

kingmassa:
I am a builder, we deal on meters this days. You have given out a vital information and tools a quantity surveyor uses to do his work. Most knowledge should not be let out for free because u seek attention. Hw I wish other profession would like their secrets just as u did. But thnks for letting most clients know what it takes to build their fence since they always patronise quacks. Point of correction no one mixes 15 head ans of sand to a bag of cement... Is a poor mix ratio

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
HsLBroker:

The calculation

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi.

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by bristol201(m): 10:24am On Apr 29, 2016
[quote author=HsLBroker post=45132814][/quote]
The op may God bless you as you have blessed me with your self explanatory guide to fencing a plot of land.
Having said that, can you please do same to plastering a room, vis a vis the labour cost, materials also external area of a building. Thanks and God bless you.

P s - pls you may refer me to where this might have been explicitly done. Thanks.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 30, 2016
bristol201:

The op may God bless you as you have blessed me with your self explanatory guide to fencing a plot of land.
Having said that, can you please do same to plastering a room, vis a vis the labour cost, materials also external area of a building. Thanks and God bless you.

P s - pls you may refer me to where this might have been explicitly done. Thanks.
Amen, thank you sir, no problem sir, I'm starting a plastering at ajah very soon, you will see the video demonstration and also in picture.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 30, 2016
HsLBroker:

The calculation

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 04, 2016
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 07, 2016
Current price

2 x 2 @ N250 per rate

2 x 3 @ N350 per rate

2 x 4 @ N450 per rate

2 x 6 @ N650 per rate

3 x 4 @ N650 per rate

1 x 12 @ N1500 per rate
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 7:29am On May 08, 2016
HsLBroker:
Current price

2 x 2 @ N250 per rate

2 x 3 @ N350 per rate

2 x 4 @ N450 per rate

2 x 6 @ N650 per rate

3 x 4 @ N650 per rate

1 x 12 @ N1500 per rate
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 09, 2016
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by highpappy: 5:11pm On May 10, 2016
HsLBroker:

The calculation

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

Not everything one has to get paid for. A simple prayer can be sufficed. GOD BLESS YOU!
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by highpappy: 5:17pm On May 10, 2016
@all

Can someone please give a rough estimate, in materials (and cost if possible) of what it take to make a foundation of a 3 nos of 1 bedroom self contain and 2 nos of 2 bedroom apartment.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 12:28am On May 11, 2016
highpappy:

Not everything one has to get paid for. A simple prayer can be sufficed. GOD BLESS YOU!
amen and u too sir
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 2:18am On May 14, 2016
[quote author=HsLBroker post=45418492][/quote]
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 8:25am On May 15, 2016
HsLBroker:
Current price

2 x 2 @ N250 per rate

2 x 3 @ N350 per rate

2 x 4 @ N450 per rate

2 x 6 @ N650 per rate

3 x 4 @ N650 per rate

1 x 12 @ N1600 per rate
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nicholas007: 2:08pm On May 16, 2016
FOR YOUR ELECTRIC FENCE WIRE CONTACT . St Nicholas Global Concepts 09053859328

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.