Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,411 members, 7,781,191 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:25 AM

10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria (60293 Views)

Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. / 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
Your insight and judgment is also appreciated.

The additional difficulty in the comparison of each paired courses is given by their positions.

1-- Veterinary MedicineHuman Medicine

2-- PhysicsChemistry

3-- EngineeringArchitecture

4-- DentistryOptometry

5-- BiochemistryPharmacy

6-- Animal ScienceMicrobiology

7-- EconomicsMathematics

8-- LawPhilosophy

9-- GeologyMarketing

10- SociologyPsychology

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Skykid1208(m): 7:14am On Jan 17, 2015
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Moblord(m): 7:25am On Jan 17, 2015
Mathematics should come before economics i think

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 17, 2015
Moblord:
Mathematics should come before economics i think
is still fine shall but because of what others may think about economics difficulty let leave it that way since they are on the same stand. mathematics is somehow fictional but economics spreads to a broad real dealings

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by liveyourlife: 8:45am On Jan 17, 2015
Law comes before animal science oh

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 17, 2015
liveyourlife:
noted, let talk much about the both

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by sagaciousblog: 9:10am On Jan 17, 2015
icecalm:
Your insight and judgment is also appreciated.

The additional difficulty in the comparison of each paired courses is given by their positions.

1-- Veterinary MedicineHuman Medicine

2-- PhysicsChemistry

3-- EngineeringArchitecture

4-- DentistryOptometry

5-- BiochemistryPharmacy

6-- Animal ScienceMicrobiology

7-- EconomicsMathematics

8-- LawPhilosophy

9-- GeologyMarketing

10- SociologyPsychology

the list should be;
1. Dentistry before medicine cos they do evertin pple in medicine does plus their addittional workload except obst and gyn..secondly, there is NOTHING, a student in medicine wud say dat a Dental student have no idea of but the medicine student knows Nothing about dentistry.
2. Geology before pharmacy; omo geology no be beans o and pharm guys need to cram drug names like mad
3.Biochemistry/optometry..others can follow..
N.B; these are my opinions and no one shud quote me for any insult.

12 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 17, 2015
sagaciousblog:
the list should be;
1. Dentistry before medicine cos they do evertin pple in medicine does plus their addittional workload except obst and gyn..secondly, there is NOTHING, a student in medicine wud say dat a Dental student have no idea of but the medicine student knows Nothing about dentistry.
What of Vet. which Animal fit tell you say broda belly dey pain me?grin
sagaciousblog:
2. Geology before pharmacy; omo geology no be beans o and pharm guys need to cram drug names like mad
grin

sagaciousblog:
3.Biochemistry/optometry..others can follow..
N.B; these are my opinions and no one shud quote me for any insult.
what about courses like Chemical Engineering,Physics,Chemistry and et al.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by sagaciousblog: 10:04am On Jan 17, 2015
icecalm:
What of Vet. which Animal fit tell you say broda belly dey pain me?grin
grin

what about courses like Chemical Engineering,Physical,Chemistry and et al.
i said others can follow meanwhile there is veterinary Dentistry as part of Dentistry, hope you know??...FYI,, in every convocation in all the public varsities, the highest number of First class is always from Engineering but such cant be said of geology..Also, i dont understand what you are driving out while quoting me though..

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 17, 2015
liveyourlife:
Animal Science: Animal Science is described as "studying the biology
of animals that are under the control of mankind".
Historically, the degree was called animal husbandry
and the animals studied were livestock species, like
cattle , sheep, pigs , poultry , and horses. Today,
courses available now look at a far broader area to
include companion animals like dogs and cats , and
many exotic species. Typically, the Animal Science
curriculum not only provides a strong science
background, but also hands-on experience working
with animals on campus-based farms. Professional
education in animal science prepares students for
career opportunities in areas such as animal
breeding, food and fiber production, nutrition, animal
agribusiness, animal behavior and welfare, and
biotechnology. Courses in a typical Animal Science
program may include genetics, microbiology, animal
behavior, nutrition, physiology, and reproduction.
Courses in support areas, such as genetics, soils,
agricultural economics and marketing, legal aspects,
and the environment also are offered. All of these
courses are essential to entering an animal science
profession.
At many Universities, a Bachelor of Science (BS)
degree in Animal Science allows emphasis in certain
areas. Typical areas are species-specific or career-
specific. Species-specific areas of emphasis prepare
students for a career in dairy management, beef
management, swine management, sheep or small
ruminant management, poultry production, or the
horse industry. Other career-specific areas of study
include pre-veterinary medicine studies, livestock
business and marketing, animal welfare and behavior,
animal nutrition science, animal reproduction science,
or genetics. The pre-veterinary emphasis at the
University of Minnesota, for example, provides an in-
depth knowledge base of the biological and physical
sciences including nutrition, reproduction, physiology,
and genetics. This option prepares students for
graduate studies in animal science, veterinary school,
and pharmaceutical or animal science industries.

Law:
Law is a system of rules that are enforced through
social institutions to govern behaviour.
it is Designed to meet the increasing demand for professionals with legal training in varied career fields, the BA in Law offers rigorous training for high- performing undergraduates with an interest in law. Students will receive instruction from College of Law faculty in key foundational areas of the law, such as property, contracts, torts, administrative law, and criminal and civil procedure. The curriculum provide training in critical skills that are marketable across professions, such as the ability to "think like a lawyer" in solving problems and to make clearly written and logical arguments. Elective courses allow students to focus on areas of potential interest as wide-ranging as Native American law, business law, immigration law, family law, health law, international law, and environmental law. Law majors are highly encouraged to pursue internships in their field of specialization or career interest, which will also count toward major elective requirements. On graduation, students will be well-equipped for direct employment in an increasing number of jobs where legal training is an advantage, or to pursue further legal education. but law is more than this right?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 17, 2015
Psychology over sociology anytime.... Courses like psycho biology, cognitive psyc no be beans oh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 17, 2015
sagaciousblog:
i said others can follow meanwhile there is veterinary Dentistry as part of Dentistry, hope you know??...FYI,, in every convocation in all the public varsities, the highest number of First class is always from Engineering but such cant be said of geology..Also, i dont understand what you are driving out while quoting me though..
nada bro. just dat cram they make me laugh but shall even business men and women even know the names of medicines like die. but pharmacy is beyond that scope
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 17, 2015
Sammyblake:
Psychology over sociology anytime.... Courses like psycho biology, cognitive psyc no be beans oh
oya front page make we know how many people they in support of your idea. and I will buy it too

2 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Sholaystar4me(m): 10:43am On Jan 17, 2015
Nice one jawee brother, but chemistry over physics shaa... that chemistry ehn#whew

2 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 11:21am On Jan 17, 2015
Sholaystar4me:
Nice one jawee brother, but chemistry over physics shaa... that chemistry ehn#whew
Thick lie,physics is more difficult,come to Unilorin and study physics,na then you go know say baba na father

12 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by sagaciousblog: 11:32am On Jan 17, 2015
iamrealdeji:

Thick lie,physics is more difficult,come to Unilorin and study physics,na then you go know say baba na father
you are very correct boss! Even in uniben, hardly before u see a prof of physics but chemistry profs are in abundance..

5 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
Sholaystar4me:

[size=14pt]

I can only laugh. I studied physics and it changed my life, my physique, the shape of my head, mixed my brain together. I cried, I prayed, I read till I shed hot tears, I watched my course mate go insane, some fainted, some withdrew.
I crammed 18 pages of pure formulas in just 2 days to pass, I solved Mathematical Physics where the lecturer would give you the answer and ask you to solve backwards to get the question. Quantum Physics gave me Migraine till date.
One day I woke and started cursing Einstein, Schrödinger, Fermi, all the dead Scientists cheesy
If I hear again that Chemistry is tougher than Physics, I will vex cheesy

All the lecturers and Profs I know that truly know Physics are no longer normal. They don't act normal undecided
[/size]

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2015

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
^^^^
LWKMD @ standd
I have one big bro that finished from ABU physic, the guy na alien throughout his schooling day.

@OP and sagaciousblog

well, I really dont think there are reasons to compare Dentistry/Medicine.I mean what's the point.although they study virtually same thing in Med school( maybe Dental students have few added course) ,that doesnt necessarily mean Some have it tougher in school.both are good. comparing both sometimes makes it look like some are feeling inferior to others!
About vet though, their matter no be her o.those guys are mad readers, they barely have a social life.I dey always respect them die grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
standd:

[size=14pt]

I can only laugh. I studied physics and it changed my life, my physique, the shape of my head, mixed my brain together. I cried, I prayed, I read till I cried, I watched my course mate go insane, some fainted, some withdrew.
I crammed 18 pages of pure formulas in just 2 days just to pass, I solved Mathematical Physics, Quantum Physics gave me Migraine till date.
One day I woke and started cursing Einstein, Schrödinger, Fermi, all the dead Scientists cheesy

All the lecturers and Profs I know that truly know Physics are no longer normal. They don't act normal undecided
[/size]

I agree with you, Physics is abstruse. It is particularly arduous because a lot of imagination is involved. If you can't envision what you are studying you may run mad.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by joseph1832(m): 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
standd:

[size=14pt]

I can only laugh. I studied physics and it changed my life, my physique, the shape of my head, mixed my brain together. I cried, I prayed, I read till I cried, I watched my course mate go insane, some fainted, some withdrew.
I crammed 18 pages of pure formulas in just 2 days just to pass, I solved Mathematical Physics, Quantum Physics gave me Migraine till date.

[/size]
Chemistry is tougher than physics!.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
Politics is ruling Nl front page till after Feb 14, election things. I really need someone to explain to me how is Chemistry harder than Physics. suggest FTP pls
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
I'm a psychology major..bt I don't see how chemistry is tougher than physics. .. Physics is fucking abstract.... back to psychology /sociology.... Psychology is harder. hands down...you'll have to take loads of biology and stats classes. .. . Psyc is both biological and social science

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by sagaciousblog: 2:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
Preciousjoz:
^^^^
LWKMD @ standd
I have one big bro that finished from ABU physic, the guy na alien throughout his schooling day.

@OP and sagaciousblog

well, I really dont think there are reasons to compare Dentistry/Medicine.I mean what's the point.although they study virtually same thing in Med school( maybe Dental students have few added course) ,that doesnt necessarily mean Some have it tougher in school.both are good. comparing both sometimes makes it look like some are feeling inferior to others!
About vet though, their matter no be her o.those guys are mad readers, they barely have a social life.I dey always respect them die grin
i wasnt comparing sir! He said we shoould give our list and reasons..dats exactly wat i did..thanks!
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
sagaciousblog:
i said others can follow meanwhile there is[b] veterinary Dentistry as part of Dentistry[/b], hope you know??...FYI,, in every convocation in all the public varsities, the highest number of First class is always from Engineering but such cant be said of geology..Also, i dont understand what you are driving out while quoting me though..
BTW, I hope you do confirm this information. vet dentistry should be offered by vet student not Dental students.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by sagaciousblog: 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
Preciousjoz:
BTW, I hope you do confirm this information. vet dentistry should be offered by vet student not Dental students.
veterinary dentistry is a subspecialty of Dentistry and veterinary doctors have to study dentistry to do it..google is ur best frnd though!
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
sagaciousblog:
veterinary dentistry is a subspecialty of Dentistry and veterinary doctors have to study dentistry to do it..google is ur best frnd though!
I have the whole curriculum of dentistry with me and I can tell you for sure that no dental surgery student offer veterinary dentistry only vet students do! cc: damo53

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by sagaciousblog: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
Preciousjoz:
I have the whole curriculum of dentistry with me and I can tell you for sure that no dental surgery student offer veterinary dentistry only vet students do! cc: damo53
you are missing the point boss! in my post above i said vet dentistry is a subspecialty or you can call it specialty if u like of dentistry..Dental students entails both undergrad and post grad savvy?? U only have d undergrad curriculum wit u and i bet u r also only aware of only 9 specialties in dentistry..lets not deviate from the original purpose of this thread.. Gooogle it or preferrably, look up wikipedia..

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2015
sagaciousblog:
you are missing the point boss! in my post above i said vet dentistry is a subspecialty or you can call it specialty if u like of dentistry..Dental students entails both undergrad and post grad savvy?? U only have d undergrad curriculum wit u and i bet u r also only aware of only 9 specialties in dentistry..lets not deviate from the original purpose of this thread.. Gooogle it or preferrably, look up wikipedia..

"Veterinary dentistry is the field of dentistry
applied to the care of animals . It is the art and
science of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment
of conditions, diseases, and disorders of the
oral cavity, the maxillo-facial region, and its
associated structures as it relates to animals.
In the United States , veterinary dentistry is one
of 20 veterinary specialties recognized by the
American Veterinary Medical Association
." from Wikipedia. your answer is at the bolded. dentistry only study humans!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by sagaciousblog: 3:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
Preciousjoz:

"Veterinary dentistry is the field of dentistry
applied to the care of animals . It is the art and
science of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment
of conditions, diseases, and disorders of the
oral cavity, the maxillo-facial region, and its
associated structures as it relates to animals.
In the United States , veterinary dentistry is one
of 20 veterinary specialties
recognized by the
American Veterinary Medical Association ." from Wikipedia. your answer is at the bolded
firstly explain the first line of wat u wrote and secondly,how does one become a veterinary dentist sir? Just ansa dis one and my mouth would be sealed..thanks!
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
sagaciousblog:
how does one become a veterinary dentist sir? Just ansa dis one and my mouth would be sealed..thanks!
Like other veterinarians,
veterinary dentists complete a Doctor of
Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program, but then
they go on to seek specialty training in the field read more on www.vettechcolleges.com/blog/how-to-become-a-veterinary-dentist

about the post graduate stuff,i'm sure what you mean is residency. vet dentists are totally different from the regular dentists and the process involved is different!

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by sagaciousblog: 3:43pm On Jan 17, 2015
Whether it’s a tooth that needs to be pulled,
periodontal disease in need of treatment or a root
canal for alleviating pain, animals and pets require
dental care, too. Since animals cannot verbally say
what they need, regular check-ups and care by a
board-certified veterinary dentist may be all the
more important. Like other veterinarians, veterinary
dentists complete a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
(DVM) program, but then they go on to seek
specialty training in the field. In fact, dentistry is one
of the 22 specialty fields that is recognized by the
American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and
requires two to six years of specific training. The
residency prepares students for the process of board
certification, but students may need to complete
other advanced credential requirements to be able to
sit for the certifying exam.
Only when veterinarians have passed this exam do
they become board certified and gain the ability to
refer to themselves as a ‘diplomate’ of the American
Veterinary Dental College (AVDC) or of another
specialty. What do these board-certified veterinary
dentists do? As the Veterinary Dental Clinic, based
out of Stafford, Texas, points out, veterinary dentists
are responsible for a wide range of tasks, including
evaluating the mouth of both breeding and show
animals, removing oral tumors in bone and soft
tissue, saving teeth by use of a filling, root canal
procedure or crown, and treating any oral issues that
may be apparent from birth or be caused by injury.
Veterinary dentists also provide care for numerous
other conditions, such as abscessed teeth, gingivitis,
fractured teeth, malocclusions (the way the lower
and upper teeth fit together, or in the case of a
malocclusion, do not fit together), and stomatitis (or
inflammation inside of the mouth). Board-certified
veterinarians have the advantage of being able to
post their credential on their website or after their
name (as in ‘Diplomate AVDC) and also will be listed
on the AVDC website as either specializing in
dentistry for all animals or specifically for horses and
other equids.
sagaciousblog:
Whether it’s a tooth that needs to be pulled,
periodontal disease in need of treatment or a root
canal for alleviating pain, animals and pets require
dental care, too. Since animals cannot verbally say
what they need, regular check-ups and care by a
board-certified veterinary dentist may be all the
more important. Like other veterinarians, veterinary
dentists complete a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
(DVM) program, but then they go on to seek
specialty training in the field. In fact, dentistry is one
of the 22 specialty fields that is recognized by the
American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and
requires two to six years of specific training. The
residency prepares students for the process of board
certification, but students may need to complete
other advanced credential requirements to be able to
sit for the certifying exam.
Only when veterinarians have passed this exam do
they become board certified and gain the ability to
refer to themselves as a ‘diplomate’ of the American
Veterinary Dental College (AVDC) or of another
specialty. What do these board-certified veterinary
dentists do? As the Veterinary Dental Clinic, based
out of Stafford, Texas, points out, veterinary dentists
are responsible for a wide range of tasks, including
evaluating the mouth of both breeding and show
animals, removing oral tumors in bone and soft
tissue, saving teeth by use of a filling, root canal
procedure or crown, and treating any oral issues that
may be apparent from birth or be caused by injury.
Veterinary dentists also provide care for numerous
other conditions, such as abscessed teeth, gingivitis,
fractured teeth, malocclusions (the way the lower
and upper teeth fit together, or in the case of a
malocclusion, do not fit together), and stomatitis (or
inflammation inside of the mouth). Board-certified
veterinarians have the advantage of being able to
post their credential on their website or after their
name (as in ‘Diplomate AVDC) and also will be listed
on the AVDC website as either specializing in
dentistry for all animals or specifically for horses and
other equids.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

School Sends Girl Home Because She Didn't Wear A Bra (pics) / University Of Nigeria Nsukka In New beautiful ground Pictures / Federal University Of Dutse SUG President Steps Out In Style (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.