Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome (23840 Views)

Osinbajo Not Qualified To Probe SGF —NLC / Buhari’s Minister Owns $43m EFCC Found In Lagos – Mike Ozekhome / Benue Massacre: Ortom Lazy, Not Qualified To Be Governor - Nyesom Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by Mogidi: 6:50am On Jan 17, 2015
[size=15pt]Buhari not qualified to contest –Ozekhome[/size]

A prominent Lawyer and Human Rights advocate, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), has said that the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, General Muhammadu Buhari, is not qualified to contest the February 14 presidential election.

Ozekhome, who spoke on an Africa Independent Television programme, Kakaaki, on Friday, said the retired General failed to comply with provisions of the electoral law while making entries into the nomination form he submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission.

Ozekhome said, “I know that Nigerians would be curious why this matter is just coming up for the first time and that after all this man had contested the last three Presidential elections.

“I wish to state that I have done, by God’s grace, a lot of election petition matters and I know that up till 2011, INEC form provides that candidates should state their qualifications. In other words, just say that you have O’level; you have B.Sc; you have BL etc; then, you go and sit down.

“But right now, the rule has changed. Form CF001 says apart from filling your qualifications, you must attach them; you must attach photocopies of your qualifications; and to attach means to bind; it means to glue-to. As we look at the form that you have filled, we have to see all your certificates attached to your form.

“So, if you do not attach them, you have not satisfied the minimum requirements; it is therefore not proper to refer INEC to go on a wild goose chase by saying they should look elsewhere for my qualifications.”

The legal practitioner observed that Buhari’s decision to refer INEC to the Secretary of the Military Board for his credentials was like an applicant referring the interviewer to the last place he or she worked.

“That is wrong; the military board we are talking about will also be in possession of the document of the respected general,” he added.

[size=15pt]Ozekhome said section 131 of the constitution is clear that the candidate must have not below school certificate level, or its equivalent, and its equivalent means GCE, WASC, NECO, etc; those are its equivalents.[/size]

In response, former national publicity secretary of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change, Rotimi Fashakin dismissed Ozekhome’s arguments.

He said it was begging the question for members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party and their supporters to begin to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Fashakin , who is a close associate of Buhari, said, “The truth is that a drowning man will hold on to any straw that comes his way.

“This administration is coming to an end and the PDP and its candidate have nothing new to tell the people so they are trying to create a scandal where none exists. They know the general is eminently qualified to contest and he is contesting.

“You and I know that if Buhari was not qualified, he would not have joined the army and risen to the position of general and Head-of-State of this great nation. They should look for another thing.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-not-qualified-to-contest-ozekhome/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by PassingShot(m): 6:53am On Jan 17, 2015
OK we haf hear Mr. hungry lawyer!

The constitution says minimum of O-Level or its equivalent. So what happens to someone who has higher qualifications? Buhari not only has O-Levels but other higher qualifications like the one he obtained from the USA War College. The Nigerian Army at least said they are in possession of copies of his academic certificates, the originals of which were taken and destroyed by the Evil re-incarnate IBB.

My advice to you and your co-travelers is to GO TO COURT, GO AND DIE OR SHUT THE FVCK!

GMB 2015 giving hypertension to the corrupt and wicked ones.

In GMB We Trust!

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by Redoil: 6:55am On Jan 17, 2015
PassingShot:
OK we haf hear!

Next please.
how market today?

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by RichDad1(m): 6:55am On Jan 17, 2015
Mr Charge and bail, if you've got a point, GO TO COURT and stop ranting like a rabid dog.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by RichDad1(m): 6:56am On Jan 17, 2015
Meanwhile, The depth or shallowness of each candidate and his political form is
further accentuated in the following joke currently trending in
Nigeria’s social media:
1. APC: We will ensure power stability.
1. PDP: Where is Mrs Buhari?
2. APC: We are going to fight corruption 2. PDP: APC tried to hack INEC computers
3. APC: We are going to fight terrorism
3. PDP: Some APC elder statesmen are garage touts
4. APC: We will invest in agriculture
4. PDP: S/South will collapse the economy if Jonathan loses
5. APC: We are going to upgrade standard of education 5. PDP: I will expose failures of our ex heads of state
6. APC: We will curb degradation of environmental pollution
6. PDP: Buhari doesn’t know his phone number.
7. APC: Nigeria’s wealth must be enjoyed by all of us
7. PDP: Buhari put Umaru Dikko inside a crate
8. APC: We will encourage rural development 8. PDP: Buhari cannot use a computer.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 17, 2015
Under the gazetted electoral act ,& independent national electoral law

Under section 5 subsection 91,clause 9

An individual or othere entity shall not donate more than ₦1,000,000 to any candidate-Tunde Ayeni - ₦2 billion

10)A candidate who knowingly acts in contravention of this section commits an offence and on conviction is liable in the case of-
A)presidential election,to a maximum fine of ₦1,000,000 or imprisonment for a term of 12 months or both..

GEJ destroyed our constitution and must be accountable

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by PassingShot(m): 6:59am On Jan 17, 2015
Redoil:
how market today?

Market dey fine well well for Team GMB oooo.

How market for your end?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by Mogidi: 7:00am On Jan 17, 2015
“I wish to state that I have done, by God’s grace, a lot of election petition matters and I know that up till 2011, INEC form provides that candidates should state their qualifications. In other words, just say that you have O’level; you have B.Sc; you have BL etc; then, you go and sit down.

[size=15pt]“But right now, the rule has changed. Form CF001 says apart from filling your qualifications, you must attach them; you must attach photocopies of your qualifications; [/size]and to attach means to bind; it means to glue-to. As we look at the form that you have filled, we have to see all your certificates attached to your form.

Buhari's presidential ambition about to go out in smoke even before the election proper.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:03am On Jan 17, 2015
grin this guy don receive alert, omo werey.. This days sef, them just dey dash SAN to some agbero lawyers anyhow grin see him haircut sef grin MC Oluomo of Oshodi sef looks better educated than dis guy. Na wah ooo! Book nor just fit some people no matter how hard they try.

Abeg BUHARI/OSINBAJO feb14 2015

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by korel9: 7:03am On Jan 17, 2015
Tell them

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by MVLOX(m): 7:03am On Jan 17, 2015
So na oga Jona come qualify abi....

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 17, 2015
Hmm
Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by chymystique(f): 7:03am On Jan 17, 2015
Qualified or Not, Buhari will Still Lose As Usual Come Feb 14th grin

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by tempex88(m): 7:04am On Jan 17, 2015
There is freedom of speech but freedom after speech, that I can't guarantee....those where the words of one african leader like that.

This guy just wants to fuel violence. If INEC dere disqualifies GMB, GEJ should be ready to fight what is more than BH. I know enough youth who will die willingly for GMB. Certificate or no certificate,he was a retired General with verifiable qualifications.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by OGeeKush(m): 7:04am On Jan 17, 2015
All these people sha

this nigga is trying to enter pdp payroll. .. u called ue self a SAN nd yet you look like a hungry muthafucka.. BUHARI IS CONTESTING AND HE IS GOING TO WIN BY THE GRACE OF GOD!! I JUST PRAY PDP DOESN'T RETAIN THE OFFICE

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by kristisking(m): 7:04am On Jan 17, 2015
He is a bigot also.If APC could still go ahead to present a serial loser called Buhari as their candidate,then they don't mean business with PDP.They have already shot themselves in the leg.I see PDP winning with 55%.GEJ may not be performing to expection,but sincerely Buhari won't do better.I pray God frustrate whoever doesnt mean well for this country.Nigeria is bigger than an individual.Politics should not be a do or die affair.I support whoever will sincerely rule this country with the fair of God and not pretenders who will change colours when they assume power.What nigerians need this time around is not which region or person of a particular faith will rule the country.What we need is somebody that will carry everybody along to bring total transformation.If Buhari is not qualified,cant APC come up with a formidable candidate to replace GMB who age is even no longer on his side.The ealier our politicians put an end to desperation for power,the better it will be for Nigeria.Desperation for power brews hatred,envil and instability

30 Likes

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by Daguccizgreat(m): 7:04am On Jan 17, 2015
Leaders who lack basic education are likely to undermine our educational growth and is not good for our country.....oby Ezekwesili.

If the old man insists on running without presenting his cert, allow him to go and disgrace himself for the forth time. He can Not defeat Gej and if anytin goes wrong what happened in 1993 will repeat Itself.

Well meaning Nigerians have rejected u buhari.

Gej all the way

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by Oyecute(m): 7:04am On Jan 17, 2015
If he likes, mak he present NEPA bill or Tissue paper. Jonathan must go!!! .... What is the essence of certificate witout brain and tangible contribution? All I want is a new Nigeria and not all ds failed and lost ideas. #TeamBuhari

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by edgyslim: 7:05am On Jan 17, 2015
Y won't he say that? After e don collect National Conference Money

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by Barselonia(m): 7:05am On Jan 17, 2015
*HON PATRICK VOICE*
I CAN SEE FEAR IN THE EYES OF PDP
THIS POLITICAL CRINKUM CRANKUM IS MAKE PDP
RUNNING UP AND DOWN..
BUHARI HAS BEING CONTESTING RIGHT WAY BACK
SINCE THE TIME OF OBJ BUT NO ONE EVER QUESTION IS
CERTIFICATE.
BUT RIGHT NOW ,THE POLITICAL HIGI-HAGA IS MAKE
GEJ TO FEAR OF LOSING......
click like if u believe GEJ is fear of losing Now finding
ways of bringing down BUHARI

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by BlackTechnology: 7:05am On Jan 17, 2015
Biko leave grandfather alone

This time around , his daughter will bring the handkerchief for him grin

Even Fashola has indirectly denounced him based on old age. cool

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by jingh(f): 7:06am On Jan 17, 2015
Jonathan is not qualified for a second time not to talk of been a President but since he had become one already, the only thing remaining is ejecting stagnancy and incompetence out.

if qualification is the main solution to Nigeria problems,I will vote for GEJ
but what Nigeria need is a strong,intelligent, seasoned, and experienced president.
say yes to buhari
no to incompetence
buhari for President

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by ichidodo: 7:06am On Jan 17, 2015
Instead of the APC camp to counter this with facts,figures or maybe with quotes from the Nigerian Constitution you can observe how they dodged the issue lamenting about imagined barbs from the PDP...is the PDP withholding bumhari's cert? Or Are we saying Buhari's rise through the Army was a normal occurrence of Sardauna's bigot policy of plucking illiterate northern boys away from their cattle trails and putting them at the helm of our forces via the infamous northern quota system?? How can one be said to be anticorrupt when he himself used corruption to rise to power and is now surrounded by corruption in is his campaign trails?? Nigerians shine your eyes o!!..

34 Likes

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by 2sureguy1(m): 7:06am On Jan 17, 2015
Abegi, leave grandpa alone, let him try his luck again, If he losses again, den, he's a destined loser.
U're once like him wen u av ordinary O'level.
Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by alberto2k(m): 7:06am On Jan 17, 2015
[size=20]Dear MR. San.. Are you INEC?![/size] undecided

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by alaoeri: 7:07am On Jan 17, 2015
Make he go remove Buhari name & party from ballot ode. undecided
Sai Buhari.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by NaijaOptimist: 7:07am On Jan 17, 2015
The Nigerian people will decide.
We want GMB
We want change.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by Mogidi: 7:07am On Jan 17, 2015
“So, if you do not attach them, you have not satisfied the minimum requirements; it is therefore not proper to refer INEC to go on a wild goose chase by saying they should look elsewhere for my qualifications.

The legal practitioner observed that Buhari’s decision to refer INEC to the Secretary of the Military Board for his credentials was like an applicant referring the interviewer to the last place he or she worked.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by priscaoge(f): 7:08am On Jan 17, 2015
Chai Truth is indeed bitter cheesy cheesy cheesy See How they are crying cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thank you my Council! Maybe we should wait for him to finish his exam then come back n contest again,this time his running mate might be Cardinal Okogie or even Bible cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by kay1one(m): 7:08am On Jan 17, 2015
Someone ban this illiterate!

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by olaboy001(m): 7:08am On Jan 17, 2015
Chissos! Is this man a learner?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome by nijanigga: 7:08am On Jan 17, 2015
looking at this man's head you can see too much pork.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Groups In Battle For Buhari’s Re-election / Buhari Meets Obasanjo, Jonathan, Others Over Insecurity Today / Northern Political Leaders Divided Over Buhari, Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.