Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division (22088 Views)

Governor Wike "Changes His Name" Over Dismissal Of 6 Policemen In Rivers. Photos / Soldiers Protest Non-payment Of Allowances In Yola / Nigerian Soldiers Protest Against Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by resty4(m): 7:13am On Jan 17, 2015
About 227 members of the Nigerian Army serving with 3 Armoured Division in Jos, who were allegedly dismissed by the military authorities on Friday protested against their General Officer Commanding (GOC), asking for the intervention of President Goodluck Jonathan.

The soldiers who stormed the Plateau State NUJ Secretariat in Jos with placards said they were unjustly dismissed without any known offence and without the benefit of fair hearing.

The leader of the protesting soldiers, Sergeant Abiona Elisha, said, “We were dismissed this week Tuesday from the service of the Nigerian Army after sending us to go and suffer fighting insurgency in Adamawa, Yobe and Borno states.

“All of a sudden, we were recalled to the barracks and made to face trial. Even in the trial, we were not given the chance to defend ourselves. They just took decision and dismissed us. We were not even told what our offences were during the so-called trial.

“We are surprised that we can be treated like this in our own country. We were sent to fight insurgents without weapons. A lot of our colleagues were killed in the course of defending our fatherland. Even those who are in hospitals treating injuries they sustained from battle fields were also dismissed while still on hospital admission.

“The worst situation is that families of our colleagues killed in Adamawa and Yobe are languishing in hunger as Nigerian Army refused to pay their entitlements.
The soldiers called on the President and Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. General Kenneth Minimah, to intervene in their case and reinstate them.

When contacted, Deputy Director of the 3 Armoured Division Jos, Col. Texas Chukwu, said : “I am not aware of the development; I just returned from Yola on Tuesday. So I am not aware of anything. Thank you.”http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/227-soldiers-protest-dismissal-by-3-armoured-division/199416/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by PassingShot(m): 7:14am On Jan 17, 2015
There is trouble in Nigeria.

This is what you get when the Head (the Comedian in Chief) is not the Commander.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by free2naira: 7:21am On Jan 17, 2015
Evidently there's a rapid decline in the level of discipline in the Nigerian Armed Forces.

26 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by otokx(m): 7:25am On Jan 17, 2015
Tomorrow some will say CNN is biased when in effect its the reality of the situation.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by BlackTechnology: 7:30am On Jan 17, 2015
otokx:
Tomorrow some will say CNN is biased when in effect its the reality of the situation.
free2naira:
Evidently there's a rapid decline in the level of discipline in the Nigerian Armed Forces.
PassingShot:

This is what you get when the Head (the Comedian in Chief) is not the Commander.

No picture no video

And

You guys believe grin

11 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 17, 2015
The deserve medals nt court martial
God punish all those who send our gallant Men n Women into battle with little or nthing

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by klodike(m): 7:46am On Jan 17, 2015
Soldiers are meant to die in battle field and not sit in barracks and take pepper soup. Mr sergeant whether it's sticks u were giving, use it and fight. I thought it use to be obey before complain.

19 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by BlackTechnology: 7:50am On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
Soldiers are meant to die in battle field and not sit in barracks and take pepper soup. Mr sergeant whether it's sticks u were giving, use it and fight. I thought it use to be obey before complain.

No mind them.

After handing over their bullets to BH, they turned around to blame FG.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:

For Once In Your Life, Try Putting Itself In Harm's Way. Then U Can Feel The Heat The Way They Did.

38 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by theV0ice: 7:57am On Jan 17, 2015
BlackTechnology:

No picture no video

And

You guys believe grin

Do you imagine THISDAY will publish this kind of news if it isn't true? wink

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by BlackTechnology: 7:59am On Jan 17, 2015
theV0ice:

Do you imagine THISDAY will publish this kind of news if it isn't true? wink

Son

I don't believe paper

Upload the Youtube or Pics as evidence grin

2 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by klodike(m): 7:59am On Jan 17, 2015
Oga sir that is why i didn't not join the military. Were they forced to join After all its the same weapons they claim they don't have, that BH collected from them. Don't get me wrong, i know they are underfunded but so is every sector in Nigeria.
aze:

For Once In Your Life, Try Putting Itself In Harm's Way. Then U Can Feel The Heat The Way They Did.

7 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by theV0ice: 8:01am On Jan 17, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Son

I don't believe paper

Upload the Youtube or Pics as evidence grin

boy

i understand grin

2 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by musiwa97: 8:03am On Jan 17, 2015
c

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by BlackTechnology: 8:04am On Jan 17, 2015
theV0ice:

boy

i understand grin

Thanks son grin

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by BlackTechnology: 8:06am On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
Oga sir that is why i didn't not join the military. Were they forced to join After all its the same weapons they claim they don't have, that BH collected from them. Don't get me wrong, i know they are underfunded but so is every sector in Nigeria.

God bless you

Ihejirika used those same weapons to tame BH cool

9 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by NaijaOptimist: 8:07am On Jan 17, 2015
PassingShot:

Everything has fallen apart under GEJ.

Time for change.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by theV0ice: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Thanks son grin

you welcome boy wink

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Lordseyad(m): 8:13am On Jan 17, 2015
Oga Seun , my app isn't notifying me anymore, kilode -- I jxt deleted and re download ed another one now, still the same ish
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by datguru: 8:13am On Jan 17, 2015
Can someone tell me what's happening in this country?

Seems like we don't have a lead. I'm a Gej fan but truth be said, Gej has done Nigeria no good.

But all the same, GEJ until someone comes with a better plan. Buhari has no plan

7 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Neduzze5(m): 8:14am On Jan 17, 2015
Pinshure or you know na wink
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 17, 2015
They cannot raise 21 billion to fight boko haram yet they raised 21 billion for some silly merry go round campaign that it just a show in stupidity.

Many soldiers have been complaining of lack of adequate equipment, yet some ignorant die hard PDP are saying that they are just crying wolf. It's either that jonathan is not concerned about the lives of the citizens he govern or he is benefitting immensely from this insurgency. Whichever way, his time would be up in the next 27days : 04Hrs: 30Secs.

#countingdowntoFebuhari

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 8:15am On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
U again?? because u don get small money do subscription,u just dey type rubbish.Oga save ur MB or rather, use it to download common sense. How senseless and Inhumane cud someone be?? Imagine ur dad was a solja and was killed in dis manner,maybe wen u were a little boy,hw wud u ve felt?? Bro,pls drop ur old habits,dis is a new year. I wish U all d best.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by fr3do(m): 8:15am On Jan 17, 2015
What would bloody civilians now do?
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by nakedwire(m): 8:15am On Jan 17, 2015
Jonathan what are u turning NA into....wide spread corruption and injustice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Franchise21(m): 8:16am On Jan 17, 2015
Booked
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Usman212s: 8:16am On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
they are meant to succeed not to die mumu

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Clerverly: 8:17am On Jan 17, 2015
Nigerian soldiers are cowards! I don't have any pity for them! The should have been jailed for the offence!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by klodike(m): 8:18am On Jan 17, 2015
Thank you sir i believe we must not have the same opinions about issues. This is the way i think. Don't give me some emotional blackmail. Hapi newyear.
2muchopoTBdope:

U again?? because u don get small money do subscription,u just dey type rubbish.Oga save ur MB or rather, use it to download common sense. How senseless and Inhumane cud someone be?? Imagine ur dad was a solja and was killed in dis manner,maybe wen u were a little boy,hw wud u ve felt?? Bro,pls drop ur old habits,dis is a new year. I wish U all d best.

2 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Wuuworld(m): 8:18am On Jan 17, 2015
We are complaining of inadequacy in the number of personnels in our armed forces and u guys are busy dismissing the little we have....if these men commit an offense,punish them squarely not dismissal......Most of these men join military because of unemployment,they now see it as a career not a Job again...they risk their life for the nation,they deserve some appreciation no matter what happen.....non of these people that dismissed them know the route to sambisa forest,not even in the map....if dismissal is now the order of the day,how many of our so called top officials have been sack from work so far?......itz high time we start to appreciate these brave men who work for the safety of the nation....WELCOME to Nigeria, a country were Nepotism,favouritism,Godfatherism,ethnicism,tribalism,corruption and bribery flourish like a mustered seed planted in Jerusalem,harvested in Judah and package in Nigeria by MR WUUWORLD..

8 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Akshow: 8:19am On Jan 17, 2015
ok
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by eaglechild: 8:20am On Jan 17, 2015
conflicting hear says.

i hope the old skinny general is not trying to weep up sentiments in the military cause that is a treasonable offence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olawale Oluwo, Ambode Commissioner Resigns From APC / Maina Has Started Speaking Up On How He Spent The N24bn ―source / 16 States Now Pay Minimum Wage – NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.