Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. (23440 Views)

Stop Match-making 'brothers And Sisters' - Adeboye Warns RCCG Pastors / Redeemed Pastors In President Buhari's Government / 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Dannyset(m): 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, has again warned all the pastors in the church not to use the altar of the church to campaign for any politician.

This will be the third time Pastor Adeboye would be issuing the warning to the pastors of the church with headquarters in Nigeria and hundreds of branches globally.

He had issued a similar warning when an audio cassette authored by one Pastor Bosun, who claimed to be ordained in the RCCG, went viral.

In the controversial video Pastor Bosun advised Christians not to vote for the candidates of a particular political party in the forthcoming elections.

However, Pastor Adeboye swiftly disassociated the Redeemed Church from the contents of the cassette which generated discontent among politicians and political parties.

Pastor Adeboye told his pastors then that the church should not be used for any political activity.

He said he was not saying the pastors should not partake in politics, but that the church should not be turned to campaign ground.

A few days ago, the authorities of the church sent another text message to all the pastors of the church reminding them of the earlier warning.

The content of Pastor Adeboye’s message read: ‘The General Overseer had reiterated that on no account MUST the altar and the parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God be used for political campaign. Anyone caught will face the consequence. You are warned.”

The latest warning may not be unconnected with the recent development where the APC presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, picked one of the senior pastors of the church, Pastor Yemi Osinbajo, who is a Provincial Pastor, as his running mate.

Since Osinbajo emerged as General Buhari’s running mate, the pendulum has changed in the political circle.

Buhari, who had hitherto attracted hostility from Christendom because of his perceived religious stance, has been enjoying tremendous support from Christians because of Osinbajo.

Source: http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/01/16/dont-campaign-on-pulpit-adeboye-warns-redeemed-pastors/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by OracleMxNelson(m): 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
*clears throat*

*modified *

12 Likes

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by NaijaOptimist: 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
Yes..

we do not want politics of religion

2 Likes

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by resty4(m): 4:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
If yr pastors disobey yr warnings abeg dady GO no mercy suspend them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Walelavender(m): 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
Good development. Let him that has ear listen the voice of wisdom

4 Likes

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by sirmielee(m): 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
good
Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
thank God we still have men speaking for God

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Truth24(m): 4:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
God bless you sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by delikay4luv: 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
Nice one from pastor Adeboye

2 Likes

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by listenersky: 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
Nice development

1 Like

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Dannyset(m): 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
One of his Pastors spoke against Buhari today. He shld take heed.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by ambassadorgozie(m): 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
Daddy... My humble pastor... Remain bless

3 Likes

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Dbboy(m): 5:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
Dannyset:
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, has again warned all the pastors in the church not to use the altar of the church to campaign for any politician.

This will be the third time Pastor Adeboye would be issuing the warning to the pastors of the church with headquarters in Nigeria and hundreds of branches globally.

He had issued a similar warning when an audio cassette authored by one Pastor Bosun, who claimed to be ordained in the RCCG, went viral.

In the controversial video Pastor Bosun advised Christians not to vote for the candidates of a particular political party in the forthcoming elections.

However, Pastor Adeboye swiftly disassociated the Redeemed Church from the contents of the cassette which generated discontent among politicians and political parties.

Pastor Adeboye told his pastors then that the church should not be used for any political activity.

He said he was not saying the pastors should not partake in politics, but that the church should not be turned to campaign ground.

A few days ago, the authorities of the church sent another text message to all the pastors of the church reminding them of the earlier warning.

The content of Pastor Adeboye’s message read: ‘The General Overseer had reiterated that on no account MUST the altar and the parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God be used for political campaign. Anyone caught will face the consequence. You are warned.”

The latest warning may not be unconnected with the recent development where the APC presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, picked one of the senior pastors of the church, Pastor Yemi Osinbajo, who is a Provincial Pastor, as his running mate.

Since Osinbajo emerged as General Buhari’s running mate, the pendulum has changed in the political circle.

Buhari, who had hitherto attracted hostility from Christendom because of his perceived religious stance, has been enjoying tremendous support from Christians because of Source: http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/01/16/dont-campaign-on-pulpit-adeboye-warns-redeemed-pastors/

He should go the catholic way and refuse his pastors from running for a political position rather than all theses cheap talk.

19 Likes

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by dahunsy(f): 5:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
coughs***clears throat
Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by demelza: 5:10pm On Jan 16, 2015
Dannyset:
One of his Pastors spoke against Buhari today. He shld take heed.
That one is a leaking mouth. He wants G.O to notice him.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by ifyalways(f): 5:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
I hope they heed.

My neighbours sent me a tape for their new years eve watch night service(31st), I watched it half way and had to stop when the assistant pastor started an open campaign for APC. Right on the pulpit. Good a thing, the head pastor took the microphone from him and openly told everyone they are free to vote for whomever the spirit of God leads them to.

RCCG, Glorious branch assembly, Ikota Lagos. Kudos to the head pastor !

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Kylekent59: 5:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
U cannot serve 2 master,,u will like one and hate d other,,, he should choose(osinbajo) one,, serve God or become a politician

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Dee60: 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2015
Spot on
Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by tejpot(m): 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2015
Political matters in Nigeria will remain a polemic one until we forgo being tendentious, reduce the poignancy associated with politics and raise our acuity through research.

That being said...

#FeBuhari
#LoveBuhari
#VoteBuhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by tola9ja: 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2015
All my critics should note this for the last time;

I am not supporting Buhari because of his age,

I am not supporting Buhari because of his accent,

I am not supporting Buhari because he is Hausa/Fulani,

I am not supporting Buhari because he is a Muslim, Christian or a theist,

I am not supporting Buhari because he was once a military man.

Whether General has certificate or not none of my business.

Whether he is a computer litterate or not, I am less concerned.

Strongly, I am supporting General Muhammadu Buhari because he is not a corrupt politician.

GMB will never allow our $256million be spent the way Stella Oduah did under Jonathan's government, otherwise she will be prosecuted.

Buhari will never allow over $20billion excess crude squandered like the way it was done under Jonathan's government.

Buhari will never allow Bokoharam killing Nigerians, as a matter of fact why will Camerounian soldiers will be winning war against Bokoharam and Nigerian soldiers at loosing end?

Buhari will never allow someone (like Maina) to run away with pension money without him been prosecuted.

Buhari will never allow Olabode George to be wasting Sure-P money on PDP at the detriment of all Nigerians as alleged by Obanikoro.

Corruption is what is killing us in Nigeria, if you enter any of these politicians house(s) you will weep for generations unborn as you see fleet of cars parked left unused.

My people, my people, please let us give General Muhammadu Buhari a trial, it is a matter of FOUR years, I believe he will not fail us, even if he fail, we will also send him back to Daura with our votes.

Buhari/Osinbajo the best team for now.

APC change Jonathan

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2015
abeg make I book space
Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
This message goes to Jonathan that has converted all the churches to his campaign venues

6 Likes

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by MurdaForker(m): 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
God forgive if need be bt Baba can go and sit joor... He is nt that credible wen it comes to dealin wit politicians... Mtchew

4 Likes

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by DickDastardly(m): 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
Oskind'banjo take note! cool

1 Like

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by pekeyim: 5:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
Kudos. To the MOG
Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Ask4bigneyo(m): 5:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hope they are reading this?
Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by baybeeboi: 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
MOGs and politics.....
Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Goodquestion(m): 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
We are safe no matter what or who because God is backbone.
Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by Onozboy(m): 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
Politics
Space booked

front page @last
Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by 100Cents: 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2015
Tell that to Father Mbaka..

Trading on peoples illiteracy.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. by ogsmith: 5:22pm On Jan 16, 2015
Separation of church and state. Does it still work.

Neways I yndersta his intention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shiloh: I Became A Minister After Bishop Oyedepo Prayed For Me - Betta Edu / Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? / Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 56th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.