Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (58315 Views)

Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? / The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Emilokoiyawon: 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
ezanafe:
Be it as it may, We are all sons and daughters of ADAM & EVE since time immemorial... Not minding our Tribe or Origin.

grin No such thing as Adam and Eve - its pure fairy tale. grin
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Redoil: 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin you have been exposed as a Biafra. Your bigoted claim that Yoruba people know ho to re write history to make it look as if every other tribe arround them are from Yoruba... exposes you as a Yoruba-hater (of no consequence but hater all the same). The Yorubas are not expansionist Biafrauds going around claiming anything and everything that is not Yoruba, Edo or Hausa/Fulani. Our cultural self-esteem is too sure for that childish nonsense. If the Ibillo say they are from Benin, or Ife or Madasgascar or wherever its their business, and their history. Yorubas are known all over Nigeria for the simple motto of 'just live and let live.' We don't have time for your childish Biafra business. I have EXPOSED you now move on. grin
another mad man on the loose grabbing people land and calling it Yoruba land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Redoil: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin who is claiming you? ONLY BiaFRAUDS claim people. Yorubas are too sure. Ki lo kan wa? grin
chief drug lord of yaba left and kingof uselu how you dey grin cheesy wink grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Emilokoiyawon: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
Redoil:

another mad man on the loose grabbing people land and calling it Yoruba land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Emilokoiyawon: 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
Redoil:

chief drug lord of yaba left and kingof uselu how you dey grin cheesy wink grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
ezanafe:

If i may ask what is your faith/ believe? I mean your religion.

I believe in what is African because I am africa. ..even more what is Yoruba because I am yoruba
I don't do what you know as religion
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 7:19am On Aug 23, 2015
macof:

I believe in what is African because I am africa. ..even more what is Yoruba because I am yoruba
I don't do what you know as religion
OK i see u don't believe in Christian version of the origin of human race.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 7:21am On Aug 23, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin No such thing as Adam and Eve - its pure fairy tale. grin
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
ezanafe:

Why should I? when am not a slave

4 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
macof:

Why should I? when am not a slave
U mean any1 that is a Christian is now a slave? Bros u need to encounter the Messiah called JESUS.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 12:26am On Aug 24, 2015
ezanafe:

U mean any1 that is a Christian is now a slave? Bros u need to encounter the Messiah called JESUS.

Any African who is a christian, disrespecting his ancestral heritage in favor of foreign dogmas is a slave

Bros, You need to encounter your consciousness and ur true identity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
macof:

Any African who is a christian, disrespecting his ancestral heritage in favor of foreign dogmas is a slave

Bros, You need to encounter your consciousness and ur true identity

JOHN 14:6- Jesus is the way, the truth and the life no one, i repeat no one goes to the father except through Him.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ibilloman: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
According to the current King of Ibillo he said Ibillo people speak both yoruba and ibillo dialect.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 10:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
ibilloman:
According to the current King of Ibillo he said Ibillo people speak both yoruba and ibillo dialect.

ibillo is still a Yoruba dialect with other influences. of all the Okpameri Ibillo speak the most identifiable Yoruba dialect. and all Yoruba land speaks both the native dialect and the popular standard Yoruba dialect
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
ibilloman:

When did the King of IBILLO made such statement?
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by thiagoneves: 8:10am On Oct 08, 2015
ezanafe:
great guy... up OKPAMERI... i have been longing to meet someone from Edo State on Nairaland.
proudly Edo. I rep Ovia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by leederrty1997: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2015
Its interesting nd educative, thanks.
For more of Nigerian histories, culture and traditions, places, legends and lifestyle in early nigeria, visit www.oldnaija. and thank me later.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
thiagoneves:
proudly Edo. I rep Ovia
ovia d italian Republicans.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
cursed people.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Funjosh(m): 12:17am On Oct 10, 2015
lygn19:
cursed people.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 11:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
lygn19:
cursed people.
My guy pls, no one is cursed
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 10:16pm On Oct 15, 2015
odumchi , Fulaman198 , bigfrancis21 please do the needful.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AfekafeIbillo: 11:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
Thanks a lot EZANAFE, you tried jare!
Your contribution is highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by whitebone(m): 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2015
Redoil:
hmmm. Do you realy think i am another igbo guy just because i associated more with them on nairaland? Wonder why?
Ok let me take you round akoko edo all the towns clann and languagestowns include
1.Igarra,
2.Enwan,
3.Aiyegunle,
4.Ugboshi-Afe, 5.Ibillo,
6.Ikiran-Ile,
7.Somorika,
8. Lampese,
you can cotinue reading from this links which is copied from a research i contributed to.
https://m./457065920985347?view=permalink&id=886182438073691&refid=18&_ft_&__tn__=%2As.
I am from ososo with name; omokhowa

What part of Ososo are you from?
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 6:14am On Dec 13, 2015
AfekafeIbillo:
Thanks a lot EZANAFE, you tried jare!
Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Its God's doing.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 6:20am On Dec 13, 2015
odumchi , Fulaman198 , bigfrancis21. This is front page material ni.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
I know Igarra very well. Well, Igarras are not Yorubas and they have no links with Yorubas in any way. Igarras have v and z in their alphabets while yorubas don't have these letters in their own alphabetical system. Igarra people of Akoko-Edo speak Etuno dialect of the Oshuku language. Some Igarra names are Ozioma, Ofuje, Adaviriku, Adeche, Eneze, Ajimego, Ochavinekine, Asusheyi, Iramofu, Ukana, Osireyeriopa, Ozaime, Ozeyeivo, etc, and I don't think any Yoruba man here can interpret any of these names based on Yoruba diction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2016
Deadlytruth:
I know Igarra very well. Well, Igarras are not Yorubas and they have no links with Yorubas in any way. Igarras have v and z in their alphabets while yorubas don't have these letters in their own alphabetical system. Igarra people of Akoko-Edo speak Etuno dialect of the Oshuku language. Some Igarra names are Ozioma, Ofuje, Adaviriku, Adeche, Eneze, Ajimego, Ochavinekine, Asusheyi, Iramofu, Ukana, Osireyeriopa, Ozaime, Ozeyeivo, etc, and I don't think any Yoruba man here can interpret any of these names based on Yoruba diction.
U are very correct. Igarra is not. In any way affiliated with the Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by lawani: 2:47am On Apr 24, 2016
Go back 5 thousand years, Yoruba was not spoken anywhere in Nigeria just like English was not spoken anywhere in Britain, the people adopted the language in same way we are adopting English nowadays. I for one believe that the old language of the Yoruba was Akoko but in a proto form more related to Igbo and Edo than it is today. Just like in Britain there are still a few Celtic languages including Irish, Welsh and a few in England, we also have Akokoid languages remaining in Yoruba land. Those languages are directly descended from our old languages. They will be close to Orofe, the old Ife language known to many Awos. The present Yoruba language is descended from the Kemitic Egyptian in exactly thesame way English is descended from old German. Those Akokoid tongues are the old languages of Yoruba people which means the people are more proto Ife than the people in Ile Ife who now speak the new language derived from Kemitic Egyptian.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
lawani:
Go back 5 thousand years, Yoruba was not spoken anywhere in Nigeria just like English was not spoken anywhere in Britain, the people adopted the language in same way we are adopting English nowadays. I for one believe that the old language of the Yoruba was Akoko but in a proto form more related to Igbo and Edo than it is today. Just like in Britain there are still a few Celtic languages including Irish, Welsh and a few in England, we also have Akokoid languages remaining in Yoruba land. Those languages are directly descended from our old languages. They will be close to Orofe, the old Ife language known to many Awos. The present Yoruba language is descended from the Kemitic Egyptian in exactly thesame way English is descended from old German. Those Akokoid tongues are the old languages of Yoruba people which means the people are more proto Ife than the people in Ile Ife who now speak the new language derived from Kemitic Egyptian.

Yoruba language has nothing to do with Kemetic language. nothing about Yorubas descended from Egypt. we are pure west Africans
if we must trace our origins outside west Africa. .. such proto-YEAI language would still be part of the Niger-Congo languages. .. not an Afro-Asiatic language which ancient Egypt spoke
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by lawani: 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
macof:

Yoruba language has nothing to do with Kemetic language. nothing about Yorubas descended from Egypt. we are pure west Africans
if we must trace our origins outside west Africa. .. such proto-YEAI language would still be part of the Niger-Congo languages. .. not an Afro-Asiatic language which ancient Egypt spoke

You can google it, words like suegbe-fool, ika-wicked, lareja-knowledge, ibudo-dwelling place, On-person, ma-know and over half of modern Yoruba vocab was used in exactly thesame way in kemitic Egypt. So that our current language is descended from that language is not debateable. it is the fact. i for one believe our ancestors spoke Akoko dialects in the past. I once heard an Awo on radio saying our old word for house was Arigidi and that Ile is new. That we speak a language descended from kemitic Egypt does not mean we are descended wholly from kemitic Egypt but definitely a large number of them joined us and we adopted the language same way we are now adopting English.

Something was rendered in modern letters from Kemitic Egyptian hieroglyphics as 'ibw nfr zw bw bn' by those who study that language. they say it means 'where we loved became an evil place. You can see that the language though 5 thousand years old is modern Yoruba ''ibi afe di ibi ibi' which means thesame thing. Whether the language is now classified as Indo European or Afro Asiatic makes no difference to the obvious fact.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 2:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
lawani:

You can google it,
words like suegbe-fool, ika-wicked, lareja-knowledge, ibudo-dwelling place, On-person, ma-know and over half of modern Yoruba vocab was used in exactly thesame way in kemitic Egypt. So that our current language is descended from that language is not debateable. it is the fact. i for one believe our ancestors spoke Akoko dialects in the past. I once heard an Awo on radio saying our old word for house was Arigidi and that Ile is new. That we speak a language descended from kemitic Egypt does not mean we are descended wholly from kemitic Egypt but definitely a large number of them joined us and we adopted the language same way we are now adopting English.
this is what I call gullibility. how can you believe every dumb shiit you read online?
who gave the authors of those online articles the knowledge of the Egyptian language?

all those things are lies Mr. man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi & His Wives At His Daughter's wedding (Photos) / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.