Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 (1118 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by karlie4nia(m): 9:24am On Jan 16, 2015
It may not be news by now to active forex traders what happened yesterday at about 10.30 am. where CHF went almost 3000pips in less than 30minutes.... I dont trade CHF pairs...so i wasn't affected. Just wanna know if any one here around was affected positively or negatively and most importantly the reaction and behavior of their broker to their client while this news happened and after. Thanks.
Re: The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by teemy(m): 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
In my almost 10 years of trading i've never seen anything like it o. Alpari nano gave it like 5000 pips, Lite forex like 4000 and Alpari Demo 10000 pips all on chdjpy pair.
Re: The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by teemy(m): 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
The best I have seen in the past 2005 was a 800 pips drop in gbpjpy in a single day but this cj was in just 20 mins. The Euro has been performing poorly across board for the past few days, guess the swissy for some readon had a mind of its own to grow strong all of a sudden despitea cut in interest rates. All the more reason never to trade a system without stop loss just in case of the expected unexpected.
Re: The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by karlie4nia(m): 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
It was highly unprecedented and i just hope many brokers out there that lost a heck of money would still be able to pay their clients that made money from that move.... i have received emails from gkfx, ironfx and oanda but yet to receive email from instaforex which is my main broker
Re: The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by karlie4nia(m): 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
Notwithstanding the fact that i don't trade any CHF crosses...i have learned from this unprecedented event to do some adjustment to my money management....
Re: The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by teemy(m): 10:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
karlie4nia:
It was highly unprecedented and i just hope many brokers out there that lost a heck of money would still be able to pay their clients that made money from that move.... i have received emails from gkfx, ironfx and oanda but yet to receive email from instaforex which is my main broker
Please what is the brief of the emailsyou received?
Re: The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by dhaewood(m): 3:31am On Jan 18, 2015
[size=48pt]GPBJPY ALL THE WAY[/size]

Re: The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by karlie4nia(m): 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
Well, in the emails from Oanda, Gkfx, Xm, they all claim they are doing well and cos of their risk management they were not affected much.
But someone called forex oracle is theorizing that the event on 15-1-15 would bring about an eventual end in retail Forex trading

1 Like

Re: The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by teemy(m): 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
thanks for the response karlie4nia. i believe only non ecn brokers would complain and would not want to pay as they trade against traders. learnt the move was due to the cap on the swissy was removed and left for market forces to decide.
Re: The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by karlie4nia(m): 10:42am On Jan 22, 2015
teemy:
thanks for the response karlie4nia. i believe only non ecn brokers would complain and would not want to pay as they trade against traders. learnt the move was due to the cap on the swissy was removed and left for market forces to decide.

Well, i don't even think many brokers out there are ECN.. but i just guess their financial strength helps them coupled with their money management being always in place.Besides they alwaz have their way around such situations. It apparently sent a couple of Brokers out of business.

What broker do u use if i may ask?
Re: The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by teemy(m): 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
alpari russia
Re: The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by karlie4nia(m): 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hmm Alpari russia..well i think its strongly established cos they have been in the industry for quite some time...but am not sure if they are strongly regulated... For me am considering moving to one of these foreign brokers with an outlet in Nigeria..not IB... say like GKFX or FXTM... cos i really need to deal with the issue of safety of funds..welll good luck...
Re: The Chf Tsunami- 15-1-15 by teemy(m): 4:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
Alpari alpari-forex.com owns FXTM.

(1) (Reply)

Bitcoin Talk, Money Talks!! / Earn With Topup Africa App & Payout Your Earnings Directly To Your Bank Account / Land Properties For Sale. 100 Percent Genuine, With C Of O . Verifiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.