Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,451 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

How Do You Handle A Challenge Of This Nature? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Handle A Challenge Of This Nature? (554 Views)

How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! / How I Overcame The Challenge Of Unemployment In Nigeria / Best Ways To Handle Toxic And Irritating People In Your Place Of Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Handle A Challenge Of This Nature? by Jason2014(m): 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
I was at the office of a client yesterday at the request of the MD who needs help with respect to her accounting system. I met with the GM who told me the challenges they're currently encountering and asked what we could do to salvage the situation?

While the meeting was going on, i asked for the accountant of the company to be present at the meeting to tell us the challenges he was encountering and what he's been able to accomplish thus far.

Currently, the company is using an accounting package bought from a software vendor in Nigeria who cared less about after sale service. As the meeting progressed, the accountant told me he's unable to manage the inventory of spare part items of the business and thus the monthly management accounts that is required for decision making and planning is not produced.

While having a meeting with the MD later in the day, she told me point blank that she was going to sack the accountant after we are done with the accounting system repairs. Now, the issue is the accountant happens to be my friend and his wife such a wonderful person with three kids who is currently managing a small business centre.

The question now is this, how do i tell this accountant friend of mine what is about to befall him?

I'll appreciate your useful counsel on this.
Re: How Do You Handle A Challenge Of This Nature? by siegfried99(m): 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
Plead with the MD to pardon the accountant.

And if that falls on deaf ears, advice ur friend to be prepared for the worst.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Challenge Of This Nature? by jeremiah505(m): 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
I totally agree with the 1st commenter (Sieg)...

Buh i advise you don't let the GM know you are connected with the accountant in any way... Just act and intercede for him in a goodwill manner and see what comes off it... Remember to alert your Friend to prepare for the worst...

Am wishing him and his family the very best...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Challenge Of This Nature? by buoye1(m): 4:01am On Jan 17, 2015
Nice comments above me!

Please intercede for him for the sake of his wife and children,do all you can to save his JOB!!

It is difficult from a salary earner to a beggar....Please I plead with U

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Challenge Of This Nature? by Jason2014(m): 5:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
A friend asked me a critical question that got me thinking.

He said, how close are you to this guy? If he's an intimate friend then i should disclose to him and if he's not
i should stylishly ask him, does he see a prospect continuing on this job he's currently handling and if not he
should begin to look elsewhere?

I think i agree with him on that, or what do you guys think?

(1) (Reply)

Preparing For Your First Board Meeting / Overcoming The Confidence Gap For Women / Job Vacancy (3 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.