Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye (26070 Views)

'GEJ Made Mistakes But God Knows He Tried' - Reno Omokri / Redeemed Christian Church Of God Will Produce A President -pastor Adeboye / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by Johnnyessence(m): 2:40am On Jan 16, 2015
THE General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor E.A Adeboye, has said only God knows Nigeria’s next president.

Adeboye made the submission on Thursday, at the just-concluded two-day Bible study programme organised by the University of Ibadan (UI) Christian Family Fellowship, at the International Conference Centre, UI.

Citing an example of a highly-placed ambassador who requested to know his opinion about the political future of the country, Adeboye said people waiting for his opinion concerning where the presidential pendulum would swing in February 14 needed not bother themselves, as his opinion did not matter, but that of God.

“Do you know that if we talk more about Jesus than we do about politics, God will take care of politics? One great ambassador asked what my opinion is about what is going on, I said my opinion does not matter. He said that was not what we wanted to hear. I said my opinion does not matter, because what God is going to do is what He will do,” the septuagenarian cleric stated. He said: “When you say you are on the side of a politician, you are on the wrong side ever possible. Because politicians never tell you the truth and you can quote me. Tell them that I said so. Politicians know how to say ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ at the same time.”

The annual event started on Tuesday, at 4:00 p.m with other sessions held at 6:00 a.m and 4:00 p.m of Wednesday, as well as 6:00 p.m on Thursday.

Adeboye, who has kept his distance from making public statements on issues relating to the forthcoming general election, while teaching on “Obedience to God’s commands,” enjoined Christians to spend more time preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to unsaved souls rather than politics.

Quoting from the scriptures, he reeled out nine areas to include: Giving, Tithing, Purity, Transparency, Forgiveness, Love, Evangelism, among others where Christians should ensure they walk with God.

Adeboye contended that if Christians focused more on preaching the Good News and winning souls to populate God’s Kingdom, God would take care of the political situation of the country.

He admonished Nigerians to engage more in profitable pastime than dissipating their time and energy on which political candidate was good or bad, saying no human being was good.

“Do you think God is sitting down in Heaven and scratching His head on who should win (the general election)? That has been settled before we were born. Don’t waste your energy discussing this one is good, that one is bad. Is there any human being that is good?” he queried rhetorically.

Adeboye said Christians should focus on telling God in prayers that His perfect will should be done in February, saying they should also understand that God could use even His enemies to carry out His will if need be.

“Ask for the perfect will of God for the elections, instead of worrying over who will win. God can use His enemy to fulfill his will.

“There are many of us who want to know the details of who will win the next elections, who is going to be president, who is going to be governor, ...just say, Father let Your perfect will be done.

“What’s God’s perfect will? That if the fellow, who is going to come to power is going to be God’s enemy, it will be part of His perfect will. Because occasionally when God wants to move you to where He wants you to be, He may need to use an enemy. Joseph would never have fulfilled his destiny if his brother had loved him,” the man of God explained.

To drive home his point that politicians should not be trusted because of their penchant for double-speaking, the humorous lecturer-turned cleric told the congregation about the story of three characters among which were a Hindu, a Jew and a Politician whose car broke down at night after embarking on a journey and they had to pass the night at a farmer’s abode.

According to him, “Three people were in a car and the car broke down at night. So, they went to a farm to stay. And the farmer said “well, I I have two beds, but the third would have to go and sleep in the barn. And the first one that went to sleep in the barn, I think a Hindu or so, very soon he came and said “sorry I can’t sleep in the barn because there is a cow there and the cow is our god and I can’t sleep with my god.

“So, the Jew said I can go and sleep there because cow is not my god. But very soon, he came back and said “oh, I’didnt know there is a pig there, a pig is an unclean animal to us. I can’t sleep with the pig.”

“And the third person said “no problem, cow or pig whatever, is not my problem. And he was a politician. He went to sleep and very soon, there was a knock on the door. The farmer opened the door and found the cow and the pig standing by the door and they said “we can’t sleep in the barn because there is a politician there.”

“So, the farmer asked them “why”? They said “because by tomorrow morning, we will become liars.” And he said to them ‘how come?’ And they said ‘because he’s (politician) been with us for just five minutes and he has promised us so many things. He promised us that as soon as he gets home, he would air-condition the barn, he would give us colour television.... .’ Do I need to say more?” the man of God concluded amid an applause from the congregation.

It will be recalled that Pastor Adeboye, in his New Year prophecy to the nation, has said he would keep to himself what God told him what would characterize the political atmosphere of the year, but added that “By the end of the year (2015), many will say “all is well that ends well.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/26832-only-god-knows-nigeria-s-next-president-adeboye

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by olas24u(f): 2:41am On Jan 16, 2015
The best candidate will win here on earth

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by Johnnyessence(m): 2:43am On Jan 16, 2015
waooo this is great .let d Lord judge d outcome of d election. d will of God will come to pass on us.

17 Likes

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 16, 2015
issorite!!!
Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by pacesetter939: 2:46am On Jan 16, 2015
Everyone knows GEJ aren't the best here.

GMB all the way!

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by kokoA(m): 3:06am On Jan 16, 2015
“What’s God’s perfect will? That if the
fellow, who is going to come to power is
going to be God’s enemy, it will be part
of His perfect will. Because occasionally
when God wants to move you to where
He wants you to be, He may need to use
an enemy. Joseph would never have
fulfilled his destiny if his brother had loved
him,” .... Pastor Adeboye.

This is deep.. I understood something from this statement but I will keep it to myself grin

31 Likes

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by BedLam: 3:11am On Jan 16, 2015
And who the ffuck is daddy GO? Owner of Go t.v.?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by FastShipping: 3:16am On Jan 16, 2015
kokoA:
“What’s God’s perfect will? That if the
fellow, who is going to come to power is
going to be God’s enemy, it will be part
of His perfect will. Because occasionally

This is deep.. I understood something from this statement but I will keep it to myself grin

This very quote got me thinking: "Because occasionally

That quote can only be understood by people who understand literature and critical thinking.

Things couldn't get any worse for us if we try anyone else. Judas wasn't bad all his life, after all.

18 Likes

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by tzoracle: 5:16am On Jan 16, 2015
This quote though

Only few would understand the rest would start to shout
Sai gej
Sai buhari
Slowpokes

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by basisop(m): 5:17am On Jan 16, 2015
What is God's perfect will? Is there any will or act of God that is not perfect or below expectation? Make Una know when Una annoy the Almighty oo. God no be man his ways are always perfect so no need for that adjective.

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by manck2: 5:19am On Jan 16, 2015
sad angry
Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by peleson: 5:31am On Jan 16, 2015
Gej has already won this election! Ask Obama, G. Bush and they will tell you! They have similar experience

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by omowolewa: 6:33am On Jan 16, 2015
They want the gentle man of God to tell them whether the bird in their pocket is alive or dead! embarassed

They'll be the first to blow the whistle for false prophesy after casting their vote in the direction of their will!

Godbless your wisdom sir!!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by martincbarton: 6:49am On Jan 16, 2015
That is very commendable.

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by Swizdoe(m): 6:54am On Jan 16, 2015
BedLam:
And who the ffuck is daddy GO? Owner of Go t.v.?
Lmao
Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by Swizdoe(m): 7:00am On Jan 16, 2015
Baba on point especially the part where he said politicians know how to say yes and no meaning they are untrustworthy and pretenders.......
Who would have thought that the Jonathan that knelt in front of Baba to pray for him at the holy ghost service in december 2010 would become like this.......
Thank God for exposing the crafty man.

10 Likes

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by BokoHaramm: 7:18am On Jan 16, 2015
Daddy please stay out of politics, its taking a toll on your impeCcable character. Nigeria Politics and Christianity cannot mix.

5 Likes

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by jingh(f): 7:18am On Jan 16, 2015
only God knows who will be president
only the citizen will vote the person that will win

vote buhari for better Nigeria
buhari for change

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by ddippset(m): 7:18am On Jan 16, 2015
m
Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by Pillars1(m): 7:18am On Jan 16, 2015
Ok we understand sir
Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by ichidodo: 7:18am On Jan 16, 2015
GOD will never allow his children be frogmarched into slavery by an Illiterate...

7 Likes

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by ellalina(f): 7:19am On Jan 16, 2015
I no book space o
But I dey come back
Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by PrinceMario(m): 7:19am On Jan 16, 2015
He said something the relates to that on OAU campus this morning. He said God knows the next president of Nigeria before we were born,so the time we use in discussing politics should be channel on something better like preaching Jesus.
Daddy categorically said the he doesn't like politicians because they are double mouthed,and he(Papa) challenged anyone to quote him anywhere. He further told us a very funny story about the lies politicians tell when they are yet to get power. And later giving us an example which burst everyone into laughter,he said; "if i am a politician,i can easily promised all of you a carton of turkey if voted into power,thereby,i know i wont do that when i am elected".

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by timilehing(m): 7:20am On Jan 16, 2015
Yea
Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by shaboti: 7:20am On Jan 16, 2015
Yup. And that person is... only God knows lipsrsealed
Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by Lordmykel(m): 7:20am On Jan 16, 2015
Them no wan prophesy, them no wan show their fakeness abi *covers mouth*

watin concern God with politics??

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by Bifwoli: 7:20am On Jan 16, 2015
And God only knows too well Buhari is not suitable to be president.

Vote GEJ. (God Elected Jonathan)

13 Likes

Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by Efewestern: 7:20am On Jan 16, 2015
Hmm
Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by MZdamola(f): 7:21am On Jan 16, 2015
Only God knows....
Re: Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:21am On Jan 16, 2015
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Poses With Rescued Dapchi Schoolgirls As He Receives Them(pics) / Nigerians Call On Sunday Dare To Help Rescue Siasia’s Mum From Kidnappers / Labour Party Holds Maiden Meeting In Egor LGA, Benin City, Edo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.