Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,632 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! (24944 Views)

"N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord / Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Abbey2sam(m): 8:59am On Jan 18, 2015
CrazyMan:

Abel offered that burnt offering to God and not his pastor.

your really crazy man

buh your saying the truth sha
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by donbabade: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2015
Help a shelterless Nairalander (denbosch). He is an undergraduate at ibadan poly. I ve no money to help but for those who can give to d needy. Pls help him. He needs 20k for housing. I read his post dis morning in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2098879/amaechi-bars-jonathan-using-states.
God Bless
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 18, 2015
Youceemeri:
Hello great nairalanders pls i need your financial help to solve to problem which is been affecting me since d turn of the year...I need this cash to paid for a room for me and my son(Shelter). They have served us quit notice.. There's no business i could venture in that would yield maximum return at this moment, beside am on street now running up and down to make our end for food, am not lazy i can do any work but not into robbery pls i just want to be a good daddy for my son since his mum is late, i believe downfall of a man not the end, all i need is a roof over our head so i could be able to cool down and find job to make him proud.. The money i need is #20,000 to get a room..Any financial help would be greatly appreciated...I know there is good people out there who can help me .......May God bless and reward u all.
[B]WHY NOT PAY THAT TITHE OR FIRSTFRUIT TO THIS MAN?[/B]
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by lexdino: 9:06am On Jan 18, 2015
lastmessenger:

Put your faith to work? Boy there are better ways to put your faith to work. Your pastor or those who wants your January salary is not better than apostle Paul who taught us the right way to give.
Well it is obvious that you want to be scammed over and over after all you are looking for recognition. I know where you belong. If you don't it pastor go know say Gomb is not obeying leadership.
But at the end of the day, Yu won't be better than those who know that they are aupposed to obey Gods words and not mans scheming. The funny thing is that one Idiot will come out and give a stupid testimony how first fruit made him rich and they will forget that there are thousands who gave their first fruit and nothing happened in their lives.
Gomb you are decieved.you will be a happier boy if you spend a part of that money on somebody who is in dare need. You will be fulfilling the sayings of Christ and not some Kalo Kalo doctrine geard towards raising money.
help me tell them. They're just too gullible.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by adonismuller(m): 9:09am On Jan 18, 2015
If the pastor says "bring the first fruit to church" (for him)....who is he gona take his first fruit to?

Common sense is not common!

2 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by semitunde: 9:10am On Jan 18, 2015
DeCritique:
Thank God it's just your opinion!

My own opinion is: Share your tithe into two, give your pastor one and bless the lives of the poor with the other!!

Shikena!!!

First fruit isn't even tithe. Its the whole salary.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Abbey2sam(m): 9:11am On Jan 18, 2015
danjumakolo:
Although I am a Muslim.

But I am of the opinium that the catholics are more upright and just in terms of finances and the morals of the church

thank you sir...I've noticed the how the catholics deals with their offerings and tithes, they break everything down for you to understand how your offering and tithes are spent

I'm a Catholic by the way

2 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 18, 2015
donbabade:
Help a shelterless Nairalander (denbosch). He is an undergraduate at ibadan poly. I ve no money to help but for those who can give to d needy. Pls help him. He needs 20k for housing. I read his post dis morning in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2098879/amaechi-bars-jonathan-using-states.
God Bless
Wow.. Goodmorning Sir.. Thanks so much.. I really appreciate
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by CrazyMan(m): 9:17am On Jan 18, 2015
elantraceey:

Please show me where God is so i can give him my offerings and tithes myselfundecided
God never asked you to give him your tithe. He told the isrealites to bring it to his temple so the levites who weren't allowed any inheritance in the land of Israel can survive on it.

Pastors of today now misquote that passage and milk members dry in the name of tithes.

That's why am against tithing.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Abbey2sam(m): 9:17am On Jan 18, 2015
understatement:
Oga leave ur wretched church and pastor and go to a correct church.All I see in ur post is poverty.I mean how much can u give a pastor that sows his own car?how much is ur first fruit sef?100k?200k?can u sow a car?

The fact is all u people that say this,80% of u are poor..paaying ur first fruit or tithe is not the only thing u don't do,u are simply stingy!...go give the needy bla bla bla..I bet u've neva even given ur nabor a dime b4.if not,how is giving 1\12 a difficult thing to do?

I don't blame u sha,it's the fake pastors we have these days.The fact is anybody u give ur first fruit must also pay his first fruit that's wen it works!...

Abraham was willing to give his first and only son as a sacrifice that made him got the blessings he got.U sing "Abraham's blessing's are mine" but u are not willing to give ur Isaac!. Read also Exodus 22:29-31,

There is no secret to blessing..it's simply give and take.I can't help u if u've decided to continue live in penury...the fact u have a house without paying first fruit,doesn't mean u wldn't built 4 if u paid!instead to ask for grace to be able to do it cus it's not easy,u've simply decided not to pay...wateva rocks ur both sha..

shut up

2 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by victorazy(m): 9:20am On Jan 18, 2015
imagrg:
Finance the spread of the Gospel of God by contributing to its structural and humanitarian needs. Don't let pastors enrich themselves through your tithes and offerings because you may be leading them to hell! Christians beware!

Sharrap!
Wicked soul! What will pastor feed on. Ur collectin N300k from ur job and man of God should go beggin?
"Bring all ur tithes so that there may be MEAT in my house" what do u think bible meant by MEAT?

You guyz only see when someone is eating.

Your not enriching ur pastor with ur tithes, ur only doing good to ursef "God loves chearful giver" give and it shal be given to u good measures" until u stop greed, u won't be great.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 18, 2015
...and come and finance your iniquity?
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Abbey2sam(m): 9:30am On Jan 18, 2015
If God really follow all this thing we believe in, then no one should be rich apart from Christians, "dangote is not a Christian" God doesn't reason like us, thank God I can read the bible too, giving your tithe mustn't be to the church alone, helping the needy is part of it, we have the real pastors in the rural areas that are suffering and need our help.....One would have thought that part of this offerings and tithe would go to them, but no, most of them receive nothing from this big churches......

Instead they buy private jet, build mansion for them and their family, then went ahead to build schools from the church pulse, that only the few rich members kids can attends, you find politicians children in such school

I can go on and on

2 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Uncletony(m): 9:30am On Jan 18, 2015
lastmessenger:

I wonder how you guys think. Always twisting scriptures. How does Abel's sacrifice degenerate to asking Christians to surrender their first month salary to another.
Do you at all take a look what the real apostles of Christ taught in the areas of given before doing what you are doing. Why must we bring one event tht happened in the past to back a rediculous practice.
Even in practical terms first fruit is not feasible. I am talking from experience.

I wonder oo!.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Uncletony(m): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2015
Gombs:

[size=58pt]Is it your money? [/size]

Your experience don't matter, just like mine does not matter to you. Now, park well make I use POS jooor

Grow up dude!..that is advance fraud!!..am a christain too, but am too educated 4 dat kind of 419. Shine ur eyes

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by semitunde: 9:34am On Jan 18, 2015
elantraceey:

Please show me where God is so i can give him my offerings and tithes myselfundecided

Matthew 25:40; ... Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

You don't have to look for God dear. Everyone of us was made in His image. His example and witness is all around us, our brothers, our sisters our neighbours, even our pastors! But its not limited to, nor solely for the pastors.

Help someone in need and you score a 10/10 with God. If that needy person is in a church or a pastor and you are convinced of the need, then give to them.

Part of the reason for contribution (note, not tithe) into the church in the new testament; is so that there will be food available to help those in need. If you feel that the church needs isn't there, or are not being met, then face the need privately.

You will be doing what God wants. You would have given to God.

Its funny, even non- Christians apply this law and become successes more than us Christians who have a detailed guide to success. We then wonder why God apparently supports them by making them successful.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery....

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by tivta(m): 9:38am On Jan 18, 2015
At OP. You are wasting your time. Most nigerians believe their pastors are semi gods that most be followed,hook and line. I started loosing faith in what they preach at an early age when I found out they receive salary but don't pay tax. Yet the bible says give unto ceaser what belongs to ceaser. Am tell you those who collect tithe as salary are just defrauding their members. Its cases like this that makes me respect muslims who instead of cursing you to pay tithe,encourage you to help the less privilege. Unfortunately some muslims are now so corrupt that they stylishly insist you pay them for every prayer they pray for you. Yet china with over 100 religions is succeeding in every aspect cause they draw a line between worshiping God and feeding lazy religious men.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 18, 2015
Tithes and offering is not a thing that should be between u and your pastor if truly u are a good Christian is between u and ur God.try and read malachi 3 it shed more light on it
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Uncletony(m): 9:43am On Jan 18, 2015
**ADVANCE FRAUD**

Same tithe built convant university for politicians & billinaires children, but not 4 the church members.

They took private jet to be bicycle yet their members are d very unemployed youth all over d country!.

The said gov. is sole responsible for job creation, but when you get the job, bring the money to them! Chaii!!

Education is not just be going to school ooo..shine your eye people!..stop givving money to 419 politicians cum pastors like osinbajo e'tal, they are corrupt thieves

3 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by valdes00(m): 9:45am On Jan 18, 2015
lastmessenger:

I wonder how you guys think. Always twisting scriptures. How does Abel's sacrifice degenerate to asking Christians to surrender their first month salary to another.
Do you at all take a look what the real apostles of Christ taught in the areas of given before doing what you are doing. Why must we bring one event tht happened in the past to back a rediculous practice.
Even in practical terms first fruit is not feasible. I am talking from experience.
First fruit khor, ripe fruit ni... Bros abeg help me tell am, I go suffer for 31days, stress myself finish cum carry my 70k giv 1 pastor 2 dey live big.... Wen m nt mad... I no even remember wen I pay tithe last.....

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Rainmaker69(m): 9:46am On Jan 18, 2015
Why are christian brothers and sisters insulting themselves over minor doctrinal differences.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by victorazy(m): 9:47am On Jan 18, 2015
Abbey2sam:
If God really follow all this thing we believe in, then no one should be rich apart from Christians, "dangote is not a Christian" God doesn't reason like us, thank God I can read the bible too, giving your tithe mustn't be to the church alone, helping the needy is part of it, we have the real pastors in the rural areas that are suffering and need our help.....One would have thought that part of this offerings and tithe would go to them, but no, most of them receive nothing from this big churches......

Instead they buy private jet, build mansion for them and their family, then went ahead to build schools from the church pulse, that only the few rich members kids can attends, you find politicians children in such school

I can go on and on

Go and do ur research how Dangote was love and blessed by God "he first gave God".

Dangote gave the late Idahosa his air ticket and he was blessed by Idahosa.

Go and find out.
Most of us want to be rich but can't give richly.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by YurFatHer: 9:48am On Jan 18, 2015
When the pastor have already brainwash their members, why wont they contribute money for them. Members are sufferin while pastors are enjoying the fruit of their members.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by victorazy(m): 9:53am On Jan 18, 2015
YurFatHer:
When the pastor have already brainwash their members, why wont they contribute money for them. Members are sufferin while pastors are enjoying the fruit of their members.

That's why you will remain the poor sir cuz ur simply telling us that Bible is deceptive.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by jjman2322: 9:54am On Jan 18, 2015
Religion is bringing Nigeria down. We have more churches per square mile than 99% of other countries, yet our country is a crap hole.. Massive corruption, poverty, suffering, etc.

Does it mean God does not like us?? Meanwhile countries that arent as religious as us are doing much better..

Anyway, I dont want to get into that issue... For all you tithe payers, have you ever wondered why the pastor only chooses the verses and books that suit him when it comes to getting money..

The pastor should also be preaching stuff like "Wearing clothing woven of more than one kind of cloth" is not allowed (Please check your tags ASAP),

Even the bible itself is confused.. Go ahead and check http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html and you will see tons of inconsistencies.

Never have I seen a book with advocates killing your own child if he disobeys (Deuteronomy 21:18-21), yet at the same time preaches forgiveness and mercy.

I'm sure your pastors won't tell you to go home and kill your children, after all its in the old testament,(but magically they will collect your money using old testament books and quotes..)

Goodluck to all, to each his own.

Finally i'd love to say majority of Nigerians are sheep.. I finally gave up on Nigerians about 2yrs ago when i was in the village in Anambra state, and we went to a local church... Guess what? The pastor was announcing this:

"The family of MR so and so has given N200. They have tried.."
"The family of MR a and b has given N50. They need to do better next time "
"The family of Mr b and c has given N1,000. God will bless them the most and continue to keep them"
"The family of Mr d and e has yet to give anything. They don't want God to bless them. Thats their business"

I concluded there and then that majority of Nigerians are idiots..

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by franksam2009: 9:55am On Jan 18, 2015
lastmessenger:

As far I am concerned,what you guys do is to bring up a rediculous idea to generate money, then you look for a scripture, twist it and back it up.
I just have a simple advice to give you, always look at what the apostles did or preached so that you won't be fooled. Is it that we present penticostal churches know better than the apostles of Jesus Christ or even Christ himself.
I understand the huge financial expenses which you guys are carrying but the question is, is that what God requires of us today or are we just doing as we like?
you don't know a thing about Christianity, only God can judge, you can't change our minds with what you said, even if we pay our first fruit offering to a fake church and pray about it, God sees all, God knows all, he knows I paid it with my hard earned money, it's left for GOD to judge the pastor if he uses God's money for his selfish interest

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by chigomiced: 9:55am On Jan 18, 2015
lastmessenger:

I am not attacking the church of Christ. I am showing you your foolishness. There is no scripture that says your January salary is your first fruit. Is that hard for you to understand? For Gods sake take up your bible and study for yourself.

Pls oooOooo which month salary can we refer to as first fruit grin
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by chigomiced: 10:00am On Jan 18, 2015
jjman2322:
Religion is bringing Nigeria down. We have more churches per square mile than 99% of other countries, yet our country is a crap hole.. Massive corruption, poverty, suffering, etc.

Does it mean God does not like us?? Meanwhile countries that arent as religious as us are doing much better..

Anyway, I dont want to get into that issue... For all you tithe payers, have you ever wondered why the pastor only chooses the verses and books that suit him when it comes to getting money..

The pastor should also be preaching stuff like "Wearing clothing woven of more than one kind of cloth" is not allowed (Please check your tags ASAP),

Even the bible itself is confused.. Go ahead and check http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html and you will see tons of inconsistencies.

Never have I seen a book with advocates killing your own child if he disobeys (Deuteronomy 21:18-21), yet at the same time preaches forgiveness and mercy.

I'm sure your pastors won't tell you to go home and kill your children, after all its in the old testament,(but magically they will collect your money using old testament books and quotes..)

Goodluck to all, to each his own.

Finally i'd love to say majority of Nigerians are sheep.. I finally gave up on Nigerians about 2yrs ago when i was in the village in Anambra state, and we went to a local church... Guess what? The pastor was announcing this:

"The family of MR so and so has given N200. They have tried.."
"The family of MR a and b has given N50. They need to do better next time "
"The family of Mr b and c has given N1,000. God will bless them the most and continue to keep them"
"The family of Mr d and e has yet to give anything. They don't want God to bless them. Thats their business"

I concluded there and there that majority of Nigerians are idiots..

Cheers

Nigerians simply don't "Think" grin
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by jjman2322: 10:05am On Jan 18, 2015
I would also love to add that our ever loving God is the biggest mass murderer in history.. If someone is so perfect then why create millions of things and end up killing them

According to the bible official figures, God killed over 2.5million people(I bet many of you didn't know that. You can google it yourself)

But experts estimate its closer to 20million+
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Originalsly: 10:07am On Jan 18, 2015
Gombs:

[size=58pt]Is it your money? [/size]

Your experience don't matter, just like mine does not matter to you. Now, park well make I use POS jooor
Just curious...you seem to be very passionate about this first fruit offering....help me understand....January salary should be offered because January is the first month of the year. I get that. What if I am paid weekly?...do I offer my first week pay for the year?....or do I offer the first week pay of each month?.....or is my first pay check period the first fruit? Help me bro....the meaning of first is confusing me.

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by jjman2322: 10:11am On Jan 18, 2015
Matt. 19:21

"Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Don't you guys want to be perfect??
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Abbey2sam(m): 10:19am On Jan 18, 2015
victorazy:

Go and do ur research how Dangote was love and blessed by God "he first gave God".

Dangote gave the late Idahosa his air ticket and he was blessed by Idahosa.

Go and find out.
Most of us want to be rich but can't give richly.

Is that your yardstick

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kumuyi: "Stop Attacking President Buhari, It's Ungodly" / Buhari’ll Deliver On Campaign Promises – Kumuyi / Maharaj Ji Advises Buhari On How To Run His Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.